Quantcast

Unpopular Inuyasha opinions

Lotion

Reaction score
Reactions
25,675 550 214
Alleybux
Kagome should’ve been held back

her mom ain’t sh!t for letting her teenaged daughter skip school and roam around the feudal era

I feel the same especially with her grandfather making up these random illnesses that don't even exist. I'm surprised Kagome even passed her classes and tests.

I'm rewatching the series now. I only have a few more eps until I reach the Final Act.

But with that said, I wish they had Kagome train more with her powers. She always had to be saved by Inuyasha, or she'd run out of arrows at the most awkward times.

She was such a liability. At least Sango had her boomerang weapon so she could hold her own.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
I feel the same especially with her grandfather making up these random illnesses that don't even exist. I'm surprised Kagome even passed her classes and tests.

She was such a liability. At least Sango had her boomerang weapon so she could hold her own.

I can’t help but agree. I blame Rumiko because she’s not good with explaining the growth in her own characters. She says that at the end of series Kagome becomes more powerful than Kikyo, yet sis can’t even bust a grape without yelling for Inuyasha to save her

waldeinsamkeit

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,538 514 317
Alleybux
I can’t help but agree. I blame Rumiko because she’s not good with explaining the growth in her own characters. She says that at the end of series Kagome becomes more powerful than Kikyo, yet sis can’t even bust a grape without yelling for Inuyasha to save her

She also can't stop tripping over rocks smaller than a human fist.

Kawaiilover

Lover Of All Things Cute!❤
Reaction score
Reactions
55,585 483 346
Alleybux
-The early episodes where it was just Inuyasha and Kagome were my favorite

-I feel like they should've made Kagome have a crush on Koga to make Inuyasha show that he can't keep putting her on the backburner

- I also agree with others that say Sango should've been with someone else

euphorialove

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
180,918 3,908 2,848
Alleybux
also the author gave miroku the most broken op powers and never used it to defeat naraku.

I didn't care for sango or her brother.

I wonder if kagome hadn't gone down the well how long inuyasha would have been pinned to the tree. This show really sucked at explaining the time travel.

arethaspurse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,358 1,800 317
Alleybux
it's too damn long. the movies are not good. Naraku is a boring villain. Kohaku getting a happy ending was cheesy. the rin situation rang alarms in my head. Kagome threw away her whole future for a man willing to go into the underworld with a fµck!ng ghost. chile please.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
also the author gave miroku the most broken op powers and never used it to defeat naraku.

I didn't care for sango or her brother.

I wonder if kagome hadn't gone down the well how long inuyasha would have been pinned to the tree. This show really sucked at explaining the time travel.

the SCREAM I let out, but yea I felt bad for her at first but then after when she started to get on Inuyasha for seeing Kikyo, I was like b!tch be gone with your bird antics

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
-The early episodes where it was just Inuyasha and Kagome were my favorite

-I feel like they should've made Kagome have a crush on Koga to make Inuyasha show that he can't keep putting her on the backburner

- I also agree with others that say Sango should've been with someone else

Koga ain’t that much of a prize tho, he was arrogant and thirsty and got his ass beat up most of the time

this show is filled with so many broke down women who ALL had hella potential but instead they were reduced to being pick me side chicks. Yes I’m talking about Kagome, Sango AND Ayame.

damn girls know your worth ...
No wonder my favourite female character in this series was Queen Kagura, she had her foot on Inuyasha and friends NECKS everytime they fought

Kawaiilover

Lover Of All Things Cute!❤
Reaction score
Reactions
55,585 483 346
Alleybux
Koga ain’t that much of a prize tho, he was arrogant and thirsty and got his ass beat up most of the time

this show is filled with so many broke down women who ALL had hella potential but instead they were reduced to being pick me side chicks. Yes I’m talking about Kagome, Sango AND Ayame.

No wonder my favourite female character in this series was Queen Kagura, she had her foot on Inuyasha and friends NECKS everytime they fought

I agree with you but at least Koga didn't flip flop on his feelings for Kagome he told her straight up and didn't go back on it. And Inuyasha had the nerve to get jealous of him showing Kagome affection even though he didn't know his own feelings yet. I feel like Kagome should've took advantage of that and make Inuyasha work for her

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
I agree with you but at least Koga didn't flip flop on his feelings for Kagome he told her straight up and didn't go back on it. And Inuyasha had the nerve to get jealous of him showing Kagome affection even though he didn't know his own feelings yet. I feel like Kagome should've took advantage of that and make Inuyasha work for her

Ok, but in all honesty I don’t think that Kouga or Kagome would’ve been a great match. I always got the vibe from him that he was a purist and only wanted to get with Kagome because she could sense the jewel shards and that she was easy on the eyes.

In episode 37, can I just say that Kagome majorly overreacted to Inuyasha's perfectly reasonable question about whether or not she had Stockholm Syndrome anything happened between her and Koga? I mean, I give her props for saying at least three times that she's not interested in Koga, but seriously, look at it from Inuyasha's perspective. The girl he's starting to like, and he was starting to like her (don't ask me why) is kidnapped by a wolf demon who has no problem ordering a massacre on an innocent village and sees humans as nothing more than a food source, then she helps out her kidnapper, defends him, and lets him escape, all after Inuyasha has fought tooth and nail to get her back. The only explanation she gives is that Koga "was good to her," conveniently forgetting that, not only was he the one who kidnapped her in the first place, the only reason she wasn't--oh, I dunno--eaten was because she decided to go along with being Koga's shard detector.

Unlike Kagome, who acts like Inuyasha as her token ‘boyfriend’ and that he ‘cheats’ on her whenever he checks up on Kikyo (in particular, her huffy reaction in episode 22 when Miroku suggested that Inuyasha and Kikyo would get back together made me go all ‘girl bye’),

Inuyasha has a legitimate reason to not take Kagome at her word when it comes to Koga. Her voice says one thing, but her actions say another. And instead of giving Inuyasha a full explanation about what went on between Koga kidnapping her and Inuyasha rescuing her, she decides to be all self-righteously angry at him. Her saying that she "has some self-respect" honestly made me want to laugh. Sis, if you had any respect for yourself, you would've told Inuyasha in episode 48 that you would stand by him as his friend and not interfere with his relationship with Kikyo, instead of choosing to be a third wheel and then getting mad that Inuyasha didn’t act like he was your boyfriend.

jazmyne

thrilling
Reaction score
Reactions
32,793 283 17
Alleybux
I don't think Kagome making Inuyasha sit was "abusive". He deserved it most of the time and was being an ass.

I was just thinking about this - I'm still early in my rewatch but she doesn't use it as often as it was made out to seem in all the fanfic that I used to read.

Butterfree16

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,686 1,603 999
Alleybux
Honestly, I hate the Kikyo-InuYasha-Kagome love triangle.
I understand that in the beginning, Inu Yasha had conflicted feelings because of how his relationship with Kikyo was intercepted and destroyed by Naraku. However, Kikyo was a ghost - a living clay machine who sucked on souls to stay "alive". I couldn't understand why Kikyo/Inu Yasha was a real ship, because was Inu Yasha going to live with a dead woman for the rest of his life - even if she didn't die before the Shikon Jewel was restored.

The manga does a better job of explaining the triangle, but Inu Yasha felt obligated to be by Kikyo's side because she was lonely, betrayed and disturbed after being brought back from the dead. Their relationship was overall toxic and they only fell in love and bonded based on mutual loneliness.

Kagome was his future and present. She cried for him, showed him how to make friends, how to interact properly with others and gave him a family. Inu Yasha says so himself that he feels at home with Kagome and it feels natural to be by her side.

Lonely priestess Kikyo could never do that and she was naive to think that she could purify the jewel by giving it to Inu Yasha - she is the original bird for giving up her sacred duty for a man - and look how it all went to sh!t.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
Rumiko can't write for sh!t.
Kagome was a bird who's equally yoked with that brat Inuyasha.

Miroku was main character material and Sesshoumaru was a bad b!tch. His dad was a thot and Izayoi a bigger thot.

The Band of Seven was a waste of a story arc.

Also, stories that emphasize the good in human beings are overrated.

I would’ve loved if that was a Hitler human character villain in the Feudal era who wanted the extinction of all demons and half demons. Being that Inuyasha faced prejudice and discrimination. They catered way too much to the whole bad demon/good human arc and it was annoying.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
Here are some I was thinking about recently.

- There should’ve been a third love interest with Kikyo/Kagome/Inuyasha.

- Kouga only wanted Kagome because she could sense the jewel shards. Not because he loved her.

Lastly...

Sango + Bankotsu >>>> Sango + Miroku

tenor.gif

SheaButterGirl

Reiner Braun' s Wife
Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 232 68
Alleybux
I'm at the end of season 2 and I think y'all are being too hard on Kagome.

The girl is like 15 or 16 years old, has never had a boyfriend, and obviously doesn't have a dependable father figure at home.

So of course she's a pick me. She would've grown out of it if her mom had put her foot down and forced her to stay in Japan.

Now with Sango, there really isn't any excuse.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux

The girl is like 15 or 16 years old, has never had a boyfriend, and obviously doesn't have a dependable father figure at home.

So of course she's a pick me. She would've grown out of it if her mom had put her foot down and forced her to stay in Japan.

While this is true, what about her grandfather despite how senile he may be, I think she literally goes for the ‘I want a bad boy type’ phase. What makes her annoying is that she’s just as bad as Inuyasha is temperament wise but is literally never reprimanded for it. No one checks her. But sis stays loyal to her man I guess.

I agree with you about Sango though, sis was mad intimidated over the pussy Miroku was waving in her face, flirting with women and acting like he was her boyfriend, when I was like ...baby you are ‘bad b!tch’ TF are you doing putting up with this foolishness.

“There’s nothing in life that’s worse than settling...” - Rihanna

SheaButterGirl

Reiner Braun' s Wife
Reaction score
Reactions
7,293 232 68
Alleybux
While this is true, what about her grandfather despite how senile he may be, I think she literally goes for the ‘I want a bad boy type’ phase. What makes her annoying is that she’s just as bad as Inuyasha is temperament wise but is literally never reprimanded for it. No one checks her. But sis stays loyal to her man I guess.

I agree with you about Sango though, sis was mad intimidated over the pussy Miroku was waving in her face, flirting with women and acting like he was her boyfriend, when I was like ...baby you are ‘bad b!tch’ TF are you doing putting up with this foolishness.

“There’s nothing in life that’s worse than settling...” - Rihanna

I don't consider her grandfather a good father figure personally lol.

He couldn't even lie for her correctly and Kagome always was disappointed about the stupid excuses he would come up with for school. Like just say she's staying with another family or something, it's not that hard! That says a lot about how dependable he is right there.

I do agree she was in a 'bad boy' phase though but most girls like her have those. It's just no one was steering her out of it, even Miroku and Sango were enabling her every time they took her side.

Her mom was even out here encouraging her on the low to keep chasing after whoever she was with in the feudal era in one episode! Just a hot mess!

Sango let Miroku's harem full of pickmes trick her into thinking he was a catch. Just because a man has girls falling all over him, doesn't always mean he's worth something. It could just mean the girls are stupid smh.

So much potential lost! She honestly had chemistry with almost every guy on the show since she was a strong character in her own right.

sansahive

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
kagome was irritating!! and the relationship between her and inuyasha was so forced.
and i can’t help but feel bad for kikyo. her powers weaken when she’s with inuyasha, which leads to her death, then she comes back to life and that mutt inuyasha still chooses kagome :cautious:

anyways naraku was boring but he was sexy and i was lowkey rooting for him. miroku needed his hands, feet and third leg cut off, that man was a MENACE. and for the bad b!tch that sango was, i’m still appalled that she chose to settle with creepy ass miroku like GIRL

Last edited:

Vheissu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Reactions
10,281 139 25
Alleybux
I don't consider her grandfather a good father figure personally lol.

He couldn't even lie for her correctly and Kagome always was disappointed about the stupid excuses he would come up with for school. Like just say she's staying with another family or something, it's not that hard! That says a lot about how dependable he is right there.

I do agree she was in a 'bad boy' phase though but most girls like her have those. It's just no one was steering her out of it, even Miroku and Sango were enabling her every time they took her side.

Her mom was even out here encouraging her on the low to keep chasing after whoever she was with in the feudal era in one episode! Just a hot mess!

Sango let Miroku's harem full of pickmes trick her into thinking he was a catch. Just because a man has girls falling all over him, doesn't always mean he's worth something. It could just mean the girls are stupid smh.

So much potential lost! She honestly had chemistry with almost every guy on the show since she was a strong character in her own right.

Her grandfather was selfish, he wanted free medicine.

Contacts

Out of Character
Reaction score
Reactions
24,033 669 287
Alleybux
I hated how they made Miroku the second strongest of the group when Sango was RIGHT THERE. She should’ve killed way more demons than she did. But instead, she played defense too much.

Kiwigrl89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,040 215 9
Alleybux

Takahashi writes all her girls like that though. In every manga of hers there's some super hot girl(s) obsessing over some lame ass guy who doesn't really want them like that, doesn't know they exist, or is too emotionally immature to express his feelings. And it drags on and on and on....foreverrrrrr.....

simaiossoir

the long kiss goodnight
Reaction score
Reactions
2,507 39 8
Alleybux
Kagome should’ve been held back

her mom ain’t sh!t for letting her teenaged daughter skip school and roam around the feudal era

Omg now I’m remembering the grandpa (mom's dad)! Didn’t he find out Kagome’s travels towards the middle of the show? He never told the mom and was a smart ass lol.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
Takahashi writes all her girls like that though. In every manga of hers there's some super hot girl(s) obsessing over some lame ass guy who doesn't really want them like that, doesn't know they exist, or is too emotionally immature to express his feelings. And it drags on and on and on....foreverrrrrr.....

Lum Invader from Uresei Yatsura being a key one.

it’s super annoying and sexist, I hate girls like that.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
New Unpopular Opinions

1) Shiori should’ve been in Shippo’s place in the group

2) They could’ve made Kagura the main villain in season 2 + have her team up with Kikyo for sh!ts and giggles

3) Inuyasha was the victim: Yall hate on Inuyasha for being a temperamental fuckboy too much considering that he had the worst upbringing out of every character in the series. Homeless at 7, mother and father deceased, outcast hybrid mix child with no family.

4) Izayoi was dumb but tried to secure the bag so we gotta give her credit (get money girl)

5) Sesshomaru needed therapy and DEF had only child syndrome

6) Inu-Kimi wanted a sugar daddy, not a husband and only had Sessh to secure the bag and be Queen/Lady of West. She did NOT love that man (Inu-no-Tashio)

SecureMe.gif

That’s all

Prettyeyes212

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
159,402 3,912 2,264
Alleybux
The show sucked but the characters were iconic

I don't even know how they did that, but I don't care to watch the show for plot, but I do like seeing the charaters

I would LOVEEE to see the cast in a plot written by someone else other than Rumiko

PerpetuallyExhausted

***** H.N.I.C*****
Reaction score
Reactions
102,151 5,403 2,149
Alleybux
Idk how unpopular this is, but I always thought Naraku was everything in the show. Actually my crush on him started to overtake my crush on Sesshomaru. He’s a handsome, dark twisted asshole

View attachment 1557777

Also I secretly wanted him to start a relationship with Kikyo to piss off Inuyasha and subsequently Kagome. I was fµcked up
:yesyes:biggrin

Me too sis:sneaky:

Golden Child

✞ Vampire Jesus ✞
Reaction score
Reactions
9,367 175 10
Alleybux
- Team Kagome x Kouga

- Team Bankotsu x Kagome

- Sesshomaru is OVER HYPED and boring. I thought this 10 years ago and still do. Someone above said he is a tsundere and he is absolutely not one lol. He's more of those stoic anime tropes like Levi and Byakuya (booooooring) Inuyasha is a tsundere tho.

- Sesshomaru x Rin is gross. IDK. I can't believe you have people on Youtube having discussions on why this pairing is harmless. It would be different if she was older when she met and was with Sesshomaru (maybe close to Kagome's age). If this was real life, they wouldnt be saying this. I'm still wondering how they came together and had babies. Like WHAT?

- Rumiko should have made Kagome more capable. Even Akane in Ranma ½ could hold her own in martial arts. She should have put those spiritual powers to use with some hand to hand combat or something. Maybe even like a blast from her hand. Without her bow she is useless.

- I thought Kagome getting mad at Inuyasha for seeing Kikiyo early on was strange as they didn't firmly establish a "relationship" yet.

- I liked Naraku and his fabulous wavy long hair

- Did they have birth control in the feudal era? How did Miroku have no baby mama's? Also what did they the ladies do when they had their periods? This is a weird question but as someone with heavy periods, the long journey's they took would kill me during my time of the month. do demons sense it? ok...i read too much fanfiction yall lol

Triela

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,611 176 22
Alleybux
The show sucked but the characters were iconic

I don't even know how they did that, but I don't care to watch the show for plot, but I do like seeing the characters

I would LOVEEE to see the cast in a plot written by someone else other than Rumiko
I can appreciate Rumiko Takahashi bridging the gap between shounen and shoujo as far as the concept goes. There is no denying that she is good at making cool waifus and husbandos.

suesnell

♒️
Reaction score
Reactions
201,824 10,060 5,710
Alleybux
Hmmmm this show didn't address Inuyasha's trauma. He was pinned to a tree for 50 years and was in a perpetual state of arrested development because of that -- though he did have many breakthroughs.

Honestly I didn't blame him for pining after Kikyo because it was all recent to him and he didn't process anything.

I felt bad for him because he had to fight his entire life and Kagome making him sit pissed me off. I especially hated when she did that sh!t after his fight with Juromaru and Kageromaru. Idk I'm re-watching the series on hulu and noticed some things.

shellbelrowe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,731 4,268 1,046
Alleybux
Hmmmm this show didn't address Inuyasha's trauma. He was pinned to a tree for 50 years and was in a perpetual state of arrested development because of that -- though he did have many breakthroughs.

Honestly I didn't blame him for pining after Kikyo because it was all recent to him and he didn't process anything.

I felt bad for him because he had to fight his entire life and Kagome making him sit pissed me off. I especially hated when she did that sh!t after his fight with Juromaru and Kageromaru. Idk I'm re-watching the series on hulu and noticed some things.
Exactly this entire show glossed over the fact that he was a victim of racial discrimination and focused solely on the love arc between him and his high school drop out wife Kagome.

I’ve said it write and I’ll say it again this show should’ve taken the Avatar Last Air Bender route/Prince Of Egypt...but as I digress

Valhalla

ColdWinter
Reaction score
Reactions
50,493 1,396 422
Alleybux
Inuyasha never got over Kikyo and he should have just agreed to go to the underworld with her like he wanted to. Kagome was out here spending her whole life playing second fiddle to a dead woman.

Ezra Miller

⭐ DA NAME STAYS! PM ME FOR YOUR TAROT NEEDS ⭐
Reaction score
Reactions
287,346 9,787 5,303
Alleybux

Eh? Sango was born 600 years in the past where there were no warrior women. Irl she would have never been able to marry bc she chose a masculine profession.

Meanwhile, Ms Kagome grew in what 1996. Japan is behind the times, but not that behind.

Penny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
93,099 2,120 1,683
Alleybux
Naraku's crush (read: obsession) with Sesshomaru was the most interesting part of the show.

Touga/Inu-Kimi and Izayoi love triangle was more interesting than Kikyo-Inuyasha-Kagome.

Jaken was a better lackey than Shippo

We didn't need Rin. YES. I SAID IT. It needed to be said.

Myoga and Toutosai were useless....they never spilled the tea.

The Shikon jewel shards only being spread across Japan never made no sense...like obviously they can be found.

Inuyasha voice was low-key annoying

I never liked the 'sit' thing -- it was immature and demeaning

- Sesshomaru is OVER HYPED and boring. I thought this 10 years ago and still do. Someone above said he is a tsundere and he is absolutely not one lol. He's more of those stoic anime tropes like Levi and Byakuya (booooooring) Inuyasha is a tsundere tho.

We said 'unpopular' not 'wrong' --- to the guillotine with you.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom