Quantcast

Twitter responds to Rage Against The Machine fans who are surprised they’re a political band following pro-Palestine message

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,177 274,767 8,222
Alleybux
RATM-Promo.jpg

Twitter responds to RATM fans who are surprised they’re a political band following pro-Palestine message

Rage Against The Machine are trending after seemingly reminding some surprised Twitter users of their politics.

After Rage Against The Machine fans responded in their hundreds and thousands online last June when many people on the internet were apparently confused and surprised about the band’s political leanings, Rage are once again trending on Twitter having spoken out about the current Israel-Palestine conflict.

The rap-metal activists shared a statement of solidarity with the people of Palestine on May 13, after at least 83 Palestinians and seven people in Israel were killed (according to the BBC).

“The violence and atrocities we are witnessing in Sheikh Jarrah, the Al Aqsa compound and Gaza are a continuation of decades of Israel’s brutal apartheid and violent occupation of Palestine,” they said. “We stand with the Palestinian people as they resist this colonial terror in all its forms.”

LINK

Additionally, the @RATM Twitter account – which is run with the band’s “blessing” – reposted the statement with the pre-emptive comment of, “Awaiting the ‘stay out of politics’ and ‘stick to music’.”

LINK

Of course, Twitter users were quick to respond – both positively and negatively – to this message, with @RATM sharing one particularly amusing post by @CharlTaylorPage (which has been retweeted 11,000 times at the time of writing): “Dying because Rage Against the Machine posted a message in support of Palestine and people are telling them to stay out of politics and calling them woke. WHAT DID YOU THINK THE MACHINE WAS a fµck!ng washer dryer??”

Other fans highlighted just how unsurprising Rage’s statement was. “Rage Against the Machine wrote in support of Palestine?!?” commented @NojTheCynic. “Geez, what’s next? Are the Red Hot Chili Peppers going to come out and say they’re from California?”

“[Your] annual reminder that Rage Against the Machine are a political band,” @kelly_welles said. “The clue is in the name so I probably wouldn’t be shocked if they make political statements.”

See the internet’s response below:

LINK

LINK

LINK

CecilX

the universe in ecstatic motion
Reaction score
Reactions
19,877 398 10
Alleybux
This is almost an annual ritual on Twitter. I can’t name one song but I do know who they’re raging against. LOL.

wanderwoman

alleybuxstrugglelife
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
319,314 7,868 3,410
Alleybux
The people who do this every year are trolling. They know what the band, the name, the music are all about. They are just attention whores.

Sekitimes

Zyquan Twitty
Reaction score
Reactions
11,334 264 7
Alleybux
If there was ever an answer to..

"Tell me you've never listened to RATM without telling me you've never listened to RATM"

Purplerain77

Analogue gurl in a digital world
Reaction score
Reactions
40,519 1,334 861
Alleybux
I love the idiot who said “I used to love RATM untill they got all political and WOKE” LMAO

WTF do you think they have been singing about for 20+ years jackass? Do these stupid, emptyheaded fools even listen to the words at all? WTF?

This is a idiocracy. Im convinced.

SeventeenDayze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,485 6,141 6,096
Alleybux
I love the idiot who said “I used to love RATM untill they got all political and WOKE” LMAO

WTF do you think they have been singing about for 20+ years jackass? Do these stupid, emptyheaded fools even listen to the words at all? WTF?

This is a idiocracy. Im convinced.
How do you listen to Guerrilla Radio and think they're talking about running errands on a Sunday afternoon LOL

Pennyless

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
32,675 848 37
Alleybux

Guns 'n Roses were a buch of misogynist pricks
Most of David Lynch movies are weird
If you're not breathing you're probably dead!