Quantcast

'*******' TikTok User Burns Confederate Flag After Discovering Its History

RoijaRhaa

Rosando XV Rhaasan of Moluu
Reaction score
Reactions
11,945 2,067 303
Alleybux
A TikTok user has documented herself burning the Confederate flag after learning about its history and modern-day use.

a close up of a flag: Confederate flag waving in the wind against the blue sky background in Charleston, South Carolina, USA. A TikToker has gone viral after burning hers. Getty Images.

@TikTok_hates_me__ shared the clip on June 6, writing "I'm sorry I ever showed I was 'racist' from a flag. We burnt it tonight. I'm sorry our culture taught us this was okay, it's not. I'm white. I'm *******, but never racist. RIP to this racist flag."

The footage shows the Tik Tok user setting fire to the flag on her porch, before adding it to a bonfire in later videos.

What is commonly referred to today as the Confederate flag was actually the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. It was first used during the American Civil War, and is now often used as a symbol of southern heritage. However, it has been employed by numerous hate groups, including white supremacists.

According to the Tik Tok user, she doesn't support the flag because of its use by various groups who oppose civil rights, especially those of Black people.

"I don't really remember being taught about it in school. It wasn't like 'this is the flag,' or 'this is what it means,' it wasn't that. I don't remember ever learning about it in school. In the south, everybody flies their flags, so it was more like, 'well everybody else is doing it so that's something that we should do,' that's really it," she explained in a follow-up video.

"For us, in this house personally, it was just a popular thing around here, like you go to the grocery store and there's someone sitting in the parking lot selling confederate flags and American flags, and guess it looks cool or it looked cool. That's really all. That's why you see people all the time on Tik Tok saying, 'it's just about culture'. In the south, it's just normal," she added.

In response to a comment claiming, "they won't like this," the Tik Tok user defended people who unknowingly support the flag, saying: "This is the comment I hate the most. 'They' are the people that I love the most. We're doing one step at a time around here. It's pretty much starting with me. We literally had one of our dearest friends sitting behind us, screaming, jokingly of course, 'don't burn my flag'."

"It wasn't his flag but something that he genuinely loves, and we did it anyway. So, 'they', those people that y'all think are getting so mad. They think that we're stupid for changing our ways, because they don't see it as racism, because they don't understand, because they don't know better," she continued.

In just three days, the original video has gained over 200,000 likes and one million views.

Full Article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/*...covering-its-history/ar-AAKRgEz?ocid=msedgntp

ban1o

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,940 4,547 2,226
Alleybux
mmm I don't how old this person is but I genuinely don't believe that his family aren't racist. He just wants attention on Tik Tok.

Msangelbaby

LSA’s Favorite Villain
Reaction score
Reactions
146,770 6,737 2,401
Alleybux
LMAO. I went to a school with a bunch of confederate flag carriers. Not even over exaggerating, these people had that flag on their cups, shirts, blankets, etc. If we had a red, white, and blue theme day, they SHOWED OUT with their little flag gear.

They would always say that, “it’s not just about the flag…it’s about the history!” They tried to say they weren’t racist because they were simply carrying on the history. I would just laugh for obvious reasons.

maXXim

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Reactions
47,425 1,536 808
Alleybux
Nah, if they're old enough to use TikTok, they're old enough to know how fµcked-up that flag is. Sounds performative to me.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,618 5,572 5,243
Alleybux
They claim that history BS, but why not celebrate other parts of their ancestry, their Scotch-Irish ancestry, etc?

They are liars, they know why they worship that loser, treasonous flag.

Pettypisces

Pretty on the outside, petty on the inside
Reaction score
Reactions
223,692 4,802 397
Alleybux
They claim that history BS, but why not celebrate other parts of their ancestry, their Scotch-Irish ancestry, etc?

They are liars, they know why they worship that loser, treasonous flag.
Exactly! I had someone tell me they liked the flag because it represents state rights but got mad when I said just fly your state flag then. He couldn’t argue back, just walked away. That flag doesn’t celebrate anything but bigotry.

pet

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Reactions
51,467 2,344 2,173
Alleybux
Just confused about how they are just finding out. Unless they're young
You’ll be suprised. I live in the south and many of the confederate flag supporters ONLY support one side of history and absolutely refuse to talk about things like slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, ect ect

I even know people who’s parents would get upset if they played a “yankee” in a school production of the civil war. Hell I know people who were obsessed with hip hop culture and black men who are now confederate trump supporting hypocrites.

PartyIsOver

Under The Chemtrails Over The Country Club
Reaction score
Reactions
117,261 5,965 738
Alleybux
So were they in a cave during the protest in 2020 and the capital takeover in February. Everyone should know by now.

Msangelbaby

LSA’s Favorite Villain
Reaction score
Reactions
146,770 6,737 2,401
Alleybux
You’ll be suprised. I live in the south and many of the confederate flag supporters ONLY support one side of history and absolutely refuse to talk about things like slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, ect ect

I even know people who’s parents would get upset if they played a “yankee” in a school production of the civil war. Hell I know people who were obsessed with hip hop culture and black men who are now confederate trump supporting hypocrites.

I can honestly believe that most of these kids are unaware of the full history.

I also went to school with confederate flag carrying kids, and the stuff that they said and the way they carried on was clearly spoon-fed to them. They were repeating what their parents said/taught them. And these were some straight up TPs. Most of them only had a high school diploma and only taught their kids how to hunt, drink, smoke, worship the flag, and hate black people. I doubt they were sitting down and teaching them the actual history because a lot of these people are slow as hell. All they know is that the flag is something they should be proud of because their parents said so. This is why they’re racist but honestly don’t think that carrying the confederate flag makes them racist.

Haitian1

ghetto girl with a degree
Reaction score
Reactions
87,681 13,395 5,096
Alleybux
I believe it I grew up where kids didn't know the history of the Flag even adults now who don't know. And this is why we need these types of things thought in schools so they don't just disappear from history like so many other things

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,908 21,182 21,874
Alleybux
I have never cared about the Confederate flag. My only stance regarding the flag is that it should have never been on state buildings because state buildings are suppose to represent everyone. But I’m not bothered by people personally displaying it on their porch, on their car, or elsewhere. If people want to celebrate the fact that the South lost the Civil War, let them.

Kammy_Kakes

Flight Attendant Bae
Reaction score
Reactions
209,828 8,191 6,493
Alleybux

Their whiteness will forever TRUMP all. They can listen to, emulate, be influenced by whomever.....when it comes down to it.....they will never turn on their whiteness

WhewChileTheJello

Leftest Mafia Mama
Reaction score
Reactions
126,174 2,056 548
Alleybux
I can honestly believe that most of these kids are unaware of the full history.

I also went to school with confederate flag carrying kids, and the stuff that they said and the way they carried on was clearly spoon-fed to them. They were repeating what their parents said/taught them. And these were some straight up TPs. Most of them only had a high school diploma and only taught their kids how to hunt, drink, smoke, worship the flag, and hate black people. I doubt they were sitting down and teaching them the actual history because a lot of these people are slow as hell. All they know is that the flag is something they should be proud of because their parents said so. This is why they’re racist but honestly don’t think that carrying the confederate flag makes them racist.

You hit the nail on the head.

Negative.

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,995 558 174
Alleybux
I have never cared about the Confederate flag. My only stance regarding the flag is that it should have never been on state buildings because state buildings are suppose to represent everyone. But I’m not bothered by people personally displaying it on their porch, on their car, or elsewhere. If people want to celebrate the fact that the South lost the Civil War, let them.
Your white ass always saying some dumb sh!t.