Quantcast

Tianna Bartoletta's rags to riches story---Svengali Tea

jetsetta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,257 1,079 435
Alleybux
Shoutout to @ta1064 for giving me the courage to be a messy b!tch.

So, I read this article and it gave me the heebie jeebies. I wanted to leave it alone, but but I heard Joanne's voice saying "Yes! Dig further! Honestlaaayy..."

Here's the article:

ntp_Tianna032213a_10398702_8col.jpg

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/olym...-from-rags-to-riches-to-win-gold-love/2110120
TAMPA — Sprinter Tianna Bartoletta sat in a chair at Tampa's Centre Club, gold medal dangling from her neck, explaining the path from her athletic beginnings to Olympic glory.
At the room's front table, watching and listening intently, sat her husband, John.She has been sharing her story — how she went from the world's best long jumper, to languishing for seven years, to becoming an Olympic gold medalist.
In 2005, at age 19, Tianna won the world long jump championship.
Then she struggled to match that success. She grew out of shape — by track and field standards. She dealt with a bankruptcy and foreclosure.
But last year, Tianna, 27, did anything but struggle. She helped the U.S. women win gold in the 4x100-meter relay and shatter the world record at the Summer Olympics in London. She followed that feat by earning a spot on the U.S. national bobsled team that aims to compete in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
If you asked what changed in those seven years, Tianna points to a chance meeting with John, a 49-year-old investment manager, in Orlando.
She came to Orlando after moving from Los Angeles to train with coach Caryl Smith Gilbert. She had just placed a "devastating" fifth at the 2008 Olympic trials.
"I needed to perform better and I was nearing the end of my contract, and I needed to post results," Tianna said.
Then she stumbled upon John Bartoletta at an Orlando restaurant. Their first encounter became a sprawling three-hour conversation.
"Three hours, and that was it," John said. "I couldn't stop thinking about her."
Although Tianna said the conversation was fun, it also contained hard, honest truths that she would take to heart.
"(He said) 'You haven't stopped lying to yourself, you haven't stopped cutting corners'," she said. " 'You don't even know how you good you are.' "
John said they started dating right away, talking every day. She moved to Lutz to live with him, and in 2012 they married.
On New Year's Eve that year, sitting on the couch with John watching a Red Bull snowmobile and motorcycle jump, Tianna said, she decided to fully commit to track and field. The name of the event: New Year. No Limit.
"We decided that 2012 was going to be our year," she said.
She started a daily commute from Lutz to Daytona Beach to train with coach Rana Reider that would last 220 days. Tianna said she would leave at 7 a.m. and make it to practice at 10 a.m. for a track workout that would last until noon.
She would then have a couple of minutes to call John and eat leftovers — steak, beef jerky, a protein shake. After training in the weight room, she would drive home and eat a regimen of 2 pounds of steak, a bag of mushrooms or brussels sprouts, lots of spinach and lots of water.
It was so much water, John said, that she drank 11 cases of 24-packs in the five weeks leading up to the Olympic trials.
"She was anemic at the time," he said. "Her whole body type, strength and body fat level changed radically last year."
Despite winning the gold medal, Tianna said, the greater sense of success at the Olympics came when she finished fourth in the 100-meter finals just .04 from another medal. While she didn't earn bronze, she clocked a 10.85 — a time she had been striving to reach.
"I will tell you we celebrated a lot harder about that 10.85 than we did about the gold medal," Tianna said.
When it came time to celebrate the gold medal, the couple stopped by a convenience store near their rented flat in London.
"We walked into the convenience store with the medal because of one of the cashiers had said, "If you don't come back with the medal, I'm going to kill you,' " Tianna said. "This girl, she was really funny. So I go, 'Ha!' and showed her the medal."
They bought potato chips and Magnum ice creams, went home and watched the latest Harry Potter movie.
That night, they started discussing the similarities between track and field and bobsledding — training, warmups, the block start and the bobsled start. John put in a call, and Tianna was asked to try out for the U.S. bobsled team.
After making the team, she first competed on the Lake Placid, N.Y., track, taking third place. And although Tianna said she wasn't afraid for her life, it was an intense, violent experience.
"I'm so disoriented, I'm walking sideways," she said. "I can't get out of my helmet, I start to hyperventilate. John's looking completely scared to death. And I finally get out of my helmet, and there's just drool and snot everywhere."
Now Tianna is training for the 2013 World Championships in Moscow. Her commute now only includes Tampa and Bradenton, but the training remains intense. She takes a day off for recovery, including chiropractic and hyperbaric chamber sessions.
She's also hoping to launch Club 360, a primarily online outreach program for young girls, by the end of the year. She said she came up with the idea several years ago, while still struggling herself.
Looking back, Tianna said, the beginning of her current success in track and field came from that three-hour dinner conversation with John.
"I believed what he was saying and believed him enough to believe in myself, and that was kind of the start of the whole new track and field journey," she said. "But it also was the foundation of our relationship, which is believe in each other."

The bolded gave me cringey Svengali vibes. A little backstory, Tianna spoke out about being taken advantage of financially by her parents a while back. She also spoke out about her parents letting a boy who had previously molested her come by their house. So of course in 2012 her parents did the noble thing and sued her for $50K, to "get her attention." They also blamed her new husband for turning her against her family.

Here's some snippets of an article summarizing the ordeal:

http://heavy.com/news/2012/09/gold-...ver-abuse-lies-top-10-facts-you-need-to-know/

[FONT=&amp]1. Her parents say they’ve always been loving and generous parents and spent $100,000 on her training.
2. Tianna and John Bartoletta say they are private people — but her hometown newspaper says the couple started threatening her parents in March with lawsuits and trying to sell her story to local newspapers.
7. Her rich new hubby founded the Unation social media site, where he brags on his wife. A lot.[/FONT]

So of course I had to follow the link in #2. Her parents are so trife:
the Madisons see the lawsuit as a way of getting their daughter’s attention.
“It was a wake-up call for Tianna to really look at the entire situation and look at what exactly is going on,” he said. “Hopefully, she will realize there is some importance in having a relationship with her parents.”
Schooler said the Madisons did assist their daughter with her finances but stopped years ago. And, in regards to the claim the couple let their daughter’s molester into the family home, Schooler said the Madisons have no facts that she was ever molested.
“But secondly, assuming that fact is true, the parents had no knowledge this had ever happened,” he said. “She did not disclose this to her parents.”

But wait, there's more:
According to the complaint, on that day Bartoletta indicated for the first time to the Madisons that their daughter was planning to sue them for mismanaging her finances and abusing their power of attorney. The complaint said Bartoletta had hired a bodyguard to protect his wife.
Jo Ann and Robert Madison were shocked by the allegations, which they contend were unfounded and untrue. No such lawsuit has ever been filed.
After that call, the Madisons allege in the lawsuit that Bartoletta or their daughter would call them repeatedly with accusations of improprieties.
The complaint said Tianna Madison and her husband were shopping a story and prewritten article in regards to the athlete’s life with her parents around to several media outlets, including the Plain Dealer, which eventually ran an exclusive blog written by Tianna Madison leading up to her Olympic debut.
That article was the first time the parents had learned of the molestation incident in high school, they have said.
Around that same time, a Plain Dealer reporter contacted the Madisons at their Elyria home and indicated he had received the story, but the newspaperwas not publishing it.
Still, the lawsuit said Tianna Madison continued with her pursuit to have her story told and on Aug. 11 sent a text message to her parents telling them that after the Olympic games “she would ‘break the story’ of the Madisons’ ‘selfish, controlling and utterly abusive ways and treatment’ of her, and that ‘it was going to be brutal.’ ’’
The accusation is in contrast to how Robert Madison said his daughter was raised at the citywide rally held in her honor. In a video posted after the event on chroniclet.com, Robert Madison talks candidly about their family life.
“When Tianna was young, and Christina, we trained them to read the word, love the Lord, love people, take care of people, take care of your community and the community would give back to you,” he said. “When you train them this way, how to do their studies and have a good work ethic, it carries over into their athletics and academics.”

John has a history of using the media to manipulate disputes. Here's an article about a spat with his interior designer. He takes the reporter around his poorly designed house:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/olym...-from-rags-to-riches-to-win-gold-love/2110120

The real tea came from some weird lady's blog post. She claimed to be Tianna's "Twitter friend." She says that around the time Tianna and John got married she deleted all her social media accounts and started posting under UNation, some site that John created. The title is such clickbait (kidnapping, really?) but the comments shed some insight:

https://earthzebra.com/2012/09/12/h...ianna-madison-been-kidnapped-and-brainwashed/
Her husband did not kidnap her. He is a control freak. He treats even his close friends very poorly. Talks crap about them. My guess is he called her parents and spewed horrible threats to them. That is his style. Basically thinks he can get away with saying anything. When this all comes out, no one will be saying they are bad parents. They are standing up to him. The only people who can even stand him are on his payroll. I feel bad for Tianna. I’m sure she is a nice girl who feels she owes her life to him. We can only hope he doesn’t turn on her too. She had to chose between her parents and the man in the big house…pulling her puppet strings. Bad choice.

Ya, I was invited to one of his parties promoting his new, or at this point not so new social media site. At that time, I met his girlfriend. She is also a black girl. My wife and I found her to be very nice but the only interaction they had was more boss and employee. My wife said if I ever talk to her that way, it would end in divorce. Tianna’s parents are in for a big battle. I smell a counter suit . But to bartoletta, it is just more publicity for his site that is in trouble. He saw a chance to get an Olympic athlete onboard, in hopes of saving it.
I saw on the news that she received a key to the city of Tampa for her win. She’s not a resident of Tampa. No one here even knows who she is. She is just shacking up with some guy here. Elyria should have been where she got the key. Those are her peeps.

In the end, that town will have nothing to do with her and being his wife here does nothing for her personally. When he turns on her, she will be left with nothing.
Btw. His house is nice, but I wasn’t impressed. There has been some chatter that he is going bankrupt and it may take that for her to see the man behind the curtain.

John Bartoletta has so many lawsuits against him for various bad deeds it would make your head spin
He basically lived with another girl and seems to have thrown her to the curb for Tianna. Could have something to do with his impending bankruptcy for himself.

ArielleOctober 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM #

You have every right to be concerned about this young lady. People making comments on the news articles blame her family. They have no idea. I blame John Bartoletta. I live in the Tampa area and have met him. What can you say about a man who asked me several times if I was impressed by him? Uh no!! He is an ego-maniac, bragger, name dropping, control freak who has obviously brainwashed and alienated this young woman from her family and friends. He gets pleasure from bragging about some waiter he got fired from a local steakhouse because “he knows people.” What person do you know, who within the first few minutes of meeting you, starts to tell you about everything that you need fixed or changed? Hmm, just saying….lol! There is more I could say about his house (a tomb is more appealing) and an alleged ex wife and estranged child who he claimed have no contact with him, but it’s all just too weird, like him. I gladly stopped dealing with him because he is “slicker than snot.” I feel sorry for Tianna and pray that she can reconcile with her family and see this man for what he really is, before its too late.

• 91f6c24b6b81226b7f4200a365913634

DebbieOctober 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM #

Great comment and very true. Very ugly divorce from that ex-wife and hasn’t seen his child in years. Not even sure he is allowed. Thinks nothing of abusing his employees especially if you are female
    • 02d7573b9dda46c81feec10d13d789c4

ArielleOctober 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM #

Debbie, Thank you. I am not trying to hate, but I know how my interaction with him went down. I really feel sorry for this young lady. She is young, beautiful, intelligent and obviously a very talented athlete. Yes, I’m sure he had the means to help get her to Olympic gold, but I am sure he doesn’t hesitate to remind her daily of this either! She knows how to run – NOW might be a good time to start. Make a run to the store and head home to Elyria!!! LOL!! But, seriously… I just really pray that her family doesn’t give up on her.
    • 91f6c24b6b81226b7f4200a365913634

DebbieOctober 16, 2012 at 9:25 PM #

I feel very sorry also. Knowing him she is not allowed to do anything without his approval. If she does there is hell to pay. If you go against him he looks at you as an enemy

Hello EZ I like your blog… I knew John Bartoletta on a personal level for about ten years… The first time I met him I caught him in a lie… Needless to say I scan the interwebs every few months to see if John Bartoletta has been sued, committed to a mental institution or arrested for securities fraud… He made my skin crawl like no other human on earth… Are there any updates on this “ringmaster’s” circus? What was the outcome of Hemenway Vs. Bartoletta? Has he completely destroyed this poor young woman yet?

Yeah it gets a lot worse, there was so much sh!t I couldn't post it all. The comments span 4 years. They all basically say in one way or another that he's a slimy, unstable guy who picks up young black women online and tries to charm them with his wealth.

These comments were particularly chilling:
Jessica JJanuary 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM #

WOW!! this is so crazy. I just said yes to an option on facebook to link my contacts to FB and this crazy name came up. I pride myself on having an over active vivid intuition… which makes me even arriving at this blog soooooo eerie because I have never met John in person, but was contacted by him years ago on a dating site. this was like 2005-2007. For some reason He made my skin crawl and I would feel something really strong and off about him. He came across as someone with an insane ego and need for control. I described him to my mom and believed he showed characterestics of a megomaniac and a sociopath. He tried to wow me with pics of his home etc. He called me several times and and once I heard his voice, my physical reaction to it was in synch with what I perceived. There was something fowl about this man. He began telling me that he wanted to marry me and promising me the world and talking as if we knew each other intimately for years, yet we had never met and this was one of our first phone conversations. I was in the car with my mom and I told him I couldn’t really talk because she was there and he even wanted me to put her on the phone because he was dead serious. Then I did something that set him off in a bizarre rage, I laughed at him. When he heard me laughing at him he freaked out. This made me realize that I may be dealing with a mentally ill person and became afraid of interacting with him. This did not stop me from snooping around to confirm my intuition that something was seriously off with this man and then…. 16 years later I stumble upon this. I agree and support your intuition. You and her family are 100% correct. Tiana turning on her family and dropping out of site far away from her friends and fans is typical text book behavior by an emotionally abused woman that is with a controlling man. There is something wring here for sure. One other thing that I remember was his strong macho personality that was very aggressive. I can only imagine what this veteran sh!t talker said to her to convince her that he is a dream maker. He did not technically do anything to me but he made me feel he was unstable and dangerous due to the extreme reaction he had to me laughing at him. It was scary. I really feel for her. I was in a similar situation with this same personality type.. he will isolate her and make her feel that everything she is and does is because of him and he will tell her that everyone else is only going to fill her head with lies and that they want to tear them apart because they are jealous and don’t really love her or have her best interests in mind. . He may even threaten her not to
leave him. He will convince her that he knows best. it is a form of brainwashing he will stripper of her self-esteem and re-create it making him as her king and provider and make her believe that she owes it all to him. I survived this drama before. The important thing are people like you who have intuition and speak up and use this means and social media to speak your mind. It is also important for family and friends NOT to give up on her. They need to be just as aggressive and clever as he is to get her to see her family. God Bless

• 02d7573b9dda46c81feec10d13d789c4

ArielleJune 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM #

Wow! I just read some more of the comments and they are all accurate! Especially the dating website. I met him on dating site, years ago and he attached a link to company video of him in the email. I met him in person for lunch and needless to say, my inner bell was ringing the entire time. He said didn’t like my fingernail color. He was bragging and name dropping. He kept asking me if I was “blown away by him.” No, I wasn’t and I left him alone after that. All I can say is: notice she credits him with her success in every interview. Hmmm!? I hope that she reconciles with her family one day.
Ok 2 more snips of articles:

https://www.iaaf.org/news/series/ti... 'tianna bartoletta', Page1&utm_content=Slot3

What is your favourite music to chill to?
TB: I like a lot of Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. That is a genre of music I like to listen to. It helps me unwind. I like the smoothness in their voice. Their delivery disarms and relaxes me.

Describe your perfect day without training.

TB: It would normally be a typical Sunday. My husband wakes before me, so when I get up there will be Italian opera music playing and he would have made breakfast. It will then be a lazy Sunday either in the pool or watching (American) football at this time of year. When it comes to a non-training day, I like to do absolutely nothing.

If you could pick any other athlete in the world with whom to relax, who would it be?

TB: Someone who has succeeded at the long jump, so I’ll go for Jackie Joyner-Kersee. She was also an amazing heptathlete and I’d like to ask her how she found the transition between training for heptathlon and long jump because I struggle switching from my sprinting rhythm on the runway to running in the 100m. She would be the perfect person for me to relax with. She’s already been successful and has a heart for philanthropy which I’m completely drawn to. She would be a great person to shoot the breeze with.

Where is your favourite place to relax?

TB: On my couch, in front of my television at home. We have an 80in flat-screen television and although my husband has a very busy job, if I say ‘I’ll meet you on the couch at 7.30pm’ he’ll be there. It is also the second-best place to watch movies after the movie theatre.

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio...tta-plans-for-long-jump-sprint-glory-2969005/
[FONT=&amp]It’s one thing to say you’re going to win an Olympic medal or two. It’s another to plan out every step in minute detail _ on laminated flash cards, even _ the way Tianna Bartoletta does.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The 30-year-old American is one of those rare throwbacks _ trying for sprint medals in the 100 and the relay, while also focusing on her day job, the long jump, where she’s the defending world champion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]It makes her busier than your average Olympian, and she’s got the perfect system to handle it all. Printed on cards , in near minute-by-minute detail, are her daily routines for pretty much everything _ practice days, long jump days, sprint days, transportation, meals, packing her suitcase, and so on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“We have laminated cards to give to the cab drivers,” said Bartoletta’s husband, John, who doubles as her team manager. “We treat it like a business. That way, it takes everything off her mind and allows her to run free. When she’s on the line, there’s nothing else she’d even need to think about.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Right around her lowest point, she met her future husband, a hedge-fund trader in Florida who took a lot of what he learned in the financial world and brought it over to the track.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“She wasn’t training, was overweight, having some struggles,” John Bartoletta said. “I told her, `I would never tell you what to do, but I’ll give you some options.’ It didn’t happen at the kitchen table. It was a deep, intellectual discussion of her options.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]It meant recommitting herself to a new training regimen, better diet, better planning. John Bartoletta did more than talk the talk; he designed an improved training program for himself, as well: “If she’s (going to do it), then I’m not eating a piece of pizza in front of her,” he said. “In fact, I’m going to train myself like an Olympic athlete … because if she’s doing it, I’m going to do it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The truest test of their planning came at Olympic trials, where Bartoletta was trying to qualify for the 100 and long jump _ events that were literally going on at the same time. She had to take her first jump, then get to the starting line for the 100-meter heats, then back again.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“The plan wasn’t to win, the plan was to make the team” by earning a top-three spot in each event, she said. “We executed it beautifully.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Given the stress of that day, the Olympics will feel like a breeze in some ways.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The women’s 100 final is set for Saturday. The long jump starts next Tuesday. While the women’s 100 _ featuring Americans Tori Bowie and English Gardner and two-time defending champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce _ is considered possibly the most competitive event on the program, Bartoletta will be among the favorites in the long jump. She’ll also be in the mix in the 4×100 relay _ an event where she already has a gold medal, courtesy of her role as the lead-off runner in the world-record trip around the track (40.82 seconds) in London four years ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“Something magical could happen” in Rio, her husband said. “If we get her to the track and she makes the semifinals and performs there, the rest of the week will light up. She’ll do very, very well.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]All part of the plan.[/FONT]

So many "we's" smh. Those comments though, I wasn't expecting to see all that. She seems happy and she performed really well. I really, really hope she's happy. Rock and a hard place for real if she isn't.

bravebird1

Hello It's Me
Reaction score
Reactions
9,158 151 81
Alleybux
I don't know about John. But, T doesn't talk to her parents because of something way more serious that's not entirely disclose to the public. She's a lovely, hard working girl & gets the results!

jetsetta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,257 1,079 435
Alleybux
I don't know about John. But, T doesn't talk to her parents because of something way more serious that's not entirely disclose to the public. She's a lovely, hard working girl & gets the results!

You know better...

351706.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-08-16-at-13.52.34.png

Please don't tell me that boy was not the only one.

lemonheads

The Pinto Hokage
Reaction score
Reactions
7,458 596 51
Alleybux
Dang.... so basically she just needs to separate herself from all these folks.. everybody guilty!!!!!! I had to back up and recheck her age. I hope she has something saved or set up in case he tries to do her in as well.

bravebird1

Hello It's Me
Reaction score
Reactions
9,158 151 81
Alleybux
You know better...
Please don't tell me that boy was not the only one.

I'm talking about the family drama. She changed her last name to distance herself from her family due to mistreatment.

Deafchick

Moneybagg Joe - Hustlin republicans since 1970
Reaction score
Reactions
155,171 1,845 482
Alleybux
It's ok to be messy sometimes- just get it out of your system :lol:

A little backstory, Tianna spoke out about being taken advantage of financially by her parents a while back. She also spoke out about her parents letting a boy who had previously molested her come by their house. So of course in 2012 her parents did the noble thing and sued her for $50K, to "get her attention." They also blamed her new husband for turning her against her family.

This tells me her parents are extreme narcissistic and Tianna did the right thing by cutting them out of her life.

Even if her husband wasn't in the picture, there is no excuse for taking advantage of your child financially and letting an xesual abuser around your daughter.

Kkharmaa

Semi-Trollin
Reaction score
Reactions
42,212 25 16
Alleybux
Yes jetsetta, I was waiting for you to create this after the Olympic thread. I too was wondering about her marriage. Such an odd couple, him being way (23 years) older and yes I will admit the race difference and class difference. Not saying anything about interracial relationships which I have no issue with but the mix of factors does make their relationship highly unlikely. Not to mention I have nearly the exact same story in my family right now.

My aunt who was well educated and making good money gave it up, stopped working even before retirement in her late 40s to marry some older ******* in the deep south and they're now living in a fancy trailer park...smdh. They spend their time raising 3 cats and going to republican conventions. My aunt also doesnt stay connected with family either. So Tianna story gives me chills.

I hope she doesn't turn into my aunt. Glad for her olympic success but where there's smoke, there's fire :shrug:

AllLashes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,028 3,953 397
Alleybux
I would NEVER fuk w/parents and or family who let a man that abused me OR just makes me damn uncomfortable move into our house.

NEVER, I see her mum is saying "we don't even know if its true" no bish.

it seems as if it is working for her--shrugs. I wouldn't care what some folks on social media were saying happened when THEY met him as long as he treats ME right. I would watch for signs but, no I would live my life.

business men often get sued and have folks after them financially, even if they are honest..folks figure they have it.

an odd pairing sure, but she seems to be happy, healthy & thriving.
just like the chick that said "his house does not impress me"
his wife seems to love it, talking about curling up on the couch and loving being at home...with him.

jetsetta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,257 1,079 435
Alleybux
Yes jetsetta, I was waiting for you to create this after the Olympic thread. I too was wondering about her marriage. Such an odd couple, him being way (23 years) older and yes I will admit the race difference and class difference. Not saying anything about interracial relationships which I have no issue with but the mix of factors does make their relationship highly unlikely. Not to mention I have nearly the exact same story in my family right now.

My aunt who was well educated and making good money gave it up, stopped working even before retirement in her late 40s to marry some older ******* in the deep south and they're now living in a fancy trailer park...smdh. They spend their time raising 3 cats and going to republican conventions. My aunt also doesnt stay connected with family either. So Tianna story gives me chills.

I hope she doesn't turn into my aunt. Glad for her olympic success but where there's smoke, there's fire :shrug:

Yeah I'm not gonna hate on IR relationships either, it just seems like she erased her previous life and now she's being controlled by him. But if she allowing it because it's helping her be more successful then ok. I have a hard time believing that everyone in her family is as bad as her parents and they all deserved to be cut off.

Good luck with your aunt. Lol at "fancy trailer park."

LadyEsq

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,430 1,354 37
Alleybux
Thanks for posting [MENTION=111838]jetsetta[/MENTION]. I had read one article about Tianna and her family after her gold in the long jump. I hadn't realized she was the same person from the 2012 relay squad and just changed to her married name. I was thrown off at first when I saw the picture with her husband but I hope things aren't as bad as the comments that are posted. Of course, it doesn't help that she is estranged from her family. Meeting him at such a low point in her life does open the relationship to slight scrutiny. I think she may be able to continue and compete in the long jump for the 2020 Olympics so she may not be retiring for some time.

jetsetta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,257 1,079 435
Alleybux
I would NEVER fuk w/parents and or family who let a man that abused me OR just makes me damn uncomfortable move into our house.

NEVER, I see her mum is saying "we don't even know if its true" no bish.

it seems as if it is working for her--shrugs. I wouldn't care what some folks on social media were saying happened when THEY met him as long as he treats ME right. I would watch for signs but, no I would live my life.

business men often get sued and have folks after them financially, even if they are honest..folks figure they have it.

an odd pairing sure, but she seems to be happy, healthy & thriving.
just like the chick that said "his house does not impress me"
his wife seems to love it, talking about curling up on the couch and loving being at home...with him.

I'm not here for her trifling parents either, but I can't deny that some of the articles seemed brainwashy to me so there are signs.

Yes businessmen get sued, I was just surprised that there were so many comments on that blog post over the course of 4 years that all said the same thing, including one from her sister 2 years ago. The side eyes just kept adding up. If she's happy, great, but we've all seen pairings with this dynamic, do they usually work out well?

I'll be interested to see what articles are written about her on tampabay.com in the future.

jetsetta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,257 1,079 435
Alleybux
Dang.... so basically she just needs to separate herself from all these folks.. everybody guilty!!!!!! I had to back up and recheck her age. I hope she has something saved or set up in case he tries to do her in as well.

sh!t me too, but it sounds like he's woven himself into her life really well. He swooped in at just the right time and built her up in him image. Sinatra and Dean Martin my ass.

jetsetta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,257 1,079 435
Alleybux
It's ok to be messy sometimes- just get it out of your system :lol:

This tells me her parents are extreme narcissistic and Tianna did the right thing by cutting them out of her life.

Even if her husband wasn't in the picture, there is no excuse for taking advantage of your child financially and letting an xesual abuser around your daughter.

Her parents left her ripe for the picking. As gross as John is, her parents are never gonna get any sympathy from me.

AllLashes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,028 3,953 397
Alleybux
I mean if I am kinda happy w/my husband, there is just no way comments from god knows who on the internet, is gonna make me leave him--maybe search for some sh!t but those comments could be from scorned or jealous fat yt chicks or pissed off jealous neighbors that he has a black wife in their gated community.

the only thing they said that would make me leery is him being broke, that would make me rummage thru some stuff whille he is out.

if we are approached in public THEN it would be a problem, she seems happy to me.

keep me posted

mrs.zbornak

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

ineapple

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
10,637 71 128
Alleybux
Looks like some of you called it, she left him & is alleging abuse

Team USA’s Tianna Bartoletta medals at worlds despite being homeless for three months

"Bartoletta shocked her fans, revealing that she’s been homeless for three months, while she escaped what she has alleged was an abusive marriage to her husband of five years John Bartoletta. (For his part, John Bartoletta has characterized the couple’s divorce as “amicable,” per the BBC.)"

Oh Tianna. I know she'll persevere, but it's really saddening that she's been taken advantage and abused, whether from her ain't sh!t parents and her soon to be ain't sh!t ex husband. Hope for the best for her cause she's an inspiration.