Quantcast

This nobody from HTGAWM is complaining about how there’s no Latinos nominated for Oscars this year

Pressley

Consciousness Over Cookies
Reaction score
Reactions
482,507 14,135 13,201
Alleybux
They are the most entitled people on the face of the fµck!ng Earth, with zero to add....Yeah, I went there.
AND???????? I mean, for real....AND??????????????
Just because Joe Biden is allowing 11 million to come over and do nothing but attempt to drown Black folks out, and FAIL, doesn't mean you are getting anything else. What he really wants to say is, no Black people better get anything if we aren't getting more.
Black people, there is no Black/brown coalition. Pull them off your tit!!!

Greenails

ticc girl latina
Reaction score
Reactions
1,207 24 2
Alleybux
The awards have cycles
One year the asians are praised
The other the blacks are praised
Another one us latinos are praised
All the years white talentless folks are praised

All these stories for nothing

miiel

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,560 42
Alleybux
Tough for them... but that's their fight not mine.

HTGAWM got so weird around the 4-5 seasons. I really couldn't keep up. I liked Tegan's character though
Xavier CasTEEEJO?
giphy.gif

Reaction score
Reactions
2,465 185 181
Alleybux
I was unaware that a Chilean film that’s entirely in Spanish directed by a Chilean women and produced by another Chilean women does not fall into the category of Latin humans ( the mole agent nominated for best documentary so technically both the producer and director are nominated)... I know they are not the only ones... but most “Latin” people are white that’s why counting people’s ethnicities/and nationalities during these nominations starts to get weird

Aems

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,081 3,911 1,715
Alleybux
Do they complain when there are NO black nominees?

They only come out of the dust pan closet when it looks like black people are getting the littlest of shine.

Then it’s ‘what about meeeeee.’’

Do we complain when there are no Asian nominees? Nah, we tell them to fight their own battles and keep it moving. The fact that they only complain when we get something doesn't bother me because that's THEIR problem, not ours. If they want better, then they need to do better. That's it and that's all.

The hilarious part about all of this though is how this idiot told on himself, because:

National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts

So Latinos were nominated, just not the white ones. :disdain

Oh well, still not our problem.

Queenofusa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,602 4,846 1,498
Alleybux
I’m not gonna lie there is a disconnect from me wanting to see them on film because of the dialect. Like even when I watch snowfall I only pay attention to the black parts. So I really wouldn’t know who has a Oscar worthy performance. And when you say someone is snubbed normally you have examples as to who. Who does he think was snubbed? Who does he think had a Oscar worthy performance?

Pinkcashmere

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,646 1,198 334
Alleybux
I don’t recall seeing any Latinos in any memorable or oscar worthy movie roles this past year so...yeah *shrug*

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
This. I have no problem with other minority groups advocating for representation just like we do.
They are not owed anything. I’m not going to move to India and demand that Black Americans be casted in their movies and nominated for awards. I’m sure some white Latinos are nominated though.

Betty1994

LittleDarling
Reaction score
Reactions
77,941 8,730 21,531
Alleybux
Are you referring to the Grammys (music) or the Oscars/Academy Awards (film)?

tenor.gif

He's neither. That's a white man who speaks spanish.
That would also Be untrue as best visual effects and best make up and styling both have Latinas nominated just in predominantly Black peoductions.

VENTITRENA

Taurus Nation
Reaction score
Reactions
127,226 3,685 2,098
Alleybux
Well why is his last name King and how the fucc is anyone supposed to know he is latino

Damn why do yall keep quoting me,,,,,

Can yall stop acting like I'm writing biased posts. I don't have any stance on this. I was only stating facts for those complaining about the topic. Don't know how else to explain this as I came across very neutral in my posts.

When people complain about this they are complaining because there's no Latina Beyonce or whatever. That is why even though you see all these Latin actors in TV, there are still complaints. They want more stardom but they're not like the black community that has both the pull and support. That's when black people start getting dragged into this mess because others are upset that we're getting what they want. That's it.
Late af! But this sounds stupid.

There are Latina Beyonces who are more famous and popular than Beyonce, sans actual vocal abilities in their countries AND over here (this is not shade on Beyonce).

Paulina Rubio (Spaniard)
Billie (White Mexican)
Gloria Estefan (White Cuban).
Hell, even J. Ho. (Highest levels of Euro ancestry as a "mestiza" PR)

3 of the 4 have an innumerable amount of success in the US.

The Latin entertainment industry is worth trillions of dollars.

I think I know what I'm talking about as this is also my culture that I was raised in.

The Latinos that complain are white and or lightly mestiza and they have high visibility representation and always have. Some just anglicized their names, but they ain't never not been awarded and recognized.

This is a cultural war between two colonizing cack countries where one had the dominance in the beginning but their Anglo cousins snatched their wigs and were the ultimate takeover kings.

That's a them problem.

But they ONLY do this when Black Latinos or Indigenous get shine. Because they still don't consider us Latino, as they fµck!ng claim the culture WE created.

And speaking of King, for the asshole who had a nerve to say how were they supposed to know because his last name is King...

Wow...

So...do you have that smoke for Latin American actors with Polish, Italian, German, Irish surnames proudly waving their Latinidad for four generations flag?

Don't nobody question Brazilian\Latina Proud Gisele Bündchen's very German ass name.

Last edited:

babygurl8705

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,546 155 37
Alleybux
So are they not allowed to complain GTFOH ..some of y'all are so threatened by other minorities just living
I want them to speak up...but why wait until Blacks are recognized....it just confirms some suspicions that some of them are low key mad when a Black is successful.
Don't wait until Blacks who were rejected for YEARS finally receive awards to complain. That is all

LLJ

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,721 2,265 1,459
Alleybux
This is how mediocrity is fosters. So now the primary consideration for an Oscar winner is that they are the right colour, not having the most amazing performance.