Quantcast

Three's Company

OceanBreeze9

You kept Beating Me Down; Still, I Stand!
Reaction score
Reactions
124,894 2,724 701
Alleybux
1631393136202.png

LenormandGal

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,440 266 299
Alleybux
Janet (Joyce DeWitt) had an amazing dancers body. Later on she started to get a little bit hippy which didn't look good on her petite frame but she was in amazing shape.

Suzanne Sommers wasn't greedy or big-headed or whatever people called her, she wanted her pay to be equal to John Ritter's. She was making far less than what male leads on less successful shows were making. It took balls to do what she did. She probably didn't go about it in the best way, but she deserved that money. So did Joyce. She lost but what ultimately happened backfired on the industry, not her. Other ensemble casts stuck together like glue and had their agents negotiate contracts that each and every one of them would receive equal pay. It didn't work out so bad for her in the end either. She had another long running hit show and became a businesswoman selling her own wildly successful product lines.

I was so sad when John Ritter died. He seemed like a genuinely nice person.

I don't think the show has aged well. The overacting and xesual innuendo is kind of painful to watch now but I did love the show back in the day.