Quantcast

There's A Lot of Confusion about What a "Divestor" Really Is.

Sade Winfrey

Retired
Reaction score
Reactions
156,532 4,989 2,876
Alleybux
It’s good to know that I’ve been divesting for years then since I agree with this entirely and support it 100%.

It’s crazy how some black women don’t put themselves and themselves only at the front of the line in life. I mean if you don’t, then who will baby girl?
I just started acting on divesting 100% from Black culture, Blackistan (I will drive hours before I even expose myself to the Black community where I live and that's usually in impoverished neighborhoods, I want no parts), I have also gradually divested from toxic, traumatic family members.

Life is so much brighter and greener on the other side when you no longer subscribe or care about the foolery.

just coco

immune to the gaslighting
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
126,115 3,810 4,298
Alleybux
I have also gradually divested from toxic, traumatic family members.
i feel like this will be the final and hardest hurdle for alot of black women.......black women are having less children, so that is where my hope lies.......

Sade Winfrey

Retired
Reaction score
Reactions
156,532 4,989 2,876
Alleybux

I listened to a podcast by Michelle Rohr and she was explaining how she had to cut her family off to retain her energy and focus to put into her own family. She said she no longer dealt with them and they tried to make her feel as though she was an evil person for no longer engaging with their drama. She said the family she is responsible for is the one that she creates on her own, and it resonated with me deeply. I'm not about to give my parents, siblings, and extended family all of my resources and be left with nothing to give my children, my husband, or myself when it's time for me to retire.

I think more BW need to start considering their marriage and future kids at an earlier age. The way Black people move is ass backwards.

Last edited:

Sade Winfrey

Retired
Reaction score
Reactions
156,532 4,989 2,876
Alleybux
I think people have a general understanding of what it means. But to be honest, some are so threatened by the idea of Black women caring about their own well-being instead of the opinions of others. So many will find a problem with it regardless. Instead of worrying about black woman movements, people need to be less concerned about us and worry about themselves.
Given the recent 'bw living in luxury' hate, I really think people feel BW shouldn't be selfish at all. I blame this on slavery and us being depicted in maid roles, we're always seen as the 'help' to everyone and everything. On the job, at home, in the family, in media, and movies - now that BW are beginning to wake up and put their needs first it's a problem.

White women have been doing this for centuries, with all their housekeepers, nannies, and no expectations from their men, now when BW expect the same treatment, it's a problem lol.

bellabissina

choco socialite
Reaction score
Reactions
2,235 62 20
Alleybux
Girl this might be true but the name is spoiled on all socials. I'd much rather be seen as an individual, herd mentality is another way to invite misinterpretation. In fact, no one needs to know what I'm doing. You'll attract the right ppl eventually.

Alert Above

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,094 952 1,804
Alleybux
If you're not interested in being a divestor, then this thread is not for you.

I have noticed a lot of confusion on social media concerning divestors. Whether it be on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, or LSA, the real definition of a divestor is being twisted around.

Most "divestors" think divesting is about men, when it's really not. It's about YOU. Centering YOURSELF, improving who YOU are, and protecting YOUR peace of mind.

It's not about whether or not you want to date black men, white men, Asian men, etc. BEING A DIVESTOR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MEN!

These things can be a magnet for attracting the right men/man for you, but overall that's not what it's about.

This is what being a divestor is really about:
  • Healing from trauma and uncovering those deep buried internal wounds that you have never recovered from (black women really need to go therapy. It doesn't matter if you think it's bougie or costs too much, you NEED to heal)
  • If you don't want to do therapy, do shadow work for a certain amount of days (you pick) so that you can uncover what you're hiding from yourself and others. Watch YouTube videos on doing this
  • Recognizing the toxicity within the black community and how stereotypes are being supported by other black women and how you can pull your support from that (Y'all are not ready for that conversation)
  • Cutting off toxic relationships with anyone that you know (It's so important to protect your peace and your mental health, so cut them off!)
  • Cleansing your spirit by meditating and/or praying, using crystals to help you navigate spirituality
  • Taking care of you internal organs by eating healthy
  • Pulling your support (your money, your energy, and your time) from people, businesses who do not support you as a black woman
  • Really taking the time to know yourself, inside and out. Knowing what you like and don't like, knowing your boundaries/limits when it comes to dating, friendships, etc.
  • Being self-accepting once you realize that you cannot change your past decisions and that you can only move forward from where you're at right now
  • Taking care of your physical health, by exercising in whatever way that you want to (this is not me being fat-phobic, your health is your wealth!), eating the right foods to give your skin a glow-y look and so you can preserve your youth, getting enough sleep at night (8 to 10 hours) so that you don't wake up feeling groggy, investing in your oral and personal hygiene (because those are the first things people notice about you)
  • Elevating your socioeconomic status by networking with high class people and increasing your value/net-worth (this may not be for everyone so do this at your own discretion)
  • Learning how to stop fighting EVERYONE'S battles because that energy is hardly ever reciprocated (especially for black women who are constantly being SJWs) BURN THE CAPE AND STOP MULING!
  • Not accepting anything less than corrective representation for black women because we deserve nothing but the very best.
If you think I left anything out, feel free to add something to it.
That was beautifully written and profound.

GlamorousOne

Forever I’m That Girl ~ ALIEN SUPERSTAR ~ UNIQUE!
Reaction score
Reactions
333,520 8,434 3,983
Alleybux
That was beautifully written and profound.

You’re Chinese, so why are you worried about divestors? Calling black women Hairhats in one thread and then pretending to be down for BW in the next? Disingenuous at best. And definitely Weird

Alert Above

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
3,094 952 1,804
Alleybux
You’re Chinese, so why are you worried about divestors? Calling black women Hairhats in one thread and then pretending to be down for BW in the next? Disingenuous at best. And definitely Weird
Why are you stalking me?

You're a weirdo!

It was beautifully written. What's your problem?

LSA is full of weirdos... SMH

just coco

immune to the gaslighting
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
126,115 3,810 4,298
Alleybux
bros before hoes.......this fake ass ****** who is bragging about being asian, is reaching back into blakistan to help his fellow fukboi bretheren......this is what lets you know he is mostly negroit......i just cant......LoL

Resipop

I Love LSA just not Fools
Reaction score
Reactions
220,287 8,760 2,212
Alleybux
If you're not interested in being a divestor, then this thread is not for you.

I have noticed a lot of confusion on social media concerning divestors. Whether it be on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, or LSA, the real definition of a divestor is being twisted around.

Most "divestors" think divesting is about men, when it's really not. It's about YOU. Centering YOURSELF, improving who YOU are, and protecting YOUR peace of mind.

It's not about whether or not you want to date black men, white men, Asian men, etc. BEING A DIVESTOR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MEN!

These things can be a magnet for attracting the right men/man for you, but overall that's not what it's about.

This is what being a divestor is really about:
  • Healing from trauma and uncovering those deep buried internal wounds that you have never recovered from (black women really need to go therapy. It doesn't matter if you think it's bougie or costs too much, you NEED to heal)
  • If you don't want to do therapy, do shadow work for a certain amount of days (you pick) so that you can uncover what you're hiding from yourself and others. Watch YouTube videos on doing this
  • Recognizing the toxicity within the black community and how stereotypes are being supported by other black women and how you can pull your support from that (Y'all are not ready for that conversation)
  • Cutting off toxic relationships with anyone that you know (It's so important to protect your peace and your mental health, so cut them off!)
  • Cleansing your spirit by meditating and/or praying, using crystals to help you navigate spirituality
  • Taking care of you internal organs by eating healthy
  • Pulling your support (your money, your energy, and your time) from people, businesses who do not support you as a black woman
  • Really taking the time to know yourself, inside and out. Knowing what you like and don't like, knowing your boundaries/limits when it comes to dating, friendships, etc.
  • Being self-accepting once you realize that you cannot change your past decisions and that you can only move forward from where you're at right now
  • Taking care of your physical health, by exercising in whatever way that you want to (this is not me being fat-phobic, your health is your wealth!), eating the right foods to give your skin a glow-y look and so you can preserve your youth, getting enough sleep at night (8 to 10 hours) so that you don't wake up feeling groggy, investing in your oral and personal hygiene (because those are the first things people notice about you)
  • Elevating your socioeconomic status by networking with high class people and increasing your value/net-worth (this may not be for everyone so do this at your own discretion)
  • Learning how to stop fighting EVERYONE'S battles because that energy is hardly ever reciprocated (especially for black women who are constantly being SJWs) BURN THE CAPE AND STOP MULING!
  • Not accepting anything less than corrective representation for black women because we deserve nothing but the very best.
If you think I left anything out, feel free to add something to it.
I know I’m late but I appreciate this definition. I’ve been confused by the term. This really came up for me recently after listening to a rather disturbing segment on Cyn G’s panel the other day. Anyway, the idea of addressing trauma, maintaining your peace, and putting yourself first is the perfect thing for black women to do.

Ish Gibor

I am the prize
Reaction score
Reactions
13,918 2,071 4,437
Alleybux
If that’s the case then everyone is “divested”
I figured out so as well. I wonder about the BM who say SYSBM (Save Yourself Black Man). Are they divested as well?

Are new up-and-rising middle class and upper middle class Black communities also divested, with divested Black women and Black men?