Quantcast

Tyson Fury v Deontay Wilder III will not happen in 2020 as Briton plans home fight in December

TheEqualizer

Greatness Only...
Reaction score
Reactions
34,185 5,428 16,604
Alleybux
Tyson Fury says he has "moved on" from facing Deontay Wilder for a third time in December and will instead be "coming home" to fight.

NINTCHDBPICT000565289453-e1582797370795.jpg

Fury, 32, won the WBC world heavyweight title from Wilder in February following a draw between the pair in 2018.

Their third bout was slated for July and later aimed at October before plans emerged for a December fight in the US.

"I agreed to 19 December," Fury said. "Then they tried to change the date again into next year."

Fury told The Athletic: "I've been training. I'm ready. When they tried moving off 19 December and pushing to next year, enough was enough. I've moved on."

The British heavyweight has since tweeted he was "coming home" and pointed to December for his next fight. He has not competed in the UK since August 2018 with his last four bouts taking place in the US.

Reports in the US suggest the date by which a third fight had to be agreed has now lapsed but that Wilder still hopes to find an agreement.

Fury has recently moved trainer SugarHill Steward into his Morecambe home to oversee training and those close to him have picked out 5 December as a potential date for his next fight.

Over the weekend, Fury's promoter in the US - Bob Arum - said he would "accommodate" his fighter's desire to compete in December.

Should Fury secure a 5 December bout it will arrive a week before the date on which Anthony Joshua is expected to defend his IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles against Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev.

Arum has already stated that a highly-anticipated bout between Fury and Joshua now rests on them both scoring victories if their respective bouts are confirmed before Christmas.

Arum believes the pair could share a ring in the Spring of 2021 in a bout which would be the first in history where all four major heavyweight titles are on the line.

"I am the best fighter in the world," Fury added. "And before the end of 2021, I will be the only man on this earth with a heavyweight championship belt."

Any bouts for Fury or Joshua in December, as well as the prospect of a fight between the two Britons early next year, will likely come up against the added challenges presented by the coronavirus pandemic.

Major fights have so far been staged behind closed doors and the absence of fans has the potential to reduce the amount fighters can earn.

I will not face Wilder in 2020 - Fury

TheEqualizer

Greatness Only...
Reaction score
Reactions
34,185 5,428 16,604
Alleybux
LOL, I had to break my hiatus to post this.

I said there’s no third fight time ago, yet some weird gay scammer & some unhinged font that post repetitive long essays kept arguing with me. LOL. This forum does turn some people into hallucinating bellends. LOL. And just cos you stalk people all over social media & parrot little information they want you know – that doesn’t mean you know anything.

I’ll also say: stop thinking you know people based on fake/fraudulent tea you lot make up in your heads on here cos you don’t know sh!t...especially, when it comes to people who’re very private/introverted & are from a certain background.

Countdown to the Battle of Britain! However, this time – the last few months has magnified a racial divide that has always been there. It would be interesting to see if they would market the fight based on the racial divide – or just the loud fat gypo vs the black guy with the clean image. Can’t wait!

ETA: don’t bring your negativity to this thread. I’m not interested in your fake news/tea & inane symbolic social justice warrior crap that doesn’t change anything in the scheme of things – apart from dumb group internet posts. Focus on your lives & fix up...and stay out of other people’s private lives.

Stay humble & clean hearts always win. 2x & soon to be UNDISPUTED! LOL.

Out of here, man! LOL

Anothername

Groaners gonna groan
Reaction score
Reactions
6,743 200 89
Alleybux
I don't think Wilder wanted a third fight anyways

He should not have wanted a third fight. He should have wanted counseling...xesual assault is very traumatic. And when fury violated him like that I think I dropped a tear... That was the saddest fight I've ever watched and I have been watching boxing since birth(and I am no spring chicken) my daddy is a fanatic... That was just disturbing to me... Hell I still feel some kind of way about that lick shyt so I'ma make a pretty safe bet and say Wilder does too... He would probably catch a case if he was actually face2face w/dude... Gross ass bastard...

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,464 21,164 10,194
Alleybux
He fired his trainer last I read, he needs to find a real trainer who can help him beat a bigger stronger fighter. Larry Holmes would be a good choice.