Quantcast

Unsung - Marvin Sapp

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,658 13,171 1,667
Alleybux
I caught the end of Sapp's Unsung. He's probably as sung as a gospel artist gets - like the Clark sisters.

The death of his wife was really sad but I was a little surprised that he was traveling if his wife was that ill.

Anyway, I came to the episode with a little skepticism about him since he did a song w/ Kandi when she was at the height of her xes toy/podcast period. I just read about him saying that people should look at Jay Z's latest album and how it sold & why can't people support gospel artist w/o considering their lifestyles.

The message seems to fit a lot of the popular contemporary artists. The bigger they become, the less you hear Jesus in released material because they want a crossover.

Out of all the gospel music in the world and w/ her husband being a producer, Erica Campbell's radio show opened w/ the Gap Band's - Got to Get Up Early in the Morning (and find me another lover). The show eventually shifted to original music - Get Up, Got A lot to do, 24 hours almost over - but nothing that would clue you it's a gospel show.

I think some gospel artists and pastors need to take a long break and get refreshed when they find themselves too far from the message they're preaching. But I know that's difficult because at a certain point they become mini corporations w/ a lot of people eating and the collection plate dollars depending on their very presence.

OneOfThem

BΔΚ - Green Light Spr18 #4
Reaction score
Reactions
2,947 29 4
Alleybux
The fact that this was only the 2nd gospel episode (Dave Hollister doesn't count) in 10 seasons is kinda sad.

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,903 775 251
Alleybux
The fact that this was only the 2nd gospel episode (Dave Hollister doesn't count) in 10 seasons is kinda sad.

I agree. But the funny thing about it is.. most of the artists had a gospel rooted musical past. I don't think that Marvin Sapp is Unsung...He never was.

Who they need to feature is James Cleveland.... But I am sure it would expose more than just him. Opening that pandora's box will expose the entire gospel industry.

ShotGunBetty

I am Denise Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
24,903 775 251
Alleybux
I caught the end of Sapp's Unsung. He's probably as sung as a gospel artist gets - like the Clark sisters.

The death of his wife was really sad but I was a little surprised that he was traveling if his wife was that ill.

Anyway, I came to the episode with a little skepticism about him since he did a song w/ Kandi when she was at the height of her xes toy/podcast period. I just read about him saying that people should look at Jay Z's latest album and how it sold & why can't people support gospel artist w/o considering their lifestyles.

The message seems to fit a lot of the popular contemporary artists. The bigger they become, the less you hear Jesus in released material because they want a crossover.

Out of all the gospel music in the world and w/ her husband being a producer, Erica Campbell's radio show opened w/ the Gap Band's - Got to Get Up Early in the Morning (and find me another lover). The show eventually shifted to original music - Get Up, Got A lot to do, 24 hours almost over - but nothing that would clue you it's a gospel show.

I think some gospel artists and pastors need to take a long break and get refreshed when they find themselves too far from the message they're preaching. But I know that's difficult because at a certain point they become mini corporations w/ a lot of people eating and the collection plate dollars depending on their very presence.

I just had a talk with my friend that's a youth minister, and he was preparing a message about Christianity following the world and doing what the world does in order to win souls. He wanted to touch on the lesbian and transgender community - but the Senior Pastor told him not to - because a lot of tithers would take offense.

Now ain't that something? But it's happening all over. The pulpit wants to keep that money coming in, so they water down the message to appease folk. Good bye Felicia.

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,658 13,171 1,667
Alleybux
Marvin Sapp is now partnering with R. Kelly.
Not at all surprised based on his Unsung and his expressed admiration for Jay Z & his prior collaboration w/ Kandi. There really is no standard there.

sweetmelly

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,504 255 25
Alleybux
Malinda went through some thangs with Marvin. But I pray
her soul is at Rest now, b/c its all over now. One Moment
In Gods Kingdom will Pay for it all. Rest in Jesus Malinda~~~
1ptslv_th.jpg

She was an awesome speaker for the Lord Jesus Christ.
she would carry the church
on when he was on many of his engagements when she couldn't go with him.
She was a DYNMO IN GOD!!!!!!

what kinds of things did his late wife go through with him?