Quantcast

Unpopular opinion; Carrie was right to have an on & off again relationship with Big, those women never close

Imanikami

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
546 10 2
Alleybux
I know I'm late to the discussion but I honestly think that if Carrie didn't jump to conclusions and let their relationship grow naturally, Big would've been more sure of her. She went on a few dates, slept with him a few times, and immediately assumed that they were exclusively together. Big needed someone simple, so that's why he married that girl. Carrie was usually all over the place. She was an emotional roller coaster for him.

I do agree that he only ended up with her because she was the last one standing. She and Samantha should've ended up single at the end of the series and Miranda should've ended up with Robert.

DontTouchXO

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
69,067 2,994 3,139
Alleybux
I loved when Natasha read Carrie. Her and Miranda really were the only two to ever check Carrie how she needed.

and Charlotte when she said "you're an adult, your finances are not my problem," but then she still gave her the ring/loan...

I pretend like the movies never happened, but she was extra fµcked up for blaming Miranda for Big acting up. Like he hadn't been that way for the past 20 years...
one lil comment wasn't going to change his mind unless he already felt that way (which he did).
Thank you thank you! I love the 1st movie and never watched the show but it was painfully obvious Big didn't want to marry her and Miranda had no "Big" impact on that man changing his mind.

HiValueMan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,033 2,145 1,147
Alleybux
what's funny is that carrie was going to end up with Aidan until Candace Bushnell mom's said Aidan was pathetic and she hated him...she basically became convinced big was the better choice (sadly).

https://www.etalk.ca/celebrity/2020...ushnell-reveals-why-she-wasnt-team-aidan.html

I actually think carrie should have been the one to end up single. like a nod to her "mustang" speech when she stands outside big's engagement party. that was a great scene honestly.
Many women are just attracted to what is now called toxic masculinity. Aiden was a solid dude for the most part, outside of his simping for Carrie. And despite all the signifying, I'm sure all women can relate to all 4 characters in some aspect.

Big did all of that in a 50/ 50 split. 50% cause he was always going to be that way and never truly deemed her wife material.50% cause she ruined it by being an insufferable pick me and giving him hell all the time. Men will always use social climbing emotionally inept and bitchy women like carrie until they can't anymore. She volunteered herself and FORCED herself upon him numerous times.

At the start of the show he actually pulled a John Cena on her when he was upfront and told her what he was about. Yet she kept acting silly and overriding what he clearly laid out to her.

Watch this video and y'all will see

Big never misrepresented himself. He's a man that does as he pleases, and protects his best interests. He's not out to hurt anybody. You can accept his terms, or not.

Last edited:

melaninmuse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,030 7,345 271
Alleybux
Many women are just attracted to what is now called toxic masculinity. Aiden was a solid dude for the most part, outside of his simping for Carrie. And despite all the signifying, I'm sure all women can relate to all 4 characters in some aspect.

this video explores it. Big was a typical commitment phobe with money and very emotionally unavailable. there's many versions of him in NYC especially. Carrie clocked it when she called herself a masochist for being in love with him

melaninmuse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,030 7,345 271
Alleybux
Big would’ve given her money. He wrote that check to save her apartment before she even finished asking the question. She was the one who refused to cash his check.

Aiden was a prick for demanding she buy him out or whatever, but they should’ve waited to be married first before doing all of that. He was a jilted lover who wanted revenge.

I actually don't think he was. I'm no Aidan fan at all (I thought he was a simp and "nice guy" who should have never taken Carrie back), but he gave Carrie the chance to buy her apartment before he put it on the market. Even Miranda read the contract and said it was fair.

I think if he wanted to be petty he would have just put the apartments on sale and let Carrie put out an offer with everyone else.

melaninmuse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,030 7,345 271
Alleybux
Thank you thank you! I love the 1st movie and never watched the show but it was painfully obvious Big didn't want to marry her and Miranda had no "Big" impact on that man changing his mind.

why haven't you watched the show? I'm jw because every SATC fan I know hates the movies lmao.

anyway, in the series Big is clearly a commitment phobe who doesn't want to be married. he wouldn't even make Carrie his official girlfriend or let her meet his mother...he treated her like sh!t honestly.

And he cheated on his first and second wife..

1619318485405.png

And carrie wasn't even his type. normally he went for models, which is why she was so insecure half the time.

1619318449450.png

Also, Miranda was clearly going through it and Carrie should have had empathy. Except she was very narcissistic, so it was fitting she didn't.

Last edited:

DontTouchXO

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
69,067 2,994 3,139
Alleybux
why haven't you watched the show? I'm jw because every SATC fan I know hates the movies lmao.

anyway, in the series Big is clearly a commitment phobe who doesn't want to be married. he wouldn't even make Carrie his official girlfriend or let her meet his mother...he treated her like sh!t honestly.

And he cheated on his first and second wife..

View attachment 2502186

And carrie wasn't even his type. normally he went for models, which is why she was so insecure half the time.

View attachment 2502181

Also, Miranda was clearly going through it and Carrie should have had empathy. Except she was very narcissistic, so it was fitting she didn't.

Welp, looks like i've got some bingeing to do. Miss Carrie is a mess!