Quantcast

TV Ratings: Grammy Awards Hit New Lows in Early Numbers

jdecision21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,682 18,973 9,273
Alleybux
Good. People are struggling economically and don't have time to watch a bunch of rich people give themselves a pat on the back.

jdecision21

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,682 18,973 9,273
Alleybux
TV ratings will only go down cause many people watch it on the internet and others only catch up with what’s up on their feeds. Idk why do they keep making articles like these after every award show.

Plus nowadays there are many other ways fans can see their favorite artists. Back then it was a big deal cause you could only see them perform/ give an interview if you turned your tv on, with social media artists barely care to please traditional outlets other than when they’re campaigning for awards.

The CBS ratings include streaming apps and the company's own service. People are just sick of these folks.

CoronaPrincessAthruZ

Fried pickles and Italian beefcakes
Reaction score
Reactions
147,736 12,547 3,418
Alleybux
I have no idea who else won but I do know Megan won 3 and beyonce won a few which tells me everything I need to know. Blinding lights was the biggest hit year and is still top 3 in the charts. Why wasn't the weekend nominated? I'm not even a fan like that.

Since when did any recent beyonce or Megan songs make any sort of cultural impact? Megan is all hype and can't chart without support from bey and cardi. Even the savage song was sort of a hit - it was on the radio briefly and thats it. Beyonce getting awarded for that horrible black parade? Did anyone eben stream that.

Mermaid_Ram

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,562 857 381
Alleybux
Bts fans gave up watching the award after bts didn't win their award on the pre Grammy show so alot of them watch the performance on youtube after.

That is why you have this

Like their viewership was going to make a huge difference even if they had won. I actually LAUGHED when I found out they had lost. Those stans need to realize not only do streams & YouTube views ≠ wins, but their appearance will not get the show back to 1990s viewership numbers.

Like others have said, awards shows in general are dying. There is so much political BS behind it, even those in the industries themselves are calling it out and boycotting them.

Jenn1984

Purple Moon
Reaction score
Reactions
81,113 2,300 286
Alleybux
Nobody watches the Grammy's anymore! Hell nobody watches award shows period, they be looking at the clips on social media or YouTube now

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,612 21,357 16,211
Alleybux
I have no idea who else won but I do know Megan won 3 and beyonce won a few which tells me everything I need to know. Blinding lights was the biggest hit year and is still top 3 in the charts. Why wasn't the weekend nominated? I'm not even a fan like that.

Since when did any recent beyonce or Megan songs make any sort of cultural impact? Megan is all hype and can't chart without support from bey and cardi. Even the savage song was sort of a hit - it was on the radio briefly and thats it. Beyonce getting awarded for that horrible black parade? Did anyone eben stream that.
Right, neither songs deserved to win a Grammy. Megan(although I like her) can’t really get a hit unless it first goes viral on tik tok and there’s a dance to it. And Beyoncé has been relevant music wise in probably a decade and haven’t gotten a single hit in around a decade. It’s clear that these artist are getting these awards through connections. And that goes for all of them not just Bey and Megan.

CicelyTyson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,666 2,282 946
Alleybux
Nobody cares about those RIGGED ass award shows! Getting a Grammy isn’t even anything to brag about anymore. People have caught on to the tap dancing and can’t wait when they get rid of it.

CicelyTyson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,666 2,282 946
Alleybux

It’s so obvious and people have caught on. It’s a joke, regardless if that’s your fave. The majority outside of LSA don’t CARE