Quantcast

this “TRAINER” is ABUSIVE

BlowingSoul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,439 3,070 493
Alleybux
I didn't have a problem with it. She was telling herself she couldn't do it, when it was obvious that she was capable. She needed to be pushed, which is probably why she hired him.

MzTeaze

QueenSupreme
Reaction score
Reactions
58,299 1,367 276
Alleybux
She obviously COULD do it but needed a push. That's what (good) trainers do, get you out of your comfort zone.

SoulfullyMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,329 462 696
Alleybux
He's actually supportive and seems to want the best for her as he should. Personal trainers are not supposed to be talking all soft, they are there to push their clients to their fullest potential. That is his job, I'm pretty sure he knows when to stop if his clients are overworking themselves.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
10,855 124 13
Alleybux
Nah I really don't feel like this was abuse. I feel like this is exactly how a real dedicated trainer will push someone who needs it.
This is nothing compared to that clown someone posted on here a few days ago that put a client on blast on his page, calling her fat ass because she posted a cheeseburger on her stories. lol

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,852 11,268 4,454
Alleybux
This exercise is inappropriate for her at her size and fitness level. She could barely hold herself up on that machine, she can’t do it for long enough to get a decent work out, and it’s so difficult for her to do she’ll likely not want to exercise at all if it means having to go through this ordeal many more times. This video isn’t for helping her, its for helping this “trainer” go viral, and I’m not okay with that.

She’s just starting off, she should be seeing a dietitian and a therapist before she should see a personal trainer. Just walking around is enough of a physical challenge for her, so she should be encouraged to do any type of consistent movement that she finds even a little bit enjoyable.

YaManSuckedmyToes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
160,646 3,408 3,982
Alleybux
Anyway, ignoring that one weird comment. I don’t think he was bad, he was attentive (don’t know why everything has to be filmed). I do however question certain trainers and find them inappropriate or incompetent(from videos and other things that float around twitter). Anyway, Goodluck to the lady.

BarefootMaria

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
196,729 3,202 1,756
Alleybux
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this. If you are sensitive to THIS, you shouldn't have a trainer at all. They are there to help PUSH you. I have seen MUCH worse. That's what you PAY them for. She could walk on her OWN to avoid "injury".

You could tell he was annoyed, but maybe next time she won't give up as easily, if she knows she can trust him and actual complete the exercise.

Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
8,939 390 794
Alleybux
This exercise is inappropriate for her at her size and fitness level. She could barely hold herself up on that machine, she can’t do it for long enough to get a decent work out, and it’s so difficult for her to do she’ll likely not want to exercise at all if it means having to go through this ordeal many more times. This video isn’t for helping her, its for helping this “trainer” go viral, and I’m not okay with that.

She’s just starting off, she should be seeing a dietitian and a therapist before she should see a personal trainer. Just walking around is enough of a physical challenge for her, so she should be encouraged to do any type of consistent movement that she finds even a little bit enjoyable.
This is (potentially) true. What is that machine called?

When you are at her level of obesity, you want to avoid high-impact exercises. Not only are they dangerous for the joints, they are also legitimately uncomfortable for them. Don’t know what that machine is though (is it some kind of stepper?), but it looks pretty low-impact so I think the trainer was right in thinking she just wasn’t pushing herself enough.

Kikyo

Mrs Seokjin, Stupid People annoy me
Reaction score
Reactions
56,411 431 174
Alleybux
A low impact machine
Pushing her to be healthy as he was hired to do
Knowing her capabilities and helping her reach them

I swear people use the word abuse just for sh!ts and giggles sometimes

Ren80

Burn the cape and scatter the ashes.
Reaction score
Reactions
39,461 1,093 718
Alleybux
I really don’t think he was all that bad. But...
a) No need to film this
b) That’s not a good machine for her at her current size, though. Any reputable training certification would let you know that (I have a cert that I don’t use anymore) simplicity is key for this client. She really just needs a dedicated treadmill walking program and calorie restriction right now to easily drop those first twenty lbs.

MERVEILLEUSE

Encyclopedia Dramatica
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
713,852 11,268 4,454
Alleybux
This is (potentially) true. What is that machine called?

When you are at her level of obesity, you want to avoid high-impact exercises. Not only are they dangerous for the joints, they are also legitimately uncomfortable for them. Don’t know what that machine is though (is it some kind of stepper?), but it looks pretty low-impact so I think the trainer was right in thinking she just wasn’t pushing herself enough.
Its a vertical climber, a bit like a stair stepper but at an incline. It’s a more advanced workout, and it’s hard for people that are in decent shape, but without the muscle tone, coordination and aerobic conditioning, it’s hell. She’s also not able to use it with correct form because of her body shape, so basically she’s just laying against the thing moving her arms and legs awkwardly. She’s lucky that she didn’t lose her footing and fall. An elliptical would have been a better choice, or an recumbent bike, and there’s nothing wrong with a treadmill. She might also enjoy simply walking outside.

Also, and I’m not trying to be funny, these machines have weight limits. Accidents happen and it would be terrible for this woman if one would occur while using this machine she was instructed to use by a trainer that didn’t consider the danger of it.

letlive

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,863 1,382 487
Alleybux
This video rubbed me the wrong way when I saw it the week before last. No disrespect but that woman is huge, she can lose weight with changes to her diet ALONE. She doesn’t need to do exercises that can cause physical injury to lose weight. At her size, she needs to be doing low impact exercises. He could put her in the pool & work her out.

Froreal3

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,082 8 2
Alleybux
He wasn’t remotely abusive, but she is clearly a beginner and needs help with nutrition and mobility exercises. Simply walking would do it for her. However, we don’t really know context. Maybe she wanted to try this machine. Either way, the way it was approached wasn’t abusive. He was just trying to motivate her. He never even yelled like some trainers do. Lol

Ilykeggs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,675 3,273 684
Alleybux
For her size:
Diet
Walking on the treadmill at a low incline and low speed
Elliptical
Light weights 5 to 10 lbs. The weight of her arms will actually be enough.
That's it and she will lose weight and notice a big difference.