Quantcast

Thoughts?

SweetSnow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,124 844 164
Alleybux
I got this off of Facebook and was wondering what you guys think?

If you take things personal and complain about being hurt all the time, God will comfort you but he will not promote you. Elevation comes with pain. Your hurt can take you up to new heights or it can take you down to old hindrances, it depends on your attitude and your response. —Rev. Victor M. Jackson

lessons? Experiences?

ZeeZeeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
350,552 16,560 14,659
Alleybux
If you take things personal and complain about being hurt all the time, God will comfort you but he will not promote you. Elevation comes with pain. Your hurt can take you up to new heights or it can take you down to old hindrances, it depends on your attitude and your response. —Rev. Victor M. Jackson

It's the same old "No suffering... No crown" bµllsh!t that religious black folks have been preaching for the last 400 years.
And still in the same hole.

If they had any sense they'd be practicing the religion of our African ancestors, (HooDoo) casting spells, and doing rootwork on these damn devils.

missmewiththatT

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,032 528 446
Alleybux
I got this off of Facebook and was wondering what you guys think?

lessons? Experiences?

Personally, I disagree with all of this. Several times in the bible it mentions and encourages you to share your worries with God at all times.

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Philippians 4:6-7 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. H | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Ephesians 6:18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭55:22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Psalms 55:22 Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

The only part I slightly agree with is where it says your pain can take you down to old hindrances.

I will say this though: It’s okay to let yourself feel the pain and negative emotions, but you shouldn’t hold onto them and let them overwhelm you or consume you. It’s important to self regulate your emotions and look after your mental health because worrying and holding onto the pain can make it worse, and that’s why the bible tells us we should take our worries and fears to God and also share our thanks for all the good in our lives (ie practice gratitude) which will help improve our mental health and bring healing to our pain/situation. There’s this common expression in the online Christian community, Let go and let God.

To me when I think of this expression, I’m reminded of two passages (1) where Jesus tell us that he will take on our burdens and let us rest.

“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.””

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Matthew 11:28-30 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

(2) And when He tells us that we just have to go to Him, tell Him our concerns and then continue to seek Him (eg seek the kingdom of God). And by seeking Him, he will provide a way and ease our pain. (Ie. Let go and give it to God to handle)

“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Matthew 6:33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

All throughout the bible we are told to seek him (whether by reading his word, meditating on his word, praising Him through prayer and/or worship, putting our faith into action by practicing His word and doing good works etc..), whilst continuing to do what we can to work through our situation, and He will provide a way, or “promote you” as the Facebook quote above says (PS. there are many bible verses on this I’ve just selected a few:

“But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in tribulation, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, you will return to the Lord your God and obey his voice. For the Lord your God is a merciful God. He will not leave you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them.”

‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:29-31‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Deuteronomy 4:29-31 But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in tribulation, and all these things come upon yo | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!”

‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭16:11‬ ‭ESV‬‬

1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Psalms 9:10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Psalms 37:7 Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭105:4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Psalm 105:4 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart,”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭119:2‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Psalm 119:2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭8:17‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

““Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:6-7‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Isaiah 55:6-7 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on h | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Jeremiah 29:13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:12-14‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Jeremiah 29:12-14 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will resto | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.”

‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.”

‭‭Hosea‬ ‭10:12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Hosea 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the LORD, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you. | English Standard Version 2016 (ESV) | Download The Bible App Now

“Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.”

‭‭James‬ ‭1:2-6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

James 1:2-6 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let i | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

““Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Matthew 7:7-8 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, f | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Hebrews 11:6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

“Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.”

‭‭James‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

James 4:8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now

All this to say, that God will promote you and elevate you because you put your trust in Him and His word and your continue to seek Him, not because you keep your pain/hurt to yourself in fear that God won’t promote you. I know this from experience. God helped me when I was going through a dark time last year in 2020, and helped me through my situation, more than I thought was possible.

Never forget, God does hear your cries and prayers, and He

always answers you. Keep praying and keep pursuing Him and he will reveal himself to you and show you just how faithful He is to His word, giving you strength and helping you out during your time in trouble.