Quantcast

Unpopular Opinions About Colorism

Panamanian

Abundance.
Reaction score
Reactions
89,693 5,459 3,941
Alleybux
Dark skin black men do experience colorism. The only time they don't is when they are being praised and desired by dark skin women.

Dark skin men face racism and extra colorism in the corporate workplace, dark skin male immigrants are less likely to get jobs and dark skin men are more likely to get higher prison sentences.
And then they turn around and project all of that on to Black women.

Panamanian

Abundance.
Reaction score
Reactions
89,693 5,459 3,941
Alleybux
Brown/Darkskin Men & Lightskin Men are in competition with each other too don’t get it twisted. Lightskin Men feel they have to compete because their seen as not Manly enough, They feel they have to outdo Brown/Darkskin Men.Truth Be Told Brown/Darkskin Men Don’t Like Lightskin Men because they feel like their too good looking and get all the women when that’s the complete opposite.I don’t think Lightskin Men were ever truly in style I’ve always Seen Darkskin Men & Lightskin Women be the love Symbol of The Black Community. I’ve Seen Way Darkskin Men Representation Than I have Lightskin Men,Lightskin Men are seen As Too Pretty,Weak,Soft,Corny,Lame,Try Hard, they’ve never been in style in my opinion and they also BE HAIRY AS HELL And Gross Looking. Darkskin Men got that Hairless Chocolate Smooth Skin. Darkskin Athletes are Definitely the superior Athletes.
I honestly don’t care about colorism regarding Black men. Make your own thread for that

PoeticGoddess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
69,616 2,256 1,739
Alleybux
Black women were so proud and eager to call cardi 'You look like a roach' b as a black woman. Even using the tag #blackgirlmagic to describe her.

It was black men that opened the door to this nonsense, but black women will sit there and defend their erasure.

Why have so few black women spoken up about the majority of black women in film are light skinned mixed race biracials?
END THREAD

CherriGarcia

FKA RumTresLeche
Reaction score
Reactions
229,267 37,367 12,069
Alleybux
Brown/Darkskin Men & Lightskin Men are in competition with each other too don’t get it twisted. Lightskin Men feel they have to compete because their seen as not Manly enough, They feel they have to outdo Brown/Darkskin Men.Truth Be Told Brown/Darkskin Men Don’t Like Lightskin Men because they feel like their too good looking and get all the women when that’s the complete opposite.I don’t think Lightskin Men were ever truly in style I’ve always Seen Darkskin Men & Lightskin Women be the love Symbol of The Black Community. I’ve Seen Way Darkskin Men Representation Than I have Lightskin Men,Lightskin Men are seen As Too Pretty,Weak,Soft,Corny,Lame,Try Hard, they’ve never been in style in my opinion and they also BE HAIRY AS HELL And Gross Looking. Darkskin Men got that Hairless Chocolate Smooth Skin. Darkskin Athletes are Definitely the superior Athletes.
You make no sense

MiyahLee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
117,241 8,765 8,258
Alleybux

Sweetiepiie

I'm walking on sunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
155,929 4,475 2,414
Alleybux
Lighter skin women aren't more colorist or anti black than dark skin women

Being lighter skin doesn't make you less black. I see people acting like lighter skin women aren't black. Its so weird.

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,683 11,987 332
Alleybux
*edit (originally i quoted the comments, but I see LSA blocks out its name so i'm guessing the content isn't allowed, so i removed it.)

people exaggerate the % dsw complaining in comparison to the % lsw complaining about their treatment on this board.

when i looked up LSA website reviews on *********** i noticed a LOT of colorism complaints, so i searched "skinned" roughly 20% of 100+ reviews contained complaints about colorism directed at LSW. nearly all accusing women of being jealous, african, hateful or aggressive towards LSW & how no wonder we don't have men.

I did not see any from dsw even though i know dsw experience colorism on this board. to be sure, i searched "dark" and nope

Last edited:

Overitall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,953 6,762 4,422
Alleybux
people exaggerate the % dsw complaining in comparison to the % lsw complaining about their treatment on this board.

when i looked up LSA website reviews i noticed a LOT of colorism complaints, so i searched "skinned" roughly 20% were complaints about colorism. nearly all accusing women of being jealous, african, hateful or aggressive towards LSW.

I did not see any from dsw even though i know dsw experience colorism on this board. to be sure, i searched "dark" and nope, i still did not see any. just stating this because i quoted the reviews below & don't wanna seem bias like i intentionally only quoted excerpts from LS complainers.

colorism excerpts from reviews :

"There's alot of Africans on this site and they hate black Americans but in particular light skin black Americans."

"They dont like to read posts and argues with you over a title. They make every opinion about the color of skin."

"They also are sprew hateful and ignorant comments towards black men in interracial relationships (the level of hate, bitterness and resent towards white women and light skinned women of color on that forum is astounding), I have seen so many complain and whine about it being difficult to find men especially black men who are attracted too black women. It took every bit of willpower I had not to point out that it's no doubt their toxic attitude that makes it difficult for them to find a man who wants to date them because there are plenty of black women who have no trouble finding men including black men who are attracted too them. I wrote the forum off as a lost cause when I came across two cruel and repulsive fonts making vile remarks about Asians"

"Lipstick alley is a place where angry insecure black women gather to vent their frustrations with being dark-skinned. It's obvious that most of them went through trauma as children and now suffer from mental illness."

#5 -- this one says if u are ds apparently your people weren't integrated.
"Basically if you are a woman and not as dark as Lupita (or close) then you will not feel welcome (major "colorism"/racist debacle going on over there). To my main point: your average African American from what I've seen (and I'm well traveled) has a complexion within a broad spectrum of rich medium to light-medium brown tones, with exception to some geographic areas where there appears to have been little to no integration, and zero integration is not the common denominator for African-Americans, and thus overall they in general do not resemble full-blooded Africans at all. YET the site reads like it is designed for the venting of full-blooded black African women who are unhappy with their skin color and looks, and hate the looks of our attractive African-Americans, particularly the famous ones (aside from their "fan girling" of certain mixed-race celebs). Most African-Americans downplay their own white heritage (if known) and that of the many historical black figures who had (or still have) a white parent due to accepting the "one drop" doctrine"

"Avoid this website like the plague. They hate light skin women, white, puerto rican, mexican, Asian women, black men. They are mentally ill femcels who whine about colorism while they stan for their faves Rihanna and Beyonce"

"This forum is racist, they do not allow light skin black women to express their view points on being bullied by this new pro dark skin, anti light skin racist movement that is taking place online."

"We know black people and their humor, but there's constant discussions about skin color and who really counts as black and who doesn't."

"There has been an influx of SJW Twitter and Tumblr females, Caribbeans, Africans (yes, even those born outside their countries and continent too), and kids that has turned that site into a politically correct, cry baby, hell hole where all people want to do is complain about so called white supremacy and how miserable it is being dark skinned. You can tell that these are other women because the average AA woman doesn't sit around crying about skin color,...American women have NO REASON to envy Africans, most of you WISH you were us and literally copy everything we do, y'all are not pretty on average and have hard faces (this is usually how I KNOW these fake black Americans are really americanized africans), we're gorgeous, we don't have to bleach our skin because we already have what alot of you wish you did, lol I could go on...Remember, some of these so called americans are actually YOUR people, I know you recognize a ugly fellow african when you see one. Keep living through the handful of naturally pretty and lighter skinned African women that y'all do have because you know most of you are busted especially without all that make up and other things you need."

"They make fun of Nigerian women's weaves, skin colors, bodies and features. If a Nigerian beauty guru gets more shine than a black American beauty guru, the hate comes out. They tell Nigerian women to go back to Africa, call them ugly and dirty, they tell Nigerians they are better than us. For what? Yet they worship white men, white men don't even marry them often. They also hate on light skin women. Their own black American men refuse to marry them."

"This whole colorism thing is one-sided as heck! I cannot even count how many times I have personally ran into a mean-spirited darker woman and my mother (who is brown skinned) has seen it with her very own eyes.... I see why black men leave them for better women who are not dark/black. This website is full of negativity and it's just as bad as 4-Chan or whatever those "chan" websites are, but this is the black women version of it. Hopefully this website crashes and burns in 2020. This site really needs to go! The jealousy for other women on this site makes me gag smh. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE IF YOU ARE LIGHT SKIN AND PRETTY! STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE DARK SKIN AND PRETTY AND YOU JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE FEATURES THAT AREN'T "NEGROID". THEY WILL HATE YOU!"

"The vast majority of the active posters on this site are now either immigrants or 2nd generation who spend countless hours creating threads about their obsession with skin color, their mental health issues, dating outside of their race, or their favorite Kenyan Mexican actress Lupita Nyong'o."

" I am mixed with black and white and I found my welcome on LSA to be unwelcoming. They hated me so much. I didn't even have to mention anything regarding my race, them knowing I had lighter skin was instant hatred. They do not like mixed race people either"

"the obsession with skin-tone is BEYOND pathetic. It's the whole, "So-and-so is 'light-skin'...(instead of using the correct term, 'light-skinned' - this is the grammatically incorrect nonsense I am referring to) so she is not one of us"... mentality. That's just a typical day of embarrassing idiosyncrasies."

"the majority of the female Black posters are West Africans and Caribbeans. This group hates the following: ... 3) ANYONE WITH LIGHTER SKIN and will create countless threads about skin color. If your skin is the color of Tisha Campbell or paler, they will call you white even if both of you parents are African American."

#16 - this reviewer quotes another reviewer & rebuts their points. i bolded the portions they were responding to
"Please believe it! "They make fun of Nigerian women's weaves, skin colors, bodies and features"- I've seen some of this happen, but it usually happens after an ADOS/Black American has been provoked by someone who is Nigerian or Nigerian American. There is a very unhealthy obsession with skin color on LSA. Most of the fonts who are involved in this dialogue live in the Colorism Forum and they are mainly Africans. There is also a very unhealthy obsession with hating any female who is biracial or has a lighter complexion. Again, the main culprits who are involved in this are indeed African or Black Brits. Instead of loving their skin, they attack others. "They tell Nigerian women to go back to Africa, call them ugly and dirty, they tell Nigerians they are better than us"- Again lies and half truths. If an ADOS/Black American has said any of this, it is because they were provoked first. Don't attack if you can't handle the clapback!..."They also hate on light skin women"- This is not the norm for ADOS/Black American women. Once again, it is not that many of them left who regularly post on LSA so all of this "hate" is coming from some Africans."

#17 - this post tagged users. i replaced it with ____
"Another font who is hateful but claims not to post any more She's an overweight, light skinned ADOS woman from the DMV area who talks down on Africans. There was a thread about light skinned Africans and she said most were bleaching and did not share the same undertones as ADOS black light skinned women...You can't praise light skinned black women on this website. The dark skinned , _____, ___________, _______, ________, ______, _________ hates on light skinned women. They are very jealous of these women. The same women refuse to compliment light skinned women. Dark skinned women are the only ones allowed to have praise worthy threads. If you say a light skinned woman is pretty or better looking than a dark skinned woman, you will be accused of being colorist. Most of the time, it is not being dark skinned, it is the fact they are ugly. According to the website, all dark skinned women are attractive but light skinned women are pretty because they are light skinned. They can't tell you what privileges light skinned women have except for male attention from black men. The same women worship white men, have dedication threads to non black men and are attempting to have families with these men which creates the light skinned mixed kids that have features and looks the envy in light skinned women. I see why black men refuse to date them. Not all BM, but many."

"I realized the hard way that LSA was not only anti-Greek, but anti black men, anti light skin, anti trans. Essentially anti everything."

"A lot of people seem to have a problem with skin color. So I am black, but a light skin person, and I see a lot of HATE. So yes, black people CAN be racist against black people too."

source: https://www.**********.com/reviews/lipstickalley.com
dsw stay getting gaslit and lied on.

ShesImmaculate

dare to believe
Reaction score
Reactions
13,316 472 252
Alleybux
This is not a victim resume, just venting.

MOST brownskin ppl aren't offended when you call them dark... they just perplexed and actually think you're salty and kinda special for the fact that you act like Viola Davis and Nia Long have the experience and look similar colorwise. Like are you blind or just doing the Kumbaya thing, which is cool cuz we're all black... some things are just obvious. It is what it is.

Speaking of colorism, this one experience: Imagine being a candidate for a position paying up 75k and you have none of the education but instinctively know the assignment, you're about to luck up from the ground up. You're going from Team Lead to District Manager... 2 chicks who are DS are also Team Lead and in competition but not as seasoned or prepared to compete for that position. I trained both of them from day 1.

They both doing the high school mean girl shenanigans, little dumb sh!t to irritate you because you're in charge... putting food in the wrong boxes, undercooking fries, mopping the floor with a greasy mop, so when I clock in at 2pm my shift is at risk of slip n fall so I have to pressure wash and flood the floors which is inappropriate in the middle of the day and slows things down big time. You trying to Cinderella my ass?

One day you walk into work and a few employees (some nonblack smh) inform you that you've been accused of calling the same 2 DS coworkers "black (dark) b*tches." I'm thinking it's just divide & conquer tactic BECAUSE I'M BLACK MYSELF tf... NOPE. One of them even confronted me as if she wasn't the one that spread the lie. Ok that's some high school sh!t so I kinda ignored it and told her girl plz. THEY made the distinction between dark and brown and literally used it against me. We only a few shades apart and i thought I was "dark" too wtf

Some weeks later I suspect severàl if not ALL the employees are 'conspiring' to get me fired or sabotage my promotion... so i went snooping in the Mgr drawer and discovered at least 5 affidavits from employees, 3 from the 2 chicks, stating they witnessed me stealing. The manager was Filipino/Chinese and didn't hide the fact that she didn't care for blk ppl. So now i gotta deal with her racism and their colorism, she already acting bothered because I was considered for a position over her, but she had taken the General Manager position that I was being considered for. So I'm competing with subordinates and superiors.

"I witnessed ********* pay for her food but took an extra portion"

"I witnessed ******** charge a guest for food but didn't ring it up" I wasn't even clocked in ATM smh

Etc, etc I trashed all of them thank goodness I caught that, 5 against 1, guess who upper mgmt would believe.

I did transfer to another location about 40 miles out and 1 of the main perpetrators followed me there, I guess to compete even more... the shenanigans kept on keepin on. I was probably the only black female supervisor in a nearly all white town, how you gonna misrepresent like that, you KNOW ppl feel some kinda way about BW managers period... throwing fiery darts and loud colorist microaggressions my way in front of guests and workers. She was bigger but knew i could beat her ass but I don't fight, too old for that. Just low vibration and dare I say jealous af. Acting like an audience doesn't notice the obvious colorism at play. They know and you looking ignorant.

Now tell me colorism and its impact on DS "victims" isn't a thing. Victims can be perpetrators too, you can be both at the same time so check yourself. All of that drama coming from a damaged person doing the "reverse colorism" thing. If you don't like someone just say you dislike them for no reason, but you know that'd make you look bitter and evil, so use colorism as an excuse, as if it's an excuse

Just getting it off my chest. I be reading these colorism threads and be like damn GET OVER IT, then i reminisce and I get it. I really don't care about the sh!t talking but when it's in the workplace and affecting my $$ then it's def an issue. I did stoop low and reported one to CPS and like magic they stopped. Sad it had to go that far but some ppl really need their battery pulled. Wanna be the victim AND the perpetrator, go ahead and multitask with yo bad self, Sis, maoooo.

Did that make me hate all DS females the way they hated me? No. Do I have a complex behind it? Kinda. sh!t I'm sensitive so this hit hard.

I think everybody has done the colorist thing to their advantage, it's just these 2 chicks did it for years and never bothered to hide it.

Years later I was on FB and saw one of them post "why I gotta be a black b*tch every time a mf has a problem with me?"

So everybody outchea calling you a black B :disdain

How you gonna use an ism to mask your wicked ways. Just compete fair n square, if you're righteous you'll win at the end. Slow n steady wins the race.

Last edited:

ShesImmaculate

dare to believe
Reaction score
Reactions
13,316 472 252
Alleybux
Shamar is Biracial... You should've used Will Smith a monoracial man.
I was just watching a youtube video with Shamar and his mother, she looked like a passe blanc creole woman, or some black somewhere down the line. Nonetheless that'd be a nonblack person anyway, so he's biracial still.

ShesImmaculate

dare to believe
Reaction score
Reactions
13,316 472 252
Alleybux
@Selena08

The truth is strange or does it hurt :rotfl

They always skep'ing the real sh!t but believe some rainbow fantasy that cardi b is black and colorism doesn't exist.

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,683 11,987 332
Alleybux
*edit (originally i quoted the comments, but I see LSA blocks out its name so i'm guessing the content isn't allowed, so i removed it.)

when i looked up LSA website reviews on *********** i noticed a LOT of colorism complaints, so i searched "skinned" roughly 20% of 100+ reviews contained complaints about colorism directed at LSW. nearly all accusing women of being jealous, african, hateful or aggressive towards LSW & how no wonder we don't have men.

I did not see any from dsw even though i know dsw experience colorism on this board. to be sure, i searched "dark" and nope

can't edit, saw same thing on urban dictionary. about 10 entries for this site and numerous definitions mentioned being jealous / haters of LSw.

so again, DSw get the rep of frequently going on and on about colorism on this site but i keep encountering the "reverse colorism" stuff much more.

Anaya99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
62,424 2,805 2,053
Alleybux
OMG !!!! SAY IT AGAIN FOR THE ANGRIES IN THE BACK !!!!

Cause this ish is getting ridiculous.

ive said this time and time again, I’m very dark skin and I LOVE IT …. NO ONE CAN MAKE ME FEEL INSECURE OR SEEK OUT ANGRY A$$ ALLIES! I really could care less about the lighter skin and you know why …. I am so secure and truth be told I run MF CIRCLES around the lighter skin … like this bad bish does I’m pretty sure …

View attachment 3322655
this is off topic but omg the smallest baby doesn't look real
literally looks like a doll of how small and cute she is
I want to hold her lol

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,633 5,573 5,245
Alleybux
Dark skin men often think they are more manly than light skinned men. I don't think many dark skin men have low self esteem, or suffer from self-hatred, they are just cocky as hell and fall into the BS mantra that dark skin is more masculine, so they feel they are the epitome of masculinity.

Amanda8808

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,347 325 801
Alleybux

LSA really does say and do 19 of all this.

Miketeams

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,044 146 239
Alleybux
Random question

The whole discourse of the colourist and self hating black men has some validation. Colourisim is huge in almost all POC communities however what’s unjustified to me is the idea that anyone who dates lighter women or women outside of their race are “sellouts” where as Celebrity partake in this almost JUST AS MUCH as Black men do but never get called out. This is extremely true for the most prominent black female celebrities.

Lauryn hill

Oprah

Zendeya

Michelle Obama

WINNIE HARLOW

Zoe Kravitz

Naomi Campbell

Hailey Berry

Nicki Minaj

Serena Williams

Tina Turner

Naomi Osaka

Tatyana Ali (Ashley from fresh Prince) and Hilary for that matter

Janet Jackson

Keke Palmer

Meghan Markle

Lil Kim’s current dude

Panamanian

Abundance.
Reaction score
Reactions
89,693 5,459 3,941
Alleybux
Random question

The whole discourse of the colourist and self hating black men has some validation. Colourisim is huge in almost all POC communities however what’s unjustified to me is the idea that anyone who dates lighter women or women outside of their race are “sellouts” where as Celebrity partake in this almost JUST AS MUCH as Black men do but never get called out. This is extremely true for the most prominent black female celebrities.

Lauryn hill

Oprah

Zendeya

Michelle Obama

WINNIE HARLOW

Zoe Kravitz

Naomi Campbell

Hailey Berry

Nicki Minaj

Serena Williams

Tina Turner

Naomi Osaka

Janet Jackson

Keke Palmer

Meghan Markle

Lil Kim’s current dude
I personally don’t care about the dating aspect of colorism all that much because Black women without a racial preference tend to have a multitude of options. Dsbw need to invest in their image more because it’s beneficial to invest in yourself and people who look like you.

Miketeams

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,044 146 239
Alleybux
I personally don’t care about the dating aspect of colorism all that much because Black women without a racial preference tend to have a multitude of options. Dsbw need to invest in their image more because it’s beneficial to invest in yourself and people who look like you.
Wise words tbh, I agree 100%

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,282 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
Random question

Lauryn hill

Oprah

Zendeya

Michelle Obama

WINNIE HARLOW

Zoe Kravitz

Naomi Campbell

Hailey Berry

Nicki Minaj

Serena Williams

Tina Turner

Naomi Osaka

Janet Jackson

Keke Palmer

Meghan Markle

Lil Kim’s current dude

I wouldn't use celebrities as an example for general society. Celebrities are handled and literally chosen plus programmed like robots (analogy ) and mind controlled to promote agendas

Celebrities are not everyday normal people.

Additionally I've never heard of a black person being a sell out for dating someone lighter than themselves that doesn't make sense.

Every black family I know between America and the Carribean has dark and light black family members. This occurs in Africa too.

Why do so many posters here act as if black people are one skin tone. ? Again most people here are not black or aren't recognizing black diversity.

If you're a black person you can date another black person of any skin tone. And in America half black is still black. In the Carribean too.

Black Nigerian West African Family, different skin tones, black people aren't monotone.

Nigerian-white-baby.jpg

African American Super model Tyra Banks has light skin and green gray eyes her real brother and parents are dark skinned.

ht_lg_44993_090904_ssv.jpg

Attachments

• 1291721.jpg
    1291721.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

midori2016

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,282 6,375 10,487
Alleybux
Random question

Lauryn hill

Oprah

Zendeya

Michelle Obama

WINNIE HARLOW

Zoe Kravitz

Naomi Campbell

Hailey Berry

Nicki Minaj

Serena Williams

Tina Turner

Naomi Osaka

Janet Jackson

Keke Palmer

Meghan Markle

Lil Kim’s current

Last edited:

Miketeams

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,044 146 239
Alleybux
I wouldn't use celebrities as an example for general society. Celebrities are handled and literally chosen plus programmed like robots (analogy ) and mind controlled to promote agendas

Celebrities are not everyday normal people.

Additionally I've never heard of a black person being a sell out for dating someone lighter than themselves that doesn't make sense.

Every black family I know between America and the Carribean has dark and light black family members. This occurs in Africa too.

Why do so many posters here act as if black people are one skin tone. ? Again most people here are not black or aren't recognizing black diversity.

If you're a black person you can date another black person of any skin tone. And in America half black is still black. In the Carribean too.

Black Nigerian West African Family, different skin tones, black people aren't monotone.

View attachment 3665033

African American Super model Tyra Banks has light skin and green gray eyes her real brother and parents are dark skinned.

View attachment 3665034
That white kid is a horrible example because that’s an exception to the rule. And really? That’s disingenuous to say you’ve never heard black women call black men a sell out for dating lighter shades stop.

Ypayelv

Doomer
Reaction score
Reactions
8,402 1,013 822
Alleybux
!!!

also I kind of think some women without realizing are passing their bitterness and insecurity into their offsprings which is awful to taint little innocent kids like that

I'm going to give an example

My 12 year old cousin very light skinned mariah carey shade, she is also a very sweet and innocent a bit more childish than girls her age which makes this whole situation even sadder because she is the kind of girl that literally wouldn't hurt a fly

anyways she changed schools and she is been bullied by a dark skinned girl , this girl told all the other girls not to play with her because she wasn't black and for a while my cousin was extremely isolated and depressed and was even scared to step outside the house alone
I went with my aunt to talk with the mom of the girl that was bullying her and she was so dismissive and ignorant it remind me so much of some lsa fonts I felt she was literally a few seconds away from saying "get over yourself she is light skinned I'm sure she will be fine "

after seeing her mom demeanor and reaction I totally believe she is projecting and pushing her insecurities and inferiority complex into her daughter
Its definitely a weird position when youre older. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And the eggshell walking...accusations of pride that don't exist, real desires for harmony reduced to being fake. It's very hurtful.

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

Top Bottom