Tyler Perry’s movie formula

Tonya Cruzr
Reactions
45,938 1,881 1,048
Alleybux
Rape/molest underline in someone’s past

Cheating/abuse in someone’s relationship

Madea acts crazy and says a quote with a bible verse (the blk Christians love this)

Someone breaks free of something

Subpar/entry level acting skills

Usually a predictable ending

Reactions
2,455 38 23
Alleybux
I stopped watching Madea/Tyler Perry movies a long time ago. Same thing over and over. I hope he comes out with something fresh.

i chose to be this way
Reactions
113,149 1,930 333
Alleybux
If you can do better, no one is stopping you. Tyler started writing plays while he was homeless and living in his car.
Tyler Perry is not above reprieve. What he's been able to accomplish is phenomenal, but almost all of his movies have the same formula.

DELETE ACCOUNT
Reactions
186,339 4,737 5,339
Alleybux
Tyler Perry is not above reprieve. What he's been able to accomplish is phenomenal, but almost all of his movies have the same formula.
Tyler doesn't have to answer to anyone. If you don't like his work, don't support it, or make your own, if you can. Those who can't do better really aren't in a position to criticize anyone.

Reactions
92,895 2,148 915
Alleybux
My mom says The family that preys is a good movie though. I never watched it. Is it the same Tyler Perry's movie formula?

By the way, she never watched other movies by him.

MyTruthMatters
Reactions
30,056 798 629
Alleybux

Madea acts crazy and says a quote with a bible verse (the blk Christians love this)

Drug abuse and a bougie self absorbed relative who forgot where they came from

Reactions
24,998 438 164
Alleybux

You forgot the drug addict and some type of disease or other ailment

Reactions
24,998 438 164
Alleybux
My mom says The family that preys is a good movie though. I never watched it. Is it the same Tyler Perry's movie formula?

By the way, she never watched other movies by him.

It was very good, his best if u ask me. Not the same formula, but very small bits and pieces of the usual. Kathy Bates and Alfred Woodard were phenomenal. I could've done without side story

i chose to be this way
Reactions
113,149 1,930 333
Alleybux
Tyler doesn't have to answer to anyone. If you don't like his work, don't support it, or make your own, if you can. Those who can't do better really aren't in a position to criticize anyone.
No one is questioning him. As consumers, are we not allowed to criticize things that we watch? I don't understand why you're coming at me like this. Are you Tyler?

I hope I never see you in a thread critiquing a show or a movie, because I'll say the same mess to you as you've done to me.

i chose to be this way
Reactions
113,149 1,930 333
Alleybux
I'm tired of black people ragging on successful black people for shits and giggles. Pick a nonblack to drag or shut the fuck up.

And you don't have to see me in any thread. Put me on ignore. I'll put you on there too. Dueces.
I hope you have a blessed day, because something is seriously wrong with you.

Reactions
50,801 887 455
Alleybux
So y’all wasn’t shocked when the crack head momma came into the church housing singing father can you hear me? That was an iconic moment and the plot twist of the century

Tonya Cruzr
Reactions
45,938 1,881 1,048
Alleybux
So y’all wasn’t shocked when the crack head momma came into the church housing singing father can you hear me? That was an iconic moment and the plot twist of the century
I literally remember seeing that movie in theaters and the whole theater turned into a loud church.... lesson learned, never see a madea movie opening night.... ever.

Trending Threads

The Culture

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Overweight women not being attracted to and clowning overweight men
Male or female, you can't fat shame others when you're doing the same yourself. You can't ask for what you can't give. And yeah, I've seen both...
Passport Cutty & Tahoe Podcast
As I’m listening to this melodramatic shit I keep reminding myself that this is a 50yr old fucking man. 50. That’s crying about internet...
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
I am not a gun person, but Purdey rifles are special and they would have been a meaningful gift from Prince Philip to Harry. Harry selling them...
Experience shopping with SHEIN??
Anyone ever returned items? Do you return them in the bag they came in?
BBC creativy diversity boss says Idris Elba as Luther 'not Black enough'
Luther is one of my favorite shows. Not one time did I watch the series and think about race or how Black he was suppose to be. I'm starting...
Y'all watch JustJazzy6?
She sounds dumb as hell Lesley ”asked for a baby”. How a broke nijja ask for anything? Jas please come on here and say some shit that makes sense.
Buy a into a home/condo and have your student loans forgiven for 5-10 years
No. It doesn't help the poor and will widen existing inequalities. Only those in position to have good credit, and savings in the bank will be...
Kanye West Yeezy’s most valuable sneaker in HISTORY!
Most of those shoes ugly af. However, I do like the foam runners in the sand color.
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
Our prayers have been answered!!! Take that f’ing beany off Henry! Now the question is, the pap was there yesterday because they called him or...
Top Bottom