Quantcast

tv show "power" and movie "belly" regarded as classics

PlumpRump

Sacred.
Reaction score
Reactions
53,660 2,477 2,371
Alleybux
at&t suggested "belly" in light of dmx's demise and i was trying to watch it for the first time in my life since its considered a "hood classic"

not even 30 minutes into the movie -- a 16 year old talking about performing fellatio on a grown man.

same thing with "power" -- the part where kanaan, played by 50 cent, says "the best piece of @$$" he ever got was from an "underaged hottie" in miami.

what is the obsession with including this type of stuff in shows and movies?

sh!t is sick and doesn't show that the character is "evil" - like what some supporters say, esp when the rest of the movie or show humanizes or redeems the character in other ways.

it is very strange, and i've found that many black men and women who praise these kinds of shows and movies as "great" works also are the type to say ignorant things about young girls/boys who are being taken advantage of by adults and defend the ppl doing it in real life.

making this bold since yall triggered.

@Ashley1990
@MsChoc
@shaun john

Last edited:

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,548 33,084 27,393
Alleybux
at&t suggested "belly" in light of dmx's demise and i was trying to watch it for the first time in my life since its considered a "hood classic"

not even 30 minutes into the movie -- a 16 year old talking about performing fellatio on a grown man.

same thing with "power" -- the part where kanaan, played by 50 cent, says "the best piece of @$$" he ever got was from an "underaged hottie" in miami.

what is the obsession with including this type of stuff in shows and movies?

sh!t is sick and doesn't show that the character is "evil" - like what some supporters say, esp when the rest of the movie or show humanizes or redeems the character in other ways.

it is very strange, and i;ve found that many black men and women who praise these kinds of shows and movies as "great" works also are the type to say ignorant things about young girls/boys who are being taken advantage of by adults and defend the ppl doing it.
Is it wrong? Yes but let's be honest thats hood culture and those movies depict that particular life in black america

PlumpRump

Sacred.
Reaction score
Reactions
53,660 2,477 2,371
Alleybux
Is it wrong? Yes but let's be honest thats hood culture and those movies depict that particular life in black america
i think it encourages, glorifies and perpetuates it in some ways.

they could have just as easily made the girl 18 or 21...which was probably closer to the actresses actual age anyways.