Quantcast

Transgender Woman Shot To Death By Date She Met On Plenty of Fish

Rmodelboy

Mr Congeniality
Reaction score
Reactions
506,750 43,820 1,681
Alleybux

A man has been charged with allegedly murdering a transgender woman he had met on Plenty of Fish.

Charles Nelson of Springfield, Missouri, had been talking to 26-year-old Dominique Lucious on the site. They made plans to meet up at an apartment where Lucious would be staying. Another occupant of the apartment, identified as “S.D.,” says that Lucious woke him up early Thursday morning to let him know that she was preparing for her date with Nelson. S.D. told police that he went back to sleep but was awakened by the sounds of gunshots. The man says he saw Lucious lying on the couch with a man standing over before fleeing the home and entering his car. S.D. was able to take photos of the man as he drove away. A neighbor also saw the man leaving the apartment.

Nelson was arrested later that evening. Police used explicit text messages between the two and witnesses’ statements to link the 28-year-old to the murder. Authorities claim that Nelson had blood on his shoes when they caught up with him, and a gun recovered at his home matched a shell casing found at the crime scene.

Lucious’s family is stunned by the murder, saying that everyone who knew the young woman adored her.

“We grew up together,” said Ciara Williams, a cousin of Lucious. “We have lived together numerous times.” She goes on to add, “We were both homeless at a point in our lives when we were younger. She made sure I had somewhere warm to stay, even if she didn’t. She had a very good heart.”

Nelson has been charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the Greene County jail.

=========================

A Springfield man has been charged with murder in the death of a transgender woman he met online.

Charles Nelson, 28, was charged with second-degree murder and armed criminal action in connection with the Thursday morning killing of 26-year-old Dominique Lucious.

According to court documents, Springfield police were dispatched to a home in the 900 block of North Main Avenue at about 7 a.m. Thursday where they found Lucious who had been shot to death.

Court documents say police used information from witnesses, and text message communication on Lucious' phone to identify Nelson as a suspect and arrest him on Thursday night.

According to court documents, it appears Nelson and Lucious met on an online dating website and planned to meet up on Thursday morning at Lucious's apartment.

It's during that meet-up that authorities believe Nelson fatally shot Lucious.

According to court documents, Nelson matched the description of the man many witnesses saw at the scene of the shooting, he also drives the same type of car that several witnesses reported seeing at the scene, and authorities found blood on his shoes and a gun in his home that matched back to a shell casing found at the crime scene.

Court documents say Nelson initially agreed to speak with police and then asked to end the questioning.

A motive for the shooting is unclear.

Nelson is being held in the Greene County Jail without bond and does not have an attorney listed for this case.

The GLO Center in Springfield posted a statement of support for Lucious on social media, saying: "Trans women, particularly trans women of color, are disproportionately victims of violent crime. This murder and the other senseless slaying of trans folks must be contextualized within the anti-trans rhetoric and actions taken by too many. It is 2021 and we must understand that trans rights are human rights."

Hours later, Missouri House Minority Leader Crystal Quade, D-Springfield, released her own statement supporting Lucious and rebuking "legislation targeting the trans and non-binary communities ... pushed by groups who dismiss the damages and dangers their ideology helps cultivate."

"Missouri should be a place where anybody can be their true self, without fear of violence or bigotry," Quade wrote. "We have far to go to ensure Missouri is a safe and welcoming place for every person, no matter how they identify."

Last edited by a moderator:

Swan

Secular Woman
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
399,990 5,387 939
Alleybux
Plenty of Fish is basically the sanitation bureau of online/app dating and they need to be shut down by anyone who can help.

PurpleBeats

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
54,357 958 651
Alleybux
Well, he's a murderer so he can go to jail and rot there. IDK what information he had regarding the victim's status but you always have the option of walking away.

People also need to stop meeting randos they met online in private places before getting to know them better.

BoujeeBae

If there is no way, create one.
Reaction score
Reactions
55,619 848 198
Alleybux
I feel as though he knew the victim wasn't a biological woman hence why they met at the victim's apartment.

Suspect's mugshot.

S4SDP7VKF5GK7NIWEWKBKKRNFI.jpg

RIP to the victim

Last edited:

Rung901

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
1,284 55 16
Alleybux
Apologies in advance to anyone I do not want to gaslight or trigger.

I don’t want to sound ignorant but can we have a conversation about disclosure. I’ve overheard convos on CH read comments on twitter where people have said transwomen shouldn’t have to disclose they are trans and that most men “know” they are trans.

Not specifically this incident but what does everyone think? Personally I’d like to know if someone I was talking to/dating and potentially being intimate with was trans, beforehand.

The autonomy trans people keep by withholding, takes away the other persons autonomy and that’s were the question comes into play. Who’s autonomy is more “important”?

80sbabyXO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,757 1,631 948
Alleybux
POF is a cesspool, it's been trash since way back in the day when I used the site in 2010-2011. I can only imagine how much worse it is now.

I wonder if the victim informed her date beforehand that she was transgendered or if it was an unexpected surprise that sent him into a fit of anger... That doesn't justify killing someone but these situations are very common.

xxnEKbo

“I’m just here so I won’t get fined”
Reaction score
Reactions
189,189 5,117 1,199
Alleybux
Plenty of fish is bottom of the barrel. I heard of people meeting up for dates and being robbed...why is it still in operation?

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,539 33,082 27,391
Alleybux
Also POF is a cess pool like many are saying. I use to use it back in the early 2010s and it was bad then not sure how it is now.
Please use apps like Tinder Hinge or Bumble.
There are tons of tinder horror stories but compared to POF it's more upperclass. Esp Hinge and Bumble

hunnybe

The Empress
Reaction score
Reactions
17,829 356 379
Alleybux
This is sad. I hope this didn't happen due to the "bait and switch" but the fact that he showed up with a gun tells me he was violent and half crazy anyway. RIP to the victim.

Hoe Cakes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,868 526 576
Alleybux

I don’t want to sound ignorant but can we have a conversation about disclosure. I’ve overheard convos on CH read comments on twitter where people have said transwomen shouldn’t have to disclose they are trans and that most men “know” they are trans.

Not specifically this incident but what does everyone think? Personally I’d like to know if someone I was talking to/dating and potentially being intimate with was trans, beforehand.

The autonomy trans people keep by withholding, takes away the other persons autonomy and that were the question comes into play. Who’s autonomy is more “important”?
I don't think we should give the murderer the benefit of the doubt by assuming he did not know. That may be the case for some but not all. Assuming every trans murder happens the same way automatically absolves the "straight" male of any wrongdoing. Maybe he's gay and would rather do his dirt in secret?

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,675 10,681 3,149
Alleybux

The autonomy trans people keep by withholding, takes away the other persons autonomy and that’s were the question comes into play. Who’s autonomy is more “important”?

I always assume that the dude knew and after xes, is ashamed of himself, and takes it out on the transwoman.

Avalanche21

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,269 654 632
Alleybux
Plenty of Fish is not the reason that that Trans woman was killed.Her date probably knew she was trans but got scared that others would find out.I bet the victim couldn't even pass as a biological woman.

HexxeH

Queen of unpopular opinions
Reaction score
Reactions
66,667 5,696 8,082
Alleybux
He had the option to walk away from it all and not take action.

There was no reason to kill the transperson.

But these hypermales aren't down with that.

Better state on your profile what your gender orientation is, because you might want to be a female, but you're not a female to a male who only wants a genetic female.

skybantralist

Dookie Braid God
Reaction score
Reactions
110,645 9,306 8,625
Alleybux

They should disclose, but it's also a double edged sword.
Not disclosing is, 1, wrong and disrespectful to the potential suitor, and 2, can put you in danger. Sometimes these beatings or worse, killings are due to not being told the person is trans and finding out after certain things may have happened. That said, that's no excuse for abusing or especially murdering someone.
But, disclosing may also open you up to danger, people who are looking to kill or assault a trans person may set up a meeting just to get you alone to act out violence.

It seems to be a dangerous gamble either way.

PurpleBeats

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
54,357 958 651
Alleybux

I mentioned it before, if he didn't know, he could have walked away. I'm sick of people resorting to violence when they don't have to.

On the subject of disclosure, I've heard them say they shouldn't have to for their safety but that's BS. People have a right to set boundaries when looking for xesual partners. Besides, if they're pre-op, how is surprising their partner going to make them safer when they will likely be in some isolated private place by the time they take off their clothes?

In recent years, there has been a push for informed consent in xesual encounters in liberal/woke/progressive circles but apparently, informed consent is no longer a thing when it comes to that particular demographics.

Urbest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,130 11,494 3,304
Alleybux
They should disclose, but it's also a double edged sword.
Not disclosing is, 1, wrong and disrespectful to the potential suitor, and 2, can put you in danger. Sometimes these beatings or worse, killings are due to not being told the person is trans and finding out after certain things may have happened. That said, that's no excuse for abusing or especially murdering someone.
But, disclosing may also open you up to danger, people who are looking to kill or assault a trans person may set up a meeting just to get you alone to act out violence.

It seems to be a dangerous gamble either way.
Why don't trans just go on dating sites for other trans people or people specifically interested in dating trans? Problem solved on both ends.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,678 91 51
Alleybux
I wouldn't automatically say it's about disclosure.
A lot of men and trans catfish each other on these dating/hookup sites
He also probably tried to rob her/him and they might have got into a tussle.
That happens a lot as well.
Either way, RIP to the victim.

But let's be honest, what would we say to a real woman who invited a man into her home that she didn't know?

leirah88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
117,506 3,479 4,261
Alleybux
Either the victim lied about her real gender or the murderer regretted after he slept with her. Either way. It's tragic.
I wish these trans women could stop thinking that they can get away by lying about their gender while pursuing straight men.
It's not worth it.

gogurl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,779 3,052 247
Alleybux
Most trans women killings I’ve read about, the trans woman disclosed well before the encounter, but the male still snapped or was discovered by friends/family. I think these dudes be embarrassed. I think most trans women are smart enough to know to disclose.