Quantcast

Unsung: H-Town (11/4/15)

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
Yeah, I remember seeing the B-Day video on his IG. I think I saw the Conner sister who looks like Dino there. She looked really pretty. I think it was at some type of bowling alley or skating rink.

I'm just going to assume that it's possible that they celebrated their birthdays together when he was alive. It's what it seems like.
yea i think they probs did as well girl, it's weird but then it's like they've been doing it for so long it's a habit for them now. I wonder what Dino liked to do for his bday.

soufully

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,166 1,888 479
Alleybux
yea i think they probs did as well girl, it's weird but then it's like they've been doing it for so long it's a habit for them now. I wonder what Dino liked to do for his bday.

Yeah, cause at this point I'm thinking it was just something they did but you know when they got ready to start school eventually you know they'd need their record. It's why I'm thinking that "twin narrative" was something that family was in on too. Technically, they were never formally twins but "Irish" twins like everyone mentioned. I'm from their city and just found out this year. It's so crazy. I've been interested in them more than ever for some odd reason. It's like I been into their music a lot and compelled to do research on them.

I sometimes think there was some sort of family drama surrounding Shazam and Dinos' birth. It's the only reason I think them being twins is pushed so. I could understand if there's drama they'd be a little apprehensive in talking about it. I'm guessing there might have been an issue between the mother and father. Shazam did thank them when they won an STA back in 1994. I've only seen like one picture of their father, Calvin. Both brothers seem to look like their mother especially Dino.

I saw an interview that was done early last year where Shazam did list the years 1992 and 1993 as the years they've would've graduated from Jack Yates. It makes sense as Shazam and Dino both have late birthdays. Shazam would've been class of 1992 and Dino 1993. I guess to me, he's low-key telling truth especially when he says things like that. He said something about them not finishing formally but Luke helped them out. I think they were still going to school when 'Bust A Nut' came out and by the time the video for 'You and Me' was released in I believe late 1992 Shazam would've at least finished high school already or they were just doing school thru a tutor and, or mail. When I was young, I thought they were older men already...lol....like born in the late 60's
Shazam alluded to them still going to Jack Yates during the beginning when they were with Luke and students would say that they saw them on TV but he'd say that wasn't them.

I tried to find out how old G.I was but the internet has put him as the youngest for whatever reason but they seem all close in age.

One of the YouTube or IG people is said to start interviewing people for a documentary about them but more so centered around Dino.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
Yeah, cause at this point I'm thinking it was just something they did but you know when they got ready to start school eventually you know they'd need their record. It's why I'm thinking that "twin narrative" was something that family was in on too. Technically, they were never formally twins but "Irish" twins like everyone mentioned. I'm from their city and just found out this year. It's so crazy. I've been interested in them more than ever for some odd reason. It's like I been into their music a lot and compelled to do research on them.

I sometimes think there was some sort of family drama surrounding Shazam and Dinos' birth. It's the only reason I think them being twins is pushed so. I could understand if there's drama they'd be a little apprehensive in talking about it. I'm guessing there might have been an issue between the mother and father. Shazam did thank them when they won an STA back in 1994. I've only seen like one picture of their father, Calvin. Both brothers seem to look like their mother especially Dino.

I saw an interview that was done early last year where Shazam did list the years 1992 and 1993 as the years they've would've graduated from Jack Yates. It makes sense as Shazam and Dino both have late birthdays. Shazam would've been class of 1992 and Dino 1993. I guess to me, he's low-key telling truth especially when he says things like that. He said something about them not finishing formally but Luke helped them out. I think they were still going to school when 'Bust A Nut' came out and by the time the video for 'You and Me' was released in I believe late 1992 Shazam would've at least finished high school already or they were just doing school thru a tutor and, or mail. When I was young, I thought they were older men already...lol....like born in the late 60's
Shazam alluded to them still going to Jack Yates during the beginning when they were with Luke and students would say that they saw them on TV but he'd say that wasn't them.

I tried to find out how old G.I was but the internet has put him as the youngest for whatever reason but they seem all close in age.

One of the YouTube or IG people is said to start interviewing people for a documentary about them but more so centered around Dino.
what social media person(s) said they were going to start an interview about them? I think i know which one you are talking about.

And girl, you are lucky to have been alive when Dino was and the group was popping. Did you ever go see them in concert? Oh what I would give to have been able to experience the 90s....

soufully

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,166 1,888 479
Alleybux
what social media person(s) said they were going to start an interview about them? I think i know which one you are talking about.

And girl, you are lucky to have been alive when Dino was and the group was popping. Did you ever go see them in concert? Oh what I would give to have been able to experience the 90s....

I think it's one of the IG's pages in tribute to him. I can't remember which one it is and there's around several. I want to say they're all connected but I think this particular one is "adailydoseofdino". Yeah, basically they're going to reach out to people such as, friends, classmates, maybe some family (if they're up to it), and etc to interview. People claiming to be extended family and friends stay in the comments on social media. I remember one women said she had a memory of Dino and he would sing all the time in Cullen Middle school so it was no surprise to seen him grown and singing. It's people like that they want to interview...to get to know more about the group particularly Dino.

I was alive but was really young when they debuted. When Dino passed, I had just started middle school so I was still too young to go to their concerts. I remember growing up and hearing 'Knockin' Da Boots' and 'They Like It Slow'. I actually heard the latter first cause for some reason it reminded me of LSG. LSG has a song I use to hum and sing around the house called 'My Body' around the same time H-Town had released the Ladies Edition album. I remember seeing Dino in the video for 'Knockin Da Boots' and getting chills. I seen the video a few times before but It was something about him that time where he was very alluring and the melody of the music even stood out more. What's crazy is at the time that I saw the video, he had already passed but I just didn't know. I wouldn't find out until about 3 years later so around 07-ish... I was devastated especially with the way he transitioned so I assume that's why I was feeling some kind of way when I saw the video then.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
I think it's one of the IG's pages in tribute to him. I can't remember which one it is and there's around several. I want to say they're all connected but I think this particular one is "adailydoseofdino". Yeah, basically they're going to reach out to people such as, friends, classmates, maybe some family (if they're up to it), and etc to interview. People claiming to be extended family and friends stay in the comments on social media. I remember one women said she had a memory of Dino and he would sing all the time in Cullen Middle school so it was no surprise to seen him grown and singing. It's people like that they want to interview...to get to know more about the group particularly Dino.

I was alive but was really young when they debuted. When Dino passed, I had just started middle school so I was still too young to go to their concerts. I remember growing up and hearing 'Knockin' Da Boots' and 'They Like It Slow'. I actually heard the latter first cause for some reason it reminded me of LSG. LSG has a song I use to hum and sing around the house called 'My Body' around the same time H-Town had released the Ladies Edition album. I remember seeing Dino in the video for 'Knockin Da Boots' and getting chills. I seen the video a few times before but It was something about him that time where he was very alluring and the melody of the music even stood out more. What's crazy is at the time that I saw the video, he had already passed but I just didn't know. I wouldn't find out until about 3 years later so around 07-ish... I was devastated especially with the way he transitioned so I assume that's why I was feeling some kind of way when I saw the video then.

oh okay Im familiar with that page, I would love interviews that would present new information of Dino.
And wow that sucks, that's why I say I wish I would have been born in the 70s so I wouldve been old enough to actually enjoy them.

soufully

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,166 1,888 479
Alleybux
I think he and Jessica were engaged at some point. There were some performances where he had a ring on the finger where a wedding band would go but I know traditionally men don't wear engagement rings.

GangstaGlam

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,944 1,107 403
Alleybux
I think he and Jessica were engaged at some point. There were some performances where he had a ring on the finger where a wedding band would go but I know traditionally men don't wear engagement rings.
So he loved her ? Was he in love with Teshya too ? How was Dino and Jessica's relationship like ?

soufully

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,166 1,888 479
Alleybux
So he loved her ? Was he in love with Teshya too ? How was Dino and Jessica's relationship like ?

I wish I could answer that.

The only thing I remember reading were things that are already discussed here and on some other social media sites.The information about he and Jessica being engaged was found here on LSA somewhere. A font that was apart of the H-Town Yahoo Group claimed Jessica herself came into to group and mentioned that she and Dino were engaged. I wonder how true that is.
I was always curious to know they met...I believe she was from the Sugar Land, TX area and at the time Dino had a very nice home there so I guess they crossed paths somehow or maybe even before he moved to Sugar Land.

I remember someone saying that Dino's sister Crystal (the one who looks like him and sings) visited their graves and said something about them being a few of her 2 favorite people. So I guess he must had bought Teshya around them. I wished I remember where I read this...I can't remember if it was either on YouTube or LSA. I believe Dino's people had leaked an unreleased track or something and it was said that she was possibly pregnant with a boy named 'Lamar'. The lyric had said something about Teshya and Lamar. People were saying Lamar was suppose to be the unborn child's name. It has me thinking that she was further along than what I had thought. I can't think of the name of the song cause I remember reading that somewhere on YouTube. I don't know if this song was on Dino alleged solo album or IOL.

From my observation I'm not sure if he was ready for marriage...At least not that part in his life. Between the 2nd and 3rd album he had really come into himself as a performer. I watched a lot of the Ladies Edition era performances and I don't know how he would have stayed "chaste" because he was very good-looking and also had a very guy next door vibe that many find endearing including myself.

I do think more stuff will come out about him. Cause people often talk in the comments here and on social media. I'm hoping that woman from IG is able to get interviews from people that knew or were close to him. I just read a comment about 3 weeks ago saying how he assisted Dino in the accident and can't drive down the West Park Tollway at Fondren without breaking down emotionally.

GangstaGlam

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,944 1,107 403
Alleybux

The only thing I remember reading were things that are already discussed here and on some other social media sites.The information about he and Jessica being engaged was found here on LSA somewhere. A font that was apart of the H-Town Yahoo Group claimed Jessica herself came into to group and mentioned that she and Dino were engaged. I wonder how true that is.
I was always curious to know they met...I believe she was from the Sugar Land, TX area and at the time Dino had a very nice home there so I guess they crossed paths somehow or maybe even before he moved to Sugar Land.

I remember someone saying that Dino's sister Crystal (the one who looks like him and sings) visited their graves and said something about them being a few of her 2 favorite people. So I guess he must had bought Teshya around them. I wished I remember where I read this...I can't remember if it was either on YouTube or LSA. I believe Dino's people had leaked an unreleased track or something and it was said that she was possibly pregnant with a boy named 'Lamar'. The lyric had said something about Teshya and Lamar. People were saying Lamar was suppose to be the unborn child's name. It has me thinking that she was further along than what I had thought. I can't think of the name of the song cause I remember reading that somewhere on YouTube. I don't know if this song was on Dino alleged solo album or IOL.

From my observation I'm not sure if he was ready for marriage...At least not that part in his life. Between the 2nd and 3rd album he had really come into himself as a performer. I watched a lot of the Ladies Edition era performances and I don't know how he would have stayed "chaste" because he was very good-looking and also had a very guy next door vibe that many find endearing including myself.

I do think more stuff will come out about him. Cause people often talk in the comments here and on social media. I'm hoping that woman from IG is able to get interviews from people that knew or were close to him. I just read a comment about 3 weeks ago saying how he assisted Dino in the accident and can't drive down the West Park Tollway at Fondren without breaking down emotionally.
He seemed like the romantic and monogamous type. He didn't seem like a cheater or a player.

Tee_baby

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,147 531 27
Alleybux

Wait…..how did the guy assist Dino? It’s so many different things out. I heard he was almost decapitated, and he flew into a river. And I heard he went into cardiac arrest, and passed on the way to the hospital.

soufully

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,166 1,888 479
Alleybux
Wait…..how did the guy assist Dino? It’s so many different things out. I heard he was almost decapitated, and he flew into a river. And I heard he went into cardiac arrest, and passed on the way to the hospital.

Yes, I read that on Shazam's page under one of the comments. He didn't really go into details. I don't know if he was a paramedic or just a good Samaritan. The man sounded really distraught like he could never go in that area without thinking about what happened.

The river thing is new to me cause there's no river near that area of the accident.
I had heard that he was ejected into the Eckerds Pharmacy parking lot. The building is still there but it's now an Advance Autoparts.

The other thing I heard was a rumor about Dino being alert but in and out of consciousness but passed on the way to the hospital. I even heard something eerie about him being told that Teshya had transitioned and that's what caused him to give up but I don't know how true that is. I think I read that either here on LSA or on YouTube.

I read another comment on YouTube but this dude was not native to Houston. He had just moved to Houston and just so happened to be on the road around the same time frame the accident happened. He wanted to know why traffic was held up in the wee hours of the morning. I think he said he got out of the car and noticed the young couple. The other motorists were getting out to look around as well and then some of them started talking to each other. According to him at the time, people were recognizing who the young couple could be and then some were starting to say it was the dude from that group H-Town but they weren't sure if it was Shazam or Dino. The poster on YouTube didn't put 2 and 2 together until he learned of Dino's passing.

Tee_baby

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,147 531 27
Alleybux
Yes, I read that on Shazam's page under one of the comments. He didn't really go into details. I don't know if he was a paramedic or just a good Samaritan. The man sounded really distraught like he could never go in that area without thinking about what happened.

The river thing is new to me cause there's no river near that area of the accident.
I had heard that he was ejected into the Eckerds Pharmacy parking lot. The building is still there but it's now an Advance Autoparts.

The other thing I heard was a rumor about Dino being alert but in and out of consciousness but passed on the way to the hospital. I even heard something eerie about him being told that Teshya had transitioned and that's what caused him to give up but I don't know how true that is. I think I read that either here on LSA or on YouTube.

I read another comment on YouTube but this dude was not native to Houston. He had just moved to Houston and just so happened to be on the road around the same time frame the accident happened. He wanted to know why traffic was held up in the wee hours of the morning. I think he said he got out of the car and noticed the young couple. The other motorists were getting out to look around as well and then some of them started talking to each other. According to him at the time, people were recognizing who the young couple could be and then some were starting to say it was the dude from that group H-Town but they weren't sure if it was Shazam or Dino. The poster on YouTube didn't put 2 and 2 together until he learned of Dino's passing.
I heard that he asked about his fiancé and I guess they told him she passed and them they say he passed. Poor baby. I wish they could’ve got him to continue fighting. It reminds me of a couple that been married for so long and one pass then not long after the other passes. And who knows if he survived that probably would’ve messed with his head.

GangstaGlam

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,944 1,107 403
Alleybux
I heard that he asked about his fiancé and I guess they told him she passed and them they say he passed. Poor baby. I wish they could’ve got him to continue fighting. It reminds me of a couple that been married for so long and one pass then not long after the other passes. And who knows if he survived that probably would’ve messed with his head.
Yeah. He would have been devastated. Was he in love with Teshya ?

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux

do you have the instagram name of the person he said he was on the scene with Dino?

Also, theres a tarot card reading on youtube a woman did of Dino and she said that when Teshya saw that Dino was looked lifeless she gave up cause she didn't. want to be here without him. Either way, whoever it was that saw the other first, she said Dino had to Teshya really had this buddy system type of relationship where they stuck together where he goes, she goes and vice versa.

GangstaGlam

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,944 1,107 403
Alleybux
do you have the instagram name of the person he said he was on the scene with Dino?

Also, theres a tarot card reading on youtube a woman did of Dino and she said that when Teshya saw that Dino was looked lifeless she gave up cause she didn't. want to be here without him. Either way, whoever it was that saw the other first, she said Dino had to Teshya really had this buddy system type of relationship where they stuck together where he goes, she goes and vice versa.
Do you think that Dino loved Teshya ?

QueenRaquel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,420 2,021 879
Alleybux

Idk it sounds cute buddy system type relationship but it sounds very dependent on each other type of relationship.

soufully

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,166 1,888 479
Alleybux

Yes, I had to search for it
keithmoses3631

I might have ran into that same tarot reading. I think that was the same one that talked about his relationship with is father...No one seems to know him. I might have saw one picture of him.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
Yes, I had to search for it
keithmoses3631

I might have ran into that same tarot reading. I think that was the same one that talked about his relationship with is father...No one seems to know him. I might have saw one picture of him.
ouu thanks sis! And yea I seen two pics of him before, I think people in the family are familiar with him but don't talk about him often cause he was probably a "in-and-out" daddy. I saw that Tarot card reader say he was a rolling stone.

QueenRaquel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,420 2,021 879
Alleybux
I thought it was cute as well, but I'm also curious if Dino was faithful in that relationship or not...

Yeah, most women who are like this really don't trust their man. Or this was her way of showing him she will always be there for him and him vice versa. Idk how long that would have last had they lived, because someone is bound to want space and do things on their own. And I think it would be him.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
Here are the screenshots of the conversation I had with the person that not only assisted Dino but saw the accident occur, he even said he saw Dino's head turn right before the car hit them...

Attachments

• IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4231.jpeg
    IMG_4231.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4232.jpeg
    IMG_4232.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4233.jpeg
    IMG_4233.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4234.jpeg
    IMG_4234.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4235.jpeg
    IMG_4235.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4236.jpeg
    IMG_4236.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4237.jpeg
    IMG_4237.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4238.jpeg
    IMG_4238.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4239.jpeg
    IMG_4239.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 127

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
Part ii

Attachments

• IMG_4240.jpeg
    IMG_4240.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4241.jpeg
    IMG_4241.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4242.jpeg
    IMG_4242.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4243.jpeg
    IMG_4243.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4244.jpeg
    IMG_4244.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4245.jpeg
    IMG_4245.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4246.jpeg
    IMG_4246.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 141

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
THEORY 1 DEBUNKED

What I find interesting about the whole ordeal is that I had previously seen a video on youtube of a tarot card reading which I did mention in some previous messages. But in that reading, the lady said Dino saw Teshya and couldn't bear living knowing that she was dead, the guilt would have eaten him up. Which I thought was interesting because people have always assumed it was Teshya that saw Dino was seriously and didn't want to live without the love of her life, but it was actually the other way around because Teshya was dead on the scene she flew 200 FEET! That's FARRR.

Last edited:

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
THEORY 2 DEBUNKED

We can now debunk is any reports of him being decapitated or thrown in a river. Dino was alive, but just seriously injured internally because as the man said he had liver splotches on his stomach, which breaks my heart to hear because that means he had some bad internal bleeding. BUT he was ALIVE. The man said he didn't even figure that Dino was dead because Dino was talking and awake but dazed and confused.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
THEORY 3 DEBUNKED

Another thing people suspected was that Teshya was the driver that night when in fact it was Dino that was driving that car. That's something I always thought was weird because usually men do drive when they're in the car with their girlfriends/boo/wifey/whatever lol. So I honestly do find Dino being the driver more believable, men love cars.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
THEORY 4 DEBUNKED

I also asked the man if Teshya was visibly with-child and he said she was in fact visibly pregnant. So that leads me to believe Teshya was maybe 6 months-ish pregnant at least, only because small girls show way later in their pregnancy. A lot of people thought she was earlier maybe around 3 months but I don't think so. Not only that they had a car seat in the back.. people don't usually buy the car seat or especially have it i their car until its very close to having the baby.

GangstaGlam

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,944 1,107 403
Alleybux
Oh wow. Thank you @21forever . The part where he said that Dino was trying to get to Teshya breaks my heart. He must have really loved her.

QueenRaquel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,420 2,021 879
Alleybux
It sounds like he was driving without ID, which explains on unsung. If I'm not mistaken they thought he was just imo being low. But he was really in the morgue smh.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
Oh wow. Thank you @21forever . The part where he said that Dino was trying to get to Teshya breaks my heart. He must have really loved her.
that part is still on my mind. heartbreaking as hell. he was in pain, hurt, bleeding, but was more worried about her. that's so sad. and then the fact that they had a carseat in the car? they were preparing for parenthood but sadly didn't make it there and that is upsetting af.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
It sounds like he was driving without ID, which explains on unsung. If I'm not mistaken they thought he was just imo being low. But he was really in the morgue smh.
probably since they weren't able to ID him sooner. I feel like if he had his family at the hospital with him he would have held on you know... having a familiar face in front of you.

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
from my understanding Dino didn't have a certain type and this came from a very reliable source. It does seem like he did have a thing for caucasian women but I was told that he didn't have a certain type or color. Now as for Jessica yes from what I was told she wanted nothing else to do with him and basically it was a money thing and they were back and forth and yes that fought constantly. I was told Dino did have a temper and was extremely stubborn. From what I was told Jessica gave their daughter the last name Rogan because she felt likeDino wasn't proving himself as being a good father or being there for their daughter and Joe Rogan came along and took on the role that SUPPOSINGLY Dino wasn't doing. Jessica i think has 2 daughters with Joe Rogan. me personally I don't believe Dino didn't take care of his daughter I think Jessica was butt hurt that things didn't turn out the way she thought they would with him. I know this I would NEVER give my child another man's last name and he's not their father. I can imagine that had to make him feel low that your first born NEVER had your last name and it was NEVER an option. Yes GI acts as if he's super sensitive when it comes to women and especially when it's not going how he wants it too meaning he wants to be with just one but I guess the women are not on that level of settling down just yet. I did hear they were young. As far as his engagement I was told that they didn't think he was sincere about it because even though he was claiming to be closer to God he was still cheating like hell.
hey girl I'm resurfacing you lol. I had a question, what else did your reliable source say about Dino dating all colors? And I need more info about this temper of his as well, I don't see that from his interviews he's done. Also did he get around? How do you know the source is reliable?

21forever

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,839 500 70
Alleybux
I don't know if I already said this but something is weird about the details of Dino's death. It was always said that they were hit by drunk driver's. But on the UnSung episode they said that the people just got finished robbing a bank. Wasn't it like after 2 in the morning? What bank is open that late!? Idk. I'm from Cleveland and our banks close by 4.
read my new updated post!