Unsung: Eddie James Kendricks 2/27/13

Linda Cliff

Runaway Love
Reaction score
Reactions
874 44 1
Alleybux
2h36bfn.jpg

Yes, I know I'm a little early and getting ahead of myself but I wanted to get this post started tonight. SOOOO excited to FINALLY see his episode next week!! Can't wait to see who is gonna be there and what they'll discuss. Also hoping to see some childhood pics of him and Paul. :giggle:

In the meantime, gonna post some of his interviews, songs and maybe some pics while we wait.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cw9WAAPePY]Buster Jones Interviews Eddie Kendricks - Soul Unlimited Show 1973 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sowZoHRJUGw]DISCO 77 - EDDIE KENDRICKS - BOOGIE DOWN - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-O46HeWcw&sns=em]Gino Washington TV Show interview With Eddie,Dennis,David (fommer Members of the Temptations 1991 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toC22A9Rjt0]David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks and Dennis Edwards - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOYPfq0eqOU]Body Talk-Eddie Kendricks-1975 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5dAO7Xkcdw]Eddie Kendricks - Goin' Up In Smoke (Long Mix) - YouTube[/ame]

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux
Smooth !! Swagger!! Sexy(made you want to cuddle him with that sexy coy like grinn)Sang like an
angels with wings on his back...If Eddie couldn't move u with that sexy timeless voice of his..???
Take a trip 2 the morgue u maybe ((DEAD)) Man that man was sexy and fine... and had the voice
to go with it......I WILL ALWAYS LOVE U EDDIE & Damon Harris !!! Best tenors 2 ever do it.
may both ur souls Rest In Peace~~~:rose-dead:

Linda Cliff

Runaway Love
Reaction score
Reactions
874 44 1
Alleybux
Smooth !! Swagger!! Sexy(made you want to cuddle him with that sexy coy like grinn)Sang like an
angels with wings on his back...If Eddie couldn't move u with that sexy timeless voice of his..???
Take a trip 2 the morgue u maybe ((DEAD)) Man that man was sexy and fine... and had the voice
to go with it......I WILL ALWAYS LOVE U EDDIE & Damon Harris !!! Best tenors 2 ever do it.
may both ur souls Rest In Peace~~~:rose-dead:

Ms. Walter, did you personally know Eddie? Have any stories to share?:psmile:

Vilomah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,254 1,356 255
Alleybux
Thanks OP for the heads up, I can't wait.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDoWSb4xrts"]Eddie Kendricks - Intimate friends (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

This right here, brings back so many memories.

Storybook

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,003 53 29
Alleybux
It's so hard for me to say Goodbye..
that song made me go crazy...that voice and let's take it back..
Please Return your Love to me Girl..
I am about to break out my old stuff now...
Can't wait thanks OP had no idea! I think i will have my big sister over for dinner that night we can reminisce.

gdogg

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,063 58 19
Alleybux
By far my favorite by Eddie (solo).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpPm04JlVU]IF YOU LET ME / EDDIE KENDRICKS - YouTube[/ame]

Walter Hawkins

Gospel Singing SongBird
Reaction score
Reactions
29,710 965 26
Alleybux
Ms. Walter, did you personally know Eddie? Have any stories to share?:psmile:

Hey Choo.Choo
No Eddie Kendrick was not a personal friend of mine..but I had the pleasure of meeting
him and the Tempts...they were personal friends of my ex husband who worked as a producer
and singer for Motown back in the day...He's a decade an 1/2 older than me..The later Tempts
I wasn't so interested in...but the tempts like the 5 Originals and Dennis Edwards Richard Street,
Damon Harris & Ali Ollie Woodson (Damon) who I had a friendship with visa us meeting on another website. and Damon and I connected b/c I was on that site talking about the gospel industry.
Laying them to rest as usual....LOL

He sent me a message asking certain questions about The Late Rev James Cleveland?
and others?..and then later asked me about a old song of James and did I know the words?
If I did could I write them out and mail them 2 him?(I did) ! I went to several of the Tempts
The Jackson 5 , Stevie Wonder Concerts back in the day ....

My ex told me out of all the Temptations Eddie was the one whom really despise Berry Gordy:mad-tongue:

Guess so the way they say Berry Gordy was cheating his artistes and cooking the books.
My ex says to this very day the Tempts should be set for life money wise..they shouldn't
have to work like they do..but Berry Gordy got that pleasure and he can't even sang:dunno:
My ex is bitter at him & Smokey too (they stole and took credit for songs they didn't write):disdain:

A lot of the stories I tell I got them from my ex..somethings I know from growing
up in that era and going to the concerts etc..What shocked me with Eddie was he talked
nothing like he sang. Which was all light and airy. My ex husband loved Eddie and said
that was a load of bull..Eddie put on to get the women, and you felt like he need to be hugged
or something(I can't explain it)? Like he was so shy..My ex said that was a facade.

Oh yea Otis Williams is not that nice..he's a hard man 2 deal with:pig:
He was doing to his group members what Berry Gordy done 2 them.,
((Stealing the Money))!!

P.s I be reading ur postes Choo-Choo and I enjoy them. Keep up the good work.!!!

Linda Cliff

Runaway Love
Reaction score
Reactions
874 44 1
Alleybux

Hey Choo.Choo
No Eddie Kendrick was not a personal friend of mine..but I had the pleasure of meeting
him and the Tempts...they were personal friends of my ex husband who worked as a producer
and singer for Motown back in the day...He's a decade an 1/2 older than me..The later Tempts
I wasn't so interested in...but the tempts like the 5 Originals and Dennis Edwards Richard Street,
Damon Harris & Ali Ollie Woodson (Damon) who I had a friendship with visa us meeting on another website. and Damon and I connected b/c I was on that site talking about the gospel industry.
Laying them to rest as usual....LOL

He sent me a message asking certain questions about The Late Rev James Cleveland?
and others?..and then later asked me about a old song of James and did I know the words?
If I did could I write them out and mail them 2 him?(I did) ! I went to several of the Tempts
The Jackson 5 , Stevie Wonder Concerts back in the day ....

My ex told me out of all the Temptations Eddie was the one whom really despise Berry Gordy:mad-tongue:

Guess so the way they say Berry Gordy was cheating his artistes and cooking the books.
My ex says to this very day the Tempts should be set for life money wise..they shouldn't
have to work like they do..but Berry Gordy got that pleasure and he can't even sang:dunno:
My ex is bitter at him & Smokey too (they stole and took credit for songs they didn't write):disdain:

A lot of the stories I tell I got them from my ex..somethings I know from growing
up in that era and going to the concerts etc..What shocked me with Eddie was he talked
nothing like he sang. Which was all light and airy. My ex husband loved Eddie and said
that was a load of bull..Eddie put on to get the women, and you felt like he need to be hugged
or something(I can't explain it)? Like he was so shy..My ex said that was a facade.

Oh yea Otis Williams is not that nice..he's a hard man 2 deal with:pig:
He was doing to his group members what Berry Gordy done 2 them.,
((Stealing the Money))!!

P.s I be reading ur postes Choo-Choo and I enjoy them. Keep up the good work.!!!

WOW! I totally agree with your ex husband!! I've always thought that the guys shouldn't have had to work as hard as they did/are doing and should be set for life. A crying shame Gordy did them dirty like that. I'll never understand it, especially when the company kept giving off that whole "family" thing when in fact it was the total opposite (every man for him or herself). SMH. Wonder if they'll mention Eddie's bitterness towards Gordy in the episode?

LMAO @ Eddie putting on! I sooo agree with that as well! I've always felt that his shyness (at least during his later years) was all just an act for the ladies. Even though it's cute, I've always suspected that he became a more confident person later in life but kept the "shyness" as a part of his entertainment persona. LOL Very interesting. And yes, I too was shocked when I first heard his speaking voice years ago. I was expecting it to be some high pitched voice or something. LOL!! Boy was it surprising to hear that it wasn't like that at all! Ha, and don't get me started on Oatass. Can't even imagine what he'll have to say in this episode. :talktohand:

Thank you!!:hug: So glad you enjoy my posts and I REALLY love yours as well! You've given some good insight on a lot of things (like the music biz) and further confirms what a lot of people are thinking! Thank you for your contribution!

prettyjoy04

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,321 757 85
Alleybux
Thank you for this thread! I am so ready for this episode tonight. [MENTION=87269]walt[/MENTION]erHawkins, I knew you would come here with a great story to tell us. Thank you.

I will add that Motown did their artists dead wrong. I think Stevie Wonder even had to fight them for his music and money as an adult. I figured Otis and all those versions of the Tempts were a cry for financial help.

Wilson19

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,153 272 72
Alleybux
New to your site, and just love it. You all have the most interesting stories.

Anyhoo, looking forward to Eddie's Unsung.

And, again, you are are great.

Mia Wallace

Sign ☮︎ the Times
Reaction score
Reactions
96,442 208 52
Alleybux
Yall peep that white dude in the corner attempting to dance???? :dead:

Mia Wallace

Sign ☮︎ the Times
Reaction score
Reactions
96,442 208 52
Alleybux

OMG no!!! I have to find this on youtube or watch the re-run.

It was at the very beginning of the Get Ready clip. :dead:

On my dvr it's around the 10:14 mark

White people dancing will always be fascinating to me :laugh:

EvesBayou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,610 313 164
Alleybux
I can't say that I wouldn't have groupied-out for Eddie...IJS...judge all you want but I would have been one of those chicks waiting in the hotel with a negligie(sp) on

I love a man that can sing and sings nice love songs....not this new R&B where the guys verbally molest you. Plus Eddie was handsome with his skinny self. I love a nice chocolate brown handsome man.

I agree with whomever said that his daughter is beautiful. She's pretty because her daddy was so good looking

RIP Eddie Kendricks

Mia Wallace

Sign ☮︎ the Times
Reaction score
Reactions
96,442 208 52
Alleybux
Dennis fit right in with the Temps. One of the most successful replacements ever.

EvesBayou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,610 313 164
Alleybux
I told ya'll in the Eddie Kendricks appreciation thread that Eddie was packing!!! Had Diana getting her Jasmine Sullivan on at his wife's house. THat woulda been me

Reaction score
Reactions
1,294 1
Alleybux
Otis Otis Otis maybe you all should've banned together like Eddie said, there's strength in numbers!

Did y'all catch that Ms. Ross tea? She was something else.

Mary Wilson looks good.

prettyjoy04

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,321 757 85
Alleybux
Hmmmm, I wonder what a baby with Eddie and Diana Ross would have looked like.

prettyjoy04

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,321 757 85
Alleybux
Rick James was Melvin's nephew? That's random to me for some reason lol.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom