Unpopular opinion: African Nations with stronger economies should colonize weak African nations.

Reactions
730 67 127
Alleybux
This will prevent them from being open to foreign influence outside Africa. Obviously it should be a non violent and non interfering colonialism. Thoughts?

Edit: Collaborate would be a better world, like a nice lady told me in the comments. To prevent what is happening with Zambia with Chinese influence, i want African (Black) countries with bigger economies to interfere with some nations. That's what I was trying to say, but y'all heard colonize and started foaming at the mouth.

Last edited:
Slaying, Saving & SuperStraight
Reactions
134,406 2,873 4,017
Alleybux
This will prevent them from being open to foreign influence outside Africa. Obviously it should be a non violent and non interfering colonialism. Thoughts?
Who dropped your head as a child? Slavery and colonialism can never be non-violent. To even suggest this is digesting. Right now South Sudan is being ran by Uganda’s Rwandese dictator. A complete violation of our sovereignty all because the dolt Kiir and Museveni are both cattle ppl. F’ing nomads need to step aside and let farming Equatorians lead.

Last edited:
Verified Lipstick Alley User✓
Reactions
94,259 2,928 4,379
Alleybux
Most citizens of any country wouldn't want to be controlled by another nation despite whatever leg-ups and advantages that you may see in it. Look what is happening now with China & Hong Kong.

Every country has their own customs and way of life and their citizens usually take pride in what makes their culture theirs. Colonialism is pretty much forcing one country's customs, languages and way of life onto another country that already has it's own. And we know how prideful people become when they see their longstanding culture in jeopardy.

Also, there is no such thing as non-violent and non-interfering colonialism. We see how leaders get when they get a power trip and colonialism is always met with resistance. What will happen to those who resist? Because I'm sure you know violence is always inevitable in those cases.

Verified Lipstick Alley User✓
Reactions
94,259 2,928 4,379
Alleybux
Also do you really want countries like Egypt, Algeria & Morocco (all strong economies) having autonomy over the smaller black countries that have depleted GDP's? Do you want Sharia Law to become widespread throughout the entire continent? Be careful what you wish/hope for. None of what you're proposing will ever end well.

Africa is a big continent and many of the countries there couldn't be any more different.

Reactions
13,704 65 24
Alleybux

You mean war?
Like that's what war is.

And your whole premise is fucked up. Richer countries are open to foreign influence like crazy. How are they gonna protect poorer countries when they don't even protect themselves. It'll just be one more parcel of land and one more resource to sell off to the highest foreign bidder.

Reactions
2,849 116 7
Alleybux
Do you mean they should be outright annexed?

Tbh I don't think there are many African countries in a strong enough position to do this.

That will just create problems for themselves.

astra nos inclinant
Reactions
8,378 140 36
Alleybux
What?? Colonialism and non interfering is a contradiction. There is no such thing as peaceful colonialism because it is inherently violent. Stealing land and oppressing it’s natives, genocide, mass rape, resource stealing. What the hell is this kind of take. Another name to add to my ignore list.

Things that crawl
Reactions
56,176 316 255
Alleybux
Unlikely. Look up the Bantu expansion, which was shockingly recent, and their treatment of the Congo pygmies or San. Colonization is inherently violent.
Can't speak for the Congo pygmies, but I would like an in depth explanation of how the Bantu treated the San... Please also refer me to credible sources

Reactions
5,411 104 116
Alleybux

You obviously don't understand the dynamic of African history or regions, do you? I come from a region where attempts like you proposing was attempted, although they may win the war, many of their sons did not come back to their families. So think deeply about that, both innocent lives and soldiers lives were lost. Conflicts are bloody, and you my dear will not be able to stomach it!

Reactions
220,650 3,600 1,068
Alleybux
This idea is madness.

I agree. Fonts are taking it too far left. Colonize wasn't the right word, but it's not a bad concept. In business terms a merger or acquisition.

I can't think of any acquisition of sovereign nation-states that wasn't bloody.

Maybe someone can help me out with an example.

The Culture

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Missing Body found in Mississippi River identified as missing LSU student Kori Gauthier
There were multiple reports that she was last seen with her boyfriend and they had an argument. That is why people assume he is a suspect. I even...
Gabi and Dani Thread
Why doesn’t gabi and Dani just move to the same city? They were huge during bgc and I wish they would have gotten on other reality shows to really...
The new 'jollof wars' and why Twitter chose Ghana over Nigeria for its first Africa base
Ghana is more attractive to foreign investors. Nigerians are industrious and innovative but corrupt AF. Twitter is a cesspool.
Joe Budden: I'll Name This Podcast Later
I told the story in here a few times about when I was at the podcast live show Joe spazzed on somebody in the audience. He went from 0 to 1000...
Any tea on Al!yah ra3y? Who is she married to? How did she upgrade so fast?
he’s at strip club in America LOL check out @Official_trtrizzy on Instagram :ROFLMAO: On the hunt for a new American baby mama!
UPDATE Nicki Minaj and Nas looked good together
Don’t y’all get tired of talking about the same shit in EVERY Nas thread it’s getting old. This thread is for shits and giggles. Y’all can...
Random Thoughts 2021 Edition...
Lordt this layout gives me major early/mid 2000s messageboard tease. Agreed, you might as well call this place geocities alley
'men should never want a woman w/ a HIGH body count'
The right man won't care. My husband never cared about how many guys I had been with before him. And likewise when I asked him what his number...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
The Russians prediction of their next post..ahahaha Omg their hashtags
Top Bottom