Quantcast

Unsung - The Story of Hi-Five 8/6/14

Old head

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,579 10,384 1,250
Alleybux
I wonder if he started drugs after Pooch became paralyzed. I wonder if the group breaking up caused him to feel guilty because they only wanted him. Maybe it was peer pressure and being an introvert.

Morenaislife

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Russell tried to play crazy and was able to do it for a while but he was sentenced to 40 years in 2020. He’s now in a regular prison.

Old head

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,579 10,384 1,250
Alleybux
Was one of Tony's sisters Russell Neal's brothers victim? Someone said that he only had one sibling.

nikkianna98

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,209 4,291 57
Alleybux
I read this before!!!! wtheck… still horrid!!!! I forgot why he killed her. I think the other article mentioned they were arguing and she threatened to leave. I can’t remember.

Call him Jesus Christ? SMH…. Playing crazy indeed.

Did a member die from inhaling coolant or something?! Just tragic!
tony thompson is the one who was inhaling coolant

Teddy Carter

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
1,597 81 17
Alleybux
I don't think this was mentioned in this thread already, but did y'all know that the guy William Walton they were talking about that Tony would compete against in the talent shows and helped him get put on to his manager also died early? It doesn't say how but I was reading an interview with Marcus and he says that Will didn't live long. I found an obit that says he died at 25 but doesn't give a reason.

Does anyone know what happened to him? Why so much tragedy with these guys?? Also, anyone from Waco? Is it a high crime/drug area?
I was looking for this as well. No info on him unfortunately. He was 27 when he passed which is so young.

StarlessSky

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,855 1,041 531
Alleybux
Russell tried to play crazy and was able to do it for a while but he was sentenced to 40 years in 2020. He’s now in a regular prison.

Can you provide a link to the information about his conviction and imprisonment? When I looked it up everything I found on him says he’s still in the mental institution.

I know the brother gave up his insanity defense and was sentenced to 80 years in prison for killing his wife.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
I finally watched their unsung episode. When they got to Tony's death I just started crying

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
Y'all I'm listening to Hi Five's interview with Wendy Williams from years back. Tony had Treston pressed

Old head

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,579 10,384 1,250
Alleybux
Y'all I'm listening to Hi Five's interview with Wendy Williams from years back. Tony had Treston pressed
Tony was obviously the voice of the group and the background singers were mostly lip syncing, the founder/manger said that they needed a group to get signed so Tony got some friends from school to join.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
Tony was obviously the voice of the group and the background singers were mostly lip syncing, the founder/manger said that they needed a group to get signed so Tony got some friends from school to join.
Yeah the group they have together now is pretty much dead without Tony. And then the thing about it is they sued the man for the same thing they ended up doing. Listening to the interview it seems like Treston was trying too hard to prove that he was an "original" member when he really wasn't and I think that's why he was really mad.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
Screenshot_20240104-230601-105.png

Screenshot_20240104-234633-000.png

Screenshot_20240105-034032-744.png
So I was scrolling through this fan page about Tony and I just so happen to come across these post. These are from years back. I know Tony was somewhat responsible for his own downfall but I don't think going to Bad Boy was so good for him and based on the post above it doesn't seem like Diddy really had good intentions like that

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
I know this thread is old and it's not really being rebumped by nobody else but me ATP but do y'all think Unsung will do a episode on Tony alone or do a movie on him or on the group? I had seen a few comments of ppl talking about doing a movie and I actually did a thread about it a few weeks ago. I actually kinda hope they do only bc I really would like to know a lot more about this group but mostly about Tony.

Waterfalls77

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,324 606 66
Alleybux
I know this thread is old and it's not really being rebumped by nobody else but me ATP but do y'all think Unsung will do a episode on Tony alone or do a movie on him or on the group? I had seen a few comments of ppl talking about doing a movie and I actually did a thread about it a few weeks ago. I actually kinda hope they do only bc I really would like to know a lot more about this group but mostly about Tony.
I don't think they were big enough to have a movie written about them.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
I don't think they were big enough to have a movie written about them.
I mean that's true but imo I feel like there's a lot of ppl/groups that weren't that big and there's ppl out there who still wanted to hear their story or wanted to see a movie about them. Like Troop for example they've done a few documentaries about their lives and their careers since their unsung and if I'm not mistaken I think they're in the process of doing something else. They even did a whole movie on Bobby Debarge (which was terrible btw) and he and switch were nowhere near as big

boat1580

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,008 1,921 1,004
Alleybux
I doubt something like that will happen. He could get his own special/documentary at best. The public interest just isn't there. But it is so true that there is just so much more to his story

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
I also wanted to add one more thing. I learned that Tony also did background vocals for Guy on "Let's Chill." and I was scrolling through comments on this video on YouTube where this youtuber named "Celebrity Underrated" did a video about Tony and somebody who says he knew him personally was in the comments saying that Tony had also done background vocals for other ppl like Al B Sure, Joe, K-ci & Jojo, and some rappers and singers on the Bad Boy label. I wish I knew which songs and which albums he did those vocals on. I know he also did a song with some woman (I forgot her name) called "We Belong Together" for the Down In Delta soundtrack but other than that it seems like ppl were talking as if he just completely fell off the map after his solo album flopped and it seems like ppl were doing him dirty by not including him in the credits of the songs he did background vocals on.

Last edited:

Antnad

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,371 806 204
Alleybux
I also wanted to add one more thing. I learned that Tony also did background vocals for Guy on "Let's Chill." and I was scrolling through comments on this video on YouTube where this youtuber named "Celebrity Underrated" did a video about Tony and somebody who says he knew him personally was in the comments saying that Tony had also done background vocals for other ppl like Al B Sure, Joe, K-ci & Jojo, and some rappers and singers on the Bad Boy label. I wish I knew which songs and which albums he did those vocals on. I know he also did a song with some woman (I forgot her name) called "We Belong Together" for the Down In Delta soundtrack but other than that it seems like ppl were talking as if he just completely fell off the map after his solo album flopped and it seems like ppl were doing him dirty by not including him in the credits of the songs he did background vocals on.
I see some parallels between him and Tracie Spencer. After her last album flopped, she did background vocals for Kanye, Eve and G-Unit, but she did get credit for doing so.
I wish there had been a support system for these former child singers. I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to peak as a teenager, especially when you can still sing very well. I wish Tony's parents or other relatives had traveled with him like Tracie's father and brother did with her. Then, maybe he never would've gotten hooked on drugs. He seemed like such a sensitive sweet soul, and it is still so sad that he died and how. I hope wherever he is, he can feel how much his fans and loved ones still care about him.

Last edited:

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
So I was talking to this person on IG and the person had actually spoken with Terrance (one of the replacements of the group who came around the time the Faithful album was being released and did the return album with Tony) and the person said that Terrance told them that when he first joined Hi Five the group was a mess and that Treston is a crook and that's why he refused to rejoin the group after it was put back together by Mac and Treston. It was also said that Treston was also jealous of Tony and that Tony ended up not liking Treston bc apparently they fought and Treston beat him up and Tony ended up hating him for it but Treston wouldn't know that Tony hated him the way he did until they did the return album.

boat1580

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,008 1,921 1,004
Alleybux
So I was talking to this person on IG and the person had actually spoken with Terrance (one of the replacements of the group who came around the time the Faithful album was being released and did the return album with Tony) and the person said that Terrance told them that when he first joined Hi Five the group was a mess and that Treston is a crook and that's why he refused to rejoin the group after it was put back together by Mac and Treston. It was also said that Treston was also jealous of Tony and that Tony ended up not liking Treston bc apparently they fought and Treston beat him up and Tony ended up hating him for it but Treston wouldn't know that Tony hated him the way he did until they did the return album.
Oh my, yeah I can believe Treston beat up Tony

Antnad

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,371 806 204
Alleybux
Yeah but idk why but I kinda feel like their problem might've been a little deeper than just a fight or maybe a couple fights bc most ppl don't hold grudges about losing a fight. Well some ppl do but who knows
Personally, I would hold a grudge, if that's the right word, if someone beat me up and was jealous of me -- even years ago. I wouldn't want that energy around me, so if Treston did behave like this, I could see why Tony snubbed him.
There was one interview I read where Treston apparently said he considered the other guys in the group to be hicks because they were from Texas/Oklahoma, and he was from the Bronx. He may have had a superior attitude.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,801 2,200 949
Alleybux
Personally, I would hold a grudge, if that's the right word, if someone beat me up and was jealous of me -- even years ago. I wouldn't want that energy around me, so if Treston did behave like this, I could see why Tony snubbed him.
There was one interview I read where Treston apparently said he considered the other guys in the group to be hicks because they were from Texas/Oklahoma, and he was from the Bronx. He may have had a superior attitude.
Yeah based on some of the things I've read about them Treston seems like a control freak and like he just wanna run and take over everything and I believe that's probably one of the main reasons they clashed. I also saw a snippet of this interview he did a couple weeks ago where he addressed the alleged beef he had with Tony and he basically blamed fans and said shame on the fans for insinuating that they had beef. Lol my thing is ppl not gonna keep saying the same thing for nothing.