Quantcast

This Is Us Season 5, Episode 13 "Brotherly Love"

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,276 2,654 869
Alleybux
I’ve been saying this for the longest. Idk how Black ppl sit there and debate them in comments on FB and twitter and whatnot. They choose to be ignorant to things a lot of times even as we try to tell them and even though they won’t ever truly get it, they’re not down to listen forreal. So I leave it alone.
Or they’re actually purposely racist, this idea that theyre just ignorant is played out. This includes the so-called microagression, it takes nothing just to act normal around someone instead of always taking digs at their race.

JustBeingMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,304 966 131
Alleybux
Wow what can I say! This episode had me on edge from the beginning, cringing at the awkwardness, the silences, the unspoken words.

I am glad they made up in the end. I would love love love to have a funny buddy Kevin and Randall episode where they have to do something together. They’re bickering is sooo funny to watch. The scene when they were going to the neighbour was more funnier than it should have been. Also Randall/Sterling buns were TIGHT in this episode that side profile had his buns sitting perfectly lmao.

I made a mistake of checking comments under the TIU hashtag and a lot of the white people are SEETHING or bored of Randall’s “sulking” they really want us to just to suck it up and be “grateful” we can’t be humans who can feel pain and sadness smh.

Randall really had to be a shell of his true self to please and keep the equilibrium steady and not rock the boat. Putting his feelings to one side as to not upset his parents who he can see are clearly over compensation for him being the ‘odd one out’ and doing everything in their power to show him how much they loved him, and ignoring the elephant in the room.

It must be hard being a transracial adoptee, I’m glad Randal was honest and Kevin realised his racial blind spots.

It think it’s about time the show comes to a close. I think we are reaching its peak in terms of being able to use Jack.

Can’t wait for the final season. I need closure!!! Will Kate lose weight? Who is Deja baby daddy? Are Beth and Tess on good terms?? Are Kevin and Randall stil cool? Who is Kevin married too? Is Kate even alive?

Also give us a proper back story on Miguel, the guy has a whole other family that are hardly in the picture? What’s good TIU??

Lastly Sterling K Brown is a phenomenal actor, like he deserves all the hype he gets!!! Honestly.

And Milo just looks fione in every scene unprovoked!!!

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,276 2,654 869
Alleybux
ALWAYS! And people wanted him to end up with Zoey. Zoey is too mature and ain't got the time to reel Kev in from his foolishness.

Even Madison be on the fence about him. lol
We just wanted him with Zoe because we liked seeing her face on our screen lol.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,771 70 5
Alleybux
I wish Kevin would have expressed how he felt when their parents always give Randall extra attention to counter the racial things that would happen.
This. I also think they should have revisited the argument they had at the family group therapy session when Rebecca admitted that she favoured Randall. This was the root cause of the problem, and in Kevin's mind, Randall was favoured because he was black (and adopted).

tout et rien

All and Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
71,762 1,511 698
Alleybux
We just wanted him with Zoe because we liked seeing her face on our screen lol.
That's the best thing they had going as a couple, they looked really good together. Beyond that, nope. I think he and Madison have the ability to work out, even though I think they are going to kill her off. You can't convince me that Kevin isn't still in love with Sophie. Sometimes I think he wants to create this family man image so he can present himself to Sophie as the complete package she won't be able to resist.

It would be interesting to see how long Zoe keeps up with her love em and leave em ways. It was why Beth tried to warn Kevin to steer clear. It doesn't seem to be making Zoe happy. Not sure what she wants. But since they are bent on showing us every single day of Jack's life, there really isn't any time for such musings.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,276 2,654 869
Alleybux
That's the best thing they had going as a couple, they looked really good together. Beyond that, nope. I think he and Madison have the ability to work out, even though I think they are going to kill her off. You can't convince me that Kevin isn't still in love with Sophie. Sometimes I think he wants to create this family man image so he can present himself to Sophie as the complete package she won't be able to resist.

It would be interesting to see how long Zoe keeps up with her love em and leave em ways. It was why Beth tried to warn Kevin to steer clear. It doesn't seem to be making Zoe happy. Not sure what she wants. But since they are bent on showing us every single day of Jack's life, there really isn't any time for such musings.
And I ... oop.
But you’re right, they need to cool it with the flashbacks of Zack. I actually liked Kevin with Sophie, this new girl seems like a sorry imitation of her for him. Yeah, I used to be like Zoe so I can relate, after awhile that lifestyle gets tired, at 24 I’m taking a break from that. I feel like after a certain age, the excitement wears off and you just want some consistency. It’s scary to let people in but life gets dull keeping people out.

Lilac80330

Act up and I'll tell you to go to bed!
Reaction score
Reactions
64,804 1,089 117
Alleybux
I actually liked Kevin with Sophie, this new girl seems like a sorry imitation of her for him. Yeah, I used to be like Zoe so I can relate, after awhile that lifestyle gets tired, at 24 I’m taking a break from that. I feel like after a certain age, the excitement wears off and you just want some consistency. It’s scary to let people in but life gets dull keeping people out.

This whole part of your comment. But mainly the bolded.

UrFavoriteLatte

Almost-Mrs. Wilhemina Slater-Meade
Reaction score
Reactions
87,239 1,480 582
Alleybux
Black people are the only ones, of who the world demands they she should be grateful even if they're not adopted. If your succesful and have money, you have to make sure you take care of your family and give back to your community/ neighborhood. Look at the whole saga between the basketball player Durant and that white comic, that white guy was demanding that Durant gives back to a neighborhood in Brooklyn. No one tells successful white people to share their wealth or that they should be grateful?

I appreciate Kevin giving us unconsciously the definition of a racist. He admitted to his micro-aggression towards Randall, but I don't think that Kevin will change. Remember in the first season, his anger when he saw that he was replaced in the Manny by a black guy? Kevin is a lost cause.

That moment with the fake ID, the brother thing with the cab driver, the seating situation during the taping of the show, too many instances of micro-aggression. I don't know how Randall turned out so well, but this is why Randall still has his ghost kingdom. Such a heavy episode, and I understand why white people hate the show now, you don't want to see the flaws in the narratives you tell yourself.

Personally, I don't think that this conversation solved anything for Randall.
Same. Kevin has always been an ass, but I'm done with him forever.

Mermaidbaby

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,655 2,781 761
Alleybux
And I ... oop.
But you’re right, they need to cool it with the flashbacks of Zack. I actually liked Kevin with Sophie, this new girl seems like a sorry imitation of her for him. Yeah, I used to be like Zoe so I can relate, after awhile that lifestyle gets tired, at 24 I’m taking a break from that. I feel like after a certain age, the excitement wears off and you just want some consistency. It’s scary to let people in but life gets dull keeping people out.
I agree about Jack. I know they are trying to keep Milo on the show, but it’s repetitive. Rebecca is just as important as him and we don’t get any information on her backstory that doesn’t have to do with Jack or the kids. Beth and Toby need more backstory as well.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,276 2,654 869
Alleybux
I agree about Jack. I know they are trying to keep Milo on the show, but it’s repetitive. Rebecca is just as important as him and we don’t get any information on her backstory that doesn’t have to do with Jack or the kids. Beth and Toby need more backstory as well.
Exactly and sometimes I kind of find it disrespectful how much they idolize Jack like he’s the best parent when we saw how much she kept things together when he’d spend money recklessly (usu. to impress others). They need to put some respeck on their momma’s name, she was awesome too.

TinaMontana

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,111 258 31
Alleybux
Okay Randall is petty for making Kevin stay outside and miss that phone call LMAO

Oh wait I see they both got locked out. Damn lol

I can’t be bothered with Kevin’s bs apology with all them ‘ifs’. Typical white people, skirting responsibility for the active role they played in perpetuating and upholding racism.

Yo I thought when Biggie came on Kevin was gonna say the n word LMFAO

Damn even the cab driver knew they didn’t have the hands

Baby Kevin and Randall were SO cute omg. I feel like the actor who plays Kevin was so cute as a teen in highschool, but when he went to college he got fat and unhot somehow?

Yo they had that heated discussion on that lady’s porch and I know she was listening like

I ain’t sh!t why I thought the groundhog on Mister Roger’s set was gonna call him the n word

Omggg the librarian and the meteorologist as his parents. Omg I did not expect to cry at that but I did!

Yo I feel like the way white people say Black is so extra. Like damn they say every single letter in the word looking hella uncomfortable

Now you know full well if Randall was raised by William and Laurel he would have at least had more swag than that in the fantasy lol