Unsung: Kenny Lattimore Premieres Tonight @ 8pm C

Mz. Judgement

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
272,673 8,380 1,952
Alleybux
I'm looking at this ep again. It seem like they cut a lot of comments from the Chate's divorce part that they didn't put in the a actual ep. I dont remember Kim saying in the ep Chante didn't think things through or to hear De La Cruz saying the reality show broke them a part.

Lalah

C A R A M E LL E
Reaction score
Reactions
282,327 15,405 8,148
Alleybux
I noticed with his ep he doesn't have many other celebrities commenting like other people that have been featured.
That’s interesting because he has industry friends, or so I thought he did. Maybe he’s fallen out with them. I know he was friends with kelly price and some gospel artist. I personally think he has another side to him and that chante left him for good reason. I’m a huge chante fan.

Caramelskin

80’s baby ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
179,592 7,139 3,462
Alleybux
Um...how is he Unsung? He ain’t made enough songs to be unsung! Someone like Billy Preston was Unsung... they must be running out of people. Unsigned...but not unsung.

The group Tavares is Unsung and they need to do an episode on them.

I don’t even question it anymore but it’s still interesting to go back in time about their lives.

Lalah

C A R A M E LL E
Reaction score
Reactions
282,327 15,405 8,148
Alleybux
I think he is gay. He never seem to have a focus on a women prior to chante or even after. She was a popular recording artist. Who’s to say he didn’t get with her for clout/beard type situation? Idk but I’m not buying what he’s selling.

Last edited:

LOVESBUGGINME2

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
21,570 1,306 4,069
Alleybux
I think he is gay. He never seem to have a focus on a women prior to chante or even after. She was a popular recording artist. Who’s to say he didn’t get with her for clout/beard type situation? Idk but I’m not buying what he’s selling.

Kenny dated Kelly Williams from Family Matters. He also dated a woman that work at Elektra Records for a year before he met Chante. People in the industry knew he was dating women. Kenny is more than likely bisexual though. There has always been whispers about his sexuality. It’s part of the reason why his career didn’t take off. He has no appeal.

I will say that I hate when Unsung starts to overhype and over emphasize an artist’s success. Kenny was always forgettable. No one was checking for him outside of “For You.” He’s got a great voice but he’s not an american treasure.

sekeithia75

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,270 529 180
Alleybux
Kenny dated Kelly Williams from Family Matters. He also dated a woman that work at Elektra Records for a year before he met Chante. People in the industry knew he was dating women. Kenny is more than likely bisexual though. There has always been whispers about his sexuality. It’s part of the reason why his career didn’t take off. He has no appeal.

I will say that I hate when Unsung starts to overhype and over emphasize an artist’s success. Kenny was always forgettable. No one was checking for him outside of “For You.” He’s got a great voice but he’s not an american treasure.

#facts

boat1580

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,012 1,921 1,004
Alleybux
Just got done watching this episode, really enjoyed it. This season wasn't too bad. Just a little too short though. That's okay, they still have plenty more artists to do.

I really commend him on putting his career to the side earlier to step in and really be there for his son. With what happened to him he wanted to make sure and protect him. We need more dad's like this.

Sorry to hear that he felt that he didn't fit in during his Columbia days with artists like maxwell and dangelo. But it is a reminder that we're all unique and special in our own way. To me they're all great artists and they don't have to all be a like to receive admirers. Glad Kenny stayed true to himself and never tried to be something that he wasn't

unbreakable

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
114,160 2,126 1,113
Alleybux
I was a Maxwell fan. There's a difference with being attractive and having xes appeal. Maxwell had both.

Exactly.

Kenny was never going to be bigger,or as big, as Maxwell. Period. He need to cut that mess out. Columbia pushed Maxwell for a reason. He had it. Maxwell came out with a bang with back to back hits, and a hit album. He was also known for being a good performer. Kenny can sing and has some cute songs but he was no competition for Maxwell.

SashayChantez

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,466 75 51
Alleybux
I agree with a lot of yall. Kenny was a good looking man but he didn't have IT to really compete with Maxwell, D'Angelo, etc. He made more mature R&B songs and marketed himself more maturely. As a teen during that time it wasn't something I was checking for. I knew he made good ballads but that's where it ended. Maxwell wasn't exactly a "younger'' artist but he definitely came with a more contemporary feel and look.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,907 101 17
Alleybux

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,620 5,572 5,243
Alleybux
Oh my God, watching this on Unsung, Chante is a grade A b_tch and a liar.

He seems like such a good man. God bless him!

They rushed to marriage and that's a no no. You do not rush marriage.

I cried during the molestation part.