Quantcast

UPDATE UPDATELocs and ScalpBuildUp--HELP!!!!

LoveyDove

Black market Daily Defense Tender Apple reseller
Reaction score
Reactions
88,743 2,274 98
Alleybux
My goodness the smell of foot the vinegar shook the whole bathroom...

Boy did my little babies clown me.
"I can smell mommy whereever she goes"
"mommy kids in school will run from you"
"mommy don't do this again"

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Kids will tell you about yourself!

Keep trying with the shampoo. If your buildup is bad, sometimes it needs a number of washings to get truly clean.

ViceHaze

One Tired Humanoid
Reaction score
Reactions
16,188 521 84
Alleybux
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Kids will tell you about yourself!

Keep trying with the shampoo. If your buildup is bad, sometimes it needs a number of washings to get truly clean.

Absolutely right. I wound up soaking my hair a mix of shampoo and water for about 20 minutes and scrubbing it as it soaked. Then I applied more shampoo and scrubbed like I going for congos.

Finally, FINALLY, my scalp and locs are free.

LoveyDove

Black market Daily Defense Tender Apple reseller
Reaction score
Reactions
88,743 2,274 98
Alleybux
Absolutely right. I wound up soaking my hair a mix of shampoo and water for about 20 minutes and scrubbing it as it soaked. Then I applied more shampoo and scrubbed like I going for congos.

Finally, FINALLY, my scalp and locs are free.

I'm glad it was successful for you!

ViceHaze

One Tired Humanoid
Reaction score
Reactions
16,188 521 84
Alleybux
hmmm...going to try that. Everybody around me twists. I would actually prefer the interlock.

Just make sure it's something you really want to do. Interlocked locs look, feel, and behave different from palm rolled, twisted locs and can messed up easily. It also takes longer to do.

But I only touch my head every so many months (shooting for four) and I can wash them whenever I want.

All I'm saying is this for people who want some level of neatness without having to constantly fix their hair. It's also for people who's hair takes forever to lock through palmrolling.

Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it if your like having locs that are soft, thick and don't mind frizz. You could just semifreeform and save yourself time.

TrillyRabbit

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,966 10 2
Alleybux
I’ve had locs for about 9 years now. Understand you have to figure out what works for your Hair. Different textures require different treatments. It has been an incredible experience. I will say everything I’ve experienced my hair feels the same. I went through a rough time and my hair responded the same way. I’ve lost some locks because of stress and over styling.

I started my locs with back combining and neglect. I’ve always used dr bronner shampoo or the off brand shampoo. I’ve always used essential oils and occasionally a grease for my scalp because it used to flake but I haven’t experienced any flaking for the last 7 years of my locs. I haven’t used an acv rinse but I’m open to it. I’m the only person that washes my hair/ oil my hair. Only let 1 person style my locs for special occasions. I’m a firm believer of protecting my energy and I treat my hair the same way.

ps. I just started wrapping my hair at night again but sometimes I just let it breathe and always use a satin pillow case.

ViceHaze

One Tired Humanoid
Reaction score
Reactions
16,188 521 84
Alleybux
I’ve had locs for about 9 years now. Understand you have to figure out what works for your Hair. Different textures require different treatments. It has been an incredible experience. I will say everything I’ve experienced my hair feels the same. I went through a rough time and my hair responded the same way. I’ve lost some locks because of stress and over styling.

I started my locs with back combining and neglect. I’ve always used dr bronner shampoo or the off brand shampoo. I’ve always used essential oils and occasionally a grease for my scalp because it used to flake but I haven’t experienced any flaking for the last 7 years of my locs. I haven’t used an acv rinse but I’m open to it. I’m the only person that washes my hair/ oil my hair. Only let 1 person style my locs for special occasions. I’m a firm believer of protecting my energy and I treat my hair the same way.

ps. I just started wrapping my hair at night again but sometimes I just let it breathe and always use a satin pillow case.
Mmmmh I don't cover my locs at night.... I'm so bad.

TrillyRabbit

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,966 10 2
Alleybux
Mmmmh I don't cover my locs at night.... I'm so bad.

I didn’t for years but as they got longer I had to. I’ve combined a lot of mine so far I have less than 40 locs. I think as your locs mature you do what’s need. As long as we not going the Lil Wayne route we good lol

ViceHaze

One Tired Humanoid
Reaction score
Reactions
16,188 521 84
Alleybux
I didn’t for years but as they got longer I had to. I’ve combined a lot of mine so far I have less than 40 locs. I think as your locs mature you do what’s need. As long as we not going the Lil Wayne route we good lol
Ooooooh snap don't even get me started in his fading glory.

MaryJane89

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,287 333 102
Alleybux
I started my loc journey in Jan and last Saturday was suppose to be my first wash and retwist. Now I have to wait until outside open back up. Most of my hair has already loc’d up. So excited. No more spending crazy money on weave and sh!t :b01

Olori

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Hi, I'm new here but I wanted to add a great acv shampoo I use. I wash & retwist every three weeks with Live Clean acv clarifying shampoo and water light oil spritz spritz every couple of days.
Screenshot_20200420-195224.png

SisterJanice

It's time for offering.
Reaction score
Reactions
15,758 161 64
Alleybux
Hi, I'm new here but I wanted to add a great acv shampoo I use. I wash & retwist every three weeks with Live Clean acv clarifying shampoo and water light oil spritz spritz every couple of days. View attachment 1502685
Thanks for this. Quick question: I've had my locs for a while now and have been retwisting every 3 weeks as well. Why is it that they say that 3-4 weeks is too soon to retwist? Idk how people go months without a retwist.

Olori

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Thanks for this. Quick question: I've had my locs for a while now and have been retwisting every 3 weeks as well. Why is it that they say that 3-4 weeks is too soon to retwist? Idk how people go months without a retwist.

I think it's a matter of preference. My hair stylist says retwisting too often puts too much pressure on the hair and can cause traction alopecia. She hasn't steered me wrong in 3 years, so I follow her instructions.