Status
Not open for further replies.

Patyx1

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
768 126 8
Alleybux
I agree that both ppl should cook; however, I don't think she should be advertising that she doesn't cook. Next she will be saying she doesn't work which we already know.
Thanks for understanding what i meant.. smh. Lol cooking to run ur household as a wife is important! And she acting like its cute to be her age and not knowing how to do

natahlee

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
11,931 890 95
Alleybux
channing tatum just started following kayla, lol
12B15F29-77AE-4CBE-AC0A-19F98D30F2BE.jpeg

Megaapyt

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
8,254 417 84
Alleybux
Didn’t KD follow her at one point, too? He probably unfollowed her cause she ain’t follow him back.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,397 135 104
Alleybux
Why did she have to turn her behind to the camera?! That's obviously all she has going for her.

The other girls were just standing normal and she turns her behind to the camera on purpose. Trav didn't pay her any attention.
She looks
So y’all want the poor child to go from bad to worst?
Right! Cause for some reason Channing cannot hold on to a woman. I’m still tryna find out wtf is going on with him.

Megaapyt

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
8,254 417 84
Alleybux
I feel like all of us are finally in agreement that Kayla just ain’t it. She’s a very beautiful girl, but I think she’s lacking certain qualities to be a wife and that’s probably why Travis ain’t popped the question yet. Kayla is very immature, she’s annoying, she lacks ambition. She probably thinks that her body will get her far or a ring. And I gotta eat my words because a while ago I said Kayla doesn’t always post her body, but now it’s to the point where I don’t even wanna watch her story because all I’m getting is her body, a story lacking substance, or her complaining about something. Like what else can you bring to the table? She keeps talking about her “brand”, but that’s all she’s doing. TALKING, no ACTION. I ain’t the biggest fan of Brittany, but at least she’s doing something. Kayla is just sitting there wasting time hoping Travis gonna put a ring on it. She was better off without Travis.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,895 29 9
Alleybux
Didn't Kumar give her props for Thanksgiving dinner? I thought she doesn't like to cook but knows how. And in quarantine I thought she was complaining about cooking, dishes, repeat. I have friends that have been married for over a decade and the husband does most of the cooking. They're happy. And when I say most I mean 90/10 lol.

Caramel Flava

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
314,815 9,060 1,348
Alleybux
If people weren’t paying attention to some of these celebs, reality stars & IG influencers & how they move pre-pandemic, the time @ home when ppl have free time or want to escape from work, life, school etc had a little more time to pay real attention to the facades many were putting up

this thread title “Travis is Single” couldn’t be anymore accurate. Kayla simply doesn’t know it yet again. While it’s clear Travis can’t stay away from BW, you can tell that the immaturity, the insecurities, the performative posts on the gram to make things seems a certain way when they aren’t just shows that Travis is biding his time & why not since Kayla is giving him everything he wants anyways for free

Megaapyt

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
8,254 417 84
Alleybux
I lowkey wish you couldn’t make money off ig just to see how some of these “influencers” would have a job. Like imagine how Instagram was when it first came out.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,397 135 104
Alleybux
I feel like all of us are finally in agreement that Kayla just ain’t it. She’s a very beautiful girl, but I think she’s lacking certain qualities to be a wife and that’s probably why Travis ain’t popped the question yet. Kayla is very immature, she’s annoying, she lacks ambition. She probably thinks that her body will get her far or a ring. And I gotta eat my words because a while ago I said Kayla doesn’t always post her body, but now it’s to the point where I don’t even wanna watch her story because all I’m getting is her body, a story lacking substance, or her complaining about something. Like what else can you bring to the table? She keeps talking about her “brand”, but that’s all she’s doing. TALKING, no ACTION. I ain’t the biggest fan of Brittany, but at least she’s doing something. Kayla is just sitting there wasting time hoping Travis gonna put a ring on it. She was better off without Travis.
I’m not sure if someone already said it, but she also has a post on her page where the first pic you can see the top of her butt/lower back and she captioned it “My ancestors did they thang”. I tried to like her, but I just can’t.

Zuri Arie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,078 3,241 688
Alleybux
I’m not sure if someone already said it, but she also has a post on her page where the first pic you can see the top of her butt/lower back and she captioned it “My ancestors did they thang”. I tried to like her, but I just can’t.
Chileeee

Megaapyt

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
8,254 417 84
Alleybux
Yeah, I saw it. She posted that on Juneteenth. : unamused:

BrwnSknBeauty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,627 5,496 3,704
Alleybux
...but she did that in the gym...right?! Ancestors did it if she was born the way we see her today which she wasn't.

amster

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,660 128 16
Alleybux
Okay U don't like but that's what her followers want to see..her posting provocative pics with tricky/cutesy captions in fenty attire or vaca pics...her Sis page is for her fitness fans

Msesquirefitness

Ethio Olivia Pope
Reaction score
Reactions
23,544 1,008 101
Alleybux
Okay U don't like but that's what her followers want to see..her posting provocative pics with tricky/cutesy captions in fenty attire or vaca pics...her Sis page is for her fitness fans

Idt that’s what the font was getting at. Her point is essentially that Kayla is uncouth at times.
Assuming whatever that post was wasnt even on Juneteenth, it still begs the question what do your ancestors have to do w this. It’s weird. pose w your ass out, but leave your ancestors out of it. simple.

Kayla comes across as the type of person who just doesn’t know how to read the room, even at her big age…hence why a lot of the sh!t she does is cringey to ppl.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,397 135 104
Alleybux
Idt that’s what the font was getting at. Her point is essentially that Kayla is uncouth at times.
Assuming whatever that post was wasnt even on Juneteenth, it still begs the question what do your ancestors have to do w this. It’s weird. pose w your ass out, but leave your ancestors out of it. simple.

Kayla comes across as the type of person who just doesn’t know how to read the room, even at her big age…hence why a lot of the sh!t she does is cringey to ppl.
Yes, you explained it well. Cringey af.

Posting provocative pictures while speaking on black ancestors just don’t mix in my opinion. She can do what she wants on her page, but it’s weird and screams attention seeking.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,895 29 9
Alleybux
Yes, you explained it well. Cringey af.

Posting provocative pictures while speaking on black ancestors just don’t mix in my opinion. She can do what she wants on her page, but it’s weird and screams attention seeking.
Guys I'm going out on a limb here but aren't influencers attention seeking? Their likes show brands their engagement which then turns into a check.
I love Taylor Rooks and in her vacation video she turns around in the water and you can see her butt surface. To me Taylor is very classy and professional however knowing you could see her butt wouldn't that be attention seeking?
I like the dressed up, sneakers Kay myself but at the end of the day influencers seek attention. Even celebs who have "jobs" and posts on IG seek attention.
I want her to be known for her brand SIS too but this is where she is currently.

screena

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
311,865 5,214 824
Alleybux
Guys I'm going out on a limb here but aren't influencers attention seeking? Their likes show brands their engagement which then turns into a check.
I love Taylor Rooks and in her vacation video she turns around in the water and you can see her butt surface. To me Taylor is very classy and professional however knowing you could see her butt wouldn't that be attention seeking?
I like the dressed up, sneakers Kay myself but at the end of the day influencers seek attention. Even celebs who have "jobs" and posts on IG seek attention.
I want her to be known for her brand SIS too but this is where she is currently.

It's the difference between seeking attention for the sake of it vs seeking attention to promote a cause or a brand. She's not doing all that to promote SIS, because if she was, that sh!t would have taken off by now.

She just needs attention from whoever since TK's not giving her the kind she wants.

Ms Muse

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,326 1,532 718
Alleybux
It's the difference between seeking attention for the sake of it vs seeking attention to promote a cause or a brand. She's not doing all that to promote SIS, because if she was, that sh!t would have taken off by now.

She just needs attention from whoever since TK's not giving her the kind she wants.
That makes sense, but as an influencer she is also a brand, right?

I think she went wrong in the referenced post because influencers need to toe the line between blatantly and subtly seeking attention.

Reaction score
Reactions
1,895 29 9
Alleybux

I see where you're coming from. But I didn't mean to imply she was seeking attention for SIS. I meant to say that I hope eventually that's the attention that she seeks as SIS and her are one in the same. Currently she warrants likes for just for being Kayla.

screena

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
311,865 5,214 824
Alleybux
That makes sense, but as an influencer she is also a brand, right?

I think she went wrong in the referenced post because influencers need to toe the line between blatantly and subtly seeking attention.

For me, there's a difference between influencers and brands. Influencers promote various brands; they don't necessarily exist to sell themselves. Influencers' power lies in their outreach and ability to get someone to purchase a particular brand. Having the power to influence people isn't a brand.

She can be an influencer and have her own brand (or she can use her influence to develop her own brand), but her being an influencer isn't her brand.

mandipandi11

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 4 5
Alleybux
I'm not all caught up but have y'all seen Robyn Neal's (robynmneal) TikTok videos? She's in sports media and was paid $39k starting out.

Not to make excuses for Kayla but she probably figured it wasn't worth the effort and being an influencer pays better.

She could always do both and/or develop her brand but you know.....

Reaction score
Reactions
1,895 29 9
Alleybux
I'm not all caught up but have y'all seen Robyn Neal's (robynmneal) TikTok videos? She's in sports media and was paid $39k starting out.

Not to make excuses for Kayla but she probably figured it wasn't worth the effort and being an influencer pays better.

This is typical. That's why you truly have to love it. And why it's so awesome to see people like Robin Taylor getting shine. I do believe though Taylor has probably been able to make herself as a brand and influencer more successful and not so dependent on a typical salary. I know she works for Bleacher Report however I think she's been able to probably own some of her content that gets picked up by outlets.

Also I was informed on here that sports journalism maybe is not Kayla's lane. She was more hosting with a focus on sports. But her career from people who have followed her longer stated hers is more entertainment which can cross over into sports.

Danni90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,256 399 52
Alleybux

Yeah I was surprised when I saw how low the pay is for sports journalist. Especially the women and if you are a black woman it’s ridiculous. I’m interested to see this Jemele Hill podcast network she has coming. This could be huge for black female journalist.

Megaapyt

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
8,254 417 84
Alleybux
View attachment 2667630
Lol we in here worrying that Kayla can’t cook and is never gonna get her ring, meanwhile she got Magic Mike waiting in the wings whole time.

Kiiiiiiiiii
Channing seems like he looking for someone. Kayla better follow his ass back and jump on that. Kick Travis ass to the curb.

Attachments

• 11A6B525-6D9E-4D24-80BB-8737210C43D6.png
    11A6B525-6D9E-4D24-80BB-8737210C43D6.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.