TIME – Official Trailer | Prime Video

Mr. Biggs

引きこもり
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
90,922 51,316 712
Alleybux

Fox Rich is a fighter. The entrepreneur, abolitionist and mother of six boys has spent the last two decades campaigning for the release of her husband, Rob G. Rich, who is serving a 60-year sentence for a robbery they both committed in the early 90s in a moment of desperation. Combining the video diaries Fox has recorded for Rob over the years with intimate glimpses of her present-day life, director Garrett Bradley paints a mesmerizing portrait of the resilience and radical love necessary to prevail over the endless separations of the country’s prison-industrial complex. TIME is coming to theaters October 9, and to Prime Video October 16th.

Teddy Rux

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,525 16 4
Alleybux
Just finished. I loved that their children were sooo freaking intelligent. Sybil (Fox) did amazing raising them under the circumstances.

DottieHinkle

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
482,915 19,216 18,724
Alleybux
- Loved the juxtaposition between the old footage and the new footage; Sybil was truly ahead of her time.

- At first, I thought her husband had been wrongfully accused, but when I found out that they had actually done the crime, my sympathy was tempered. But I kinda had to mentally check myself because one thing black people are far too often denied is mercy. 60 years for that particular crime is excessive, IMO.

- I hope things work out for them as a couple seeing as how Sybil’s entire identity was wrapped up in freeing her husband.

- Her boys seem to have been raised well as things considered.

- Sybil’s mother is a trip.

Last edited:

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
- Loved the juxtaposition between the old footage and the new footage; Sybil was truly ahead of her time.

- At first, I thought her husband had been wrongfully accused, but when I found out that they had actually done the crime, my sympathy was tempered. But I kinda had to mentally check myself because one thing black people are far too often denied is mercy. 60 years for that particular crime is excessive, IMO.

- I hope things work out for them as a couple seeing as how Sybil’s entire identity was wrapped up in freeing her husband.

- Her boys seem to have been raised well as things considered.

- Sybil’s mother is a trip.
Sybil’s mother...chile.

This Lady turned around and said to Robert “always good to see you” then turned around like the man hadn’t spent 20 years in prison. She did not want this for her daughter.

Another quotable, “I told her not to wear her hair long to court because them white people already don’t like you. Did she listen? No”

April Diamond

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
303,023 8,823 4,329
Alleybux
I just watched this and feel so so on it. At first I was really moved, but then logic started to kick in. It was very manipulative and withheld key information on their case. If you look at it as an examination of what incarceration does to a family and kids of an incarcerated parent it was good, but trying to make it an example of unjust sentencing in the racist criminal justice system was manipulative and inaccurate. He was offered a plea deal just like Sybil, but declined it. If he had taken it he would've been out in maybe 15 years max. Why did he turn it down? How can you say he was thrown the book when he had a better option? Also, what happened to the other relative who went into the bank? Is he still incarcerated? So many unanswered questions.

To me it was a story was about personal mistakes made by the couple that their boys' paid the biggest price of, but were still able to thrive despite it. Fox (Sybil) seems like a master manipulator (who now uses empowerment speeches and Christianity to hide it....she also owns an auto dealership in NOLA and a lot of the reviews are not good). I'm thinking she was the mastermind to the whole robbery, which is why she fought so hard. I see right through her....a moneygrubbing, clout chaser who can paint herself out to be a victim when she doesn't want to face the consequences. I want to root for them, but something about her just don't sit right with me at all. Her mom seems to see through her bs too and kept it real. God bless those boys though. I hope they can rise above their parents' scammy DNA. Although the one who was running for student council seems like he will be the successful male version of his mama and become a slimy, manipulative politician in the making. I hope that it doesn't win Best Documentary tomorrow. It was too dishonest.

Who is the youngest son dad?
I think she conceived him during a conjugal visit.

Last edited:

PrettyBoyFlizzy

I'm a GIRL, Damon!
Reaction score
Reactions
141,328 3,733 440
Alleybux
I didn't know they had conjugals. Did they have xes in the back of the car after he was released and the documentary crew was driving? lol That's what it looked like. So I figured they hadn't had xes for 10 years or whatever.

April Diamond

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
303,023 8,823 4,329
Alleybux
I didn't know they had conjugals. Did they have xes in the back of the car after he was released and the documentary crew was driving? lol That's what it looked like. So I figured they hadn't had xes for 10 years or whatever.
LOL they sure did. It was really pointless and exploitative to show that. Felt like it was staged too.

UNNKNNOWNN

Love, Musik, Peace
Reaction score
Reactions
10,005 44 6
Alleybux
I just watched this and feel so so on it. At first I was really moved, but then logic started to kick in. It was very manipulative and withheld key information on their case. If you look at it as an examination of what incarceration does to a family and kids of an incarcerated parent it was good, but trying to make it an example of unjust sentencing in the racist criminal justice system was manipulative and inaccurate. He was offered a plea deal just like Sybil, but declined it. If he had taken it he would've been out in maybe 15 years max. Why did he turn it down? How can you say he was thrown the book when he had a better option? Also, what happened to the other relative who went into the bank? Is he still incarcerated? So many unanswered questions.

To me it was a story was about personal mistakes made by the couple that their boys' paid the biggest price of, but were still able to thrive despite it. Fox (Sybil) seems like a master manipulator (who now uses empowerment speeches and Christianity to hide it....she also owns an auto dealership in NOLA and a lot of the reviews are not good). I'm thinking she was the mastermind to the whole robbery, which is why she fought so hard. I see right through her....a moneygrubbing, clout chaser who can paint herself out to be a victim when she doesn't want to face the consequences. I want to root for them, but something about her just don't sit right with me at all. Her mom seems to see through her bs too and kept it real. God bless those boys though. I hope they can rise above their parents' scammy DNA. Although the one who was running for student council seems like he will be the successful male version of his mama and become a slimy, manipulative politician in the making. I hope that it doesn't win Best Documentary tomorrow. It was too dishonest.

I think she conceived him during a conjugal visit.
I felt the same way when I read the synopsis. I was immediately turned off when I realized what they did and didn't feel like wasting time watching this "documentary".

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom