Quantcast

Unsung - The Story of Troop 8/27/14

Nykereyah

BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
9,464 107 45
Alleybux
Do anybody know what happened to Reggie and why he hasn't been apart of the group in a minute?

WeirdlyU

Keeping YOU Bitter, Bothered, and Pressed
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,998 2 4
Alleybux
I'm aware that this thread is old but I hope that Troop gets a Biopic. I really would LOVE to know alot more about Troop and everything including more of the dramas and stuff behind the scenes lol. I want ALL THE TEA! :coffee::coffee::love: I love troop btw.

lilangel420

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,998 908 138
Alleybux
This episode has been reupload and I'm sitting here reading the tea in the comments. I think the public has gained some interest in Troop after the death of Reggie.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,798 2,200 949
Alleybux
So I've been doing some research on ig and apparently troop is supposed to come out with a documentary called "tales of a boy band" and it's supposed to be like five episodes and I guess it's still supposed to come out next month. I'm guessing they're probably gonna talk about everything they didn't talk about during their unsung episode. I'm actually looking forward to it

lilangel420

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,998 908 138
Alleybux
So I've been doing some research on ig and apparently troop is supposed to come out with a documentary called "tales of a boy band" and it's supposed to be like five episodes and I guess it's still supposed to come out next month. I'm guessing they're probably gonna talk about everything they didn't talk about during their unsung episode. I'm actually looking forward to it

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Do you know if Steve's movie company produced the doc? I know he was working on a bio film way before New Edition came out with theirs.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,798 2,200 949
Alleybux
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Do you know if Steve's movie company produced the doc? I know he was working on a bio film way before New Edition came out with theirs.
I'm not really sure about his movie company producing anything. All I know is that they're supposed to come out with one soon enough and he's actually been posting snippets about it on his ig page

lilangel420

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,998 908 138
Alleybux
@MaroonFlower I finally found out what you were talking about. It looks like Steve's movie company (Blaqbox Flims) is who produced the series. Interesting that it hasn't been any release date, so maybe it's still in production.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,798 2,200 949
Alleybux
@MaroonFlower I finally found out what you were talking about. It looks like Steve's movie company (Blaqbox Flims) is who produced the series. Interesting that it hasn't been any release date, so maybe it's still in production.

All of them have been promoting it and said something about it coming out sometime next month. All I know I'm just ready to see it. Probably better than their unsung episode (which I loved their unsung episode don't get me wrong but I'm guessing this series might be a little more raw than their unsung episode who knows.)

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,798 2,200 949
Alleybux
So is the documentary still happening or what because it seems like after the trailer came out they pretty much stopped promoting it unless they're still working on it?

lilangel420

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,998 908 138
Alleybux
So is the documentary still happening or what because it seems like after the trailer came out they pretty much stopped promoting it unless they're still working on it?
I was going to come in here and say something about the doc being a no-show after that one trailer (that was just posted again), but I didn't want to be rude.

It seems like the guys aren't even posting about it on IG anymore. Steven moved on to promoting his new song and another movie.

I wonder if the trailer didn't do as well as they hoped, or they still trying to find a way to build up hype for it? Troop has a throwback concert date in June. Maybe the doc has been delayed for that?

It would have been nice to release the doc near Reggie's anniversary, but oh well.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,798 2,200 949
Alleybux
I was going to come in here and say something about the doc being a no-show after that one trailer (that was just posted again), but I didn't want to be rude.

It seems like the guys aren't even posting about it on IG anymore. Steven moved on to promoting his new song and another movie.

I wonder if the trailer didn't do as well as they hoped, or they still trying to find a way to build up hype for it? Troop has a throwback concert date in June. Maybe the doc has been delayed for that?

It would have been nice to release the doc near Reggie's anniversary, but oh well.
I honestly hate when artist/groups do this bc I just don't think it's right to get people's hopes high for something that they know will possibly never see the light of day

lilangel420

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,998 908 138
Alleybux
I honestly hate when artist/groups do this bc I just don't think it's right to get people's hopes high for something that they know will possibly never see the light of day
It's not intentional, at least I don't think so. I'm very sorry to say this, but Troop has done a very poor job with managing the group's brand and legacy over the past few decades. This is why no one is really checking out for them like that these days.

First the doc went completely quiet, now their official YouTube channel has been renamed to "Beto Brito". Who in the hell is Beto and what do they have to do with Troop? I hope they are some type of management company or something because that doesn't make any sense.

TroopYTNameChange.PNG

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,798 2,200 949
Alleybux
So I just got finished watch the troop documentary (tales of a boy band) on Tubi and it was really good. Allen was something else for real Rodney should've whooped his ass

Last edited:

lilangel420

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,998 908 138
Alleybux
Out of all the episodes of the doc, this had me laughing: "I don't wanna sing on some Babyface sh*t".

Not a big fan of the Good Guy Steve vs. Bad Guy Allen direction the doc has. I wish some of the parts weren't so focus on Steve and Allen. There are somethings that are still missing in the Troop story.
The doc completely ignored the Mayday album and the mini reunions in the 2010s.

We always talk about Unsung leaving things out, but to be honest, outside of Reggie's death, Troop's Unsung is a little more informative and spread out than the doc.

I did enjoy hearing the perspectives from people from outside of Troop. Rodney's Mother and Brother had some interesting things to hear.

Allen was something else for real Rodney should've whooped his ass
And Steve should have whooped Rodney for making fun of his looks.

MaroonSour

Closed Into The Shell
Reaction score
Reactions
21,798 2,200 949
Alleybux
Out of all the episodes of the doc, this had me laughing: "I don't wanna sing on some Babyface sh*t".

Not a big fan of the Good Guy Steve vs. Bad Guy Allen direction the doc has. I wish some of the parts weren't so focus on Steve and Allen. There are somethings that are still missing in the Troop story.
The doc completely ignored the Mayday album and the mini reunions in the 2010s.

We always talk about Unsung leaving things out, but to be honest, outside of Reggie's death, Troop's Unsung is a little more informative and spread out than the doc.

I did enjoy hearing the perspectives from people from outside of Troop. Rodney's Mother and Brother had some interesting things to hear.

And Steve should have whooped Rodney for making fun of his looks.
As much as I liked the documentary I do kinda agree with you when you mentioned that they seem to have left stuff out. And I guess it's safe to say Allen sleeping with Rodney's girl was kinda his karma for being a asshole to Steve although Allen was still wrong

Last edited:

Ocean Mama

Your Favorite Plot Twist
Reaction score
Reactions
84,690 3,602 2,670
Alleybux

Mr. Russell is a powerful artist and filmmaker. I just need him to holler at somebody because the typos and misspellings in the graphic are driving me crazy!

Just need a second set of eyes from a grammar nerd like me. These films are too good to be marred by simple, easily detected typos.