Quantcast

Unpacking Islam

Helwa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,681 1,837 1,457
Alleybux
Response: The hadiths says Whoever "KEEPS" a dog. So a Muslim who "keeps" a dog is halal and rewarded, including pets. You lose. Try again.

Allah is great.
Re read it. It says a qirat will be deducted from their good deeds of they keep a dog. Which means they are losing blessings.

Helwa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,681 1,837 1,457
Alleybux
Response: The hadiths says Whoever "KEEPS" a dog. So a Muslim who "keeps" a dog is halal and rewarded, including pets. You lose. Try again.

Allah is great.
Here's another hadith which mentions dogs will not enter the house where dogs are.

I heard Allah's Apostle(P.B.U.H) saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)." [Hadith - Bukhari 3:515 (ref)]

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
Re read it. It says a qirat will be deducted from their good deeds of they keep a dog. Which means they are losing blessings.
Response: Yes. A qirat is for those to keep a dog and rewarded. Allah is great

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
Here's another hadith which mentions dogs will not enter the house where dogs are.

I heard Allah's Apostle(P.B.U.H) saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)." [Hadith - Bukhari 3:515 (ref)]
Response: Yes. This is a weak hadith in Nisai

: Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 4672

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
Are you telling Bukhari is weak?

Ok. You should really learn your deen.

The hadith is sahih and authenticated by most scholars
Response: No. This is also narrated by Abu Talha in Sahih Muslim who is reliable and says that when narrated to the Prophet, Aisha herself said "NO, about Angels and dogs (Sahih Muslim Book 24 Num 5254). Bukhari and Muslim are authentic. Furthermore, Abu Talha is narrated by Al-Amash in Bukhari, and Al-Amash is a weak narrator. Look up Al-Amash in the hadith.

So saying that an Angel should not enter the house of a dog by Bukhari is a weak hadith because it was narrated by Al-Amash, who is a weak narrator.

Allah is the greatest.

Last edited:

rhjunkie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,153 865 625
Alleybux
Response: Yes. A qirat is for those to keep a dog and rewarded. Allah is great
You are literally saying the opposite of the verse in question. I had to google what a qirat was to be sure but the version clearly states that your good deeds will be lessened each day that you keep a dog as a pet unless it's for the purpose of farming or herding.

As for the OP, you probably dodged a bullet with that boyfriend. He shouldn't be dating a non-Musim if he isn't open minded and patient with questions you may have in learning in the religion. That said, this thread seems to be with ill intent. You cannot study any religion over such a short period of time, not months and certainly not days. There are always varying interpretation of things, even more so when you get into scholar interpretation of text that's in another language. You can't just Youtube some videos and think you get the full picture or read some versus and get the entire picture - verses aren't standalone commentary on any given subject and in any religious texts, subjects are likely mentioned throughout. You have to assess the collection of verses regarding a topic and not isolate them as you devoid it of context which is a requirement to understanding anything you read. Just in proximity to Muslims, I can tell that a lot of the statements made in the original post are highly suspect and likely incorrect.

With any religion, there is space to debate and criticize but you're doing a disservice to the conversation if you aren't doing genuine work to research before having these conversations.

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
Response: No. This is also narrated by Abu Talha in Sahih Muslim who is reliable and says that when narrated to the Prophet, Aisha herself said "NO, about Angels and dogs (Sahih Muslim Book 24 Num 5254). Bukhari and Muslim are authentic.

Allah is the greatest.

You are literally saying the opposite of the verse in question. I had to google what a qirat was to be sure but the version clearly states that your good deeds will be lessened each day that you keep a dog as a pet unless it's for the purpose of farming or herding.

As for the OP, you probably dodged a bullet with that boyfriend. He shouldn't be dating a non-Musim if he isn't open minded and patient with questions you may have in learning in the religion. That said, this thread seems to be with ill intent. You cannot study any religion over such a short period of time, not months and certainly not days. There are always varying interpretation of things, even more so when you get into scholar interpretation of text that's in another language. You can't just Youtube some videos and think you get the full picture or read some versus and get the entire picture - verses aren't standalone commentary on any given subject and in any religious texts, subjects are likely mentioned throughout. You have to assess the collection of verses regarding a topic and not isolate them as you devoid it of context which is a requirement to understanding anything you read. Just in proximity to Muslims, I can tell that a lot of the statements made in the original post are highly suspect and likely incorrect.

With any religion, there is space to debate and criticize but you're doing a disservice to the conversation if you aren't doing genuine work to research before having these conversations.
Responses: The Qur'an and hadith says to have a dog, unless you show from the Qur'an and Hadith otherwise.

It also says to have a "tamed" dog in Bukhari Vol 1 Book 4 Num 175. So yes, you can have a tamed dog. As for a payment for money "qirat", the Prophet "forbade" the payment in Bukhari Vol 7 Book 71 Num 656. So you have have a tamed dog, even by hunting, farming and livestock.

Others you are untamed and become violent are killed.

Last edited:

rhjunkie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,153 865 625
Alleybux
Responses: The Qur'an and hadith says to have a dog, unless you show from the Qur'an and Hadith otherwise.

It also says to have a "tamed" dog in Bukhari Vol 1 Book 4 Num 175. So yes, you can have a tamed dog. As for a payment for money "qirat", the Prophet "forbade" the payment in Bukhari Vol 7 Book 71 Num 656. So you have have a tamed dog, even by hunting, farming and livestock.

Others you are untamed and become violent are killed.
What do you mean unless stated otherwise? The very verse you provided earlier states otherwise to what you are claiming. Every Muslim person I know has said exactly what Helwa has said. Between reading for myself and speaking with many Muslim people and even googling it, it seems clear to me that you are misinterpreting the text.

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
What do you mean unless stated otherwise? The very verse you provided earlier states otherwise to what you are claiming. Every Muslim person I know has said exactly what Helwa has said. Between reading for myself and speaking with many Muslim people and even googling it, it seems clear to me that you are misinterpreting the text.
Response: What it means is that as a Muslim you can keep a tamed dog in Bukhari Vol 1 Book 4 num 175 and to forbade money or qirat in Bukhari Vol 7 Book 71 Num 656. You lose.

Allah is the greatest

rhjunkie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
113,153 865 625
Alleybux
Response: What it means is that as a Muslim you can keep a tamed dog in Bukhari Vol 1 Book 4 num 175 and to forbade money or qirat in Bukhari Vol 7 Book 71 Num 656. You lose.

Allah is the greatest
Forget it - either you are being unintentionally disingenuous or you don't know your religion as well as you think you do because you are literally the only person among dozens and dozens of people I have spoken with who say otherwise. Your responses literally make no sense and I don't need to be an Islamic scholar to figure that out. The verse says that you will have rewards deducted from your book for each day you keep a dog unless it's for the purpose of farming or herding. K This isn't going anywhere and you aren't bringing any value to ad discussion by falsely repeating yourself so peace out.

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
Forget it - either you are being unintentionally disingenuous or you don't know your religion as well as you think you do because you are literally the only person among dozens and dozens of people I have spoken with who say otherwise. Your responses literally make no sense and I don't need to be an Islamic scholar to figure that out. The verse says that you will have rewards deducted from your book for each day you keep a dog unless it's for the purpose of farming or herding. K This isn't going anywhere and you aren't bringing any value to ad discussion by falsely repeating yourself so peace out.
Response: In other words, Allah is the greatest, as he "forbade" the qirat, which is money, in Sahih Bukhari Vol 7 Book 71 num 656. You lose again.. Allah is the greatest. Thanks for the confirmation.

Roble

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
628 92 74
Alleybux
This is a load of nonsense. I actually went to school to study Islam formally. Learned Arabic, Quran tafseer a d memorized hundreds of hadith.

Aisha was 9 years old when the marriage was consummated. Only in the last 5 years have people tried to say she was 18 because it makes Islam unfavorable to say 9 years old.

Aisha was was 6 when the marriage occurred and 9 when consummated happened.

That was even otk he young wide back then. But let's say it was the norm.

Just because something was the norm, doesn't make it right. Slavery was also the norm, but does it make it any right.

You'd think a messenger of a so called merciful God would know that marrying a child would be wrong.
Slavery is wrong according to who’s standards? your subjective standards? Without God, morality becomes subjective and if your morals are subjective, your argument is irrelevant. Muslims, like all other religions atleast have an objective basis for morality unlike Atheists and Agnostics.

As for his marriage to Aisha رضي الله عنها, the vast majority of Muslims do not deny she was 9 and her age is common knowledge, you didn’t discover anything new. By 7 century standards or pre modern standards, Aisha رضي الله عنها would be considered an Adult since once you reach puberty, you weren’t considered a child no more.

Aisha رضي الله عنها considered herself to be a woman at the age of nine when she stated:

“When the girl reaches nine years of age, she is a woman. (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab: al-Nikah, Bab: Maa Jaa'a fee Ikraah Al Yateemah 'alaa al tazweej, Hadith no. 1027)

Shaikh Abdur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri in his commentary on Sunan al-Tirmidhi said:

Aisha knew (that she hit puberty) when she became nine years old. (Shaikh Abdur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri, Tuhfat AI-Ahwadhi,Kitab: al-Nikah, Bab: Maa Jaa'a fee Ikraah Al Yateemah 'alaa al tazweej, Hadith no. 1027)

That is to say: “I menstruated, and I was brought in a house, and there were some women of the Ansari in it. They said: With good luck and blessing. The tradition of one of them has been included in the other.” (Sunan Abu Dawud Book 41, Hadith 4915)

Maliki Scholar Dawudi:

“And Aishah’s body had been matured. [i.e. reached ‘good Youthfulness’ (Shabaaban husna)] – may Allah be pleased with her" (Sharh Sahih Muslim 9/207 by Imam Nawawi)

Pedophilia by definition is someone who’s xesually attracted to minors who are biologically prepubescent.

There isn’t any evidence that Muhammad ﷺ was xesually attracted to biologically prepubescent children nor is there any evidence that he had xes with one, thus your allegations of “pedophilia” against him is utterly baseless, a lie and a slander Muslims have refuted many times.

Last edited:

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
Slavery is wrong according to who’s standards? your subjective standards? Without God, morality becomes subjective and if your morals are subjective, your argument is irrelevant. Muslims, like all other religions atleast have an objective basis for morality unlike Atheists and Agnostics.

As for his marriage to Aisha رضي الله عنها, the vast majority of Muslims do not deny she was 9 and her age is common knowledge, you didn’t discover anything new. By 7 century standards or pre modern standards, Aisha رضي الله عنها would be considered an Adult since once you reach puberty, you weren’t considered a child no more.

Aisha رضي الله عنها considered herself to be a woman at the age of nine when she stated:

“When the girl reaches nine years of age, she is a woman. (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Kitab: al-Nikah, Bab: Maa Jaa'a fee Ikraah Al Yateemah 'alaa al tazweej, Hadith no. 1027)

Aisha knew (that she hit puberty) when she became nine years old. (Shaikh Abdur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri, Tuhfat AI-Ahwadhi,Kitab: al-Nikah, Bab: Maa Jaa'a fee Ikraah Al Yateemah 'alaa al tazweej, Hadith no. 1027)

That is to say: “I menstruated, and I was brought in a house, and there were some women of the Ansari in it. They said: With good luck and blessing. The tradition of one of them has been included in the other.” (Sunan Abu Dawud Book 41, Hadith 4915)

Maliki Scholar Dawudi:

“And Aishah’s body had been matured. [i.e. reached ‘good Youthfulness’ (Shabaaban husna)] – may Allah be pleased with her" (Sharh Sahih Muslim 9/207 by Imam Nawawi)

Pedophilia by definition is someone who’s xesually attracted to minors who are biologically prepubescent.

There isn’t any evidence that Muhammad ﷺ was xesually attracted to biologically prepubescent children nor is there any evidence that he had xes with one, thus your allegations of “pedophilia” against him is utterly baseless, a lie and a slander Muslims have refuted many times.
Response: Except of every hadith, not one was determined whether the hadith is Sahih, Hasan, or daif. Hence the hadith is not authentic. The one you said is Sahih (authentic) is narrated by Hisham ibn Urwah who was narrated to "the Father". Thus it is a weak hadith as well since no one knows who is the Father.

Therefore, the married with Aisha was not nine, but in Bukhari Vol 3 Book 48 Num 832 and 4:3 marriage to women comfirms it is authentic

You lose. Try again.

Meanwhile, no one still has a clue why the idolatry caused pedophile. May Allah have mercy on us from the pedophile

Last edited:

Roble

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
628 92 74
Alleybux
Response: Except of every hadith, not one was determined whether the hadith is Sahih, Hasan, or daif. Hence the hadith is not authentic. The one you said is Sahih (authentic) is narrated by Hisham ibn Urwah who was narrated to "the Father". Thus it is a weak hadith as well since no one knows who is the Father.

Therefore, the married with Aisha was not nine, but in Bukhari Vol 3 Book 48 Num 832 and 4:3 marriage to women comfirms it is authentic

You lose. Try again.

Meanwhile, no one still has a clue why the idolatry caused pedophile. May Allah have mercy on us from the pedophile
I’m a Muslim and I was simply refuting the Apostate above.

No, Aisha’s رضي الله عنها age at the time of marriage and consummation is well documented and authentically reported through multiple chains of transmission. There isn’t any disagreement on this matter, Muslims unanimously agree on her age. She was 6 or 7 when the marriage contract took place and she was 9 or 10 when the marriage was consummated (when she reached physical maturity) and her marriage was in line with the custom of her time, since in pre modern societies and 7th century Arabia, it wasn’t unusual for girls to marry at that age.

Maliki Scholar Dawudi:

As a Muslim, I’m not ashamed of this fact just because subjective social norms has changed and Islamophobic losers in the 21st century would object to this. Nobody before the year 1905 ever criticized his marriage to Aisha رضي الله عنها since it was the norm, all this criticism you hear today is subjective, emotionally driven and easily refutable.

C98B65E5-1307-42AD-959F-BC06E46890AD.jpeg

Aisha رضي الله عنها had the best marriage and she loved her husband dearly so the opinion of 21st century Islamophobes is irrelevant.

Aisha رضي الله عنها was proud of her marriage, she was overjoyed and stated 6 privileges directly relating to her marriage:

“Ibn Sa’d said:…Aisha رضي الله عنها said (in appreciation): ‘I have been given features not given to any woman. The Prophet (peace be upon him) married me when I was seven, the angel brought him my image in his hand to look at it, he consummated our marriage when I was nine, I saw the angel Gabriel, I was his most beloved wife, and I attended his diseased till he died, not witnessed but by me and the angels’.”

Source: Al Isabah fi Tamyeez al Sahabah (The correct differentiation between the Companions”) by Ibn Hajar

Al Fatihah

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
157 75 777
Alleybux
I’m a Muslim and I was simply refuting the Apostate above.

No, Aisha’s رضي الله عنها age at the time of marriage and consummation is well documented and authentically reported through multiple chains of transmission. There isn’t any disagreement on this matter, Muslims unanimously agree on her age. She was 6 or 7 when the marriage contract took place and she was 9 or 10 when the marriage was consummated (when she reached physical maturity) and her marriage was in line with the custom of her time, since in pre modern societies and 7th century Arabia, it wasn’t unusual for girls to marry at that age.

Maliki Scholar Dawudi:

As a Muslim, I’m not ashamed of this fact just because subjective social norms has changed and Islamophobic losers in the 21st century would object to this. Nobody before the year 1905 ever criticized his marriage to Aisha رضي الله عنها since it was the norm, all this criticism you hear today is subjective, emotionally driven and easily refutable.

View attachment 2727106

Aisha رضي الله عنها had the best marriage and she loved her husband dearly so the opinion of 21st century Islamophobes is irrelevant.

Aisha رضي الله عنها was proud of her marriage, she was overjoyed and stated 6 privileges directly relating to her marriage:

“Ibn Sa’d said:…Aisha رضي الله عنها said (in appreciation): ‘I have been given features not given to any woman. The Prophet (peace be upon him) married me when I was seven, the angel brought him my image in his hand to look at it, he consummated our marriage when I was nine, I saw the angel Gabriel, I was his most beloved wife, and I attended his diseased till he died, not witnessed but by me and the angels’.”

Source: Al Isabah fi Tamyeez al Sahabah (The correct differentiation between the Companions”) by Ibn Hajar

Once again, the chain of transmission is invalid because one of the names in the chains of transmission is Hisham ibn Urwah who narrated to "the father". Therefore it is invalid regarding Aisha because "no one" knows who is the father. Again you lose.

Thus every chain of transmission is weak because it was narrated by "the father", with no first or last name. Try again.

You lose.

Last edited: