Quantcast

Tithing.. How much shouldyou/do you give?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
Sunsetincali said:
Obviously Jesus wasn't born on Christmas. No man knows the date
of his birth but if we can drop it till it's hot, shake that thang, celebrate
OUR own birthday's etc. what's the big deal with taking ONE darn day
to REMEMBER his birth and one day to remember his death? So what
if we're off a few months, days etc. People get caught up in the small
trivial stuff too much.

If you take out the trivial element out of this debate, what substance are you left with? None, it really doesn't make a difference. From what the bible speaks of it is a time where the North Star was positioned a particular way and other details that if people really wanted to know it would make sense, regarding his death it was during passover so that's not hard to figure cuz they celebrated many feasts around the positioning of the moon. But back to the basics, people complaining and bashing others for the info they provide but look at them, cant do nothin positive to help God with His children. In Psalms it speaks of a fool "a fool says in his heart there is no God " (or His birthday was not in December).

LilMissSunshine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,318 2 4
Alleybux
So what does his actual birthdate have to do with rituals of worship? We are talking about TITHING here...

That is non important in anything in trying to have and HOLD God in your heart and doing as jesus.

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
Goddess07 said:
He was actually born around the end of august the beginning of september I did some research so you are correct he was not born during december. it does not matter when he was born but the fact that he was is most important

Researchers speculate around this time based on when the census was typically taken. This is how they have come to the conclusion of Jesus being born in the summer time. You are correct he wasn't born in December. But no matter when He was born it doesn't change His purpose. And also based on the birth of John the Baptist.

MelanieHamilton

No. 1
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,068 5 2
Alleybux
probowl2006 said:
If you take out the trivial element out of this debate, what substance are you left with? None, it really doesn't make a difference. From what the bible speaks of it is a time where the North Star was positioned a particular way and other details that if people really wanted to know it would make sense, regarding his death it was during passover so that's not hard to figure cuz they celebrated many feasts around the positioning of the moon. But back to the basics, people complaining and bashing others for the info they provide but look at them, cant do nothin positive to help God with His children. In Psalms it speaks of a fool "a fool says in his heart there is no God " (or His birthday was not in December).

Nevermind, I read your post wrong

Curvy Jones

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,842 5 5
Alleybux
AlmostThere, you should maybe print this thread out and consult with your pastor. He'll likely tell you that in preparation for sermons and what not, most Pastors consult several translations and other writings to compose their messages to the congregations. Not every text that doesn't begin with 'thus sayeth the Lord' goes against the word of God. Rather, not all knowledge of this world, heaven and earth, is contained within the Bible and many people use other text to expand and support it.

Please don't shoot yourself in the foot by being closedminded. Don't forget that Bible times ACTUALLY existed-- the culture and practices of that time in history have a great influence on our understanding of the Word today.

AlmostThere

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
300 1
Alleybux
CurvyGurlATL said:
AlmostThere, you should maybe print this thread out and consult with your pastor. He'll likely tell you that in preparation for sermons and what not, most Pastors consult several translations and other writings to compose their messages to the congregations. Not every text that doesn't begin with 'thus sayeth the Lord' goes against the word of God. Rather, not all knowledge of this world, heaven and earth, is contained within the Bible and many people use other text to expand and support it.

Please don't shoot yourself in the foot by being closedminded. Don't forget that Bible times ACTUALLY existed-- the culture and practices of that time in history have a great influence on our understanding of the Word today.

I understand what you are saying and I am not INTENTIONALLY TRYING to be closed minded, but I can only vouch for the God that I serve and His word. I am an avid reader, yet I do not feel that I am at the point in my christian walk where I can read and study controversial issues concerning God and Christ.

The only reason I commented on her being a JW was because I PERSONALLY have a few issues what in what they go around my neighborhood and preach.

London

Bench Warmer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Just answering the intial question. I tithe 10% of every increase and give an offering of at least 5%, but try to give more.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
AlmostThere said:
I understand what you are saying and I am not INTENTIONALLY TRYING to be closed minded, but I can only vouch for the God that I serve and His word. I am an avid reader, yet I do not feel that I am at the point in my christian walk where I can read and study controversial issues concerning God and Christ.

The only reason I commented on her being a JW was because I PERSONALLY have a few issues what in what they go around my neighborhood and preach.

But why are you taking that out on her? Jesus asked a woman at the well for water and she was not of his culture and this was very uncommon to do. You can't blame all JV's for the title they hold. One day a JV might save your life you never know. Just advice, stick to the facts at hand and dont try to take your revenge or things you cannot avenge.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
CurvyGurlATL said:

Awsome response!

Curvy Jones

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,842 5 5
Alleybux
This is why I love Pastor John Hagee. He uses so much science and history to bring the Word relevant. I forget he's preaching!

AlmostThere

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
300 1
Alleybux
CurvyGurlATL said:
This is why I love Pastor John Hagee. He uses so much science and history to bring the Word relevant. I forget he's preaching!

See, i have a hard time listening to his sermons and reading his books because of his science. but when the middle east started going crazy, it was a known fact that it was happening just like the bible prophecy.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
CurvyGurlATL said:

What impressed me about John Hagee was he knew all about this last attack on Israel months before it was going to happen.

Imara

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
6,939 5 2
Alleybux
CurvyGurlATL said:

I love John Hagee he is a fire and brimstone preacher and I love that I get tired of all this watered down gospel

Jumpstartdis

Bench Warmer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I agree with you. Also, where in the New Testament does it state tithing? i know they did it in the old testament, i.e. building temples and holy tabernacle, we were supposed to be under a new covenent once Jesus died. I still haven't found the requirement. If anybody knows the scripture, lemme know.

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
AlmostThere said:
ummmm...... I'm Penecostal

Do you know this song? (No I'm not being sarcastic....)

I'm a one God, apostolic, tongue talkin', holy rollin', born again, heaven bound believer in the power of Jesus' name-

I've been washed in the blood, sanctified by the spirit, I believe in holiness and I'm suggestin' you should do the same-

I was set free at a Pentacostal altar on my knees, pardon me if I'm not ashamed-

To be a one God, apostolic, tongue talkin', holy rollin', born again, heaven bound believer in the power of Jesus' name.

The song gets faster each time you sing it.

It's been a while.

THE Mrs. Fisher

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
376 1 6
Alleybux
Jumpstartdis said:
I agree with you. Also, where in the New Testament does it state tithing? i know they did it in the old testament, i.e. building temples and holy tabernacle, we were supposed to be under a new covenent once Jesus died. I still haven't found the requirement. If anybody knows the scripture, lemme know.

Hebrews 7 (whole chapter) talks about tithing.

Some other verses that have the word "tithe" or "tithes" in them are:

Matthew 23:23
Luke 11:42
Luke 18:12
and Hebrews 7, as mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Alley

Top Bottom