Quantcast

Unpopular opinion: Christians have allowed their religion to be desacralized and resent Muslims and Jews for it

Amina Zaria

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
85,527 6,289 5,813
Alleybux
I noticed this a long time ago but it was blatant on these Lil Nas threads,

one post out of three was like " they will never go after Islam and Judaism like that" or " why do they always attack Christians and never Muslims and Jews" etc.

Like i asked in one of these threads, why are some Christians throwing Muslims and Jews under the bus when they get attacked? What do you gain from it?

If Christians would have gatekeep their religion like Muslims and Jews did, they wouldn't by an easy target and everybody's punching bag.

Often time i will watch a movie and they will randomly mock Jesus, or Christianity, or Christians for no reason and honestly it breaks my heart, Christianity has become the butt of the joke but its not Muslims or Jews fault. Jesus is a respected prophet in both these religions and is sacred for us too.

And stop acting like Islam doesn't get criticized every fµck!ng day , same for Judaism, people who hate religion hate ALL religion not just Christianism.

Anyway just a little rant, next time your religion gets attacked , try to actually defend it without throwing other religions under the bus.

herbalmintea

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
171,787 7,962 1,970
Alleybux
In my opinion people don't go after Jews and Muslims as much as Christians comes down to fear. Christians don't play but Jewish people and Muslim people really don't play, and that's all Imma say about that.

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,880 9,360 4,311
Alleybux
Whenever Christians open their mouths they're told to shut up.

Whenever Christians say anything they're told "But what about" and given a ton of examples.

Muslims have a ton of skeletons in their closet too but ain't no one about to tell them that.

Amina Zaria

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
85,527 6,289 5,813
Alleybux
In my opinion people don't go after Jews and Muslims as much as Christians comes down to fear. Christians don't play but Jewish people and Muslim people really don't play, and that's all Imma say about that.

Then Christians need to stop playing too

Amina Zaria

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
85,527 6,289 5,813
Alleybux
Whenever Christians open their mouths they're told to shut up.

Whenever Christians say anything they're told "But what about" and given a ton of examples.

Muslims have a ton of skeletons in their closet too but ain't no one about to tell them that.

See thats what im saying , no one said that Muslims are perfect but you're first reflex is to bring their skeletons up , why? And you really think that Muslims arent told " but what about" too ?

Why do you actually shut up when they tell you to ? why dont you guys stand up for your religion more?

thats what im confused about...

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,893 2,253 1,262
Alleybux
You don't have to be a Christian or follower of Jesus Christ to notice the disrespect and hatred levied towards us. It's blatantly obvious. And it's purposeful. Jesus told His followers that we would be hated by the world because we believe and follow Him. He told us they hated Him and they will hate us, and they do! We should expect to be mocked and persecuted. I don't resent Jews or Muslims for Christian persecution and mockery. That's ridiculous. I consider myself blessed. And every time we are mocked and ridiculed it just makes my faith stronger and let's me know I'm on the right track.

Happy Holy Week to all followers of Jesus!

Amina Zaria

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
85,527 6,289 5,813
Alleybux
You don't have to be a Christian or follower of Jesus Christ to notice the disrespect and hatred levied towards us. It's blatantly obvious. And it's purposeful. Jesus told His followers that we would be hated by the world because we believe and follow Him. He told us they hated Him and they will hate us, and they do! We should expect to be mocked and persecuted. I don't resent Jews or Muslims for Christian persecution and mockery. That's ridiculous. I consider myself blessed. And every time we are mocked and ridiculed it just makes my faith stronger and let's me know I'm on the right track.

Happy Holy Week to all followers of Jesus!

Happy Holy week to you guys !

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,880 9,360 4,311
Alleybux
See thats what im saying , no one said that Muslims are perfect but you're first reflex is to bring their skeletons up , why? And you really think that Muslims arent told " but what about" too ?

Why do you actually shut up when they tell you to ? why dont you guys stand up for your religion more?

Look at any thread here since this Lil Nas thing popped off and all you see is Christians being dragged. So the Catholic church may or may not be touching little children. What does that have to do with my grandfather worshiping Jesus? My grandfather isn't Catholic anyway, he's Lutheran. So what if I happened to like Michael Jackson? He was JW right? Ya'll going to bring that up? It's like people want to do two things here. People want to lump all of "Christians" into one basket not realizing that isn't how it works. Some try to live by what Jesus said. Some live in constant sin and couldn't tell you what John 3:16 says. If anyone tried that with a Muslim they'd either get straight cursed out or killed. A Christian will shake his head in sadness and walk away. That's the first and the second is that people want to deflect. It isn't "but what about". The mess is demonic. Period. The man went to Hell and gave Satan a lap dance. Tell me how it could get worse than that besides a bit more into the xes act. Where is the line drawn? Christians can't draw a line in the sand?

Let me ask you this. What does a Christian being pressed about this clearly Satanic video have to do with all these other people? Let them be pressed in peace.

Amina Zaria

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
85,527 6,289 5,813
Alleybux
Look at any thread here since this Lil Nas thing popped off and all you see is Christians being dragged. So the Catholic church may or may not be touching little children. What does that have to do with my grandfather worshiping Jesus? My grandfather isn't Catholic anyway, he's Lutheran. So what if I happened to like Michael Jackson? He was JW right? Ya'll going to bring that up? It's like people want to do two things here. People want to lump all of "Christians" into one basket not realizing that isn't how it works. Some try to live by what Jesus said. Some live in constant sin and couldn't tell you what John 3:16 says. If anyone tried that with a Muslim they'd either get straight cursed out or killed. A Christian will shake his head in sadness and walk away. That's the first and the second is that people want to deflect. It isn't "but what about". The mess is demonic. Period. The man went to Hell and gave Satan a lap dance. Tell me how it could get worse than that besides a bit more into the xes act. Where is the line drawn? Christians can't draw a line in the sand?

Let me ask you this. What does a Christian being pressed about this clearly Satanic video have to do with all these other people? Let them be pressed in peace.

I don't think you understand what i am trying to say..

FB753652-2EAA-46D5-B2F7-343DB87F36A8.jpeg

Real Housewife of Wakanda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
47,791 1,117 691
Alleybux
Most Christians don't follow the Bible or even know what the hell they believe. They claim Christianity but don't REALLY want anything to do with the religion itself. They don't take themselves seriously, so why should anyone else?

KozmicSlop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,006 1,900 450
Alleybux
I completely agree. No one goes after their religions as much as they criticize and disparage Christianity. Like a font above me said, it boils down to fear because there will be true repercussions for disrespecting their God, especially in Islam.

makemeproud

BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
92,835 2,629 822
Alleybux
I think with Judaism, ppl are scared of being labeled as antisemite/nazis and Jews can really blackball you.

With Islam, Muslims aren’t even allowed to draw their prophets themselves, so when others do it and especially to mock, things can escalate real quick and the extremists in that religion aren’t afraid to kill/die to make a point.

Makeupfanatic

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,955 1,003 186
Alleybux
I was just thinking this yesterday, you read my mind. To be honest you are right a lot of Christians do not gatekeep therefore it is open season. Honestly, a lot of Christians don't even follow a lot of the old ways. For example mixing fabrics, co-signing for loans, dressing modestly, making false images (That picture of Jesus should not be used, people say it's Cesare Borgia and even if it isn't it's blasphemy because we don't have actual knowledge of what Jesus looked like except for a basic description and that's still not enough to go by). Getting tattoos is another one, the eating pork thing low-key is debatable. In all honesty, most Christians just follow the parts of the bible they want and swear God will either forgive them or just don't adhere to the old ways.

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,880 9,360 4,311
Alleybux
I don't think you understand what i am trying to say..

View attachment 2433034

What are you trying to say? Maybe we're confused here.

You asked why the knee jerk reaction happens. I explained it. Look at any of these threads. Look at even this one. Christians are basically being told they have no right to be offended by this video because of what other so called "Christians" act like and believe. Christians are told "but what about" and pointed to many other examples of things that need to be fixed in the church. Christians say that isn't fair, other religions don't have this problem. You ain't talking to a Muslim like that and then you just brought up a good point. How do we know that? TBH I have never seen anyone dare confront a Muslim.

This is the closest I've ever seen anyone come to it. I've heard this whispered in the streets but no one dared say it to a Muslim's face.

You have all these classic examples of gays going into Christian bakeries and getting them in all sorts of trouble for refusing to cater a gay marriage as it goes against the religion. Try that mess with a Muslim. They won't. It just won't happen. I know Muslim restaurants. I know Muslims. As I said, they have told me that you get stoned for being gay. Period. There is no discussion. Lil Nas X purposely made a video to trigger Christians by saying that they believe and have told him he's going to Hell so he did it then he lap danced on Satan. Who's laughing now? He'd never do some video on any other religion.

Ya'll remember years ago when South Park tried to do an image of Muhammad and got a metric ton of death threats so they had to cover him up? Other religions don't play that. It isn't about "but what about" to them. They don't care. They cut right to the chase and threatened lives. Christians try to be nice and this is what they get in return. I think that's why there's an issue here. Christians are trying to understand why people don't try that with other religions but we all know why. People will end up dead. So instead they pick on Christians and Jesus.

Most Christians don't follow the Bible or even know what the hell they believe. They claim Christianity but don't REALLY want anything to do with the religion itself. They don't take themselves seriously, so why should anyone else?

That is a fair point but who are you to judge them? They can't take offense to something clearly made to offend them? I know multiple Christians living just as you speak. They infuriate me to no end so I know what you're saying but I'm not about to call them wrong for taking offense to this mess.

Penny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
93,111 2,120 1,683
Alleybux
Probably because Christians haven't shown the same willingness and ability to organize and incite economic damage like the other two. Jewish and Muslim communities actually enforce consequences that Christianity doesn't --- 'western' Christianity never found the balance between 'faith' and profit....the more the church was pushed as something for the old and un-innovative and the more money corporations made going directly against 'christian' teachings, the less respect. At least, this is my view...

LaBelleChose

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,401 461 73
Alleybux
I am a Christian, but I think that unfortunately Christianity was misused by white men for many years nefarious purposes, like invading other civilizations and stealing their land under the guise of converting the inhabitants. The American religious right also hitched itself to the Republican wagon, and so Christianity is stereotyped by many as the religion for racist white conservatives, making it an easy target for the left-leaning Hollywood set.

Christianity is also perceived as the majority religion in the U.S., and it’s always more acceptable to mock, criticize or make fun of a majority group. Kind of like when non-white comedians make jokes about white people. Judaism and Islam are minority religions in the U.S., so it feels bully-ish to go after either of those religions.

I’m not even convinced the majority of Americans are still Christian. Many people who call themselves Christians haven’t darkened the door of a church in years, let alone prayed or cracked open a Bible. Many don’t even have a real grasp on the basic tenets of Christianity but think they are Christian because some pastor sprinkled water on their head when they were babies.

highhvibes

The Boss.
Reaction score
Reactions
6,684 435 203
Alleybux

one post out of three was like " they will never go after Islam and Judaism like that" or " why do they always attack Christians and never Muslims and Jews" etc.

Like i asked in one of these threads, why are some Christians throwing Muslims and Jews under the bus when they get attacked? What do you gain from it?

If Christians would have gatekeep their religion like Muslims and Jews did, they wouldn't by an easy target and everybody's punching bag.

Often time i will watch a movie and they will randomly mock Jesus, or Christianity, or Christians for no reason and honestly it breaks my heart, Christianity has become the butt of the joke but its not Muslims or Jews fault. Jesus is a respected prophet in both these religions and is sacred for us too.

And stop acting like Islam doesn't get criticized every fµck!ng day , same for Judaism, people who hate religion hate ALL religion not just Christianism.

Anyway just a little rant, next time your religion gets attacked , try to actually defend it without throwing other religions under the bus.
Well I agree with the sentiment that no one mocks religions like they do Christians it's almost like it's edgy or something these days, from the Jesus memes to the outright blasphemy but Chile hell is hot and if they not careful they might just find out.

Chibabe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
109,000 2,520 2,483
Alleybux
Probably because Christians haven't shown the same willingness and ability to organize and incite economic damage like the other two. Jewish and Muslim communities actually enforce consequences that Christianity doesn't --- 'western' Christianity never found the balance between 'faith' and profit....the more the church was pushed as something for the old and un-innovative and the more money corporations made going directly against 'christian' teachings, the less respect. At least, this is my view...
its not the economic damage these folks are worried about lmao.

these muslims will slit your throat in broad daylight and feel justified if you fw them and their beliefs. the real difference is in the teachings of the diff religions. but ppl dont want to talk about that. Christianity preaches forgiveness as a principle, while islam teaches obedience or else.

as for jews, honestly as much as jews are talked about, most ppl dont know much about the intricate details of their religion. i will even be honest and admit i didnt until i started dating a jewish man. the few parts that ppl are introduced to via jewish celebs and prominent figures, get light jokes that moreso exalt them than disparage them. if any disparagement is even whiffed though, prepare to have your whole livelihood fµcked up. and if you're in israel, you'll definitely get fµcked up physically too.

you can't say the same for christianity in any regard like the above two.

Balloo

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,731 3,539 1,102
Alleybux
I agree. I remember years ago, around 2010, when Lady Gaga or Katy Perry did a catholic priest themed performance for an award show.

I was like damn they're gonna let that pass?? And they did. Before that, I guess it was Madonna and other artists. This edgy stuff has been going on for a while. The Lil Nas music video didn't come out of nowhere.

You don't get a pass like that with Jews or Muslims. Katy Perry put 1 second of the word Allah in her video one time and Muslims online were furious for a month at least. As we should be.

I think the deeper thing going on is that it's very easy not to be religious in the western world. We're not dealing with famine, war, poverty, death of children, etc on that level. When times are good it's easy to not need God. And the Christian world has been doing good for a while, so Christians are generally less religious.

Connie Flemming

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,786 2,924 1,877
Alleybux

Hello!?
Did you not get my message about China bending African leaders over, it’s really urgent and you need to something about it, China is going to be y’all new daddy. I’m going to send it again. K.

must be exhausting always being passed around by world powers. I guess it’s China turn. Don’t you think this more pressing than worrying about the ODR lol.

Amina Zaria

General Manager
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
85,527 6,289 5,813
Alleybux
Hello!?
Did you not get my message about China bending African leaders over, it’s really urgent and you need to something about it, China is going to be y’all new daddy. I’m going to send it again. K.

must be exhausting always being passed around by world powers. I guess it’s China turn. Don’t you think this more pressing than worrying about the ODR lol.

tumblr_pfu3kq34Qr1us4qppo2_250.gif

O.o

Black Women Disproportionately @ Risk For Homicide
Reaction score
Reactions
401,375 11,864 9,185
Alleybux

There are maybe 5 real Christians on the whole damn earth

What people practice in the USA and Europe is white supremacy and racism for themselves.

banksy212

Triggering fonts like fleas on a Cl*t,
Reaction score
Reactions
99,298 6,183 2,312
Alleybux
They are afraid of being killed.

There is a reason why Christian countries are the safest, and Muslim countries the unsafest it’s because Muslim countries normalise violence at an extremely bizarre rate

PengHun123

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
153,727 15,081 2,096
Alleybux
I think because of 9/11 and the racist attacks against Muslims is why people don't go after Islam and disrespect it much as they do with Christianity.

ajackson17

Da Yung Imhotep rappin Py
Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 531 946
Alleybux
Islam was getting hit with fire after 9/11 especially by Christian evangelist. But Christians are the vast majority in First World nations so it gets critique the most and if you critique the old testament than you critique the Judaism.