Quantcast

Trey Songz is so bootleg.

Lovelygal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,928 187 19
Alleybux
Chris and trey's fans are all around the same age range and the same same xes with clearly questionable tastes in music and men.
Stop, their fan bases are very similar

Go back and read the thread. It was initially said that Trey was selling better than Chris and he's not. That's the only reason Chris was brought up. I've said several times Chris is selling just as well as Trey. Again THINK, READ, and COMPREHEND honey. Because you sound like a straight fool.

This doesn't even make sense. How are you privy to who their fanbases are? You sound like the fool boo.

Intellect said for the past TWO YEARS, Trey has outsold CB. And he has. She was not lying. You compared CB's one album, completely forgetting about Graffiti.

intellect

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,450 133 81
Alleybux
Why can't we discuss this without resorting to namecalling and trying to demean the other font? We are all grown people here I would assume, let's leave that to people who lack the vocabulary to explain themselves.

Chris Partlow

Quick and Clean
Reaction score
Reactions
287,133 4,917 4,011
Alleybux
This doesn't even make sense. How are you privy to who their fanbases are? You sound like the fool boo.

Intellect said for the past TWO YEARS, Trey has outsold CB. And he has. She was not lying. You compared CB's one album, completely forgetting about Graffiti.
Yes I am privy to who their fan bases are, it ain't hard to tell. Only a fool wouldn't be. You clearly don't know what you are talking about (you came in here with wrong information from the jump), so I'm gonna leave it be. :laugh:

douglass_knight

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,908 47 19
Alleybux
I agree with you I hate seen a car full of dudes riding around bumping trey. now old trey song was pretty decent. I dont like this arrogant cocky dude he portrays to be now.

WHHOOOAAAAAAAAA-A-A-A-A-A

Lovelygal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,928 187 19
Alleybux
Yes I am privy to who their fan bases are, it ain't hard to tell. Only a fool wouldn't be. You clearly don't know what you are talking about (you came in here with wrong information from the jump), so I'm gonna leave it be. :laugh:

You are the one who is switching your story and lying. Talking about how FAME is "eventually" going to outsell PPP and Ready. oh. alright. But it's really not boo. lol!
What are you looking at to know who their fanbases are? And all of your info. Every single bit is completely wrong and inaccurate. You are the one who is mad b/c you honestly don't know what you are talking about. And that's fine, honey. :pcute:

Chris Partlow

Quick and Clean
Reaction score
Reactions
287,133 4,917 4,011
Alleybux
You are the one who is switching your story and lying. Talking about how FAME is "eventually" going to outsell PPP and Ready. oh. alright. But it's really not boo. lol!
What are you looking at to know who their fanbases are? And all of your info. Every single bit is completely wrong and inaccurate. You are the one who is mad b/c you honestly don't know what you are talking about. And that's fine, honey. :pcute:

Passion, Pain & Pleasure is the fourth studio album by American R&B recording artist Trey Songz, . The album debuted at number two on
the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 240,000 copies in its first week
F.A.M.E. is the fourth studio album by American recording artist Chris Brown, released March 18, 2011, on Jive Records.
The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, having sold 270,000 copies in its first week
27zxl3t.jpg

30t5lhg.jpg

End of story honey.

King B Giselle

No Foes
Reaction score
Reactions
383,591 7,887 4,900
Alleybux
Chrissy, u silly for going back and forth w/ someone from Bambi's team. She/he/it stalks all the Trey threads. I see what you're saying though.

I think Fame has outsold BOTH of Trey's cds released in the last year. Welp....Trigga had his chance.

Lovelygal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,928 187 19
Alleybux
27zxl3t.jpg

27zxl3t.jpg

End of story honey.

oh ok. I already know this. Still doesn't dispute the fact that Trey's last two albums outsold CB's. lol! But I'm truly not trying to shade CB. I actually hear he's good people.

Chris Partlow

Quick and Clean
Reaction score
Reactions
287,133 4,917 4,011
Alleybux
Chrissy, u silly for going back and forth w/ someone from Bambi's team. She/he/it stalks all the Trey threads. I see what you're saying though.

I think Fame has outsold BOTH of Trey's cds released in the last year. Welp....Trigga had his chance.
Girl I know, I'm done. :laugh:

Lovelygal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,928 187 19
Alleybux
I usually don't go to bat for Trey in EVERY Trey thread, but this thread was full of people lying and being pressed. LOL!

Selam

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,100 1,831 3,824
Alleybux
Those ladies aren't considered RnB and you know this.

Yes I can compare Love Letter to PPP or Ready because they were sold during the same period. I could compare him to Sade bc she came out in the same time period. She outsold Trey. If she could do it so could Kellz, and Kellz is not at a disadvantage. He is actually at an advantage, as almost all the superstars from the era when music was selling still seem to pull good numbers and go platinum, for ex Beyonce, Sade and Usher. Sade did it with not much promo either. Her body of work sold her album.

R. Kelly is a R&B artist that has 12 platinum albums so what's your point? You don't have to be Pop to have successful albums.

No, you can't. They're both at different points in there careers. I understand you're a stan of Trey's but be logical. Love Letter, R. Kelly's 10th studio album, was released 18 years after his debut. Trey's Ready album is his 3rd album and his PPP album is his 4th album. Both were released 5 to 6 years after his debut.

Sade was on a 10 year hiatus prior to her comeback album so of course she sold more. She has an advantage, not R. Kelly.

Beyonce just released her 4th album and Usher released his 6th a year ago.

If you want to compare artists then compare the points they're at in there careers.

intellect

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,450 133 81
Alleybux
When Kellz came out with his fourth album, it wasn't a hard feat to go platinum with a well promoted album. Now it is extremely hard for a RnB artist to do this, unless they sell pop music too and you know this. Kellz fanbase spans are larger age group than Trey. My mother know who Kellz is n so does my niece n nephew. Most people 50+ do not know Trey. Kellz should outsell Trey, especially with how critically acclaimed Love Letter was. Black panties will do well as well, but will it go plat? IDK. Usher did it with pop singles, and his new album will incorporate pop as well. It is just how it is.

intellect

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,450 133 81
Alleybux
Fame has not outsold PPP yet much less Ready. But if you want to believe that it's ok, but it doesn't make it true.

At the end of the day Trey is not a flop. You can't be a flop when you are out selling 95% of your genre.

Selam

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,100 1,831 3,824
Alleybux
When Kellz came out with his fourth album, it wasn't a hard feat to go platinum with a well promoted album. Now it is extremely hard for a RnB artist to do this, unless they sell pop music too and you know this. Kellz fanbase spans are larger age group than Trey. My mother know who Kellz is n so does my niece n nephew. Most people 50+ do not know Trey. Kellz should outsell Trey, especially with how critically acclaimed Love Letter was. Black panties will do well as well, but will it go plat? IDK. Usher did it with pop singles, and his new album will incorporate pop as well. It is just how it is.

The thing is R. Kelly never promoted his albums like the other artists. He never does interviews, magazine covers, etc. He was just able to establish himself early on in his career to where people will go up for anything with his name on it. But I wouldn't say going platinum was easy in the 90's just because the industry was in a better state. It was still difficult. Probably even more than it is today considering the amount of competition there was.

I agree that R&B today is not in a good condition and Trey is doing well but trying to compare his albums to R. Kelly's 10th album isn't logical, imo. They're both at different points in their careers. Love Letter did really well for the promo it received. HDD reported that his sales was a surprise for the industry because nobody expected that. Even the label heads at Sony Music Entertainment were really happy.

NannyPans

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,289 57 7
Alleybux
Altho he does stay tootin' his lips his albums and mixtapes are good. They wanted to xes up his image so thats where the baby oil, lip tootin' and v necks came from. He wasn’t like that when he first came out. The majority of his released songs are about xes too and his albums are not entirely about that.

On another note, he is def gay. I know someone who worked with his circle of people and he has told me that many times. Don't need his confirmation....stevie can see that.

On another note, altho his albums are good, he is HORRID live. Did yall see prince mad at the BET awards? Trey murdered purple rain. I seriously get embarrassed for him during all of his live performances. He croaks, he makes constipated faces, he just does THEE most.

Bad News Billy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,602 7 18
Alleybux
See this is why you females end up with n***as that beat you, use you and end up in jail because y'all all into roughnecks.

ROFL what the fµck?

Anyway this thread is kinda phat but I'm gonna go kick some flava with one of my fly honeys, she's down with OPP so I'm sure she'll let me knock the boots. If anyone needs me just hit me up on my skypager and don't forget to put in 911 if it's an emergency.

Shelleee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
10,399 54 48
Alleybux
Didn't read the rest of the thread, but yeah, Trey annoys the hell outta me now. I like the "Just Gotta Make It" Trey....not the "Mr. steal ya girl" Trey....

Chatter

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
195,709 15,084 3,156
Alleybux
I swear, this is exactly what's wrong with the music industry - even fans are only concerned about album sales as a barometer for talent. Regardless of who sold what, CB is way more talented than Trey... and Kelz has more talent in an ounce of the urine he pisses on underage girls than Trey has in his entire half-man half-goat body.

/end

Dark Rose

<span style="display: inline-block; filter:progid:
Reaction score
Reactions
110,980 53 47
Alleybux
^ Lmao!!! I liked Trey when he first came out but once he started trying to fit in doing that thug R&B sh!t I was like "Booooooy stop". And I'm sick of the xes symbol sh!t I'm like well got to make up for that lackluster voice some kind of way.

R.Kelly on down the line in career made some positive songs, sure he sold xes too but at least he took a break every now and then.

Ginuwine, Tank, Sammie all have better voices than Trey and CB, but CB has overall talent and can keep you entertained.

QuietAsKept

Pretty wit' her eyes low
Reaction score
Reactions
1,632 1 2
Alleybux
This thread is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs. I am among those who are tired of hearing Trey yodel and sing about xes. I will always love a select few of his songs though.

Champ77

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,040 2,465 2,138
Alleybux
Trey will never be on Kellz level, but very few artists can do what Kellz does. When R kelly's career is over he'll go down as one of the best R&B/soul artists of all time.

No need to diss Trey cause he's not as good as Kellz. Trey is not great IMO but he's still pretty good in everything he does. An artist doesn't have to be the best out there in order for me to enjoy his/her music. His latest album PPP is actually a very good album. Trey has made enough fans to stay around for a few more years so be ready to hear quite a lot from him in the future.