Quantcast

Unlicensed Houston 'beauty consultant' charged with manslaughter after woman dies from silicone butt injections

40 Acres and a MULE

Madonna, JT, Elvis benefited from white privilege!
Reaction score
Reactions
157,076 9,090 2,094
Alleybux

Unlicensed Houston 'beauty consultant' charged with manslaughter after woman dies from silicone injections​

The victim reportedly left short of breath and coughing up blood. She tried to get a refund from Lisa Fernandez but died several days later, court documents show.

HOUSTON — A Houston woman is charged with manslaughter after administering silicone injections without a license during a procedure that killed a woman, according to court documents.

Lisa Fernandez, 47, was arrested Tuesday after police said a woman died from silicone butt injections she got on April 24, 2018.

Fernandez obtained the silicone through illegal means and administered it incorrectly, according to court documents.

Investigators said the victim had scheduled two appointments with Fernandez, during which she experienced intense pain. A witness told police the first injection left the victim feeling sick, but she returned the next day for a second round after she was refused a refund.

The victim experienced so much pain during the second visit that the procedure had to be stopped multiple times, court officials said. Police said Fernandez administered the silicone into the victim with a syringe.

The victim reportedly left short of breath and coughing up blood. She was admitted into the emergency room at a local hospital, but she went home before the evaluation was finished.

She tried again to get her money back and was told "no refunds," court officials said.

Police said the victim was soon readmitted to the hospital, where she died on April 30, 2018.

The cause of death was ruled as complications from a silicone pulmonary embolism and homicide detectives were called in to investigate, according to the court.

On Tuesday, Fernandez was arrested for a traffic violation. She allegedly didn't have a driver's license.

Witnesses identified Fernandez as the suspect in the 2018 homicide case during a photo lineup, the court said.

Investigators said Fernandez admitted to knowing the woman had been hospitalized but didn't accompany her to the emergency room to explain to doctors how the procedure was performed or details about the substance used.

In court records, Fernandez was identified as a "beauty consultant" who had been working out of her home since 2004.

Fernandez appeared in court Wednesday morning, where a judge set her bail at $40,000. She was denied a personal bond.

A3DFB072-04F7-46A0-AEEB-7FC3BC9AB28B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bookdragon

do no harm but take no crap
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
180,189 3,448 756
Alleybux
She definitely deserves prison but my God. The deceased (idk if you can even rightfully call her a victim) was in excruciating pain and went back for a second round? In someone's home? Who looks like that? I'm sorry but there's no way she 100% believed she would survive this. She willingly risked her life for butt shots.

40 Acres and a MULE

Madonna, JT, Elvis benefited from white privilege!
Reaction score
Reactions
157,076 9,090 2,094
Alleybux
She definitely deserves prison but my God. The deceased (idk if you can even rightfully call her a victim) was in excruciating pain and went back for a second round? In someone's home? Who looks like that? I'm sorry but there's no way she 100% believed she would survive this. She willingly risked her life for butt shots.
Ohkae!

Incokneegrow

<span style="font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;
Reaction score
Reactions
525,811 16,846 5,593
Alleybux
why the fµck wouldn anyone get any procedure done from someone who look like that. lawdhammercy

Auntie Iyanla

Saving heaux
Reaction score
Reactions
239,653 6,000 546
Alleybux
The deceased needed adult supervision. Because the only direction I'm going if I see someone who looks like THAT is the other way! My Lord!

ExquisiteMelanin

Supporting Abused women regardless of race
Reaction score
Reactions
183,750 3,098 2,605
Alleybux
The deceased needed adult supervision. Because the only direction I'm going if I see someone who looks like THAT is the other way! My Lord!

People need to take their lives seriously.If you don't know, ask questions. Ask those with real credentials if one must do these things. Some people act as if injecting themselves with foreign substances is like changing socks or something. Um, its your life.

Ladidadi

Justice for Takeoff
Reaction score
Reactions
90,277 3,704 475
Alleybux
Why tf would you trust anybody that looks like that to do any type of cosmetic procedure on you?

I Love Meth

Jesus Doesn’t Love You & Neither Does Mommy
Reaction score
Reactions
25,563 1,545 637
Alleybux
What is it about having an unidentified substance injected in your buttocks at a shady motel by a deformed cat lady/man that is so attractive to so many people? She/he could be injecting gasoline, peanut oil, velveeta cheese, baby oil, or who knows what else into your buttocks and telling you it’s silicone. Having a plump rump is truly never that serious. Save up to go to a licensed plastic surgeon, work out at the gym, or simply wear butt pads.

dibbledabble

Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
48,685 1,968 446
Alleybux

Unlicensed Houston 'beauty consultant' charged with manslaughter after woman dies from silicone injections​

The victim reportedly left short of breath and coughing up blood. She tried to get a refund from Lisa Fernandez but died several days later, court documents show.

Author: Ciara Rouege (KHOU)
Published: 3:34 PM CST November 17, 2021
Updated: 3:34 PM CST November 17, 2021
HOUSTON — A Houston woman is charged with manslaughter after administering silicone injections without a license during a procedure that killed a woman, according to court documents.
Lisa Fernandez, 47, was arrested Tuesday after police said a woman died from silicone butt injections she got on April 24, 2018.
Fernandez obtained the silicone through illegal means and administered it incorrectly, according to court documents.
Investigators said the victim had scheduled two appointments with Fernandez, during which she experienced intense pain. A witness told police the first injection left the victim feeling sick, but she returned the next day for a second round after she was refused a refund.
The victim experienced so much pain during the second visit that the procedure had to be stopped multiple times, court officials said. Police said Fernandez administered the silicone into the victim with a syringe.

The victim reportedly left short of breath and coughing up blood. She was admitted into the emergency room at a local hospital, but she went home before the evaluation was finished.

She tried again to get her money back and was told "no refunds," court officials said.

Police said the victim was soon readmitted to the hospital, where she died on April 30, 2018.

The cause of death was ruled as complications from a silicone pulmonary embolism and homicide detectives were called in to investigate, according to the court.

On Tuesday, Fernandez was arrested for a traffic violation. She allegedly didn't have a driver's license.

Witnesses identified Fernandez as the suspect in the 2018 homicide case during a photo lineup, the court said.

Investigators said Fernandez admitted to knowing the woman had been hospitalized but didn't accompany her to the emergency room to explain to doctors how the procedure was performed or details about the substance used.

In court records, Fernandez was identified as a "beauty consultant" who had been working out of her home since 2004.
Fernandez appeared in court Wednesday morning, where a judge set her bail at $40,000. She was denied a personal bond.
View attachment 3094075
i wouldnt let anything that looked like this touch me anyways Looking like Andre the Giant..rip to the lady that passed

greatnana

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,077 2,279 302
Alleybux
Its not 2010 anymore, everyone should know the dangers of these back alley beauty consultants and these back alley butt shots.

May the deceased rip, but the writing was on the wall.

LeBronFan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,803 2,676 1,826
Alleybux
This is another sad report this week.
Nothing funny about the report, cause similar reports keep showing up each year.

I believe ladies should embrace their natural body.

Through eating constructive food items, weekly consistent exercise.
Consistent daily sleep needed for the body and mind.
And exploring activities that improve their mental health.

A person's life is actually valuable.
And more valuable than harming one's own health, just to achieve a physical attribute people might or might not admire.
Just my personal thoughts and views (11/17/2021).
Peace.
:peace

DonnaPupetta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,729 8,000 17,633
Alleybux
i blame the kardashians and hip/hop rap culture for this.

i remember back when men were about breasts....

this generation and their obsession with fake asses smh.....

i wish i could feel sorry for the woman who wanted butt injections but i just dont.

You

I'm not from Philadelphia, okay?
Reaction score
Reactions
101,036 3,066 626
Alleybux
Credit:

Atlanta Black Star

‘Causes Massive Blood Clots’: Houston Woman Charged In the Death of St. Louis Mother of Three Following Botched Surgical Procedure​

Thu, November 25, 2021, 2:30 PM

Lisa Fernandez, a self-titled beauty consultant based in Houston, Texas, was arrested last week for illegally administering silicone butt injections into a St. Louis woman who later died as a result of complications due to the procedure.

According to KHOU-TV, Fernandez was charged with manslaughter after being arrested last Tuesday, Nov. 16, for the 2018 death of Marja McClendon, after prosecutors say the 38-year-old traveled from St. Louis to the Texas city to receive her first round of injections at Fernandez’s apartment on April 24, 2018.

McClendon had reportedly been complaining after falling ill after the procedure and requested a refund from Fernandez, but the 47-year-old reportedly refused. Unable to receive her money back, the now-deceased woman returned the next day for her second round of injections.

Lisa Fernandez of Houston, Texas, charged with the death of St. Louis mother of three after she died three years ago following a botched surgical procedure. Photo: screenshot/FOX 26 Houston YouTube page

Lisa Fernandez of Houston, Texas, charged with the death of St. Louis mother of three after she died three years ago following a botched surgical procedure. Photo: screenshot/FOX 26 Houston YouTube page

According to the news station, an unidentified witness told authorities that the self-proclaimed beauty consultant paused several times throughout the procedure because McClendon was suffering from severe pain. She allegedly had trouble breathing and started to cough up blood.

McClendon went to the emergency room, but reportedly left before her medical evaluation was completed, according to court documents obtained by KHOU-TV. When she returned home to Missouri, she visited Saint Louis University Hospital where she later died on April 30, 2018. Medical examiners concluded that the woman died from a “silicone pulmonary embolism,” which is blockage of a blood vessel.

McClendon’s uncle Calvin Arnold told ABC13, the mother of three “loved her children.” He added, “She was just an outgoing person, loved to have fun and she loved her family.”

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says that “injectable silicone is permanent and stays in your body.” Dr. Matthew Greives, with the UTHealth Houston/Memorial, explained that silicone was not approved by the agency because it “ travels in your bloodstream to your heart and your lungs and it causes a massive blood clot. And composed of silicone in your lungs and which is in many cases fatal.”

Two of McClendon’s kids are now under the care of her sister, Deshonna Arnold. “I’ve been the mom, the auntie, and all of the above. It’s been really hard,” she told the news station, before stating it wasn’t the first time her sister had surgery like this one done.

“She got them done before, in Houston. So that wasn’t her first go around here, but apparently, it was her last,” she added.

Fernandez was connected to McClendon’s death after she confessed to her actions and later admitted she was unlicensed when she was arrested for driving without her license last week. She had allegedly been illegally carrying out these procedures from her home since 2004, prosecutors revealed. Harris County Assistant District Attorney implored Fernandez’s other potential victims to come forward.

“We are concerned — cause this is a trend right now to receive buttock injections — that there may be other victims. We would encourage anyone to come forward who has received buttock injections,” said Harris County Assistant District Attorney Nancy Ta during a news conference.

Fernandez appeared in court the day after her arrest, where a judge set her bail at $40,000 and ordered that she cannot perform any unlicensed medical or cosmetic procedure. She was denied a personal bond. The FDA has reportedly launched an investigation into Fernandez’s crimes.

McClendon’s uncle Calvin Arnold warned others about against taking this route to beautify themselves.

“It is not worth it. It’s not worth it. I tell anybody that’s listening. It’s not worth taking a chance and putting a foreign object in your body that could possibly take your life.”

CHEEZITQUEEN

King Tutan-Con-Man and his Felonious Bunch
Reaction score
Reactions
79,972 1,975 684
Alleybux
When are women (and men) going to stop going to these back alley butchers and non-licensed charlatans?

I've had a pulmonary emboli, so I know how frightened she must have felt not being able to catch a breath, and labored just to breathe regularly.

RIP Marja

saucinonyou

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
334,077 11,146 3,204
Alleybux
Didn't we hear about this person before killing another patient? Or was it someone else? I see that they all get high off their own supply, being walking billboards of their botchery and foolishness.

MissPoohbear

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
59,067 2,313 1,702
Alleybux
So instead of seeking medical help after the first round when she felt ill she went to get a second round because she could not get her money back, instead of prioritizing her health SMH.

guccicucci99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,905 4,147 2,995
Alleybux
i tell my peoples…
View attachment 3117497

But leave the ass shots, and BBLs alone.
Big Ange is Big Dead from a rare cancer that came from only God knows where this is not a good example because her body was assembled from factory and aftermarket parts.

Why go back the second day why not go to the hospital?!

I am sorry but I do not feel like back alley surgeons or drug dealers should be charged with murder because people literally know what they’re getting into.

It’s the difference between going to Knottsberry Farms with OSHA and state regulators on site vs a carnival in a strip mall parking lot where the guy setting the ride up got a crack pipe behind his ear and lives in an RV.

Cookie202

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
140,682 2,200 690
Alleybux
Very sad but many women will continue to get these back alley butt shots regardless. If you're going to get work done, get it done the right way at least. Go to a licensed professional at an accredited medical facility or office. When you try to cut corners and costs, this is often the result sadly.

All of this to have a big ass. Smh. I've shared on here before about how close I was to getting a bbl a few months ago but canceled the surgery ultimately. Now I'm in the gym consistently, lifting weights and steadily doing squats and seeing some nice results so far.

I rather put in the work than take shortcuts and it's paying off.

These illegal butt shots just aren't worth it. Putting your life at risk just to have a bigger butt. I feel bad for this woman's kids who lost their mom over something so senseless.

I Love Meth

Jesus Doesn’t Love You & Neither Does Mommy
Reaction score
Reactions
25,563 1,545 637
Alleybux
Why did it take three years to charge her? Just like the other thread on her/him, no matter how badly you want a procedure done, please just save up until you can afford to get it done by the best, most experienced plastic surgeons with great track records. Having a big butt, big breasts, small waist, or whatever else is not worth losing your life or even “just” getting botched for. Her kids now have to grow up without a mom over back alley plastic surgery gone wrong. These back alley plastic surgeons need to be made an example of and given life in prison because they’re out here playing with people’s lives. I hope her children are able to heal from the traumatic loss of their mother at the hands of this clown.

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,596 21,357 16,210
Alleybux
Why do these women keep getting these back alley procedures by “women” who look terrible themselves? Like seriously, who would look at this “woman” and be like “Im going to let this person cut into/inject something into me”.

:Axel:

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,858 1,016 619
Alleybux
Look if this lady was not proclaiming to be part of a legitimate clinic (did she rent out a legitimate-looking office space, have fake degrees plastered on walls, etc) then I'm sorry the victim bears a lot of responsibility. She got more shots because she couldnt get a refund despite having issues, she left the emergency room before the real professionals could finish evaluating her the first time..just bad decision after bad decision. This hack needs her ass beat but I'm more concerned about the back alley doctors that actually scam people. This wasn't a scam.

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,912 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
I don’t like going to legit five star licensed doctors so how people agree to these psychos touching them is beyond me comprehension.

Eccentric Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,124 305 247
Alleybux
While agree that ol girl deserves to be locked up, at what point are these people, who voluntarily get these “procedures,” held accountable? Why are you risking your life for these illegal, risky procedures?

Kelly Price

High as hell & long winded
Reaction score
Reactions
89,747 3,075 1,568
Alleybux
Even in 2018. The risk were known. Hell people been talking about BLack market cosmetic surgery since the tyra show. Like if you're still out here goin to a hotel room getting butt shots or whatever. The blame is equally on you.

racoonspoons

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,969 1,310 3
Alleybux
Big Ange is Big Dead from a rare cancer that came from only God knows where this is not a good example because her body was assembled from factory and aftermarket parts.
??? Big Ang was a heavy smoker of cigars and cigarettes for most of her life. I think she said she was smoking since she was 14/15 years old and didn't kick the habit until her diagnosis. You think the cosmetic work gave her cancer somehow?

guccicucci99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,905 4,147 2,995
Alleybux
??? Big Ang was a heavy smoker of cigars and cigarettes for most of her life. I think she said she was smoking since she was 14/15 years old and didn't kick the habit until her diagnosis. You think the cosmetic work gave her cancer somehow?
Cancer has been proven to come from basically a cornucopia of environmental and biological factors unless it is directly related to exposure to certain types of radioactive substances or certain chemicals or genetic components. No, I don’t think the cosmetic work “gave her cancer somehow”, but I do feel that having foreign objects and foreign substances in your body (including transplanted organs) heavily impacts your immune system and can be a contributing factor to any type of illness and increases its likelihood of overwhelming your body and thus increasing your mortality rate.