Quantcast

Tips for pitching your business plan

eleiordache

cute lil neo-Nazi! :)
Reaction score
Reactions
370 2
Alleybux
''...We are the bankers and when you are not working for us, you are still working for us, everyone who is working is working for us...''

SpiritFleur

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,809 2,746 2,619
Alleybux
They are right about only having about 30 or less seconds. Open your pitch with a few sentences that describe what exactly the business will be/do. " Green is a holistic health bar for people who want wellness on the go!" Present the Team or Staff and their credentials. Offer hard numbers about how much start up and profit is expected to be. Do this in a Powerpoint wih about 10 slides.Make sure to have paper copies for people at the meeting. Good luck and you can do it!

IndigoKnows

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
165,293 8,876 8,861
Alleybux
I have a meeting with an angel investor next week. I definitely needed to see this! Thank you!

ETA: It seems the link no longer works?

Reaction score
Reactions
2,770 557 698
Alleybux
Entrepreneurs often only have a few minutes to make their pitch to potential investors. Here are some critical tips:

http://www.headoftheboard.net/video/tips-for-pitching-your
You don't "pitch" business plans. A business plan does not house the legal language that is needed and required to present your offering to an investor.

I don't care what they do on Shark Tank or what some article says.

A business plan is apart of the package not the sole document.

A business plan is used as a marketing document and presents the company from a marketing point of view. It doesn't offer Full Disclosure.

The Full Disclosure document is called a Private Placement Memorandum(PPM). You would add you business plan to the PPM as an addendum.

The PPM documents need to be prepared in compliance with 'Federal Regulation D' and provide the investor with “all material” information necessary for the prospective investor to make an informed investment decision.

A business plan by itself doesn't provide the required information that investors need to make an informed investment decision.

It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that you not use your business plan when seeking to solicit investors but instead only use your PPM.

I will not go any further because this post could turn into a book.

Source: I've spent my career in Investment Banking, working with Investors.

Last edited:

Whatitwas

“If you didn’t start at 20 start at 30.”
Reaction score
Reactions
15,041 622 452
Alleybux
You don't "pitch" business plans. A business plan does not house the legal language that is needed and required to present your offering to an investor.

I don't care what they do on Shark Tank or what some article says.

A business plan is apart of the package not the sole document.

A business plan is used as a marketing document and presents the company from a marketing point of view. It doesn't offer Full Disclosure.

The Full Disclosure document is called a Private Placement Memorandum(PPM). You would add you business plan to the PPM as an addendum.

The PPM documents need to be prepared in compliance with 'Federal Regulation D' and provide the investor with “all material” information necessary for the prospective investor to make an informed investment decision.

A business plan by itself doesn't provide the required information that investors need to make an informed investment decision.

It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that you not use your business plan when seeking to solicit investors but instead only use your PPM.

I will not go any further because this post could turn into a book.

Source: I've spent my career in Investment Banking, working with Investors.
I meed to pitch soon she called it getting to know each other but I can read between the lines. Not an investor but another business that wants to see if they can host my events in their venue.
I want to prepare a pitch with about 10 slides any tips or things I should definitely not forget?