General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
01/31/10: Brandon Graves, 24, Sumter, SC

Brandon Graves - MISSING
Brandon Graves is missing.

On January 30, 2010, Brandon Graves and a friend left Myrtle Beach, SC, on a spur of the moment trip to join members of his fraternity, Alpha Phi Alpha Inc. for a homecoming event at Morris College in Sumter, SC. The twenty-four year old called his girlfriend along the way, and then called friends when he arrived.

His fraternity won first place at homecoming’s step competition.
At around 11 p.m., Graves went with two friends to Sebastian’s Night Life at 3289 Broad St., in Sumter County, but he was apparently asked to leave the club just before midnight.

Surveillance video taken outside the club shows Graves being turned away by a bouncer, before leaving. He appeared upset.

According to WLTX.com, the club’s night manager, “was standing just a few feet away when Graves came up to the club.” The manager told WLTX.com that Graves, “was intoxicated, we think, but not out of hand, but we didn't want any trouble so we told him he had to leave for the night.”

After being ejected from the club, a friend saw Graves him in the parking lot talking to a group of people. Witnesses say Graves then left in a white car, possibly to head to another club with someone.

A few hours later, Graves placed three cell phone calls. The first was at about 1 a.m., when Graves called a friend for some phone numbers. At 3 a.m., he called his cousin but got no answer, so he left a message. The last call he made was at about 4 a.m. to a friend in Myrtle Beach; he said he would see him later that day. It was the last time anyone heard from Graves.

Graves was reported missing Feb. 1, according to a police report.
Sumter County police have said that Graves has no police record, was not known to associate with drug dealers, and was a well-liked, athletic individual. His family told the media that it is unlikely that Brandon would be carrying any cash (SCNow.com, 4/29/10).

The Sumter County Sheriff’s Department initially said there was no reason to believe anyone would want to hurt Graves, but on February 6, police said they had suspicions that a crime may be involved in the disappearance.

In February 2010, authorities were able to identify a man from Claredon County who may have been the one to leave with Graves in the white car, but they said he was not a suspect.

About Brandon Graves

Brandon’s aunt and adoptive mother, Lois German, raised him since he was 3 after the death of his mother, who is her sister. She considers Brandon to be like her own child, and notes that he was always respectful as a child.

Graves, who earned the nicknamed “Peanut” because of his small stature, is described by his family as a very family-oriented person who always stayed in close contact.

At the time of his disappearance, Graves was living an hour and a half away in Myrtle Beach, and he returned to his hometown of Little Rock, SC, every weekend to be with his family and go to church.

Graves’ older sister, Vassie Lloyd, said it is not like him to leave and not contact his family or to contact his girlfriend of 7 years.

"It’s not like him to not have a called somebody.”
- Brandon Graves's sister“We don’t know where he’s at and that’s out of character for him,” Lloyd said Wednesday from her Charlotte, N.C., area home. “He’s a quiet laid back type of person. He’s a very friendly person, most times you see him he’s always smiling. He’s easy to get along and it hurts my heart that someone would want to hurt or harm him. It’s not like him to not have a called somebody.”

His brother, Lorenzo Graves, says Brandon is a" very good person” who was outspoken and friendly. “Everybody he met became his friend,” he said.

Graves attended Morris College for a year before transferring to Coastal Carolina University (CCU), where he graduated in December 2008. While at CCU, he worked as a student trainer on the CCU football team. He had just gotten a new job in Myrtle Beach two weeks before his disappearance.

If you have any information about Brandon Graves, call Sumter police at 843-436-2700 or make an anonymous call to Crimestoppers at 1-800-CRIME-SC.

Facts in this Case:Name/age: Brandon Rodriguez Graves, 24
Last contact: 1/31/10, 4 a.m., Sumter, SC
Physical Description: 5'4” 150 pounds, long black hair in dreadlocks, brown eyes.
Last seen wearing: Blue T-shirt with a black thermal shirt under it, black jeans and black baseball cap.
Notes: Graves suffers from asthma, and his family is concerned that without proper medication, his health could suffer.
Investigating Agency: Sumter police at 843-436-2700

BluGardeniaz

Love, Love, Love!
Reaction score
Reactions
12,070 204 32
Alleybux
Don't Know if these babies have been posted but thier disappearance disturbed me. The negligence of the adults. Anyhow, their cases have yet to be solved.
LaMoine Jordan Allen
  • lamoine_jordan_allen_1.jpg
    lamoine_jordan_allen_2.jpg
    lamoine_jordan_allen_3.jpg

• Kreneice Marie Jones
  • jones_kreneice.jpg
    jones_kreneice2.jpg
    jones_kreneice_ap.jpg

Details of Disappearance
LaMoine's family traveled to the Woodville, Mississippi area on May 10, 1992 to attend a Mother's Day church service and dinner. The family lived in Edgard, Louisiana at the time.

LaMoine was last seen playing in front of the Jimmy Jackson Grocery Store at approximately 4:00 p.m. with his friend Kreneice Jones. The store was approximately four miles east of Woodville, Mississippi on Highway 24. Both children disappeared and have not been seen again.

An unidentified blue compact car with a false convertible top, chrome hubcaps and dark-tinted windows was seen in the area at the time the children vanished. It is not known if the vehicle is connected to their disappearances.

LaMoine and Kreneice's families were friends. The children were at the grocery with twenty other people. LaMoine was there with relatives he lived with in Edgard, Louisiana, and Kreneice was there with her father; her parents had separated. The children's cases remain unsolved.

I get creeps whenever I think of this case. They are originally from the area where I live now. I think Kreneice's mom still lives this way. I've always prayed they would find these kids alive.

ADHD

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,082 381 48
Alleybux
I found this report on the Charley Project website and thought it was very interesting. I feel terrible for her child.

Kimberly Anne Palmer – The Charley Project

Palmer and her three-year-old son went out during the evening of October 29, 2000 with her former boyfriend, Maurice Shawtate Teele, in Carrollton, Texas.

Teele told authorities that he dropped Palmer and her son off at an apartment complex across the street from Palmer's residence later that night. She has never been heard from again.

A passing motorist discovered Palmer's son asleep on a concrete guardrail on the Josey Lane bridge over Indiana Creek in unincorporated part of Denton County near Carrolton at approximately 6:30 a.m. on October 30, the morning after Palmer's disappearance. He was in good health. An extensive search of the area produced no clues as to Palmer's whereabouts.

Palmer's family says she would never have willingly abandoned her child. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

toocurious

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,920 236 71
Alleybux
I’d like to add to this list.
There’s a guy I didn’t know personally but went to high school with. I remember seeing him around. He went missing in 2011. The last time anyone saw him was a police officer that took him to the gas station when his car broke down off of the highway in California . He hasn’t been seen or heard from again.

“There have been few clues to track. Bell, who was living in Los Angeles, didn’t tell family where he was going the day he went missing. His mother knows only what CHP officers who picked him up said he told them – that he had left a religious service he didn’t like. Bell owned a Church of Scientology book and was studying that faith, McKnight-Bell says, but she wasn’t aware of her son regularly attending any church.

Bell left his apartment without his cell phone and with food still sitting in the microwave. He ran out of gas around four hours north of Los Angeles.

“Who leaves everything to contact people and just goes driving? That wasn’t like him, that’s all I can say,” McKnight-Bell says.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fr...mns-blogs/carmen-george/article173623676.html

I think about this so often and wonder what happened to him!

Last edited:

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
This woman was mentioned on a Youtube video I was watching.

Jennifer Joyce Barton

• barton_jennifer.jpg
  • barton_jennifer2.jpg
  • barton_jennifer3.jpg
  • barton_jennifer4.jpg

Barton, circa 1976

• Missing Since 05/16/1976
  • Missing From Austin, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 05/31/1955 (64)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A burgundy body suit, blue jeans, and sandals.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Barton has a light, freckled complexion. There is a scar on the calf of her right leg, and her ears are pierced. Barton may go by her initials, J.J.
Details of Disappearance
Barton planned to go to the movies with a friend in Austin, Texas on May 16, 1976. She was short of cash and stopped at a bar in the vicinity of east 11th Street and Waller Street to see if she could get some money there. She met two African-American men inside the bar, and spent half an hour talking to them. One of them is described as 5'4 with a thin build, wearing a sailor's cap and a t-shirt. The other was 5'6 with a heavy build and a large Afro. Jennifer told a friend the men offered her $25 for xes.

She decided to go with them. One man left via the back door, and the other went out the front door and got into a large brown or tan van. It had a large whip antenna, teardrop-shaped side windows, a spare wheel on the back, and California license plates. The van turned the corner, and the second man got inside it.

One of Barton's friends was walking down the street at the time, and saw the van go around the block and come back up the street. She looked into the van, but didn't see Barton. Barton has never been heard from again.

Two other young African-American women, Debra Stewart and Brenda Moore, both disappeared from Austin in the spring of 1976, and it's possible the three cases are related. Stewart was not a prostitute, but she did frequent the 11th Street area, like Barton did, and the two women had friends and acquaintances in common.

Moore vanished on March 7, 1976; she was last seen at 3:15 p.m. on the east side of Austin. On March 12, her car was found abandoned in the 1900 block of Coleto Street, less than a block from where Stewart's vehicle was later located, with the car keys inside it.

Photographs of Moore are unavailable; she was 19 years old at the time of her disappearance and is described as 5'0 tall and 125 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. She worked as a nurse's aide and had a history of depression.

Moore was married at the time of her disappearance, but she and her husband had been separated for about four months and she had a boyfriend who drove a blue Chevrolet pickup truck. Her husband said he thought she had simply left town with another man. There is no hard evidence that Moore, Barton and Stewart's disappearances are connected, but police are looking into the possibility.

Barton was raised in an upper-middle-class family and was well-behaved as a child, but she dropped out of Reagan High School in her senior year and began dating a man who was a drug dealer and a pimp. After her boyfriend was imprisoned, she started using heroin and became a prostitute.

In February 1976, her pimp was murdered in a robbery gone bad at an Austin hotel. There were rumors that Barton had set him up, and she was afraid that his friends would come after her.

Shortly after the murder, Barton's apartment was broken into and vandalized; obscene pictures and words were painted in red on the wall and someone pinned her underwear to the wall and wrote "blood" nearby. It's unclear whether the murder of Barton's pimp and and the subsequent break-in at her apartment are connected to her later disappearance.

Barton had made comments about wanting to go to California, and police looked for her in the Los Angeles area, but their searches turned up nothing. She has a record for robbery, assault and prostitution, but she has not been arrested since her 1976 disappearance. She is considered endangered and foul play is suspected in her case.
Investigating Agency
  • Austin Police Department 512-974-5250
Jennifer Joyce Barton – The Charley Project

MISSING (05/16/1976) — Jennifer Joyce Barton Was Last Seen Getting Into a Van With Two Males

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
2,559 168 61
Alleybux
my grandmother's death has always been a mystery to me. my family is from NC with ties to DC. i was told my grandmother was found murdered in a park and had to be identified by her teeth. this is my dad's mom and it happened maybe 2/3 years before i was born so i would say somewhere between 86 & 89. my family never talk about her and i wonder why. when i was a child one of my older cousins told me this info and that i want to say that my grandmother had called home before being murdered but another one of my older cousins was on the phone with a boy and didn't pass along the call. I've googled her name and i have yet to find any info. i would love to get more info on her and this case.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Jaquilla Scales

Jaquilla Evonne Scales
  • jaquilla_evonne_scales_1.jpg
  • jaquilla_evonne_scales_2.jpg
  • jaquilla_evonne_scales_3.jpg
Jaquilla, circa 2001; Age-progression to age 15 (circa 2013)

• Missing Since 09/05/2001
  • Missing From Wichita, Kansas
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 03/02/1997 (22)
  • Age 4 years old
  • Height and Weight 3'0, 40 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A knee-length floral nightshirt and tan hair barrettes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Jaquilla's nickname is Granny-Boo. Her upper teeth are decayed. She has a brown birthmark on the left side of her face and a scar on her upper right leg.
Details of Disappearance
Jaquilla was last seen in bed in her Wichita, Kansas residence in the 1600 block of north Volutsia Street, near 15th and Hillside Streets, at approximately 12:30 a.m. on September 5, 2001. She was discovered missing at 3:00 a.m. She has never been heard from again.

There were no signs of forced entry to the residence and no indication of a struggle, and the family's dog hadn't barked. The back door was broken at the time of Jaquilla's disappearance and could not lock.

Jaquilla lived with her mother, Eureka Scales, Eureka's two-year-old son, two uncles and Jaquilla's maternal great-grandmother, Mattie Mitchell, at the time of her disappearance. She had no contact with her father. Because her Eureka was only fourteen years old when she gave birth to her daughter, she asked Mitchell to have custody. Jaquilla started preschool the day before her disappearance. That night, her mother was staying with a friend and Mitchell had charge of the children.

Social workers removed Jaquilla's younger brother from the home and placed him in the custody of the Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services shortly after Jaquilla disappeared, due to concern about living conditions in the residence and about Jaquilla's disappearance. The boy was not returned to his mother's care until August 2004, almost three years later. Eureka and her son now live a few blocks away from Jaquilla's former home.

Police are not sure whether or not Jaquilla was abducted. Her mother believes she is still alive. Eureka said her daughter was a very talkative child in 2001 and liked to wear colorful barrettes in her hair. Her favorite toy was a doll that could turn over by itself. Jaquilla's case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Wichita Police Department 316-268-4646
Jaquilla Evonne Scales – The Charley Project

TexasPaid

Stylist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
4,927 145 7
Alleybux
I wish someone would do a story on Monica Bowie, the young lady that was kidnapped in Atlanta.

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
406-408-Trotter-Family.png

This week marks one year since a young Jacksonville couple and their baby were murdered in their home on India Avenue.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has received eight tips, but no arrests have been made.

Loved ones of the triple murder victims don’t want to see this case brushed aside and forgotten.

Content Continues Below

Ariyan Johnson, 19, and Quasean Trotter, 20, were a young couple just starting their lives together when they welcomed a baby girl.

“When [Ariyan] had that baby, it brought our whole family so much joy because we hadn’t ever seen a baby that beautiful,” said Ariyan’s cousin, Sanji Sancho.

On Dec. 12, 2017, JSO says, Johnson and Trotter were shot and killed.

STORY: 'Our family will remain strong:' Family of Jacksonville triple murder victims release statement

Action News Jax sources say 11-month-old Arielle Trotter died of smoke inhalation after the killer or killers set the family’s Christmas tree on fire and left.

“We still haven’t heard anything,” said Ariyan’s cousin, Latavia Harris. “We don’t know anything more than we did the day that they passed.”

Though one year is a benchmark for an unsolved case, Action News Jax law and safety expert Dale Carson said key witnesses -- who were afraid to come forward then -- sometimes do later on. Carson said there have also been advancements in how investigations are conducted.

STORY: Family's message for person who killed young Jacksonville parents, baby: 'You know what you did'

“Now, with the input of new technologies, DNA is certainly one, but there are others, telecommunications, things that tell where people were, video cameras, all those things have an impact,” Carson said. “It takes time to go through these [cases].”

Harris said this family is holding onto hope.

“This is going to be our first Christmas" without the three loved ones, "and we’re going to keep doing this every year, because they don’t come back from this,” Harris said.

First Coast Crime Stoppers is still offering a $3,000 reward for information in the case.
The family will be gathering for a vigil at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Riverwalk.

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
390-Scott.png

It is just unbearable, knowing the selfish, misogynist person that did this to my daughter is out there and could do this to some other poor woman,” Brenda Ruffin laments about the murder of her beloved daughter Marilyn Jaz Scott.

The murder shocked not only local law enforcement but her quiet community in Bel-Air, Maryland, due to way the young mother-to-be was targeted. “There was only one reason they came there and that was to kill Marilyn Scott,” Detective David Skica of the Harford County Sheriff’s Department asserted during a press conference with WMAR News.

Marilyn’s body was found lying next to her car, keys still in hand, on that crisp February morning in 2017, suggesting she was following her normal routine when she was ambushed. The crime scene revealed that she was heading down to start her car for her 50-minute commute to New Castle’s Air National Guard offices when shots rang out, alerting neighbors to the tragedy. Marilyn was shot twice in the chest and once in the head.

Marilyn Scott was only 28 years old. She was also three months pregnant. Both she and the unborn child died.

“Marilyn loved seeing other people happy,” her mother said. “She would always reserve restaurants for birthdays and holidays. She never forgot an event.” Marilyn loved to buy presents for her family and friends, and always spent more on others than she did on herself.

To her family, Marilyn was extraordinary and had a radiant personality, smart and driven to accomplish. “She was incredibly independent. She never needed anyone else’s help,” her sister, Paris Scott, remembers proudly.

Marilyn ran track in high school and college, excelling in the 100-meter, 200-meter, 300-meter, long jump, and hurdles. Through scholarships alone, she paid her way through college at Coppin State University in Baltimore, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in English. She later enlisted in the Air National Guard, where she worked her way up to the rank of staff sergeant, with her sights set on becoming an officer.

The admiration in Paris’s voice is profound as she lists her older sister’s many remarkable achievements. Marilyn is the driving motivation for Paris in self-educating on the justice system, specifically what to expect once a suspect is brought to accountability. Paris shared her mission with Project: Cold Case to advocate for her sister and take the lead in understanding and explaining judicial process to her family as her way of coping.

While there have been speculations as to who was responsible for taking Marilyn’s life, the police maintain that there is not enough evidence to prosecute. Although there was a reported break in at her residence just days prior to her murder, nothing was taken. Marilyn called the police for that incident, but for her loved ones, sinister signs were ignored.

Brenda Ruffin believes the suspect in her daughter’s murder is not behind bars. She worries that the longer they aren’t held accountable, there could be more opportunities to do more terrible things.

If you have any information about this case, contact the Harford County Sheriff’s Department’s tip line at (410) 836-7788.

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
240-Johnson-300x300.jpg

By Maki Somosot / Staff Writer
Posted Mar 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM

It’s been almost four months since Christina Johnson lost her mom in an execution-style shooting in her Bourg home, and the killer is still out there.

It’s been almost four months since Christina Johnson lost her mom in an execution-style shooting in her Bourg home, and the killer is still out there.

Terrebonne sheriff’s deputies found 56-year-old U.S. Social Security worker Pamela Johnson shot dead at 4024 Country Drive and two of her nieces missing in early December. The children were later found unharmed in an abandoned car about 7 miles north of the house.

Detectives have worked the case since Pamela Johnson’s Dec. 1 death and continue to follow up on anonymous tips they regularly receive from the public. Their search for a tall, thin black man between the age of 25 to 35 remains active.

“A homicide investigation is never closed until it’s completed,” Terrebonne Chief of Detectives Maj. Malcolm Wolfe said, but declined to go into details. “There is no statute of limitations on a homicide.”

Trained since childhood to avoid airing her dirty laundry in public, the only daughter of Pamela Johnson and Charles Johnson admitted she felt torn in coming forward.

“What goes on at home stays at home. But my issue with that at this point in my life is: I want to know what happened to my mom,” 28-year-old Los Angeles, Calif. resident Christina Johnson said in a phone interview with The Courier and Daily Comet.

“People have to realize that my mom went through a lot of stuff,” she added . “Until Nov. 30, she still put herself to the side and made sure everybody else was OK. ... It’s not just me. She had a sister; she had a mom. She has two little girls that’s been through this once. My two brothers. There’s friends, coworkers ... a lot of people who didn’t deserve this either.”

Pamela Johnson had been taking care of her nieces, ages 7 and 10, after they lost their parents to a murder-suicide more than three years ago. Police said Kenneth Pledger, 46, shot and killed Tiffany Pledger, 41, before turning the gun on himself.

“My god-sisters have been through enough. There’s no reason that they should have lived through two murders in their lives,” Christina Johnson said.

As her mother’s only heir, Christina Johnson said she was also forced to sue her father for allegedly failing to return half of the money that her parents had collected on their Mechanicville and Barrowtown rental homes, as well as a list of maintenance costs.

Charles and Pamela Johnson had been living apart since he filed for divorce in mid-August, with the court awarding his ex-wife exclusive use of their Bourg home as part of the Sept. 25 consent judgment, records show.

Court records also indicate that Charles Johnson owed about $6,000 in rent money at the time of Pamela Johnson’s death. He was scheduled to appear in court for contempt of court charges after Pamela Johnson was found murdered at home.

“Because the Defendant has failed and refused to cooperate with petitioner and because of the otherwise irregular acts undertaken and/or not undertaken by defendant, Petitioner has reluctantly had to file these proceedings,” Christina Johnson’s attorney Gregory Schwab wrote in the Feb. 16 petition for accounting and damages.

“Notwithstanding the failure to contact his only daughter or to offer any condolences and to fail to communicate with Petitioner ... shortly after the death of her mother, the Defendant, Charles Johnson, entered into the deceased’s home,” the petition continues.

Charles Johnson -- or someone acting on his behalf -- then took Pamela Johnson’s clothing and shoes “with the intent to permanently hide, keep and/or destroy” them, causing Christina Johnson “severe mental anguish,” according to the petition.

In a court document filed earlier this month, Charles Johnson denied all allegations, claiming there was not enough information to justify his daughter’s beliefs. He could not be reached for comment by phone or at his house late last week.

“The exclusive use of the Johnson home by Pamela Jean Johnson expired upon her death and as co-owner of the Johnson home, defendant had every right to enter onto the property,” his attorney Kentley Fairchild wrote in response to the petition. Fairchild also declined to comment, citing ongoing litigation.

In the response, Charles Johnson also noted that his daughter was only an “adopted child” who had “maintained very little contact” with her parents since college.

Christina Johnson lived in between New Orleans, Shreveport and Houma for most of her teens, but later decided to move to Los Angeles, Calif., to study cosmetology.

“We did such a good job outside of home, or in front of other people, that when I would try to tell them certain things about what was going on, no one would believe me,” Christina Johnson recalled of her childhood.

“As a family, we would go to family events and ride in two separate cars. We would ride separately to church sometimes,” she added, noting that her best memories tended to involve her and just one parent. “We showed up and we were a family, but we didn’t eat dinner together. We didn’t sit down and talk. That’s just how we were.”

As a child, Christina Johnson would sometimes hear her parents fight loudly at home, although there was never any “real physicality to it,” she noted.

″ My mom is a very matter-of-fact person. ... She’ll ask you specifics because she knows you’re not gonna volunteer information, and sometimes, that would cause problems,” she said. “My dad would just be like, ‘I’m going to take a ride or I’m going to hang with the boys,’ and then take off. The older I got, I started noticing that’s when they would get into arguments.”

Despite the apparent tension between her parents, Christina Johnson admits that she led a comfortable childhood.

“I went to St. Francis, I went to Vandebilt and I had a car at 16. Anything a person wanted, I had it. There was never a school trip I didn’t go on,” she said. “They didn’t spoil me - they made me earn things - but I did have everything I needed and I had a lot of the things I wanted.”

As of March 16, court records show that officers have been unable to find Charles Johnson and serve him with papers to appear in court for the damages his daughter is seeking.

As the April 1 hearing approaches, Christina Johnson recognizes how tough it is to challenge someone whom she once believed could do no wrong.

“He’s not perfect by any means, but he’s the only dad I’ve ever known,” she said as she tried to stifle her sobs over the phone. “Even right now, given the fact that he hasn’t called me while all of this has happened, he’s still my dad.”

State District Court Judge Johnny Walker will preside over the civil suit.

Staff Writer Maki Somosot can be reached at 857-2208 or maki.somosot@houmatoday.com. Follow Maki on Twitter at @mdlbsomosot.

Page

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,835 1,602 571
Alleybux
I just found out about the Jaliek Rainwalker case. It is strange!

This is the exact reason why white people have no business adopting black children. They take out all their pint up racism on the child. Reminds me of that white lesbian couple that killed all those black children in Portland. Those “parents” had no electricity or running water?! And was getting $1500?? How the hell did they get approved as adoptive parents??!! Because they were white and can do no wrong. I really wish our people would get their stuff together so their black children won’t end of like one of these tragedies.

Last edited:

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Tiahease Tiawanna Jackson

Tiahease Tiawanna Jackson
  • tiahease_tiawanna_jackson_1.jpg
  • tiahease_tiawanna_jackson_2.jpg
  • tiahease_tiawanna_jackson_3.jpg
  • tiahease_tiawanna_jackson_6.jpg
  • tiahease_tiawanna_jackson_7.jpg
Tiahease, circa 1983; Age-progression to age 43 (circa 2015); Andre Rand, circa 1987; Rand in 2004

• Missing Since 08/14/1983
  • Missing From Staten Island, New York
  • Classification Non-Family Abduction
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 10/05/1972 (47)
  • Age 10 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'8, 90 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue ski jacket with white trim, a white ruffled blouse or sweater, blue Gitano jeans, blue plastic mesh shoes, a gold necklace with a butterfly charm, a silver bangle bracelet on her left wrist, and two purple combs in her hair.
  • Medical Conditions Tiahease has diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure and Bright's Disease, a kidney disorder which requires medication and treatment. She also suffers from learning disabilities.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Tiahease has a burn scar on her left wrist and elbow and a mole on her left cheek. Her left eye is lazy and turns inwards. Her name is pronounced Ty-eese.
Details of Disappearance
Tiahease was last seen leaving the Mariner's Harbor Motel on Forest Avenue in the New York City borough of Staten Island on August 14, 1983. She lived in the hotel with her mother and three siblings, the family having moved there after getting burned out of their apartment. The Jacksons planned to relocate to the southern United States.

At 1:30 p.m., while Tiahease's mother was asleep, another resident of the hotel sent Tiahease out to purchase chicken wings from the Crown Supermarket in the 900 block of Richmond Avenue.

Tiahease never returned to the hotel and has never been heard from again. Her mother woke up at 4:30 p.m., and, discovering her daughter had been missing for three hours, immediately called police.

Tiahease's mother describes her daughter as streetwise and wary of strangers. She frequently went on errands in the city, sometimes with her sister or a friend and sometimes alone, and had been warned about predators. She has never been heard from again. Tiahease's mother and uncle both passed lie detector tests and are not considered suspects in her disappearance.

Andre Rand, a mentally incompetent convicted child xes offender from New York, is a prime suspect in Tiahease's case. Photos of him are posted with this case summary. Tiahease disappeared twelve days after Rand's release from a New York prison. He had a campsite at the Baron Hirsch Cemetery less than half a mile from the Mariner's Harbor Motel, and Tiahease's mother said she had seen a man matching his description loitering in the motel's parking lot.

Rand is also believed to be connected to the 1972 disappearance of Alice Pereira, the 1978 disappearance of Ethel Atwell, and the 1984 disappearance of Henry Gafforio, among other missing persons' cases.

There is speculation that Rand may have been involved in the 1977 New York disappearance of Audrey Nerenberg as well. In 2004, he was convicted of kidnapping in the 1981 abduction of Holly Hughes. All of them vanished from the Staten Island area, with the exception of Nerenberg.

Rand was previously convicted of the 1987 New York abduction of Jennifer Schweiger, a twelve-year-old girl with Down Syndrome whose remains were discovered near his former campsite on the grounds of the now-defunct Staten Island Developmental Center (formerly known as the Willowbrook State School).

Volunteers continue to search the abandoned property twice a year for evidence related to Rand's other alleged victims, but nothing has been discovered. The Staten Island Developmental Center is two miles north of the site of Tiahease's disappearance.

Rand, whose birth name is Frank Rashan, has maintained his innocence in all charges against him. Tiahease's case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • New York Police Department 646-610-6914
Source Information
Tiahease Tiawanna Jackson – The Charley Project

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Alice Fay Jefferson

Alice Fay Jefferson
  • alice_fay_jefferson_1.jpg
  • alice_fay_jefferson_2.jpg
  • alice_fay_jefferson_3.jpg
  • alice_fay_jefferson_4.jpg
  • alice_fay_jefferson_5.jpg
  • alice_fay_jefferson_6.jpg
Alice, circa 1974; Age-progression to age 60 (circa 2014)

• Missing Since 01/01/1974
  • Missing From Fort Campbell, Kentucky
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 04/30/1954 (65)
  • Age 19 - 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly earrings, rings on her left hand, size 0 - 1 clothes, and size 5 1/2 - 6 shoes. Possibly carrying a .38 revolver.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Alice's ears are pierced. She has had two teeth extracted and may have an open-faced gold crown on one of her front teeth. Her maiden name is Jones and she may wear a wig.
Details of Disappearance
Alice was last seen in Fort Campbell, Kentucky sometime during 1974 and 1975. She was living on post with her two small children and her husband, Lee Andrew Jefferson, a soldier who was assigned there between March 1973 and July 1975. She left her vehicle and clothes behind and has never been heard from again.

Alice's children were five and six at the time of her disappearance. Lee is not their father. The children remember that one day no one picked them up from school and they eventually walked home alone. They had to knock on the door for a long time before Lee finally answered, sweating and agitated, claiming he had been asleep.

Alice was gone, and Lee refused to let the children into their bedroom and made them sleep with him. A few days later he took them to stay with Alice's parents in Arkansas and never returned.

Lee later claimed he did contact the authorities about Alice's disappearance, and Alice's parents also attempted to report her missing, but an official police report wasn't filed until 2013, nearly forty years after she was last seen.

Alice's children believe her husband murdered her, but Lee has never faced charges in her case and continues to maintain she simply left him. She has relatives living in the states of Arkansas, Indiana, Florida, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division 270-798-7113
Source Information
Alice Fay Jefferson – The Charley Project

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Travis Lynch

What Happened to Travis Lynch? Deputy mentored missing man

Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.

Nash County Sheriff's Maj. Miste Strickland holds a photo of Travis Lynch, who vanished in 2003. Strickland was Lynch's school resource officer years ago and is now investigating his disappearance.
Lindell J. Kay | Times
Posted Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:22 pm
By Lindell J. Kay

lkay@wilsontimes.com |
252-265-8117

NASHVILLE — A Nash County deputy who mentored a teenager years ago is now one of the investigators in his missing person case.

Sheriff’s Maj. Miste Strickland worked as a school resource officer at Southern Nash Junior High in the late 1990s.

She got to know Travis Lynch, a ninth grader at the time.

“He wasn’t trouble at all. He gravitated toward me,” Strickland said. “I interacted with the kids. I would call it mentoring. Travis had a colorful personality. He was all about girls and music and typical teenage stuff.”

Mentoring Travis made perfect sense to Strickland, who had been mentored by Travis’ uncle Joe Lynch, a now-retired state trooper.

A few years after high school when Travis was 21, he disappeared on Christmas Eve 2003. Authorities have always suspected foul play.

Strickland took a break from law enforcement to raise her two children. When she returned in 2011, Travis’ missing person case had been revived by then-Sheriff Jimmy Grimes.

“We went back over everything,” Strickland said. “We talked to Carlisha.”

That would be Carlisha Whitley, Travis’s girlfriend and the last person to officially see Travis alive in 2003.

Travis and Carlisha dated off and on while in high school and afterwards, according to Joe Lynch, who described the relationship as “rocky.”

“I don’t remember Carlisha from when we were all at Southern Nash together,” Strickland said. “I know now that she was there, but the first time I remember speaking to her was during the investigation.”

Strickland said she’s investigated several violent homicides over the years and had to build up a tough exterior.

“I do it the same way as always,” Strickland said. “You have to remain detached to get the job done.”

But Travis’ case is the worst. Not just because she knew him as a teenager, but because his mother still doesn’t know what happened to her son.

“This case has no closure for Travis’ mother,” Strickland said.

Over the years, Strickland has gotten to know Travis’ mother, Jackie Lynch.

“She attended my son’s graduation, I just went to her church last Sunday,” Strickland said. “We’re family now.”

The investigation into Travis’ investigation is heating up again, Strickland said.

“We’ve talked to the players,” Strickland said. “We talked to people who know.”

Whitley lived near Middlesex on Claude Lewis Road in 2003.

“The Middlesex area won’t know peace until this case is resolved,” Strickland said. “They can try to forget, but Jesus doesn’t like ugly.”

Anyone with knowledge about Travis’ whereabouts can call Strickland at 252-532-4574.

There’s a $20,000 reward for information in the case.

What Happened to Travis Lynch? Deputy mentored missing man

Travis Lamont Lynch – The Charley Project

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Jonathan Luna

news
Private investigator in Jonathan Luna murder reveals new information on 16 year cold case
New information on Jonathan Luna cold case revealed to FOX43.
427aae66-0bf4-468e-a4c1-a74a6fe1c207_1920x1080.jpg

Author: Jossie Carbonare (FOX43)
Published: 12:00 AM EST February 7, 2020
Updated: 4:22 AM EST February 7, 2020

LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. — It’s s a murder mystery that’s gone unsolved for sixteen years.

Jonathan Luna, a federal prosecutor from Baltimore, Maryland was 38-years-old when his body was discovered in December 2003 in a stream along Dry Tavern Road in Lancaster County.

“He had a backbone and he wouldn’t back off and it cost him his life,” said William Buckingham, private investigator. “He wound up in Lancaster County and he wound up dead,” he added.

Luna was stabbed 36 times and his throat had been slit.

Lancaster County’s Coroner later ruled the death a drowning and the manner of death a homicide.

A private investigator on the case, William Buckingham who is a former police detective, says he believes there is more to the case than what officials are letting on.

“I know who sanctioned it, who did it, and who was behind the hit, if i know it why don’t state police know it?”

Buckingham says last week he filed a right to know request for coroner records but his request was denied.

However, the documents were found in the basement of Lancaster’s Government Center.

Lancaster County’s District Attorney then requested to seal the records, which was later granted by a judge.

“You have a cover up which is what I think this is, both by the FBI and the Pennsylvania State Police,” said Buckingham.

According to police, in the hours leading up to Luna’s murder, he was working on a plea deal in a Baltimore drug case at the courthouse.

Luna left his office just before midnight but never made it back home to his family.

“Whoever went into that court house and took him out, was either known by security or had a badge,” said Buckingham. “We don’t know what he would be doing in that area on his own. The body was dropped off there for a specific reason, and his car, there was another car involved and it had to be the getaway car.”

The Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office turned down FOX43’s request for an interview. In a statement spokesperson Brett Hambright wrote:

“We are declining to comment outside of court procedure.”

Lancaster County’s Coroner says he was surprised to find out the records were in Lancaster all along.

“Since I took office 12 years ago, we never had possession of those charts,” said Dr. Stephen Diamantoni. “I had been told the physical chart and physical records had gone to the FBI. Previously when we had requested the records we were told there were no Jonathan Luna records in the archives.

Buckingham says he’d like to see the case solved.

“He has a wife and two kids at home he never got justice,” said Buckingham. “I’ve made up my mind and i will not rest until this case is solved.”

Private investigator in Jonathan Luna murder reveals new information on 16 year cold case

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...1e2ab8-f563-11e2-aa2e-4088616498b4_story.html

Jonathan Luna - Wikipedia

Very scary

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Daphne Viola Webb

Daphne Viola Webb
  • daphne_viola_webb_1.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_2.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_3.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_4.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_5.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_6.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_7.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_8.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_9.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_12.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_13.jpg
Daphne, circa 2013; John Anthony Webb; The SUV

• Missing Since 07/10/2013
  • Missing From Oakland, California
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 10/10/2011 (8)
  • Age 1 year old
  • Height and Weight 2'0, 30 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Orange two-piece pajamas with pink hearts, and pink socks.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Daphne's left ear is deformed.
Details of Disappearance
Daphne was last seen in Oakland, California on July 10, 2013. Her father, John "Anthony" Webb, called 911 at 11:05 a.m. and said she'd been kidnapped out of his black 2002 Ford Expedition SUV, which was parked in front of Gazzali’s Supermarket in the 1400 block of 79th Avenue. He stated she was taken from the right rear passenger seat.

Photos of Anthony and his vehicle are posted with this case summary. He said he went into the supermarket to buy a drink, leaving Daphne in the car with his 87-year-old mother, who suffers from dementia. When Anthony returned, Daphne was gone.

Authorities initially treated Daphne's case as a non-family abduction and described a possible suspect as an African-American or Hispanic woman in her thirties, who had long, straight black hair and wore a light-colored shirt and blue jeans.

Witnesses saw this woman walking away from the vicinity carrying a girl matching Daphne's description, but no one actually saw anyone take Daphne from the vehicle. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of the child or the suspect.

Daphne lived with her father and grandmother in the 800 block of Greenridge Drive, off Keller Avenue, at the time of her disappearance; her mother lived elsewhere. Her mother was located, questioned and ruled out as a suspect.

Later on the day Daphne was reported missing, Anthony was arrested for felony child endangerment for leaving her in the car with his disabled mother. The district attorney declined to press charges against him, however, and he was released after two days in custody.

In May 2014, ten months after his daughter's disappearance, Anthony committed suicide at the home he'd shared with her. He took an overdose of prescription medication and didn't leave a note or any other explanation for his actions.

Authorities view Daphne's father as a person of interest in her disappearance, but even before his death the investigation into her case was stymied by lack of evidence. Investigators believe Daphne may be deceased. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Oakland Police Department 510-777-3333
Source Information
Daphne Viola Webb – The Charley Project

Father of missing Oakland girl Daphne Webb takes own life – The Mercury News

Mother of missing Oakland toddler Daphne Viola Webb speaks publicly | ABC7 San Francisco | abc7news.com
Mother speaks in this article. She was on rehab at the time.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Toya Katrina Hill

baltimoresun.com
Years later, still waiting for a child to return
Jean Marbella, The Baltimore Sun
10-12 minutes
Annette Stanley may no longer set a place at the dinner table for her daughter, Toya Hill, something she did for about a year after the 8-year-old disappeared while going to buy candy at a store near their East Baltimore home.

It has been, after all, almost 29 years since the quiet, bespectacled little girl vanished, a span of time in which Stanley has married, moved and seen Toya's three siblings grow up and give her 15 grandchildren. But with or without an actual place setting, her lost daughter remains a constant, if elusive, presence.

"I will always believe she is alive," Stanley said. "But some part of me says, 'She's that old, how come she hasn't tried to find you?' "

It is among the countless unanswerable questions that haunt parents of children who have gone missing for months, years or, as with Toya, even decades. Not knowing if — or even when — you will see your child again surely ranks high among the worst parental nightmares, nearly unimaginable to anyone who hasn't actually experienced it.

So when Stanley heard the news of Phylicia Barnes, who disappeared while visiting her sister in Baltimore more than a month ago and is still missing, she said a prayer for the 17-year-old girl's parents.

"Don't give up the search," she advises Phylicia's parents. "Put up fliers, have neighbors help, keep talking to the Lord."

As much media attention as such disappearances can attract, they are fairly rare: A Department of Justice report estimated that of the nearly 800,000 children reported missing in a year that it studied, only about 115 were abducted by strangers — compared to, for example, the many more who ran away on their own or were taken by a family member in a custody dispute.

Stanley, 58, now lives in Edgewood, where she runs a home day care service. But on March 24, 1982, when Toya was last seen, she was a single mother of four living in the Perkins Homes complex just south of Pratt Street.

Toya, a third-grader, had come home from City Springs Elementary School and was playing with friends in a courtyard when she decided to go to a store two blocks away. There, she was seen talking to two men, one of whom was her mother's ex-boyfriend.

When she failed to come home by early evening, Stanley called police. They canvassed the neighborhood and interviewed the two men and, ultimately, about 150 other people, and yet Toya has never been found.

"Really, I'm still at the same place I was at before," Stanley said. "That's the problem: You don't have any answers."

What kept her going was her other kids. "I had to keep living and surviving for them," she said. "I had to look out for their well-being."

Stanley only stopped setting a place for Toya at the dinner table when she realized how sad it was for her son and two daughters to be reminded of their sister's absence. She used to find pictures of Toya that the kids had put under their pillows at night, and keeps her own mementos of her long-lost daughter close at hand.

"I took everything, all her things she had, little drawings she did," Stanley said, "and I keep them in a box in my closet."

News of other missing children naturally triggers memories of her own. Last month, the story of Carlina White, who was kidnapped as a child and, at 23, found her biological parents on her own hit Stanley particularly hard.

"My anger came out first — why couldn't that be my child coming home to me?" she said. "Then I was happy for her mother."

As the birthdays — August 24 — and other holidays went by, Toya's return seemed less and less likely. Stanley wavers between believing that Toya was alive out there, somewhere, and accepting that perhaps she is long dead. Either option, though, produces its own torment: To hope is to "build myself up," she says, for the disappointment of a reunion that never comes. To even consider that Toya is dead, though, seems like giving up on her child.

Parents of missing children can be buffeted by a broad range of emotions, including fear, depression, grief, isolation, anger and despair, according to the U.S. Justice Department's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.

The office advises parents that they should not feel guilty for going back to work — or laughing at times. It notes in a guide: "One minute you will feel a surge of hope, the next, a depth of despair that will threaten your very sanity. Life will become an emotional roller coaster that won't really stop until you can hold your child in your arms again."

Stanley recalls the conflicting emotions she felt when, several years ago, Baltimore police found the body of a woman they thought was about the age Toya would be. They asked her for a DNA sample, but it turned out not to match that of the woman — a result that at least theoretically meant Toya could still be alive. Still, it was upsetting because it also meant her daughter's fate was as unknowable as ever.

Stanley suspected at the time that Toya had been taken by an angry ex-boyfriend — a man she would ultimately marry years later. When her daughter disappeared, Stanley was three days away from marrying another man — in fact, she was getting her wedding dress fitted at the time. Stanley went ahead with the wedding, saying she thought that would prompt her ex-boyfriend to realize that their relationship was over and he would return the girl to her.

"I kept calling back to his house, leaving messages on his phone," she said of learning that he had been seen talking to Toya at the store. "I said, 'Please give her back to me.' He returned the call a day later. He said he didn't have her."

Stanley said her later marriage to the man was motivated by her belief that he could bring Toya back. "That was the reason for the marriage — I thought maybe he would give her back to me," she said. "At the time, I would have done anything as a mother to get answers."

She left him after several months, with no more clues to her daughter's whereabouts. Through friends, she learned several years ago that the man had died.

Much has changed in awareness of missing children since Toya vanished.

She went missing eight months after Adam Walsh, the 6-year-old who disappeared from a Florida mall and was later found murdered. His case drew nationwide attention, and his father, John Walsh, became a well-known child and crime victim's activist as well as host of the TV show "America's Most Wanted." Through his and other activists' efforts, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was founded in 1984, and it continues serving as a clearinghouse for missing children.

On its website, page after heartbreaking page of pictures shows thumbnail photos of the missing, frozen in time to when they were last seen, as well as some details about their disappearances. Joining Toya on the page of Maryland's missing are cases as old as that of 4-year-old George Barksdale, who vanished from outside a West Baltimore church in 1969, to those as recent as Barnes, the North Carolina honors student and track star who was staying at her sister's apartment in Northwest Baltimore when she disappeared Dec. 28.

Many of the children on the website are runaways, or are believed to have been taken by relatives, sometimes in custody disputes. Others are thought to be persons who have been found dead and have not been identified.

Robert L. Dean saw the range of cases in the more than 10 years in which he headed the Baltimore Police Department's missing-persons unit. In fact, when he looks back on that time, two cases stand as bookends.

"My very first case was Toya Hill, who was never found," Dean said. "The last case was the girl we found in a dumpster. While we were standing there waiting for homicide [detectives], they came to empty it. We were five minutes away from losing her forever."

That was Ebony Scott, a 9-year-old from New York who was visiting her sister and was found slain the day she was reported missing: Aug. 12, 1992.

In between, there were more typical cases, said Dean, who is 68 years old and retired after 25 years with the police force. He found runaways, helped people locate relatives with whom they'd lost contact, determined the identities of the dead.

The long-term missing stand out because they are so rare. He remembers Toya's case vividly, as well as one he inherited: 7-year-old Telethia Good. She disappeared from her aunt's house, where she was visiting while her mother was at a church event, on Sept. 10, 1979.

"There was always the feeling, have I done everything I can do?" Dean said of having to pass those cases on to his successors when he retired. "I don't compare what I did to a doctor, but a doctor would always like to cure a disease. And he can do all he can, and he still can't cure every disease."

Even now, something will trigger a memory of a still-open case: Dean saw an ad for the Greene Turtle bar recently, and it reminded him of a woman who had overdosed and, despite a distinctive turtle tattoo, he was never able to identify.

Other cases similarly haunt other parts of the state: Katherine and Sheila Lyon, 13 and 11 respectively, who went to Wheaton Plaza on March 25, 1975, to get pizza and have not been seen since. Or George "Junior" Burdynski, 10, who disappeared while riding his bike to a neighbor's house in Prince George's County on May 24, 1993.

The cases have had their fits and starts, promising leads that went nowhere, suspicions that either were unfounded or could never be proved.

For Annette Stanley, losing her daughter feels like a journey that has yet to end, one that has taken twists and turns — even through psychics, at one point. And even as she acknowledges that perhaps Toya is dead, Stanley also allows herself to imagine her now grown-up daughter one day walking through the door.

"Oh my God," she says. "That would be the happiest day of my life."

jean.marbella@baltsun.com

Toya Katrina Hill – The Charley Project

You are a few days from getting married when your child goes missing. You think an ex has taken her because he is upset you are getting married. You get married anyway because you think it will show him that it's really done between you two. Years later you marry the man because you feel he might give your child back to you...WTH

Last edited:

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Alicia Waters

Alicia A. Waters
  • waters_alicia.jpg
  • waters_alicia_florence.jpg
Alicia, circa 2015; Florence Waters

• Missing Since 04/10/2015
  • Missing From Murfreesboro, Tennessee
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Age 40 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'7, 105 - 115 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Alicia has suffered from severe cerebral palsy since infancy. As a result of her condition, she uses a wheelchair for mobility and she cannot speak.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Alicia was last seen in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on April 10, 2015. She is severely physically and mentally disabled and has been cared for by her parents, Florence Elaine Waters and Charles Waters, all her life. A photo of Florence is posted with this case summary.

Alicia has a trust fund of over a million dollars set aside for her care, money from a medical malpractice settlement. Her parents, as her caregivers, could receive up to nine thousand dollars a month from the account. There were allegations that Alicia's parents were misusing the money, including a report that they spent some of it on a swimming pool for themselves. As a result, a Murfreesboro attorney was appointed as conservator and he is in charge of how the money will be disbursed.

Florence and Charles came to Rutherford County Chancery Court court in Tennessee once a month for about a year, and were increasingly uncooperative and combative, refusing to allow court officials to check on how Alicia was doing. Then they sold their house and moved away, leaving a forwarding address in Duluth, Georgia.

Alicia's parents have not collected money from the trust fund since then. They also haven't collected any of Alicia's Social Security disability payments since 2006, when the Social Security Administration started asking her parents questions about how the money was being spent.

A warrant was issued for Florence's arrest in January 2017; she is supposed to be taken before the chancery court to show cause for why she should not be held in contempt for failing to disclose Alicia's whereabouts.

Later in 2017, a Georgia television news station went to the Duluth address and spoke to Alicia's father, Charles. He admitted his identity, but refused to disclose where Florence and Alicia were. He said they were together and initially claimed they were in Tennessee, then admitted this was untrue. He said Alicia was alive and being cared for. Neighbors reported they hadn't seen anyone in a wheelchair at the house.

Investigators are concerned for Alicia's safety, as they cannot think of a reasonable explanation why her parents would have walked away from her trust fund. Her parents no longer have legal custody of her, and the court has offered a reward for information leading to her whereabouts. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.
Investigating Agency
  • Murfreesboro Police Department 615-849-2670
Source Information
Alicia A. Waters – The Charley Project

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Carolyn Denise Brown

Carolyn Denise Brown
  • carolyn_denise_brown_1.jpg
Carolyn, circa 1985

• Missing Since 07/25/1985
  • Missing From Port St. Lucie, Florida
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 09/06/1957 (62)
  • Age 27 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 180 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Carolyn wears eyeglasses. Her ears are pierced. Carolyn's maiden name is Walker. Some agencies may refer to her as Carolyn Denise Walker Brown and/or Carolyn Walker Brown. Her first name may be spelled "Caroline." Carolyn has a gap in her front teeth.
Details of Disappearance
Carolyn was married to James Michael Brown in 1985. They had three children together: Sheketah, Barry and Brandon. Carolyn and James had been married for ten years and were employed as teachers. The family resided in Port St. Lucie, Florida.

The entire family disappeared on July 25, 1985. Carolyn's mother called police in August, worried because she had not heard from her daughter or her daughter's husband or children since July 4. Investigators did go to the Brown home but were initially unconcerned, as there were no obvious indications of foul play inside the residence.

Carolyn's purse was located in a corner of the garage; inside it, every piece of her identification had been cut up. An uneaten meal was spread out on the dining room table. One of the rooms in the house had been freshly painted; a closer look revealed that the paint had covered up bloodstains on the walls, but this was not noticed until later.

The family was officially listed as missing after the next school year began and neither Carolyn nor James reported to teach. Later, James called Carolyn's sister and told her she could have everything inside his home. Carolyn's sister asked where the rest of the family was and James replied, "Out there."

James resurfaced in Savannah, Georgia several weeks after his family's disappearances. He checked into the hospital under the name Demetrius Jones and stated someone had robbed him and shot him in the head. His true identity was discovered and he admitted he had murdered his wife and children and tried to to take his own life.

James told authorities that he shot Carolyn while she slept inside their home during the night of their disappearances. James said that Brandon was sleeping beside his mother; he claimed that he smothered the child with a pillow, then disposed of both of their bodies in Palm Beach County, Florida. He told investigators that he drove Sheketah and Barry to Brunswick, Georgia along Interstate 95 on July 17, three days after Carolyn and Brandon were murdered. James said he shot Barry in the head and his daughter in the face, then disposed of their remains along the highway.

A jury acquitted James in Carolyn and Sheketah's deaths in late 1985. He was never charged with Brandon and Barry's homicides, as authorities were not certain of the location of the presumed murders. Extensive searches of the areas produced no evidence as to the family's whereabouts, and some investigators believe James lied about where he disposed of the bodies.

Several court-appointed mental health professionals diagnosed James as a paranoid schizophrenic; he stated he heard voices and saw visions. He was committed to a Florida mental health facility after the court's decision in 1985. He was moved to a halfway house in 1996 and released from the program in 1997. In 2005, however, he was imprisoned after he threatened to kill a bank clerk during a robbery.

Carolyn, Sheketah, Brandon and Barry have never been located.
Investigating Agency
  • Port St. Lucie Police Department 561-871-5000
Source Information

Carolyn Denise Brown – The Charley Project
MISSING FAMILY OF 5 PUZZLES COPS IN ST. LUCIE

925DFFL - Carolyn Denise Brown

Her husband admitted he killed the family and was acquitted by a jury

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
George Owens

Williamson County: George Owens
Dec 31, 2018 at 11:17 am by Michelle Willard

0hNnHXzdg10trMFBQqbP0iMvuTJ5yGLYQ0iLmYco.jpeg

It was like George Owens transcended this world when he disappeared from a remote hilltop in Perry County.

A resident of Nolensville, Tennessee, George was last seen July 22, 1985, by a clerk at a market in Perry County. As he bought ice cream and cigars, he told the clerk that he was looking for his wife of 60 years.

The clerk tried to help, but George's wife was more than 75 miles away, waiting for him to pick her up from a bus station in downtown Nashville.

When the clerk couldn't help him, the 79-year-old missing person walked out of the market and disappeared into the ether. The only trace left was his pristine 1972 green Dodge Dart, left on a wooded hill in Perry County.

Investigators searched Perry and Williamson counties, but he was never found, and he was declared legally dead in 1993, eight years after his disappearance.

Even a 1992 episode of Unsolved Mysteries couldn't reveal his whereabouts.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of George Owens is asked to call the Perry County Sheriff's Department at 931-589-8803.

The Missing Person
George Owens, a retired custodian from disinfectant maker Nashville Products Co., was an associate pastor at New Hope Baptist Church in Nashville.

He was described as being an African American man, standing 5'11" and weighing 160 pounds. He had white hair and brown eyes, wore eyeglasses and used a walking cane.

George was a family man and church leader, not the type to disappear without a trace, his family said. He was described as being well-known and well likely by the people from his church.

He had been married to his high school sweetheart, Alene, for more than 60 years when the 79-year-old man vanished.

She described their relationship as good. "I called him 'honey' and he called me 'Al'," she said. They never had any children, but filled their days with the word of the Lord, doing for others and doing for themselves together.

"After being together all that time, I can't get used to losing him, least not the way I lost him," Alene Owens said in Feb. 1, 1987, article from The Tennessean. Alene died in 1989.

The Disappearance
The last time Alene Owens talked to her husband was Sunday afternoon, July 21, 1985. The couple was making plans for him to pick her up at a bus station in downtown Nashville after traveling home from visiting relatives in Cleveland, Ohio.

George Owens was spotted by friends that afternoon driving north on Nolensville Road. The witnesses assumed he was heading to the bus stop a day early to pick up Alene.

But when her bus arrived around 6:30 Monday morning George was nowhere to be found. After an hour, she assumed he overslept and called George's brother Alfred for a ride.

Around 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. down in Maury County, George was seen by Larry Potts, owner of Potts Garage in Santa Fe. He was tasked with replacing a flat on the Dodge Dart.

"He acted a little confused at first," Potts told The Tennessean, "like he didn't know what he wanted, but then he told me he wanted to buy a new tire."

Potts replaced the flat, George paid and was on his way.

Potts said he headed north on Highway 7 toward Williamson County, adding "he didn't seem disoriented when he left."

George was about 40 miles from his home in Nolensville, the house he bought in the late 1960s for his retirement years, and 50 miles from the bus station.

Alene got home around 11 a.m. and immediately knew something wasn't right.

"When I saw that his car wasn't there, I got this funny feeling," Alene told The Tennessean in 1987.

She found two place settings from Sunday dinner on the table, George's favorite black hat hanging in its usual spot, and their dog was waiting to be fed.

But her husband was nowhere to be found.

The Investigation
When George didn't come home Monday night, Alene called the police to report him missing.

Investigators searched the woods, distributed missing person fliers and offered a $1,000 reward.

On Saturday, July 27, 1985 -- six days after he was reported missing -- George's car was found more than 100 miles from Nolensville. The car was located near Lobelville in Perry County with a dead battery, the keys in the ignition and no sign of George except for his cane and suit jacket in the backseat.

No were no signs of foul play or a struggle

A deputy from Perry County said it would be difficult for the car to make it there because the country road was rocky and rough.

One of the oddest clues found was the piles of brush and tree limbs found around and in the Dodge Dart. This along with a pack of matches was left on the dash suggests someone might have wanted to burn the car.

For two weeks, search parties combed the woods along the remote ridge line but found nothing.

A local TV news station did a story on his disappearance, which turned up several reported sighting including Potts' tire replacement and the clerk from Lobelville. A separate report of Potts' sighting said the mechanic mistakenly gave George directions to Lobelville when he asked for directions to Nolensville.

There was one report that George was seen at a market in Lobelville on July 23, 1985. He reportedly bought ice cream and cigars.

The clerk said George told her he was looking for his wife, so she called the local clinic to see if the woman was there. When his wife wasn't found, he left. To where exactly, no one knows because he hasn't been seen since.

His car was found five days later and 12 miles from the market.

One witness said she saw the Dodge traveling up the dirt road where it was eventually found with a truck following behind. A short time later, the truck returned alone with its unknown driver.

A segment on Unsolved Mysteries, which aired Aug. 19, 1992, generated more than 140 witness reports, but nothing that led to his whereabouts, according to an article in The Tennessean from March 13, 1993.

The Theories
While no solid evidence exists as to what fate befell George, investigators believe he may have been a victim of foul play after leaving the market.

Alene said her husband loved his car and never would have driven it into the woods and left it with the window down and kindling in the backseat.

Another theory hold that he either had a stroke or another medical episode that left him confused and disoriented. He could have parked the car and wandered off into the woods.

George Owens disappearance remains unsolved. He was declared legally dead in 1993 and his grandson Daryl Owned inherited $33,000 from his estate.

Tags: Perry County Williamson County

George Owens – The Charley Project

George Owens

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Mitchell Owens

Mitchell Deon Owens
  • owens_mitchell.jpg
  • mitchell_deon_owens_2.jpg
Mitchell, circa 1983; Age-progression to age 33 (circa 2011)

• Missing Since 02/03/1983
  • Missing From Menlo Park, California
  • xes Male
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 11/21/1978 (41)
  • Age 4 years old
  • Height and Weight 3'0, 40 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Mitchell has a scar on the upper portion of his nose. He has a surgical scar on his left rib area. Mitchell has a lazy right eyelid. Some agencies give his middle name as "Deshaun" or "Deshon." He may use the first name Michael.
Details of Disappearance
An unidentified man broke into the Owens family's apartment in eastern Menlo Park, California late in the night on February 3, 1983. The intruder entered through a window and attacked and severely beat Mitchell's mother, Ora Owens. Her three sons were at home with her at the time.

Two of the boys slept through the assault, but Mitchell woke up and walked into the room while the beating was taking place. Ora screamed at him to run away. The attacker than attempted to strangle Ora with a telephone cord and she passed out and was apparently left for dead.

Neighbors found her the next day and she was taken to the hospital, where she regained consciousness. She had to spend weeks in the hospital recovering from her ordeal. Mitchell has never been heard from again.

Ora only caught a glimpse of her son's abductor. She believes her attacker may have been a man she'd met the previous night at the Enlisted Men's Club at Moffett Field Naval Air Station in Mountain View, California. He offered to buy her a drink, but she declined and walked away. She thinks the man followed her home and then drove away when she reached her door.

The man has never been identified. He is described as 6'0 tall with brown hair, blue eyes, a mustache and tattoos on his arms. He was approximately 25 years old in 1983.

Another possible suspect is a man who knocked on Ora's door just a few hours before the break-in. He identified himself as a police officer and was in uniform, and asked about a report she'd made about a stolen purse the month before. The Menlo Park Police Department has no record of any of their officers stopping by the Owens home on that date.

Ora received telephone calls for years following his disappearance from an unidentified male. The caller repeatedly threatened to abduct her other two sons. It is not known if the calls are related to Mitchell's disappearance.

Authorities stated that they hoped current forensic technology which was unavailable in 1983 could help solve Mitchell's abduction and the assault on Ora. She has criticized the police investigation, stating investigators did not look hard enough for Mitchell because the family is African-American and poor. Inexplicably, the local police at first listed Mitchell as a runaway juvenile and refused to take action to find him.

Ora's attacker has never been identified and Mitchell has never been located.
Investigating Agency
  • Menlo Park Police Department 650-858-3308
Not much on the case outside of different crime websites talking about it. It's sad

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
20570885-standard.png

Delores Thompson and Gwendolyn Fulce

Roy Jernigan went to pick up his son on Sept. 8, 1973, at the boy’s mother’s home on the 500 block of North Ivy Street, but when he approached the front door he knew something was wrong.

Inside the home he found the bodies of Delores Thompson (left), the 24-year-old mother of the child, and 21-year-old Gwendolyn Fulce. Both women had been beaten to death, but the child, who was the only witness to the crime, was discovered in the home unharmed.

Investigators interviewed numerous people, but were unable to pin the crime on a suspect and no motive for the double murder was ever determined.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
David Ezell Blockett
  • david_ezell_blockett_1.jpg
  • blockett_david_ap.jpg
  • david_ezell_blockett_5.jpg
David, circa 1980; Age-progression to age 39 (circa 2019); Composite sketch of David's abductor

• Missing Since 12/11/1980
  • Missing From Newport News, Virginia
  • xes Male
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 11/26/1980 (39)
  • Age 2 weeks old
  • Height and Weight 1'8, 7 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. David has a tiny mole on his right ear and birthmarks under his arm, on his back and on his buttocks.
Details of Disappearance
David was taken from his family's residence on 13th Street in Newport News, Virginia under false pretenses on December 11, 1980. His abductor called herself Marie Kelly and told David's mother, Vanessa Blockett, that the state Department of Social Services (DSS) was sponsoring a function for children at Riverside Regional Medical Center. The woman convinced Vanessa to let her take David and his two-year-old brother, Frederick, to the party.

Later that afternoon, Frederick was found wandering alone at a shopping center near Old Mallory Road in Hampton, Virginia. He had a piece of paper in his pocket with his name and address on it, and the police returned him to his mother. There was no indication of David's whereabouts, however, and he has never been seen again.

That same day, however, a woman believed to be the abductor called David's mother at home and asked her what sort of formula the baby was taking. The person hung up before police could trace the call. Several days after David's abduction, authorities found a diaper bag and a leather folder near a parkway in Yorktown, Virginia. They believe the items belonged to the abductor.

The abductor is described as African-American and 32 to 35 years old, with a medium complexion and large hips. She was approximately 5'4 to 5'8 tall and 145 to 155 pounds. A sketch of her is posted with this case summary. She has never been identified.

The DSS didn't employ a social worker matching Kelly's name or description, and there was no Christmas party for children at the Riverside Regional Medical Center. Authorities believe whoever took David may have gotten his name and address from the local newspaper, which provided a listing of recent births three days before he was taken. Around the same time as David was kidnapped, a person posing as social worker approached another family with a newborn. The mother of that baby told the person to go away.

In a stunning coincidence, two of David's nephews were abducted in June 2011, over thirty years after his own kidnapping. The boys were the sons of his younger brother, Dante, and were five and six years old at the time. Their mother, Yovanda Denise Bennafield, had taken them to work with her when a stranger, Sommer Pannell, asked for a ride to North Carolina. Bennafield agreed and told Pannell to take her car and take the children to the park and watch them until she finished her shift. Instead, Pannell and the children disappeared.

All three were found unharmed in Halifax, North Carolina hours later and Pannell was charged with abduction. She has a long history of mental illness, and in January 2012, she was found not guilty of the kidnapping by reason of insanity.

Vanessa died of an aneurism in 1997, at the age of 35. Frederick now lives in North Carolina. As an adult he could vaguely recall the abduction and stated that there was a man driving the car, and neither the driver nor Marie Kelly would look at the children. He remembers the couple dropping him off in Hampton.

Investigators still have the diaper bag, which contained David's booties, his blanket, a sweater and a pair of jeans. There was also a comb with some hair stuck to it. They hope to be able to test the items for DNA.

David's case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Newport News Police Department 757-926-8706
David Blockett

Hope not lost for abducted Newport News baby

1980 Newport News abduction investigation still ongoing

If he's still alive I bet he knows deep in his soul that he doesn't belong with the family he is with.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Sharon Eugenia Davis

Sharon Eugenia Davis
  • sharon_eugenia_davis_1.jpg
  • davis_sharon2.jpg
  • sharon_eugenia_davis_3.jpg
  • sharon_eugenia_davis_4.jpg
  • sharon_eugenia_davis_5.jpg
  • sharon_eugenia_davis_6.jpg
  • sharon_eugenia_davis_7.jpg
  • sharon_eugenia_davis_10.jpg
Sharon, circa 2001; Ron Davis, circa 2001

• Missing Since 06/13/2001
  • Missing From Dallas, Texas
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 03/17/1950 (70)
  • Age 51 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 118 - 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description An emerald green pajama-style shirt or nightgown, and sweatpants.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Sharon wears eyeglasses or contact lenses. Her ears are pierced. Sharon's maiden name is Ware.
Details of Disappearance
Sharon resided in the 1900 block of Elderleaf Drive in Dallas, Texas. She dropped her daughter off at the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Park and Ride station between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m. on June 13, 2001. The Redbird area depot was located less than two miles from their family's home.

Sharon was scheduled to attend a training session later in the morning at Stemmons Elementary School. She taught third grade during the previous semester and she planned to teach the sixth grade class in September 2001. Sharon never arrived for her meeting and has never been heard from again.

Sharon's two college-age children asked their father, Ron Davis, to report their mother as a missing person when they failed to locate her by the evening. Ron's photo is posted with this case summary.

He declined to contact authorities until the following morning. He has been generally uncooperative with authorities in the investigation into Sharon's disappearance, and has also discouraged members of the media from following her case.

Sharon's green 1998 Mercury Villager van was discovered abandoned on June 18, five days after her disappearance. The vehicle was parked in the Bally Total Fitness lot near the Southwest Center Mall in the Oak Cliff neighborhood of Dallas, less than one mile from the Davis's residence.

One of the minivan's windows was broken and the vehicle had been wiped clean of fingerprints. Employees at the gym first noticed the Villager parked in their lot after 12:00 a.m. on June 14. Sharon was a member of the fitness center, but records indicated that she visited the gym for the final time during the first week of June 2001.

Ron refused to discuss his wife's case with authorities until three weeks after reporting her disappearance. Sharon retained an attorney and filed for divorce from Ron on June 11, two days before she vanished.

Their two children said that their parents' marriage had been troubled for several years beforehand. Ron allegedly belittled Sharon on a constant basis. Their children described his behavior towards their mother as "abusive."

Ron told investigators that Sharon took between $10,000 and $25,000 from their home before her disappearance. He refused to allow officers to inspect the location where the money had been hidden inside their residence. It is not clear if Sharon was carrying the cash on the day she disappeared.

Ron and Sharon met in Los Angeles, California in 1980. He previously resided in Wisconsin and has children from his first marriage. Sharon was born in Mobile, Alabama and was raised in Las Vegas, Nevada and Los Angeles by her mother. She earned her Master's degree in public administration from California State University.

Sharon and Ron relocated to Dallas after their wedding. Their family members said that they did not know anyone in the area at the time. Ron is licensed to practice law in Wisconsin, but he never took the Texas bar exam. He was employed as a code enforcement officer with the city of Dallas.

Sharon initially worked as an accountant, but she joined Ron in code enforcement shortly thereafter. She eventually changed occupations and became a counselor at the Lew Sterrett Justice Center and at a jail in Hutchins, Texas before moving on to teaching.

Sharon and Ron experienced marital problems in 1985 and she left Dallas with their children. She intended to return to Los Angeles and planned to file for divorce. Sharon withdrew funds from the couple's joint checking account before her departure. She reconsidered her decision and elected to return to the marriage shortly afterwards.

Ron claimed that he had been mugged outside of his office in Dallas's Rochester Park area in 1992. He filed a disability suit against the city afterwards, claiming that he was "psychologically impaired" as the result of the attack.

The alleged mugging occurred six weeks after Ron was denied a promotion. He filed a grievance with the city concerning that incident, but he dropped the suit due to a lack of evidence. The city's attorneys eventually stopped filing motions in regards to his disability suit and Ron was awarded five years' back pay in 1997.

Ron emerged as a political and community activist in the 1990s. He was elected to the executive board of Dallas's NAACP (National Association For The Advancement Of Colored People).

Ron was suspended by the organization's national officials after they received complaints regarding irregularities in the 1999 local elections. He eventually incorporated a new chapter of the NAACP out of his family's home with the assistance of other suspended members.

The Davis children said that they were uncertain as to the nature of their father's occupation after he stopped working for the city of Dallas. Ron told them that he traded stock and worked as a private financial advisor, similar to a day trader. The children reported that he attended various civic meetings, but he did not seem to have traditional employment.

Ron owned the Dallas Economic Development Corporation, a non-profit and tax-exempt organization that purportedly provided shelter and other services to low-income residents. Various family members were named as officials of the group, including Sharon.

Sharon's loved ones describe her as a shy and quiet person with a thoughtful nature. She enjoys jazz singing, drawing and the theater. Sharon's friends said she was the exact opposite of her husband, who was viewed as controlling and ill-tempered. Her relatives said that she lacked self-confidence and self-esteem.

Sharon elected to end their marriage in early June 2001. Her family members said that she appeared serious about the decision, as opposed to her futile attempt to leave in 1985.

Ron reportedly demanded that Sharon pay half of their household expenses and keep her earnings in a separate account. Both of them were considered spendthrifts by their loved ones. Ron allegedly demanded that Sharon hand over her retirement account, which was valued at approximately $30,000. She told friends that she refused to do so.

Sharon's attorney obtained a temporary restraining order that barred any activity within the couple's accounts after filing the divorce papers on June 11. She planned to request sole possession of their home and charged that Ron was responsible for the breakup of their marriage. Sharon also alleged that he committed "fraud on the community" and asked for control of more than half of their family's assets.

Sharon contacted numerous relatives after filing for divorce. She claimed that Ron threatened her and asked her loved ones to check in with her frequently to ensure her safety.

Their daughter told authorities that she never heard Ron threaten her mother, but she and her brother believed their father was capable of harming Sharon. Her daughter agreed to stay close to Sharon until the divorce was finalized. Sharon's attorney advised her to remain in their house, as she was seeking possession of the property.

Sharon asked her daughter to move one of their family's vehicles during the evening of June 12. Sharon said that Ron had an early meeting scheduled for the following morning. Their daughter said that it was uncharacteristic of her father to conduct business in the early mornings. She was awake by 6:30 a.m. on June 13 and noticed that Ron had already left the house.

Ron refused to divulge his whereabouts during the time his wife disappeared. Their children said that he provided several different versions of their mother's whereabouts afterwards. Ron allegedly claimed that Sharon left voluntarily, experienced a psychotic episode or associated with drug dealers.

Her relatives said that Ron normally belittled Sharon and insinuated that she was mentally ill. After her 2001 disappearance, he suggested to authorities that perhaps she had checked herself into a mental institution. Besides Ron's statements, there is no evidence that Sharon was unbalanced in June 2001.

The television program Unsolved Mysteries produced a segment revolving around Sharon's disappearance that was slated for broadcast during the spring of 2002. Ron declined an interview for the show and sent its producers an "accusatory" letter, which prompted the cancellation of the segment.

Constables attempted to serve the divorce papers to Ron after Sharon's disappearance, but he avoided all the attempts. The case has since stalled.

Their son told authorities that his father threatened and attacked him in September 2001 after he demanded to know more about his mother's case. A grand jury declined to indict Ron on felony assault charges, however.

The Davis children believe Ron may have harmed Sharon, causing her disappearance, and are no longer speaking to him. Ron has stated he thinks she left of her own accord and is alive and well.

Foul play is possible in Sharon's disappearance. There have not been any arrests in connection with her case.
Investigating Agency
  • Dallas Police Department 214-670-5389

The Trail Went Cold – Episode 170 – Sharon Davis

This article is long as ever
The Reluctant Witness

It's so many husbands that get away with killing their wives

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Emmetta Jean Dumas
  • emmetta_jean_dumas_1.jpg
  • emmetta_jean_dumas_2.jpg
Emmetta, circa 1980

• Missing Since 08/01/1980
  • Missing From Fairfield, Alabama
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Age 32 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Emmetta was last seen in Fairfield, Alabama on August 1, 1980. On the day of her disappearance, she had plans to go out with her estranged husband, Leroy, and buy shoes for their baby daughter. Emmetta made plans to shop with her mother and sister the next day.

When Emmetta's sister drove to her home the next day, Emmetta's car was in the driveway and her infant daughter was naked and crying, alone, on the floor inside. Nearby was an empty bottle and a dirty diaper.

Emmetta's keys and a bedspread were missing from the home, and Emmetta's sister smelled a chemical odor which she thought might be ether. The carpet had fresh stains, but police said the stains weren't blood. The house was locked; the front door had to be locked with a key both inside and out.

When questioned about Emmetta's disappearance, Leroy said he'd picked her and the baby up at 6:30 p.m. and taken them to the Roebuck shopping center. They went to Brookwood Village and bought shoes, then had a hamburger on the Green Springs Highway.

Leroy said they then returned to Emmetta's home in Fairfield and he stayed for twenty to thirty minutes before leaving. He said they didn't argue and Emmetta told him she was going to have dinner with Warren King, her first husband.

When police talked to King, he said he and Emmetta did have dinner plans but she never showed up. He said he kept calling her throughout the night, but was unable to reach her and gave up by 6:30 a.m.

King was shot to death in 1994; at the time of his murder he was under indictment in a trial-rigging conspiracy. Police stated he wasn't a suspect in Emmetta's case.

Emmetta worked as a secretary for Alabama Power at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Fairfield Police Department

Don't usually mess with Reddit but this is the only other thing I could find on case

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,567 21,354 16,209
Alleybux
Toya Katrina Hill

baltimoresun.com
Jean Marbella, The Baltimore Sun
10-12 minutes
Annette Stanley may no longer set a place at the dinner table for her daughter, Toya Hill, something she did for about a year after the 8-year-old disappeared while going to buy candy at a store near their East Baltimore home.

It has been, after all, almost 29 years since the quiet, bespectacled little girl vanished, a span of time in which Stanley has married, moved and seen Toya's three siblings grow up and give her 15 grandchildren. But with or without an actual place setting, her lost daughter remains a constant, if elusive, presence.

"I will always believe she is alive," Stanley said. "But some part of me says, 'She's that old, how come she hasn't tried to find you?' "

It is among the countless unanswerable questions that haunt parents of children who have gone missing for months, years or, as with Toya, even decades. Not knowing if — or even when — you will see your child again surely ranks high among the worst parental nightmares, nearly unimaginable to anyone who hasn't actually experienced it.

So when Stanley heard the news of Phylicia Barnes, who disappeared while visiting her sister in Baltimore more than a month ago and is still missing, she said a prayer for the 17-year-old girl's parents.

"Don't give up the search," she advises Phylicia's parents. "Put up fliers, have neighbors help, keep talking to the Lord."

As much media attention as such disappearances can attract, they are fairly rare: A Department of Justice report estimated that of the nearly 800,000 children reported missing in a year that it studied, only about 115 were abducted by strangers — compared to, for example, the many more who ran away on their own or were taken by a family member in a custody dispute.

Stanley, 58, now lives in Edgewood, where she runs a home day care service. But on March 24, 1982, when Toya was last seen, she was a single mother of four living in the Perkins Homes complex just south of Pratt Street.

Toya, a third-grader, had come home from City Springs Elementary School and was playing with friends in a courtyard when she decided to go to a store two blocks away. There, she was seen talking to two men, one of whom was her mother's ex-boyfriend.

When she failed to come home by early evening, Stanley called police. They canvassed the neighborhood and interviewed the two men and, ultimately, about 150 other people, and yet Toya has never been found.

"Really, I'm still at the same place I was at before," Stanley said. "That's the problem: You don't have any answers."

What kept her going was her other kids. "I had to keep living and surviving for them," she said. "I had to look out for their well-being."

Stanley only stopped setting a place for Toya at the dinner table when she realized how sad it was for her son and two daughters to be reminded of their sister's absence. She used to find pictures of Toya that the kids had put under their pillows at night, and keeps her own mementos of her long-lost daughter close at hand.

"I took everything, all her things she had, little drawings she did," Stanley said, "and I keep them in a box in my closet."

News of other missing children naturally triggers memories of her own. Last month, the story of Carlina White, who was kidnapped as a child and, at 23, found her biological parents on her own hit Stanley particularly hard.

"My anger came out first — why couldn't that be my child coming home to me?" she said. "Then I was happy for her mother."

As the birthdays — August 24 — and other holidays went by, Toya's return seemed less and less likely. Stanley wavers between believing that Toya was alive out there, somewhere, and accepting that perhaps she is long dead. Either option, though, produces its own torment: To hope is to "build myself up," she says, for the disappointment of a reunion that never comes. To even consider that Toya is dead, though, seems like giving up on her child.

Parents of missing children can be buffeted by a broad range of emotions, including fear, depression, grief, isolation, anger and despair, according to the U.S. Justice Department's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.

The office advises parents that they should not feel guilty for going back to work — or laughing at times. It notes in a guide: "One minute you will feel a surge of hope, the next, a depth of despair that will threaten your very sanity. Life will become an emotional roller coaster that won't really stop until you can hold your child in your arms again."

Stanley recalls the conflicting emotions she felt when, several years ago, Baltimore police found the body of a woman they thought was about the age Toya would be. They asked her for a DNA sample, but it turned out not to match that of the woman — a result that at least theoretically meant Toya could still be alive. Still, it was upsetting because it also meant her daughter's fate was as unknowable as ever.

Stanley suspected at the time that Toya had been taken by an angry ex-boyfriend — a man she would ultimately marry years later. When her daughter disappeared, Stanley was three days away from marrying another man — in fact, she was getting her wedding dress fitted at the time. Stanley went ahead with the wedding, saying she thought that would prompt her ex-boyfriend to realize that their relationship was over and he would return the girl to her.

"I kept calling back to his house, leaving messages on his phone," she said of learning that he had been seen talking to Toya at the store. "I said, 'Please give her back to me.' He returned the call a day later. He said he didn't have her."

Stanley said her later marriage to the man was motivated by her belief that he could bring Toya back. "That was the reason for the marriage — I thought maybe he would give her back to me," she said. "At the time, I would have done anything as a mother to get answers."

She left him after several months, with no more clues to her daughter's whereabouts. Through friends, she learned several years ago that the man had died.

Much has changed in awareness of missing children since Toya vanished.

She went missing eight months after Adam Walsh, the 6-year-old who disappeared from a Florida mall and was later found murdered. His case drew nationwide attention, and his father, John Walsh, became a well-known child and crime victim's activist as well as host of the TV show "America's Most Wanted." Through his and other activists' efforts, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was founded in 1984, and it continues serving as a clearinghouse for missing children.

On its website, page after heartbreaking page of pictures shows thumbnail photos of the missing, frozen in time to when they were last seen, as well as some details about their disappearances. Joining Toya on the page of Maryland's missing are cases as old as that of 4-year-old George Barksdale, who vanished from outside a West Baltimore church in 1969, to those as recent as Barnes, the North Carolina honors student and track star who was staying at her sister's apartment in Northwest Baltimore when she disappeared Dec. 28.

Many of the children on the website are runaways, or are believed to have been taken by relatives, sometimes in custody disputes. Others are thought to be persons who have been found dead and have not been identified.

Robert L. Dean saw the range of cases in the more than 10 years in which he headed the Baltimore Police Department's missing-persons unit. In fact, when he looks back on that time, two cases stand as bookends.

"My very first case was Toya Hill, who was never found," Dean said. "The last case was the girl we found in a dumpster. While we were standing there waiting for homicide [detectives], they came to empty it. We were five minutes away from losing her forever."

That was Ebony Scott, a 9-year-old from New York who was visiting her sister and was found slain the day she was reported missing: Aug. 12, 1992.

In between, there were more typical cases, said Dean, who is 68 years old and retired after 25 years with the police force. He found runaways, helped people locate relatives with whom they'd lost contact, determined the identities of the dead.

The long-term missing stand out because they are so rare. He remembers Toya's case vividly, as well as one he inherited: 7-year-old Telethia Good. She disappeared from her aunt's house, where she was visiting while her mother was at a church event, on Sept. 10, 1979.

"There was always the feeling, have I done everything I can do?" Dean said of having to pass those cases on to his successors when he retired. "I don't compare what I did to a doctor, but a doctor would always like to cure a disease. And he can do all he can, and he still can't cure every disease."

Even now, something will trigger a memory of a still-open case: Dean saw an ad for the Greene Turtle bar recently, and it reminded him of a woman who had overdosed and, despite a distinctive turtle tattoo, he was never able to identify.

Other cases similarly haunt other parts of the state: Katherine and Sheila Lyon, 13 and 11 respectively, who went to Wheaton Plaza on March 25, 1975, to get pizza and have not been seen since. Or George "Junior" Burdynski, 10, who disappeared while riding his bike to a neighbor's house in Prince George's County on May 24, 1993.

The cases have had their fits and starts, promising leads that went nowhere, suspicions that either were unfounded or could never be proved.

For Annette Stanley, losing her daughter feels like a journey that has yet to end, one that has taken twists and turns — even through psychics, at one point. And even as she acknowledges that perhaps Toya is dead, Stanley also allows herself to imagine her now grown-up daughter one day walking through the door.

"Oh my God," she says. "That would be the happiest day of my life."

jean.marbella@baltsun.com

Toya Katrina Hill – The Charley Project

You are a few days from getting married when your child goes missing. You think an ex has taken her because he is upset you are getting married. You get married anyway because you think it will show him that it's really done between you two. Years later you marry the man because you feel he might give your child back to you...WTH
Yea, idk maybe the mother killed her because I’m not understanding how and why she would be thinking about getting married when her child is missing. And her explanation doesn’t make much sense.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Inisha and Ivon Fowler

I've nevet heard of this before two twins never to be seen again and their mother will most likely never tell what she did what them. These twins fell through the cracks and was fell on every level. Some people should never have kids.

Thread from here

Mother claims she sold her twins (that have been missing for 10 years) for $2,000 each

Investigators still searching 2 years after Penn Hills twins reported missing

Article from 22 months ago

The perplexing story of missing twin children that still lacks an ending

Detective believes missing Penn Hills twins ‘met their demise’

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Deborah Taylor

Deborah Taylor
  • deborah_taylor_1.jpg
Taylor, circa 1994

• Missing Since 09/10/1994
  • Missing From Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 02/06/1952 (68)
  • Age 42 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 145 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Taylor's name may be spelled "Debra."
Details of Disappearance
Taylor and her boyfriend, 39-year-old Richard Ablamsky, left Virginia Beach, Virginia on September 3, 1994 en route to Fairfax, Virginia.

Ablamsky was a married father of two young children, and he had been having an affair with Taylor with about nine years. He paid her expenses and took her on vacations all over the country and to the Bahamas. His wife was aware of the affair.

Ablamsky lived in New Milford, New Jersey and had worked as an engineer for Frederic R. Harris Inc. since 1989. Part of his job involved consulting with the New York Port Authority on rail projects.

Taylor was born in Brooklyn, New York and later lived in Queens. She is divorced and has three children. By July 1994, she had grown tired of Ablamsky's refusal to leave his wife and moved to Virginia with her five-year-old granddaughter for a new start. Ablamsky drove there every weekend to see her.

In early September 1994, Ablamsky told Taylor he was getting a divorce and his company was transferring him to the Washington D.C. area. (He had, in fact, been fired on September 2 for poor work habits and "bizarre behavior.")

He and Taylor checked into a Marriott Residence Inn in Tysons Corner, Virginia on September 9. A friend of Taylor's was caring for her granddaughter.

Ablamsky bought a gun, and later Taylor called her mother on September 10 and said they'd spent the day practicing at the firing range. This is the last time anyone heard from her. Later, Ablamsky called Taylor's mother and said she'd simply left him, taking a taxi away from the hotel.

Ablamsky checked out of the hotel room alone that same day. He told hotel staff he was leaving but his "wife" was staying. On September 12, he called Taylor's granddaughter's babysitter to say he was back in New Jersey and that Taylor had left him. She told him to return to Virginia, pick up Taylor's granddaughter and take her to Taylor's mother's home in Brooklyn.

He arrived the following afternoon; the babysitter noted he looked "terrible" and appeared tired and disoriented. He was unshaven and his shirt was on backwards, which was uncharacteristic of him; he was usually well-dressed.

On September 16, Ablamsky called two of Taylor's friends to ask if they'd heard from her. They hadn't. He spoke about Taylor in the past tense, said he couldn't live without her and threatened suicide.

That afternoon, he broke into the Garden City, New Jersey home of his former boss, John Dionisio, Frederic R. Harris Inc.'s executive vice-president. Ablamsky set the ground floor on fire, went upstairs and shot himself to death in one of the bedrooms. Although Dionisio's wife and young son were at home at the time of the break-in, they were not harmed.

Ablamsky left a suicide note claiming he'd spied for Dionisio and passed secret New York Port Authority documents to him, documents which helped Frederic R. Harris Inc. win a multimillion-dollar contract to help build a rail link between New York City's airports and Manhattan. He wrote he was supposed to be promoted for his actions, but instead he had been fired. The note was meant to be his revenge. Ablamsky also wrote he had secretly recorded conversations with Dionisio about the stolen information.

Taylor could not be located after Ablamsky's death. When authorities checked the couple's hotel room on September 17, they found the mattress and walls covered in blood and the bedclothes missing. The staff hadn't cleaned the room because they thought Taylor was still staying there. There was also blood in the interior and trunk of Ablamsky's Pontiac Grand Am.

Ablamsky's actions sparked a corruption investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office that lasted nearly a year. In August 1995, however, the district attorney's office announced they would be dropping the probe and would not take the case to a grand jury; they found no evidence to support Ablamsky's allegations.

Investigators believe he killed Taylor, but her body has never been recovered. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.
Investigating Agency
  • Virginia Beach Police Department
  • 757-385-4023
  • 757-385-4101

Not really official solved but most likely married boyfriend killed her. Body was never found

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
The Lane Bryant Shooting.

Although not all the victims were black, two were and the case has remained unsolved for over 12 yrs. It's sad their families have never gotten closure.

upload_2020-6-8_14-5-19.jpeg

The 911 call came in at 10:45 a.m. on Feb. 2, 2008.

Tinley Park police were soon at the scene: the Lane Bryant clothing outlet in the Brookside Marketplace shopping mall.

What they found shocked the most seasoned officer: five women with their hands tied behind their backs shot execution-style. A sixth woman was shot but survived the attack.
The attack was described by police as an armed robber who opened fire after the store manager called 911. The suspect’s chilling voice can be heard on the recording of the 911 call for help. The victims were 37-year-old Connie Woolfolk of Flossmoor; 22-year-old Sarah Szafranski of Oak Forest; 33-year-old Carrie Chiuso of Frankfort; 42-year-old Rhoda McFarland of Joliet, the store manager and 34-year-old Jennifer Bishop of South Bend, Indiana.

According to police, the suspect was described as man with medium-to-dark skin tone between 6 feet and 6-foot-2 with broad shoulders and a husky build. At the time of the shooting, officers say he appeared to be between 25 and 35 years old. He was wearing black jeans with embroidery on the back pockets and a dark-colored jacket. His hair was braided into cornrows with one long braid hanging down his rights check with four light-green beads on the end.

Police released a new image of the suspect Thursday created by Michigan State Police based on the original sketch taken from an eyewitness back in 2008. The facial identification technology used makes the police sketch more life-like and ages the sketch to 35 to 45 years old.

Detective Ray Violetto was one of many officers out at the scene that day and has spent a decade trying to solve this crime.

“It’s very hard to look at a victim’s family and not give them the answer,” said Detective Violetto. “I want to be able to tell them who has committed the crime.”

Violetto said the police have received more than 5000 tips in 10 years and says, he knows the answer to the crime is in one of those tips.

“This is an unusual crime,“ added Tinley Park Police Chief Steve Neubauer. “Crimes like this don’t happen around the nation with any regularity. Besides the Palatine Brown Chicken case there was really nothing in this area that matched this case and hopefully never will in the future.

Violetto has studied the Browns Chicken murder case solved after nine years with the help of a new witness and DNA technology. He says that technology has improved greatly in 10 years and hopes it will help solve the case.

“I have the utmost respect for Detective Violetto, “ said Michelle Talos, the sister of victim Jennifer Bishop. “ I know he really cares about the case and he is determined to continue working it, however he’s only one person and I do get nervous that it’s kind of being forgotten.”

Talos hopes the 10th anniversary will spark the conscience of someone burdened by the secret of knowing who murdered the five women.

“It’s time to tell on who it is, “ Talos urged. “I lost my best friend and it’s so painful to have lost a person in your life and to know someone took it from you.”

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
The Disappearance of Yasmine Acree

upload_2020-6-8_14-22-9.jpeg

Yasmin was last seen at her family's Chicago, Illinois home on January 15, 2008. That day she went to the North Lawndale YMCA, where she was involved in sports and other activities. After she came home, she did a load of laundry and went to bed. She was gone by the next morning.

There were indications of a break-in at their residence; two locks on an outside fence and a lock on the basement door had been cut. Yasmin's bedroom was in the basement. Her room appeared untouched and nothing was taken, not even Yasmin's eyeglasses.

Her family has criticized the police investigation in her case, claiming investigators assumed she was a runaway and failed to look into other possible causes of her disappearance. Authorities admitted they made serious errors at the onset of the investigation by not immediately dusting for fingerprints and not taking the broken lock from the basement door.

Yasmin was a freshman at Austin Polytech Academy at the time of her disappearance and was about to start a new job. She has no history of runaway behavior. However, Yasmin, who was born in Kentucky, had a troubled past. Her mother, who is now deceased, was a drug addict, and Yasmin and her older brother were removed from her home when they were toddlers.

Yasmin spent several years in the Kentucky foster care system, where she was xesually abused and developed severe emotional and behavioral problems. In 2001, Yasmin and her brother went to live with Rose Mae Starnes, their aunt by marriage, and she adopted them in 2006.

Starnes stated she loved Yasmin but had trouble dealing with her behavior problems, and occasionally disciplined her by whipping her with a belt or locking her in the basement. In 2007, when Yasmin's brother was sixteen years old, Starnes asked him to leave her home. Yasmin was the only child living at the residence at the time of her disappearance. She had been an excellent student in middle school, but when she started high school she got poor grades.

Jimmie Terrell Smith and his father lived in the second-floor apartment in Yasmin's building at the time of her disappearance. His father was friends with Starnes. Smith moved into the building in 2005, after he was paroled from prison where he had been serving a sentence for attempted murder. Following his release he was arrested six times and he admits he was always armed and sold drugs near Yasmin's apartment. He reportedly took an interest in Yasmin, and she mentioned him twice in her diary.

Starnes didn't tell the police that Smith was living in her building until 2009, when he was arrested for raping five females, including two 14-year-old girls he allegedly kidnapped. In a press interview from jail, Smith said he knew what happened to Yasmin and he was responsible for four murders he hadn't been charged with. This information hasn't been confirmed.

Starnes died of natural causes in 2014, at the age of 57. Yasmin's case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
The Lane Bryant Shooting.

Although not all the victims were black, two were and the case has remained unsolved for over 12 yrs. It's sad their families have never gotten closure.

View attachment 1632062

The 911 call came in at 10:45 a.m. on Feb. 2, 2008.

Tinley Park police were soon at the scene: the Lane Bryant clothing outlet in the Brookside Marketplace shopping mall.

What they found shocked the most seasoned officer: five women with their hands tied behind their backs shot execution-style. A sixth woman was shot but survived the attack.
The attack was described by police as an armed robber who opened fire after the store manager called 911. The suspect’s chilling voice can be heard on the recording of the 911 call for help. The victims were 37-year-old Connie Woolfolk of Flossmoor; 22-year-old Sarah Szafranski of Oak Forest; 33-year-old Carrie Chiuso of Frankfort; 42-year-old Rhoda McFarland of Joliet, the store manager and 34-year-old Jennifer Bishop of South Bend, Indiana.

According to police, the suspect was described as man with medium-to-dark skin tone between 6 feet and 6-foot-2 with broad shoulders and a husky build. At the time of the shooting, officers say he appeared to be between 25 and 35 years old. He was wearing black jeans with embroidery on the back pockets and a dark-colored jacket. His hair was braided into cornrows with one long braid hanging down his rights check with four light-green beads on the end.

Police released a new image of the suspect Thursday created by Michigan State Police based on the original sketch taken from an eyewitness back in 2008. The facial identification technology used makes the police sketch more life-like and ages the sketch to 35 to 45 years old.

Detective Ray Violetto was one of many officers out at the scene that day and has spent a decade trying to solve this crime.

“It’s very hard to look at a victim’s family and not give them the answer,” said Detective Violetto. “I want to be able to tell them who has committed the crime.”

Violetto said the police have received more than 5000 tips in 10 years and says, he knows the answer to the crime is in one of those tips.

“This is an unusual crime,“ added Tinley Park Police Chief Steve Neubauer. “Crimes like this don’t happen around the nation with any regularity. Besides the Palatine Brown Chicken case there was really nothing in this area that matched this case and hopefully never will in the future.

Violetto has studied the Browns Chicken murder case solved after nine years with the help of a new witness and DNA technology. He says that technology has improved greatly in 10 years and hopes it will help solve the case.

“I have the utmost respect for Detective Violetto, “ said Michelle Talos, the sister of victim Jennifer Bishop. “ I know he really cares about the case and he is determined to continue working it, however he’s only one person and I do get nervous that it’s kind of being forgotten.”

Talos hopes the 10th anniversary will spark the conscience of someone burdened by the secret of knowing who murdered the five women.

“It’s time to tell on who it is, “ Talos urged. “I lost my best friend and it’s so painful to have lost a person in your life and to know someone took it from you.”
At this point, I bet the killer himself can't believe he's been able to get away with it.

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
At this point, I bet the killer himself can't believe he's been able to get away with it.

Ya know! I know someone knows exactly who has done this or has some idea but is not talking. I hope I get to see the criminal arrested in my lifetime. You have to be some kind of cold to murder that many people and go on with life as if nothing has happened.

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,567 21,354 16,209
Alleybux
406-408-Trotter-Family.png

This week marks one year since a young Jacksonville couple and their baby were murdered in their home on India Avenue.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has received eight tips, but no arrests have been made.

Loved ones of the triple murder victims don’t want to see this case brushed aside and forgotten.

Content Continues Below

Ariyan Johnson, 19, and Quasean Trotter, 20, were a young couple just starting their lives together when they welcomed a baby girl.

“When [Ariyan] had that baby, it brought our whole family so much joy because we hadn’t ever seen a baby that beautiful,” said Ariyan’s cousin, Sanji Sancho.

On Dec. 12, 2017, JSO says, Johnson and Trotter were shot and killed.

STORY: 'Our family will remain strong:' Family of Jacksonville triple murder victims release statement

Action News Jax sources say 11-month-old Arielle Trotter died of smoke inhalation after the killer or killers set the family’s Christmas tree on fire and left.

“We still haven’t heard anything,” said Ariyan’s cousin, Latavia Harris. “We don’t know anything more than we did the day that they passed.”

Though one year is a benchmark for an unsolved case, Action News Jax law and safety expert Dale Carson said key witnesses -- who were afraid to come forward then -- sometimes do later on. Carson said there have also been advancements in how investigations are conducted.

STORY: Family's message for person who killed young Jacksonville parents, baby: 'You know what you did'

“Now, with the input of new technologies, DNA is certainly one, but there are others, telecommunications, things that tell where people were, video cameras, all those things have an impact,” Carson said. “It takes time to go through these [cases].”

Harris said this family is holding onto hope.

“This is going to be our first Christmas" without the three loved ones, "and we’re going to keep doing this every year, because they don’t come back from this,” Harris said.

First Coast Crime Stoppers is still offering a $3,000 reward for information in the case.
The family will be gathering for a vigil at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Riverwalk.
Either he was living foul and owed somebody some money or he was out her cheating and the woman killed them. Either way, they didn’t have to kill the poor baby it’s not like the baby could talk

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,588 8,370 1,951
Alleybux
Ya know! I know someone knows exactly who has done this or has some idea but is not talking. I hope I get to see the criminal arrested in my lifetime. You have to be some kind of cold to murder that many people and go on with life as if nothing has happened.
I agree

mee9mee9

a crinkle on earth
Reaction score
Reactions
109,944 6,123 2,206
Alleybux
George Owens

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:17 am by Michelle Willard

0hNnHXzdg10trMFBQqbP0iMvuTJ5yGLYQ0iLmYco.jpeg

It was like George Owens transcended this world when he disappeared from a remote hilltop in Perry County.

A resident of Nolensville, Tennessee, George was last seen July 22, 1985, by a clerk at a market in Perry County. As he bought ice cream and cigars, he told the clerk that he was looking for his wife of 60 years.

The clerk tried to help, but George's wife was more than 75 miles away, waiting for him to pick her up from a bus station in downtown Nashville.

When the clerk couldn't help him, the 79-year-old missing person walked out of the market and disappeared into the ether. The only trace left was his pristine 1972 green Dodge Dart, left on a wooded hill in Perry County.

Investigators searched Perry and Williamson counties, but he was never found, and he was declared legally dead in 1993, eight years after his disappearance.

Even a 1992 episode of Unsolved Mysteries couldn't reveal his whereabouts.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of George Owens is asked to call the Perry County Sheriff's Department at 931-589-8803.

The Missing Person
George Owens, a retired custodian from disinfectant maker Nashville Products Co., was an associate pastor at New Hope Baptist Church in Nashville.

He was described as being an African American man, standing 5'11" and weighing 160 pounds. He had white hair and brown eyes, wore eyeglasses and used a walking cane.

George was a family man and church leader, not the type to disappear without a trace, his family said. He was described as being well-known and well likely by the people from his church.

He had been married to his high school sweetheart, Alene, for more than 60 years when the 79-year-old man vanished.

She described their relationship as good. "I called him 'honey' and he called me 'Al'," she said. They never had any children, but filled their days with the word of the Lord, doing for others and doing for themselves together.

"After being together all that time, I can't get used to losing him, least not the way I lost him," Alene Owens said in Feb. 1, 1987, article from The Tennessean. Alene died in 1989.

The Disappearance
The last time Alene Owens talked to her husband was Sunday afternoon, July 21, 1985. The couple was making plans for him to pick her up at a bus station in downtown Nashville after traveling home from visiting relatives in Cleveland, Ohio.

George Owens was spotted by friends that afternoon driving north on Nolensville Road. The witnesses assumed he was heading to the bus stop a day early to pick up Alene.

But when her bus arrived around 6:30 Monday morning George was nowhere to be found. After an hour, she assumed he overslept and called George's brother Alfred for a ride.

Around 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. down in Maury County, George was seen by Larry Potts, owner of Potts Garage in Santa Fe. He was tasked with replacing a flat on the Dodge Dart.

"He acted a little confused at first," Potts told The Tennessean, "like he didn't know what he wanted, but then he told me he wanted to buy a new tire."

Potts replaced the flat, George paid and was on his way.

Potts said he headed north on Highway 7 toward Williamson County, adding "he didn't seem disoriented when he left."

George was about 40 miles from his home in Nolensville, the house he bought in the late 1960s for his retirement years, and 50 miles from the bus station.

Alene got home around 11 a.m. and immediately knew something wasn't right.

"When I saw that his car wasn't there, I got this funny feeling," Alene told The Tennessean in 1987.

She found two place settings from Sunday dinner on the table, George's favorite black hat hanging in its usual spot, and their dog was waiting to be fed.

But her husband was nowhere to be found.

The Investigation
When George didn't come home Monday night, Alene called the police to report him missing.

Investigators searched the woods, distributed missing person fliers and offered a $1,000 reward.

On Saturday, July 27, 1985 -- six days after he was reported missing -- George's car was found more than 100 miles from Nolensville. The car was located near Lobelville in Perry County with a dead battery, the keys in the ignition and no sign of George except for his cane and suit jacket in the backseat.

No were no signs of foul play or a struggle

A deputy from Perry County said it would be difficult for the car to make it there because the country road was rocky and rough.

One of the oddest clues found was the piles of brush and tree limbs found around and in the Dodge Dart. This along with a pack of matches was left on the dash suggests someone might have wanted to burn the car.

For two weeks, search parties combed the woods along the remote ridge line but found nothing.

A local TV news station did a story on his disappearance, which turned up several reported sighting including Potts' tire replacement and the clerk from Lobelville. A separate report of Potts' sighting said the mechanic mistakenly gave George directions to Lobelville when he asked for directions to Nolensville.

There was one report that George was seen at a market in Lobelville on July 23, 1985. He reportedly bought ice cream and cigars.

The clerk said George told her he was looking for his wife, so she called the local clinic to see if the woman was there. When his wife wasn't found, he left. To where exactly, no one knows because he hasn't been seen since.

His car was found five days later and 12 miles from the market.

One witness said she saw the Dodge traveling up the dirt road where it was eventually found with a truck following behind. A short time later, the truck returned alone with its unknown driver.

A segment on Unsolved Mysteries, which aired Aug. 19, 1992, generated more than 140 witness reports, but nothing that led to his whereabouts, according to an article in The Tennessean from March 13, 1993.

The Theories
While no solid evidence exists as to what fate befell George, investigators believe he may have been a victim of foul play after leaving the market.

Alene said her husband loved his car and never would have driven it into the woods and left it with the window down and kindling in the backseat.

Another theory hold that he either had a stroke or another medical episode that left him confused and disoriented. He could have parked the car and wandered off into the woods.

George Owens disappearance remains unsolved. He was declared legally dead in 1993 and his grandson Daryl Owned inherited $33,000 from his estate.

Tags: Perry County Williamson County

George Owens – The Charley Project

George Owens
have they investigated daryl, the grandson?

InkySweet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,981 367 191
Alleybux
Daphne Viola Webb

Daphne Viola Webb
  • daphne_viola_webb_1.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_2.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_3.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_4.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_5.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_6.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_7.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_8.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_9.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_12.jpg
  • daphne_viola_webb_13.jpg
Daphne, circa 2013; John Anthony Webb; The SUV

• Missing Since 07/10/2013
  • Missing From Oakland, California
  • xes Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 10/10/2011 (8)
  • Age 1 year old
  • Height and Weight 2'0, 30 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Orange two-piece pajamas with pink hearts, and pink socks.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Daphne's left ear is deformed.
Details of Disappearance
Daphne was last seen in Oakland, California on July 10, 2013. Her father, John "Anthony" Webb, called 911 at 11:05 a.m. and said she'd been kidnapped out of his black 2002 Ford Expedition SUV, which was parked in front of Gazzali’s Supermarket in the 1400 block of 79th Avenue. He stated she was taken from the right rear passenger seat.

Photos of Anthony and his vehicle are posted with this case summary. He said he went into the supermarket to buy a drink, leaving Daphne in the car with his 87-year-old mother, who suffers from dementia. When Anthony returned, Daphne was gone.

Authorities initially treated Daphne's case as a non-family abduction and described a possible suspect as an African-American or Hispanic woman in her thirties, who had long, straight black hair and wore a light-colored shirt and blue jeans.

Witnesses saw this woman walking away from the vicinity carrying a girl matching Daphne's description, but no one actually saw anyone take Daphne from the vehicle. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of the child or the suspect.

Daphne lived with her father and grandmother in the 800 block of Greenridge Drive, off Keller Avenue, at the time of her disappearance; her mother lived elsewhere. Her mother was located, questioned and ruled out as a suspect.

Later on the day Daphne was reported missing, Anthony was arrested for felony child endangerment for leaving her in the car with his disabled mother. The district attorney declined to press charges against him, however, and he was released after two days in custody.

In May 2014, ten months after his daughter's disappearance, Anthony committed suicide at the home he'd shared with her. He took an overdose of prescription medication and didn't leave a note or any other explanation for his actions.

Authorities view Daphne's father as a person of interest in her disappearance, but even before his death the investigation into her case was stymied by lack of evidence. Investigators believe Daphne may be deceased. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Oakland Police Department 510-777-3333
Source Information
Daphne Viola Webb – The Charley Project

Father of missing Oakland girl Daphne Webb takes own life – The Mercury News

Mother of missing Oakland toddler Daphne Viola Webb speaks publicly | ABC7 San Francisco | abc7news.com
Mother speaks in this article. She was on rehab at the time.

I had no idea her father had taken his life. I wonder which guilt killed him. Guilt of having harmed her and not being able to deal with his conscience any longer. Or guilt of having left her unattended in his car which made her vulnerable to abduction.

Either way unless her body is found or she is found alive it looks as if well never know. I sincerely hope it's a case of someone wanting a child and while that's bad her being alive and living somewhere safe (I hope) is better than her young life having been taken. I pray answers come one day.

Last edited: