Quantcast

Unpopular Movie opinions

Vitamix

I love cats! (and so do you)
Reaction score
Reactions
40,572 786 246
Alleybux
Both Magic Mike movies were superior to Chocolate City in every way imaginable. The strippers in MM actually put on a real show and Channing Tatum and tWitch had moves. CC the rip-off only had the strippers doing the "sexy" stare at the camera and humping the stage. Big whoop. The flimsy plot did nothing for it either. They should have used real deal Black strippers in the film like tWitch.

Vitamix

Reaction score
Reactions
40,572 786 246
Alleybux
cI recently watched an older movie, from 1990 called "Air America" with Mel Gibson and Robert Downey jr.
It was rated pretty low on Rotten Tomatoes but I thought the movie was not bad...typical late eighties sort of movie.
Unpopular opinion is that I forgot that Mel Gibson was a pretty good looking guy when he was younger!
View attachment 2590588
You should see clips of him from The Year of Living Dangerously and some other of his 80's/90's films. He was truly smokin' hot. Too bad he's turned out to be as problematic as the come. So many yt stars have disappointed me in this regard that they are all suspect from the get-go now.

Sanusi

Eff em quiltas, cuz I down from my knittas
Reaction score
Reactions
8,562 732 37
Alleybux
I'm disappointed how the Creed series is going. The main character hasn't won his fights by a knockout or unanimous decision, unlike the Rocky movies that it's supposed to be a spin-off of.

The movie Four Brothers was racist as hell. It might as well been called The Great White Hope, 2 Negroes and Token White brothers.

lamontep49

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
183 39 7
Alleybux
jason vahoores sold drugs reason he kills people for coming to camp crystal lake go back and watch 2009 friday 13th the campers find the weed and jason go crazy

Vitamix

Reaction score
Reactions
40,572 786 246
Alleybux
I would poke my eyes out before watching The Shawshank Redemption or Forrest Gump ever again. Irritating drivel.

I like DeNiro but he literally plays the same character in every movie--himself.

Most movies with a lot of people, usually males, shooting guns at each other are boring and cringe.

The best acting Tom Cruise ever did was in Rain Man.

I like all three "Spider-men" equally: Maguire, Garfield and Holland. I really mean that.

TERRASTAR18

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
174,900 5,785 4,542
Alleybux
no mcu movie is worth watching twice

ppl complain about race and gender swapping but i think it improves most stories if it is from white to black or biracial usually make it more interesting by default- like imagine passengers with denzel/viola, idris/naomie harris or even a bad pairing of michael b. jordan and say zendaya. alot better than jlaw/chris pratt

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,684 13,173 1,668
Alleybux
The Best Man Holiday really messed up as a holiday movie by taking a tragic turn. There's a dearth of good Christmas movies with Black casts. Holiday movies are meant to be enjoyed annually. Nobody wants to watch that sad ass ish play out every year.

May not be unpopular, but every movie where Taye Diggs was a romantic lead would've been better with somebody else. Likewise, with Chris Rock. Some of his movies could've been OK w/ an attractive leading man who could act, i.e., I Think I Love My Wife.

I told somebody I never saw Star Wars years ago & they gave me their VHS & I didn't make it past 10 minutes and I still have never watched it.

Viola Davis overacts. Angela Bassett is the same in everything.

Tacosandcrls

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,436 1,371 591
Alleybux
Shazam (DCEU) is not a good movie. I was fast forwarding through it and the little foster kid brother was annoying. I feel like I'm the twilight zone whenever people rave about how good it is.

Yaybelline

Lil Nancy MacGill
Reaction score
Reactions
58,445 10,116 3,469
Alleybux
Deadpool has ruined Ryan Reynolds for me. Idk if it’s because Spider-Man creeped me out as a kid, but I watched that Free Guy garbage movie the other night and even though I laughed during it, when I went to sleep I dreamed two men had me on all fours and were taping paper grocery bags and popsicle sticks all over me. It was really weird lmao.

madgoulding

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,649 1,843 925
Alleybux
Kay had every right to abort Michael’s baby and leave his ass. She should be applauded for that. Also Apollonia was a goddamn bimbo. Not a thought behind those eyes. Bless her heart.

Eliza Maza

“More of your conversation would infect my brain.”
Reaction score
Reactions
5,439 416 13
Alleybux
I enjoyed Scream 3 way more than part 2. In fact I only re watch Scream 1 & 3 out of the entire franchise.

After watching the trailers for Scream 5, I really think the series should've stopped at 3.

STLBarbie314

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,219 2,664 1,177
Alleybux
Unpopular Opinion: I despise the John Singleton movie, Higher Learning. I hate the messaging of the movie, I hate how people overly sympathize with Remy (Michael Rappaport's character) but don't give the same emotion to Malik, I hate Lawrence Fishburne's faux woke character, I hate the heavy handedness of the movie, I hate how the movie disparaged Ice Cube's character. I hated all of it.

The only John Singeton movie I like is Boyz N the Hood.

BABAYBOY

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,651 1,918 444
Alleybux
Jennifer Hudson is a fantastic actress

The Only reason Brandy Norwood hasn’t been cast in more films in the 2000s was because of her shaky music profile after 2002. With that being said, I’m definitely looking forward to her starring in a film currently, she’s changed a LOT.

Beyoncé being a “bad” actress will never stop her more than being a BLACK attempting actress…especially a BLACK vocal diva. Film is Elitist and prejudiced already, she never had the chance.

Monster’s Ball was fantasy p0rn for Racist white men and history repeated itself with Halle Winning an award same way as Dorothy Dandrige for “Carmen Jones”.

The Aretha Franklin “respect” movie was short and vague in a sense but for good purpose. She endured TOO much in her life for it to jeopardize her image. After all, Black Greats aren’t preserved well in the public eye.

Vitamix

Reaction score
Reactions
40,572 786 246
Alleybux
Swiped is absurd but entertaining. It's basically a kind of urban fantasy low budget teen flick showcasing how not to act when it comes to dating--or how not to interact with people in general. A bunch of folks mistakenly took the film seriously and created video dissertations about it on YT. It's not that deep. If you really want a reason to clutch pearls and bemoan subpar filmmaking, check out some of the "teen sexploitation" flicks of the 1980's to be properly appalled.

In fact, I would watch Swiped three times in one day rather than watch Ghostbusters: Afterlife ever again. Ghostbusters: Answer the Call is superior to it in every way, but a lot of mean boys (and some girls) saw all that estrogen onscreen and lost their minds. Yet, not even the "diverse" cast, Paul Rudd, or the nostalgia scenes at the end of Afterlife could save it from being lackluster and charmless. ATC was fun. I struggled to even finish Afterlife.

DarlingPikki

We are in desperate need of a D.R.O.P Squad
Reaction score
Reactions
54,753 1,748 383
Alleybux
I watched Love and Basketball last night for the first time in 10 years and thought how it was unnecessary play "This Woman's Work" during a love scene when the song is actually about a woman perishing during childbirth.

Ddeletee

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
13,037 641 243
Alleybux
I'm tired of Hollywood glamorizing Vikings. They really weren't these fierce warriors, they were thugs who raided defenseless monasteries and poor villages... easy pickings. That's it. White people use movies like "The Northman" to change their history and make themselves seem like something more than what they actually were.

kiwistrwbrry

The Best Flavor
Reaction score
Reactions
28,864 778 155
Alleybux
I just watched 365 days and I hated it. I fast forwarded through most of the movie cause it moved super slow and the plot was trash. Also the xes scenes weren’t that good imo. They were very animalistic and brutal looking, just like the xes scenes from Euphoria. I don’t think spitting on the kitty is hot because if she’s already wet, it’s pointless, and it looked like he spat up a phlegm glob. Also Massimo isn’t sexy to me. He looks like Jacob Elordi, who I think is ugly. His body is nice but his personality was giving entitled Reddit incel. The “are you lost baby girl?” was cringe and made me laugh out loud. Also when he was like “let me show you what you’re missing” he didn’t do sh!t! I thought he was gonna blow that girl’s back out but all he did was sit there while getting his dick sucked. What was Laura missing out on in that situation? Gagging on his peen and getting saliva and semen all over herself? The audacity of this man…

ProductFiend

Sally ain't got nuffin' on me!
Reaction score
Reactions
72,397 5,008 6,365
Alleybux
Wanda Vision is lame as fck. This bch got all these damn powers and all she wants is to do is mother kids who aren't hers??? Pffft!

Payal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,575 629 166
Alleybux
The biggest sin of cinema/movies at the moment is that it's indulging Harry styles. He shouldn't even be a thought for any one in the industry, let alone feel entitled to audtion, let alone be in movies!!!!

L O L I T A

✩ American Empress ✩
Reaction score
Reactions
234,443 5,949 1,948
Alleybux
Dune SUCKED. Very boring, pointless and felt like one very long perfume ad. Not surprised it won many technical awards because the acting and plot was dry, stale and uninteresting as well and left much to be desired. Serving great gowns beautiful gowns and not much else.

Vitamix

Reaction score
Reactions
40,572 786 246
Alleybux
The original Top Gun is 10 times better than Top Gun: Maverick and anyone honest with themselves knows it. No one asked for that sloppy sequel 50 years late.

Sweet_chic

Feyd Rautha's Side Chick
Reaction score
Reactions
197,396 3,671 1,155
Alleybux
The original Top Gun is 10 times better than Top Gun: Maverick and anyone honest with themselves knows it. No one asked for that sloppy sequel 50 years late.
Say WHAAAAAA???? :shock

Imo Top Gun: Maverick was waaay better than Top Gun. The original Top Gun was a fun movie, but wasn't really all that when you think about it lol. But part 2?? VERY well done. JMHO :joy:

L O L I T A

✩ American Empress ✩
Reaction score
Reactions
234,443 5,949 1,948
Alleybux
Jordan Peele films are overrated and NOPE reaffirms that belief wholeheartedly. People get defensive when you critique his work because he puts monoracial Black people at the forefront of his films and he is one of the very few half-Black directors in Hollywood that critics/white audiences love so therefore he has become a messiah for many Black folks but Us and Nope were misses. I have a feeling that once more Black creatives come into the mainstream, people will be less defensive about it and more honest about the fact that most of the mainstream Black/Biracial creatives and their content is lacking, sans Barry Jenkins and Ryan Coogler.

outlawbrady

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
293 118 183
Alleybux
I LOVED "Smokey And The Bandit." (Burt Reynolds was my favourite actor.)

Cersei L

Don't want my $hit to get soggy
Reaction score
Reactions
125,609 4,359 2,401
Alleybux
Jordan Peele films are overrated and NOPE reaffirms that belief wholeheartedly. People get defensive when you critique his work because he puts monoracial Black people at the forefront of his films and he is one of the very few half-Black directors in Hollywood that critics/white audiences love so therefore he has become a messiah for many Black folks but Us and Nope were misses. I have a feeling that once more Black creatives come into the mainstream, people will be less defensive about it and more honest about the fact that most of the mainstream Black/Biracial creatives and their content is lacking, sans Barry Jenkins and Ryan Coogler.

Unpopular JP opinion, Nope was my favorite. I thought Get Out was overhyped and not scary. US was so damn convoluted, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Cersei L

Don't want my $hit to get soggy
Reaction score
Reactions
125,609 4,359 2,401
Alleybux
Kay had every right to abort Michael’s baby and leave his ass. She should be applauded for that. Also Apollonia was a goddamn bimbo. Not a thought behind those eyes. Bless her heart.

Before I watched the GF, my mom used to always b!tch about Kay, when I finally watched the series I thought: what is my mother talking about? I actually like Kay and I understand why she is upset with Michael's lying ass.

KueiFei

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,042 876 386
Alleybux
I disliked the overall theme of Titanic.

In 1912, up until the second wave of feminism, women really couldn't make it on their own and without labor laws, women who worked her overworked, underpaid, and preyed on. I know that Rose's mother was behind the arranged marriage, but really, I get sick and tired of hearing about how Cal was worse than Jack. First, Cal was an asshole, but most men were back then (and still are today) and second, he only started getting REALLY enraged when Rose was actively running around with another man who was not her fiance. Most women would slap a man senseless and dump him, but Cal kept her on. Yet, according to the times, Cal was a catch. Rich, young, handsome, and he was generous enough to pay for Rose's entire wardrobe and VIP place on Titanic and a fifty million dollar necklace blue diamond surrounded by other flawless diamonds. He knew Rose was not well off despite her family name, and he was happy to support her mother as well comfortably, stylishly.

Then Jack comes along. Jack saves Rose from offing herself, thanks Jack by giving Jack money and giving Jack an invite to dinner. Jack put up a front of being content with being a drifter, but no one likes that kind of life. I do not think Jack is someone who Rose should have been running with or sleeping with and most young women do not really want to sleep with a guy after two days of meeting him and then proceeding to dump a rich fiance to run off with a homeless guy. Being with Jack would not have been liberating, it would have been a huge, HUGE step down and Jack would have eventually frustrated Rose by refusing to develop some kind of a stable life. There is no way that Jack would have been able or willing to provide for Rose if she had gotten pregnant and there is no way that after sleeping under bridges for even a few weeks, she would have been happy or felt liberated. I think that after a few more run-ins with the law, that Jack would have continued to frustrate her and Cal would have looked better by the week.

I'm sick of how poverty is glamorized as some kind of freedom and it isn't. I am sick of class tourism being disguised as true love.

KueiFei

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,042 876 386
Alleybux
The last ten years has produced some of the worst motion pictures in the history of the industry. Technology notwithstanding, the quality of films in the area of direction and writing has devolved. In fact, 99.9 percent of them are not worth going to the cinema to see. Cable Television outshines the movie going experience by miles and has set the standard over the past decade.

Most are activism realted, not entertaining and not for people who want a little authenticity to the portrayal of human nature.

kiwistrwbrry

The Best Flavor
Reaction score
Reactions
28,864 778 155
Alleybux
Idk if this is unpopular but The Jazzman’s Blues is hilarious. Ironically, I think this is one of the times that Tyler Perry was actually trying to create something moving, but I couldn’t help but laugh when Bayou’s dad left and his brother went to follow him and his mom was screaming “He don’t know nothing about Chicago!” lmaoooo

Also Bayou was so stupid that I understood why his father hated him so much by the end of the movie. When the mob killed him I felt nothing. That white ass baby wasn’t his anyway

ProductFiend

Sally ain't got nuffin' on me!
Reaction score
Reactions
72,397 5,008 6,365
Alleybux
Black Adam was not only stupid, but dumb! Dwayne Johnson is increasingly proving he can't act for sh!t and what charisma he had has long since run down his legs. Those steroids deformed his body and emphasize his penis shaped head.

Chadon beni

R.I.P. Cheverly. Condolences to her sister Beverly
Reaction score
Reactions
27,200 1,497 987
Alleybux
Ed Norton was sexy in American History X

1669336830842.jpeg

Top Bottom