Quantcast

Unpopular opinions about The Game

buttahpecan_

lsa’s resident sweetheart.
Reaction score
Reactions
194,145 5,964 1,501
Alleybux
There was nothing wrong with Janey and plus, Drew already knew Derwin was involved before she slept with him. Drew’s character would have been the side chick and baby Momma.

Janey was a rebound but she truly wanted to be with Derwin.

Janey’s character was educated, smart and an entrepreneur. Not sure why people hated on her so hard.

The only thing I didn’t like, was her hair style selection..

on a side note.. Hulu sucks they took out all the original music. Netflix has the originals.
That would’ve made it more juicier

The viewers already couldn’t stand Drew. That would’ve made views sky rocket tbh

tinyddancer

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,301 29 27
Alleybux
I rewatched on Hulu but stopped midway Season 3 because I was getting annoyed.

Tasha is incredibly immature. Those scenes with her and Malik’s biological father were cringe af. She kept pressing on him and he clearly didn’t want her. She was extremely childish with Rick Fox - I wish he told her about herself. I was happy he moved away to Miami.

Malik was disrespectful to some of the women he had in his home.

Melanie. Smh. This girl chose to take Derwin back not understanding that his child will be his first priority. All of their back and forth was tiring.

I didn’t like the scenes with Kelly and her white friends. They were annoying.

buttahpecan_

lsa’s resident sweetheart.
Reaction score
Reactions
194,145 5,964 1,501
Alleybux

Tasha is incredibly immature. Those scenes with her and Malik’s biological father were cringe af. She kept pressing on him and he clearly didn’t want her. She was extremely childish with Rick Fox - I wish he told her about herself. I was happy he moved away to Miami.

Melanie. Smh. This girl chose to take Derwin back not understanding that his child will be his first priority. All of their back and forth was tiring.

Yeah I stopped watching after season 3 or 4

Cocokisses88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,411 1,720 1,718
Alleybux
Last edited:

Cocokisses88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,411 1,720 1,718
Alleybux
I wasn't and am still not a huge fan of Chardonnay, but I like how she held her own with Jason. She is not in the least intimidated by his star and he respects her.

Last edited:

Cocokisses88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,411 1,720 1,718
Alleybux
- I understand Melanie feeling some type of way after her friendship with Tasha ended, but really Tasha is not much of a loss. She is ghetto and classless. I couldn't stand the way Tasha acted when Melanie try to mend the friendship.

- Tasha was over the top

- I wish Melanie would have tried to make friends with some women outside of football.

- I never liked Janae

Last edited:

K_Diddy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,860 1,664 69
Alleybux
I wasn't and am still not a huge fan of Chardonnay, but I like how she held her own with Jason. She is not in the least intimidated by his star and he respects her.
I went back and forth with Chardonnay. But I wish the showed what happened with her during the series finale. They just tossed her aside like she never existed.

Cocokisses88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,411 1,720 1,718
Alleybux
I didn't understand the shift from Tasha trying to run her own management office to all of a sudden working for Irv, when she had other clients after Malik fired her.

Last edited:

KingwoodHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,427 1,757 1,277
Alleybux
I don't feel Tasha was wrong when she was with coach Kenny's friends. He wanted to check her behavior byt his friends were bugging. He let her come into a situation blind about their dynamic. He was a punk from the beginning

Pettypisces

Pretty on the outside, petty on the inside
Reaction score
Reactions
223,692 4,802 397
Alleybux
I don't feel Tasha was wrong when she was with coach Kenny's friends. He wanted to check her behavior byt his friends were bugging. He let her come into a situation blind about their dynamic. He was a punk from the beginning

I just finished the scene with his weird ass, nasty friends. Tasha did more than the average black woman would do.

I'll be damned before I ever let a dog lick me on the mouth and then be insulted by some pretentious, college professor swinger.

They were not a good match. He was a weak minded man and his friends were a huge red flag. I can't wait for Rick Fox sexy ass to show up. I agreee with the font who said they should have been endgame.

Cocokisses88

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,411 1,720 1,718
Alleybux
In season 4, Tasha overreacted when Melanie had expectation of her to choose between her son and Malik. Duh! You already if she would've represented both of them at the same time, her loyalty would've been to her son. She even said out of her own mouth "family first" so really she had no reason to hold the anger at Melanie b/c she knew Melanie was right.

Also, Melanie should have stayed out of the professional side of things and Derwin was messy for expecting her to handle his business concerns with his manager, who happened to be his wife's friend. He is to blame for thier friendship ending, in a way.

K_Diddy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,860 1,664 69
Alleybux
Why?

Derwin was his homeboy. Malik’s not that evil until later into the seasons
I wonder why Malik ended up the way he did. Yeah, he was a bit jerky and loved his women, but he wasn't a piece of sh!t. I know there was a two year gap, so I don't know if something happened during that time that wasn't discussed in the later seasons. Dude was on another level.

Gina Payne

Arrivederci LSA. It's been real <3
Reaction score
Reactions
56,476 1,795 1,289
Alleybux
tinyddancer said:

That's why I said Mel should've just married Trey instead of Derwin. She married him anyway knowing he was weak and his BM situation was very dysfunctional and not worth it. Janay never really loved him and got pregnant on purpose for CS, but he really acted like that girl loved him more than Mel. Lmaoo b!tch got her CS check, crib, and kept it moving and even would disrespect Mel while engaged to another man, and Derwin would take it out on Mel. She should've dumped him long ago. Let him marry that thot since he loved her so much.

Derwin was pussy esp for letting Janay disrespect Mel and laugh when she would talk about Mel not being a real doctor etc. He would do pussy stuff like pit them against each other then yell at Mel like she making it all up. But way before they got married, when he yelled at her over that 5 mil life insurance policy for Janay while Mel was struggling as his "girl" I would've bounced. I would've told him he could have that thot, and then married Trey Wiggs and called it a day. Lol

They called Malik dumb, but u notice that Malik was never dumb or pussywhipped enough to knock up any thots looking for a check. He only had the situation with Robin Givens but he knew that was an arrangement and treated it as such.

Reaction score
Reactions
743 33 40
Alleybux
I usually don't like the laughing in the background but it fit that show well.
When they got rid of it the show seemed too serious or dark? I don't know.

The new characters were wack also. Brandy, Apple Head and Lauren London just didn't fit the show.

Im sorry but who was applehead? When I first saw that, I immediately thought of Gina:sneaky:

BABAYBOY

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,651 1,918 444
Alleybux
Kelly always will be cut from the same cloth as Jason, hence the last episode where they s3Xed in front of the team owner for a coach position.

The show only got bad last 2 seasons, the drama-comedy worked until Blue and Keira came only since it served no purpose.

Wendy Raquel SLAYED her role as Tasha, nobody and I mean NOBODY could've played that role

Jason was the real TRASH of the show, not Malik.

Tee-Tee was a real one but shockingly, he did not stop being a lapdog until season 4

Tasha wasn't angry, she just didn't know what a better man was AND how to keep him.

This show has some of the best acting/casts I've seen for its type.

BABAYBOY

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,651 1,918 444
Alleybux
Kelly also played herself, leaving San Diego calling herself "Needing time to grow for my health" only to dip back into her ways with Jason.

Brandy's character Chardonnay actually worked because she MAGNIFIED how horrible Jason really really was. I got to see how low key self-hateful he was....(pay attention to how he was after meeting her other black friends).

metalsnake22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,406 1,281 7
Alleybux
I hated how they made Janay out to be the villian when she did absolutely nothing wrong.

chickfila89

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,751 2,506 302
Alleybux
Not an opinion but I’m watching seasons 1-3 again on Hulu and what is up with the music??! All the good scenes ruined with unknown songs. One of my favorite scenes from the The “Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee” episode with Mel and Derwin with Heather Headly “In My Mind” playing in the background! Doesnt have that same effect with some whatever song. Totally disappointed

Libragrl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,916 1,432 111
Alleybux
the show had already started tanking pre-cancellation. the reason? Melanie. She went from being a driven (if not distracted) medical student to a whiny, selfish brat who cried every time she didn't get her way. I'm always disappointed when I rewatch the series because of the character regression
Yes! I just started rewatching the series and Melanie truly was a problem. I never noticed while watching when I was younger(I was team Mel). The girl is problematic!

And like others have said, she took way too many L's!

Last edited:

Libragrl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
71,916 1,432 111
Alleybux
Not unpopular but as I'm rewatching, I'm realizing Jason was SO MUCH worse than I thought he was back when I watched years ago! The man was insufferable.

Also Tasha was a b!tch goodness. To everyone. She was extremely selfish too.

CeeBunz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,386 730 56
Alleybux
I finally finished the entire series las weekend after having to take multiple breaks over the years. Hated the ending. I was glad Tasha ended up back with Pookie. They really glossed over Tee Tee's cries for help and recognition. Jason and Kelly a collective joke. And as much as I loved Blue and Keira's characters separately, they were just spinning in a hamster wheel over the dumbest sh!t that could be solved in a two minute conversation. The ending felt lazy and rushed but I guess they knew their time was up and had to tie it all up fast.

Kermit Frogg

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,188 234 129
Alleybux
I hated how Brittany was an afterthought for Jason and Kelly.

Kelly came back to win Jason back, and supported Tasha in mommy-and-me classes, but Brittany was struggling behind the scenes. That's why Brittany low-key appreciated Chardonnay, their relationship was as close of a mother- daughter relationship that she'd ever had (arguing, college talks)

News Alley

General Alley

Top Bottom