Quantcast

UPDATE: 16-Year-Old Jholie Moussa Found Dead Weeks After Strange Text Message

Ambi D

Fishnets, Black panty hose.
Reaction score
Reactions
337,537 7,602 1,812
Alleybux
I bet you this boy went to Mount Vernon HS too where Jholie and her sister probably went. It's one of those places we're every knows the rumors but no one is going to speak up. That is a close knit community and you better believe those high school kids would cover up for their own, especially if he was popular and well liked because that's how it is there. Now it makes sense why so many people would not cooperate with the police. Covering up for the ex-bf.
Domestic violence issues between teens get swept under the rug down there but everyone knows what goes down in that community.
The police arrested this boy because he assaulted Jholie before. Her step dad said she had some issues with her ex-boyfriend.

Last edited:

zxcvb

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,311 88 33
Alleybux
Smh I keep thinking about this case and girl.... wondering about the autopsy. Ridiculous they won't release this monster's name... her peers and community failed her, the police failed her...

Jasmine Benz

"Pick-Me" Hunter
Reaction score
Reactions
176,854 3,189 1,591
Alleybux
so what does that mean when they treat a case as a runaway? Does that mean the police has no intention of doing anything about it? This seems very vague to me.

But that is highly suspect for a young man to ask to use someone's phone. This was clearly calculated and planned.

I hope justice is found for Jholie.

Reaction score
Reactions
75,668 1,640 2,662
Alleybux
so what does that mean when they treat a case as a runaway? Does that mean the police has no intention of doing anything about it? This seems very vague to me.

But that is highly suspect for a young man to ask to use someone's phone. This was clearly calculated and planned.

I hope justice is found for Jholie.

one thing i know that they don't do for runaways is organize search parties and bring out the dogs to try and locate her. this would have happened if they'd classified her as abducted.

EDIT: i did some googling---

http://www.missingkids.com/content/dam/ncmec/en_us/archive/documents/ncmecmodelpolicychild.pdf

Police explain how they handle missing person cases versus runaway cases

The Difference Between Runaways and Missing Youth | National Runaway Safeline

What's the difference between an AMBER Alert & a missing child?

The Truth About Runaway Teens

Last edited:

Jasmine Benz

"Pick-Me" Hunter
Reaction score
Reactions
176,854 3,189 1,591
Alleybux
Thanks.

I think a definition of runaway needs to have a better definition.

The link from the National Runaway Safeline would probably define Jholie's case as missing:

"Runaways are usually seen as youth who leave home by choice, are not in danger, may return home, and do not want to be found. ‘Missing’, on the other hand, implies an unexplained disappearance (voluntarily or involuntarily)."
Jholie left the house without explanation and the fact that she just left with her keys and phone implies she had intention of coming back. That is NOT a runaway.

The police definitely handled this carelessly IMO.

Reaction score
Reactions
75,668 1,640 2,662
Alleybux
Thanks.

I think a definition of runaway needs to have a better definition.

The link from the National Runaway Safeline would probably define Jholie's case as missing:

"Runaways are usually seen as youth who leave home by choice, are not in danger, may return home, and do not want to be found. ‘Missing’, on the other hand, implies an unexplained disappearance (voluntarily or involuntarily)."
Jholie left the house without explanation and the fact that she just left with her keys and phone implies she had intention of coming back. That is NOT a runaway.

The police definitely handled this carelessly IMO.

and the parents also let her slip through the cracks.

i'm confused by the whole "she said she was going to richmond to a party" part of the story. she was a 16 year old girl- isn't richmond far away from where she lived? wouldn't disappearing to an unknown location to attend a party be a red flag to her parents? she had already been in an abusive relationship at age 16- why was everyone acting like this girl was in her 20s and just letting her do whatever? were the parents doing anything to make she she was getting help?

i'm also bothered by the fact that social media and cellphones were so prominent in her disappearance- i feel like law enforcement AND parents need to catch up on how to track that activity better. any teenager who was snapchatting and getting random cellphone calls minutes before she bolted out the door and then NEVER CAME BACK is obviously in some sort of bad situation.

Last edited:

MistressNae

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
366,763 7,937 4,307
Alleybux
Wow good thing something told me to look carefully at the like notification. I can't believe this really thought they would find her alive in a few years or something.

Ok so I'm confused, if it was the ex on snapchat wouldn't the sister have recognized his voice from the snaps? Did the boy match the ex with the man that took the phone?

Fairfax treated this as a runaway because she was black. I said it before she should have been treated as kidnapped with an amber alert. She was doing her sisters hair and stopped saying she will he right back. She didn't even bring a charger or nothing else. She was not planning on being out long at all. The man using the boy's phone. The police and the family let this girl down. Her friends more than likely know who this man is. I doubt they met off of snap and if they did they would have had to have done some face time or video swaps and I'm sure someone saw.

The sister will feel it the most because she will feel like she let her down. Why wasn't the police contacted a few hours after she disappeared? Why would you still leave if she never showed or answered your call? So many things went wrong.

I hope they aren't wasting time looking into the ex if isn't him.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
Ima delete this but I still feel something ain’t right about the Dad trying to video call some random person

Last edited:

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
Why did they cremate her body too? Like that’s suspect and I also have some conversations people were having about the vibe of the service but they really write bad but it’s still kinda able to be understood.

chantelle

Ur Obsession
Reaction score
Reactions
68,353 1,396 630
Alleybux
Why did they cremate her body too? Like that’s suspect and I also have some conversations people were having about the vibe of the service but they really write bad but it’s still kinda able to be understood.

What are they saying?

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
What are they saying?
they are saying the funeral had a weird vibe, dad was acting funny and so was the sister. Said there was only an urn there and it seemed like show, sister seemed sketchy and the friends who spoke didn't even know they should carry the urn, and laughter about if they should leave the urn. The father was there but he wasn't right, said they didn't notice any other scratches but the scene looked staged. But someone else said he had a scratch on his forehead.

Then it says they killed her and took her body back bc they searched the whole parl, up and down until the sun left then a day later her body was found.

they said the mom is on deaf ears and don't wanna hear from outsiders but people on the outside know. Jholie was outgoing and loved and they knew it and she was dressed in a red dress with boots.(not sure if that is what she left the house in or what) I'm just post the scren shots

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
13b1ad201a5c6aa5132d76d542852664.jpg

fc3b3763dd9895c55001e7f1f64cd378.jpg
ad9c0243409208933c0bebb615f96b7b.jpg
00cd1b0aeee55dccd7f03c15f87da38c.jpg
eefc200a19d1da8b3f0921b43110ae99.jpg
e97cb2c79511cf1052887558df5913f6.jpg
take it with a grain of salt because these people are crazy But a lot online think the Dad is involved. The real
Dad.

PROV0CATEUR

Flyin Air Bronco Like Diddy
Reaction score
Reactions
348,382 17,357 6,659
Alleybux
This whole situation is ridiculous.

Her parents dropped the ball. You don’t give a 16 year old that type of freedom to walk in and out the house as they please. To the point where they are telling YOU where they are going, rather than asking if it is okay.

The way the family was talking about the ex boyfriend made it seem like he was a grown man. Quit letting these CHILDREN have these grown ass relationships.

Her friends wouldn’t even cooperate with the police to help find their friend. Imagine that. Teenagers are selfish and will hide information if it means THEY will get in trouble but typically when it comes to the well-being of their friend they will spill. HOWEVER, the only type of teens who refuse to share are usually cold and have grown up with dysfunction. So what type of friends was she really dealing with?

Is the twin sister just as advanced when it comes to relationships and having freedom outside of the home? Do they share the same group of friends?

Last edited:

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
This whole situation is ridiculous.

Her parents dropped the ball. You don’t give a 16 year old that type of freedom to walk in and out the house as they please. To the point where they are telling YOU where they are going, rather than asking if it is okay.

The way the family was talking about the ex boyfriend made it seem like he was a grown man. Quit letting these CHILDREN have these grown ass relationships.

Her friends wouldn’t even cooperate with the police to help find their friend. Imagine that. Teenagers are selfish and will hide information if it means THEY will get in trouble but typically when it comes to the well-being of their friend they will spill. HOWEVER, the only type of teens who refuse to share are usually cold and have grown up with dysfunction. So what type of friends was she really dealing with?

Is the twin sister just as advanced when it comes to relationships and having freedom outside of the home? Do they share the same group of friends?
I read one time somewhere, maybe here, maybe FB that she was also in abusive relationships.

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,482 2,981 249
Alleybux
Reminds me of the story about the girl that was meeting guys off he chatline and one of the guys ended up murdering her ...her name was Erica heather smith (smh) said thing is her parents didn’t know she was meeting guys who were grown

MoonPie

Stuck in the Middle of Nowhere
Reaction score
Reactions
205,700 15,871 190
Alleybux
Judge orders person of interest in Va. teen's murder to be released from jail

FAIRFAX CO, VA (WUSA9) - The teenager who Fairfax County police identified as a person of interest in the Jholie Moussa murder case, could be out of jail by Thursday.

The 17-year-old is Jholie Moussa’s ex-boyfriend. He has not been charged in her murder.

WUSA9 is not identifying him because he’s a juvenile and also because he has not been charged in her death.

RELATED: 17-year-old 'person of interest' charged with assault in Jholie Moussa's case

Moussa, 16, left her home on January 12 and disappeared. Fairfax County police said there was no evidence she was in danger. Two weeks later, her body was found in Woodlawn Park covered with leaves and debris in some woods.

On January 18, the ex-boyfriend was arrested on a prior assault charge involving Moussa and last week, police named him as a person-of-interest.

Wednesday's hearing had nothing do with Moussa’s death. The 17-year-old ex-boyfriend was charged last year with choking Moussa and he was supposed to be tried on that charge on Wednesday.

RELATED: A timeline of the Jholie Moussa case

The prosecution was not able to put on a case and asked for a continuance.

The teen’s defense attorney argued that without a victim, and no evidence in the case, he should be released from jail.

The judge approved his release with electronic monitoring. She ordered he turn in his passport, not leave the state and have no contact with the Moussa family.

Judge orders person of interest in Jholie Moussa's Murder to be released from jail

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
Supposedly people from the same town are speaking out and still blaming the dad. They got a few stories. I hope it doesn't turn into a circus. One one hand I can believe it was someone close to her, on the other it could have been a meetup gone bad. Just if it was the later, wondering how he would lure her out of the park, unless he indeed did look like his self.

Also curious if SC makes it easy for predators to lure people to their deaths because they don't store the snaps anywhere really.

Last edited:

Ambi D

Reaction score
Reactions
337,537 7,602 1,812
Alleybux
What's crazy is that she was only 16 and had already experienced domestic violence... and then to be murdered.
Such a shame.
No young person's life should be ended like this.

Last edited:

Herfeffine

The REAL Herfeffine Heferfefer
Reaction score
Reactions
195,836 4,372 909
Alleybux
Also curious if SC makes it easy for predators to lure people to their deaths because they don't store the snaps anywhere really.

Yes this app and musical.ly are extremely bad for minors. They have no vetting system at all and anybody of any age can talk to anybody. I wouldnt be surprised if she met her death from this app.

Then again she was seen waiting for a ride (possibly), but no word on who picked her up or where she went after. Also if what was said earlier is true about the park being searched twice, it's kind of odd a random killer would put her back. Almost as if they wanted her to be found. The party never added up because it sounds like she wasn't dressed for it and it didn't sound like she was primping at all. Also how did they know this person on SC was a man? Did the sister see or hear something or are we basing that off the call? The phone call scenario is weird to me too and too random. Did the man leave the park after the call or what? It's daylight and everybody saw her waiting and a man calling, but nobody saw them meet up? So many questions that don't add up.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
Yes this app and musical.ly are extremely bad for minors. They have no vetting system at all and anybody of any age can talk to anybody. I wouldnt be surprised if she met her death from this app.

Then again she was seen waiting for a ride (possibly), but no word on who picked her up or where she went after. Also if what was said earlier is true about the park being searched twice, it's kind of odd a random killer would put her back. Almost as if they wanted her to be found. The party never added up because it sounds like she wasn't dressed for it and it didn't sound like she was primping at all. Also how did they know this person on SC was a man? Did the sister see or hear something or are we basing that off the call? The phone call scenario is weird to me too and too random. Did the man leave the park after the call or what? It's daylight and everybody saw her waiting and a man calling, but nobody saw them meet up? So many questions that don't add up.
Exactly even the dad said they don't know if she sent the message about the party in Norfolk. It likely was sent because the killer(s) made her or the killer(s) did it themselves.

Ambi D

Reaction score
Reactions
337,537 7,602 1,812
Alleybux
Exactly even the dad said they don't know if she sent the message about the party in Norfolk. It likely was sent because the killer(s) made her or the killer(s) did it themselves.
That’s what I always wondered about the norfolk party. It was likely not sent by her but instead her killer as an excuse as to why she didn’t return back home.

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
That’s what I always wondered about the norfolk party. It was likely not sent by her but instead her killer as an excuse as to why she didn’t return back home.
Yup and buy them time. she could have already been dead so that buys time to figure out the next move while they wait for her to come home from the party.

chantelle

Ur Obsession
Reaction score
Reactions
68,353 1,396 630
Alleybux
Supposedly people from the same town are speaking out and still blaming the dad. They got a few stories. I hope it doesn't turn into a circus. One one hand I can believe it was someone close to her, on the other it could have been a meetup gone bad. Just if it was the later, wondering how he would lure her out of the park, unless he indeed did look like his self.

Where are you getting this information?

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
Where are you getting this information?
FB, it's where I follow this case and people discuss openly their theories and thoughts. some of course are in the same area and may even know the family. BUT what I have learned with the KJ case is people are crazy and do make stuff up. I don't personally think the dad is involved, but some people swear he is, and I kinda can see why they may feel that way. I think it was a meetup gone wrong or someone close to her.

Fearless Leader

PreCRETHA Cagiano
Reaction score
Reactions
46,249 1,998 632
Alleybux
FB, it's where I follow this case and people discuss openly their theories and thoughts. some of course are in the same area and may even know the family. BUT what I have learned with the KJ case is people are crazy and do make stuff up. I don't personally think the dad is involved, but some people swear he is, and I kinda can see why they may feel that way. I think it was a meetup gone wrong or someone close to her.

any chance you read the case on websleuths? It’s the most thorough SITE with evidence to support statements

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux

just watched them all. the friend's interview was the hardest to watch with her saying, and stuff, and stuff like that every 5 seconds. speech and English needs to be drilled into these kids. anyways I watched the aunts interview, and she said a friend said if you wanna see jholie alive.... ok what if that friend meant, you know what your sister is into, so fess up and get it all out there. Anyways so as far as the friend that was interviewed, he family went back and questioned her friend because she mentioned the sim card being taken out and that whole situation is suspect. She was also one that wasn't cooperating. Now I'm wondering if this is her "friends" involved. The aunt thinks it's more than one person involved and I do too. I think the person who used the phone may have had accomplices or may not be the killer but used to lure her, or he could be involved. Ok the friend in the interview said they fell out for two months because Jholie was talking about her to her male coworker. You know how some teenage girls get over boys, heck even grown woman. It's been done before and can be done again, with these kid killers. Jealousy, boys, drugs, partying. I mean who knows. One thing I wish would be clarified more is people saying the kids that wouldn't cooperate, acting like they didn't know Jholie. Like what does that mean? Did they act like they didn't know her at all? Act like they didn't spend that much time with her? I mean what? Leslie says Norfolk isn't that far away? I beg your pardon. 3 hours drive is too far for a 16 year to be going to party. 18 going away to college. Ok 16, and Hagerstown MD?!? That's too much going on, too much freedom that was had. I digress just wanted to put that out there.

Last edited:

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,799 6,199 1,771
Alleybux
Thank you for sharing that. It's interesting what the friends know in this case and weird about the SIM card. I saw she posted this one too with the family. Maybe we can finally get closer to justice.

Yes i edited my post to include this one haha after someone mentioned the aunt did not agree with that friend. I also put my perspective after watching all three. Starting to look to me like the friends may be involved or know more, and the dad is innocent.

LustNLuxury

Afro-American Princess <3
Reaction score
Reactions
497,738 11,253 1,829
Alleybux
As soon as I read this case, I thought of a pimp and hoe situation. Johlie ran out in a rush in the middle of doing her sisters hair and she didn't take anything with her. If the older man was her pimp, it would make sense as to why she had to drop what she was doing right then and there. Also explains why the man used someone else's phone as to not be traced back to him.

I don't think this was some random meet up. If it was, she would've taken her things and made sure she looked bomb before meeting with him. I don't know how she looked when she left, but we know she didn't take anything with her because she intended to come right back.

If not a pimp, then another abusive boyfriend that had a hold on her. The ex was released from jail because there was no connection between him and her murder.

MoonPie

Reaction score
Reactions
205,700 15,871 190
Alleybux
Group mourns one month anniversary of when Jholie Moussa was found dead

Woodlawn Park is barely a mile away from Jholie Moussa's family home.

On Sunday a group of people got together just feet away from where police found her body to honor her memory.

Moussa's case has brought people who had never even met Moussa together -- standing with the family.

RELATED: A timeline of the Jholie Moussa case

Sunday the handful of people held red and white balloons. They eventually let them go after a prayer as a tribute to Moussa.

Police found the 16-year-old in Woodlawn Park after she had been missing for 14 days. She was originally labeled as a runaway by police because she left her home on January 12 on her own. That day she told her twin sister she would be right back, but never returned.

It has been one month since her body was found in this park covered in leaves.

RELATED: 17-year-old 'person of interest' charged with assault in Jholie Moussa's case

Police are still investigating.

Moussa's family said they are working to get support from lawmakers. They hope to change how law enforcement handles missing children.

Group mourns one month anniversary of when Jholie Moussa was found dead

Ambi D

Reaction score
Reactions
337,537 7,602 1,812
Alleybux
So no new leads? Have they even determined if the person who borrowed the little boy’s phone on the park and spoke to her on the phone was her ex or a grown man? Did the police interview that kid to get a police sketch done?

Last edited:

FriendzoneGod

Coli Spy
Reaction score
Reactions
16,544 690 1,088
Alleybux
I bet you this boy went to Mount Vernon HS too where Jholie and her sister probably went. It's one of those places we're every knows the rumors but no one is going to speak up. That is a close knit community and you better believe those high school kids would cover up for their own, especially if he was popular and well liked because that's how it is there. Now it makes sense why so many people would not cooperate with the police. Covering up for the ex-bf.
Domestic violence issues between teens get swept under the rug down there but everyone knows what goes down in that community.
The police arrested this boy because he assaulted Jholie before. Her step dad said she had some issues with her ex-boyfriend.

i went to MV (a while ago) and there were a couple of bad situations that got swept under the rug, mostly gang-affiliated nonsense, did u go to MV too?

Ambi D

Reaction score
Reactions
337,537 7,602 1,812
Alleybux
i went to MV (a while ago) and there were a couple of bad situations that got swept under the rug, mostly gang-affiliated nonsense, did u go to MV too?
I went to MV many years ago. Fairfax is good for sweeping stuff under the rug to keep up the image of a good suburban school district.

MoonPie

Reaction score
Reactions
205,700 15,871 190
Alleybux
Jholie Moussa's family pushes for Amber Alert changes

ALEXANDRIA, VA -- It's been six months since 16-year-old Jholie Moussa was abducted, killed and left in a Fairfax County Park.

There has been a person of interest named, her ex-boyfriend, but nobody has been charged in her murder.

Police haven't realized her cause of death, since the investigation is still in progress. The Virginia Medical Examiner's office won't release the information because Fairfax County Police requested a hold on it.

But, Jholie's family is taking action on another front. They're trying to change the laws that prevented an Amber Alert from going out when she was reported missing.

RELATED: Jholie Moussa's ex-boyfriend to go on trial on strangulation charge

Her death has been so devastating for her family that her parents and sister all moved out of Virginia. But, her aunt, uncle and grandmother are pushing for changes in Jholie's name. Changes that they hope will save other missing children.

Jholie Moussa did not runaway.

But, that is what police thought at first. She walked out the front door on her own and told her sister was going to a party in Norfolk.

There was no hard evidence she was in danger. But, when her phone when dead, and she stopped communicating with her twin sister, her family knew she was in trouble, according to Jholie's aunt, Veronica Eyenga.

"We were begging for an Amber Alert to be immediately issued so that all across the nation or if not the region, billboards, radio stations, televisions stations. People needed to be aware of her disappearance," said Eyenga.

The Amber Alert law requires that law enforcement confirm an abduction took place before an alert is issued.

"Because of that we couldn't get any real support. Because the legislation in place did not permit authorities to pursue it on that path," she said.

But Eyenga said some states have made modifications to the law so that all missing children could be included. And that what they're pushing for.

RELATED: A Timeline of the Jholie Moussa Case

"I don't care why a child goes missing, if that child is under 18, incapable of consenting or signing a legal contract, that child deserves to be searched for. So we're hoping that we're able to put something in place that says every child, missing, abducted or simply ran away, that all need to be found safely. "

They've been meeting with lawmakers, both at the state and federal level. They're organization called "Not A Runaway" is holding Jholie Moussa Remember, first Annual Missing Children's Awareness Day on Saturday August 4th at the Springfield Town center. It's an all day even that includes an Amber Alert forum, prevention measures and and free counselors.

The event on August 4th also includes specialists from police departments of Alexandria, Fairfax and Prince William counties, along with the Fairfax County Sheriff's office.

Jholie Moussa's family pushes for Amber Alert changes

PROV0CATEUR

Flyin Air Bronco Like Diddy
Reaction score
Reactions
348,382 17,357 6,659
Alleybux
I see their point, however there are different alerts that signify the type of event that occurred.