Quantcast

This y’all’s vegan queen making this mess?

LaLaLalaLa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
79,176 3,298 2,767
Alleybux
Because she realized it would make her money.
Yeah. She seems to be doing it for white people too. Never paid her much attention, but there's something rather....uncomfortable about her whole persona.

it's making her money, so damn pride and dignity I suppose. People will do anything for a drop of fame and a bit of coin.

teecoilee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,481 1,341 670
Alleybux
Most of the food people cook and post looks awful. Probably tastes good though. Most people when they are digging into something for themselves aren’t plating and getting cute. Most of her stuff looks regular. But I’ve tried some recipes from her that tasted good.

Delet This

That gum you like is coming back in style
Reaction score
Reactions
146,284 7,986 998
Alleybux
I’ve said it before and will say it again. This woman cannot cook and the food she makes is disgusting. All the dishes she makes are garbage.

It doesnt look bad to me. but im vegan. Also i like falafel and veggie burgers & sh!t like that
1641185360631.jpeg

Verge

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,030 6,346 4,671
Alleybux
This is a very standard way to make a vegan patty. If I were her, I would have substituted everything else except for the black eyed peas and collard greens with black beans and called it a day. And I would’ve put it between a brioche bun with some light barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Delish.

DZA

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,028 933 445
Alleybux
Felt like I was watching that “cook” who makes “cakes” out of mashed potatoes, gravy and collard greens :sidefrown

Also, her husband and daughter look crazy with them teef. Top and bottom rows two different sizes AND colors. C’mon now.

Sallie Blair

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
449,392 14,182 6,599
Alleybux
Tabitha isn't an IG cook though. She got famous off a youtube video praising a vegan Whole Foods sandwich and her whole brand is about her vegan lifestyle, not cooking or recipe development.

OffCenter

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,712 302 22
Alleybux
I might try that minus the plantain. I love beef but I really like the taste of veggie patties. Putting black eye pea burger on my list for this week's grocery

chantelle

Ur Obsession
Reaction score
Reactions
68,353 1,396 630
Alleybux
Choyce had braces. What's the purpose if she was going to just get veneers and cover it up?
Chance has his top row done, but not his bottom. I liked their Friday videos so I would just ignore it.:arrogant
Some dentists recommend braces before veneers and I hate when people get the top done and not the bottom too.

LeBronFan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,803 2,676 1,826
Alleybux
Tabitha Brown, looked healthy and full of energy in that video in the Op.

I like the outfit she was wearing, and her braided up hairstyle.
A lot of black ladies be making different braided up hairstyles look attractive (which gets my attention in the best ways).
I don't have a issue with how Tabitha Brown expresses herself, because she be expressing herself in a non-violent manner.

Which I'm appreciative of, because she actually has a platform to help encourage people to take their health more serious, and do their best to make positive lifestyle changes.
Lifestyle Definition:

1. The particular way that a person or group lives and the values and ideas supported by that person or group.

2. Someone's way of living, for example the things they usually do, where they live, what they spend their money on, etc.

Lifestyle.
I remember this video of her's.
Goodful - Why I Went Vegan: Tabitha Brown

Which I'm thankful that she shared, even though it's vulnerable information to share.

Either way I hope she keeps doing her own thing, building her brand; inspiring her relatives and other people to cherish their health by improving it.

Her Husband Mr. Brown is a lucky Husband, in my opinion.
Some Husbands ain't fortunate enough to have a Wife who enjoys cooking, and looks for different ways to cook different types of meals.
He got a Wife who works well with him, gets along with him for the most part, and cooks Plant Based meals that give a healthy amount of energy.

I look forward to relating in the future when I find a Non-White lady who's my equal, that I get along with (for the most part), that I work well with (for the most part), who doesn't scoff at making both of us tasty and healthy Plant Based meals.
Especially, when it pertains to cooking Plant Based meals for my future offspring.

I want them to feel alive, healthy and full of energy while they breathe.
NydlVB1.jpg

Yo if I had the super power to easily conjure up anything that comes to mind, anytime I see something I want.
Conjure Definition:

1. To make something appear by magic, or as if by magic.

Conjure.
I would conjure up this yummy looking meal. Hehehe.
Delish - Tabitha Brown And Choyce Brown Make Vegan Sweet Potato Tacos

58qhjh.gif

58qhmg.gif

58qhq3.gif

58qhsh.gif

58qhuh.gif

58qhx5.gif

Unfortunately, I don't have them type of super powers, and I ain't got a Wife yet.

So I gotta cook my own Plant Based meals.
Tonight I cooked some rice (added some Miyoko's vegan butter cashew cream), 2 chopped red potatoes, 2 chopped golden potatoes, 1 chopped red onion, half chopped white onion, 2 pounds of chopped baby bella mushroom, 2 pounds of chopped tofu (stir fried in teriyaki korean BarBeQue sauce) and broccoli.

All seasoned to my liking.
Or starve to death (which ain't my style cause that is so unattractive).
Just my personal thoughts and views (01/02/2022).
Peace.
:peace

Anatwyla

my booty opened a portal to success
Reaction score
Reactions
189,872 4,705 804
Alleybux
I don't believe this exaggerated "southern" accent is real and her whole schtick/character doesn't sit right with me for the same reasons why Tiffany Haddish's act doesn't sit right with me.

Delet This

That gum you like is coming back in style
Reaction score
Reactions
146,284 7,986 998
Alleybux
I might try that minus the plantain. I love beef but I really like the taste of veggie patties. Putting black eye pea burger on my list for this week's grocery
Im vegan but you know who does good veggie patties is Dr Pragers in the freezer section of your grocery store. The Supergreens version (which ive only ever been able to find at Whole Foods) is delicious.

Passion4Muzik

LSA FACT CHECKER
Reaction score
Reactions
205,492 16,099 21,743
Alleybux
I don't know much about this lady, but I started hearing about her when she retired her husband. Whenever I've seen images/video of her, it gives me one snap away from unhinged; it's something about the smile and eyes.

oumoub

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,519 986 348
Alleybux
I’ve said it before and will say it again. This woman cannot cook and the food she makes is disgusting. All the dishes she makes are garbage.

Does she really talk like that or is that just her “entertainment” voice?
Shes weird because she says no processed foods and she’s supposedly a Forks Over Knives Plant Based Vegan yet she is using processed food and oils in her dishes. How does that fit? Using any type of oil or canned food is a big no no according to their philosophy.
I understand that it is a hard lifestyle to follow (and I don’t) but why market yourself as something that you aren’t?

Logan Forrester

Angelic
Reaction score
Reactions
165,083 7,611 5,758
Alleybux
Tabitha reminds me of a hardworking Black mother just looking out for her babies. She’s so sweet and kind. Anyone speaking ill on her is just a hater. I love Tabitha. Everyone makes collard greens and black eyed beans for New Years so I love that she’s showing us a different unique way to create what we’ve been doing for years. Thank you Tabitha.

hard_candy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
61,388 4,355 2,978
Alleybux

SlowJamz

freaks gon' bob to this.
Reaction score
Reactions
31,060 1,154 251
Alleybux
Yeah I was wondering about her accent as well. Im from the south. She sounds like she is exaggerating her accent? Its kinda creepy.
she was cool in the beginning but she’s def coming across as a MAaMIEe figure now. and if your audience is mostly white that feels like a red flag, idc who objects to it. I’d need to do some serious self-reflection if ~they~ liked me too much lmao

Oh Really

Bvtches swear they G. The G must be for goofy…
Reaction score
Reactions
45,274 1,323 1,452
Alleybux
Yeah that sh!t looks disgusting lmao. I almost gagged when she put the plantain in the mix? What was the reason????

hard_candy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
61,388 4,355 2,978
Alleybux
she was cool in the beginning but she’s def coming across as a MAaMIEe figure now. and if your audience is mostly white that feels like a red flag, idc who objects to it. I’d need to do some serious self-reflection if ~they~ liked me too much lmao
Her creating a caricature of herself in order to appeal to yts and go mainstream was ALWAYS the goal, so "self-reflection" is the LAST thing she'll concern herself with. Perhaps one day she'll ponder whether or not she made the right choice; but for now, she's too busy riding the wave. :disdain

NopeNotMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,173 1,469 420
Alleybux
Her meal doesn’t look good but other vegans can make good food. One point of veganism is not eating from the meat trade. Sure, meat tastes good. But they’re cutting tumors out of these animals and they have diseases. They also are stressed so any person who believes in energy is consuming that fµcked up energy of the animal. Even many of the companies that claim to be clean and humane still aren’t. So while meat tastes better, vegan food is cleaner to eat. I can’t look at a plate of vegetables and think they’re gross. They’re veggies. They could look unappetizing but not really gross, unless someone is that bad of a cook lol. But even the most juicy looking steak could have been cut out of a sick cow. So there are pros and cons with both meat eating and veganism.

Bliggity

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,747 1,400 438
Alleybux
Now, all 100% behind good Sis, with the veg cooking and all, but her patties were burnt and she had that sweet potato all bald, dry and naked, yt folk's style. It was just cut in half without a trace of seasoning whatsoever.

I need butter, cinnamon, and some brown sugar on my sweet potato. It didn't need to be so bland. Those patties were cooked to death. You don't cook veggies to death.

Other than that, I like what she attempted to do. She tried.

I’m not vegan, but I eat healthy. Sweet potato are perfectly sweet without all of that stuff on it. We are programmed to slap all of that on our food, but it’s not needed.
Yeah I was wondering about her accent as well. Im from the south. She sounds like she is exaggerating her accent? Its kinda creepy.

It's fake. Here's video of her before she created that persona.

I am so disappointed in the way everyone is dogging Tabitha! If you listen to her story, she says she came to Hollywood and straightened her hair and hid her southern accent to fit in.

She said she only became successful being herself! The original accent is fake not the southern accent! She is from North Carolina!

Bliggity

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,747 1,400 438
Alleybux
I know we kiki about folks on LSA, but this one feels wrong! Tabitha is a genuinely good person! People like her because she always has a good message and is positive! Who cares about one burned vegan patty!

We have to do better in supporting folks in our community that are actually trying to uplift us! She is trying to get folks to eat healthier and exercise! You don’t have to be vegan to appreciate that!

Rachel_Tensions

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,117 588 520
Alleybux
Patties with black eyed peas and collard greens don’t sound that bad actually…until she got to the ingredients.
Cinnamon???
She lost me at the cinnamon.

I think her veganism is as fake as her voice.
Lovely woman but I can't get over her being so young but presenting so old.

I know we kiki about folks on LSA, but this one feels wrong! Tabitha is a genuinely good person! People like her because she always has a good message and is positive! Who cares about one burned vegan patty!

We have to do better in supporting folks in our community that are actually trying to uplift us! She is trying to get folks to eat healthier and exercise! You don’t have to be vegan to appreciate that!
Relax.
She's not everyone's cup of tea and that's ok.

Youngnubian

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,031 1,364 97
Alleybux
She sounds like a human Aunt Jemima. How can y’all listen to her voice? It’s so exaggerated and makes me uncomfortable. I won’t even get started on what was on that plate.

Bliggity

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,747 1,400 438
Alleybux
Have none of you ever met people from the Deep South?! I have family that sound like her! Aunt Jemima?! Really?!