Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

vaccination shaming

babablkshp

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,493 879 322
Alleybux
I feel for you. You don’t want to feel forced. You’re all trying to do what you think is best. That said your family has decided together on the type of bubble they are comfortable with, and you all deserve to be comfortable. probably best to move out

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
Interesting because every doctor and nurse I know, including my parents, believe in the vaccine and have gotten it. I was hesitant but if my dad, a surgeon, encouraged me to get it, I’ll take his advice. Random Internet strangers who are not medical professionals should not be giving medical advice.

The Tuskegee experiments were about withholding medical care, so not really the same thing.
Agreed and I’m getting mine today. Yes, listen to medical professionals and not people over the internet, especially LSA where half of people don’t know what they’re talking about in the first place

Rare_Rose

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,891 308 262
Alleybux
This is what confuses me. It's been said over and over again that being vaccinated does not prevent you from getting covid. It has also been said by experts that there is no proof that getting the vaccine stops you from transmitting the virus to others, even if you are asymptomatic. That is why vaccinated people are told to still wear masks, social distance and follow Covid protocols. Yet over and over again people act as if you don't get the vaccine you are endangering someone's life. How are you endangering someone's life by not getting the vaccine if getting it does not stop you from catching or transmitting covid? The vaccine only protects you from getting sick it does not stop you from catching the virus or transmitting it so why are people here telling OP that she's endangering her mother's life by not getting the vaccine if she is wearing her mask, social distancing and following all protocols to protect her family?

This is taken from a CNN article.

"In fact, the current CDC guidance says because "we're still learning how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19" it's important that "after you've been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions — like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces—in public places until we know more."

Vaccines are not 100% effective and the CDC and National Institutes of Health say there is no way for a fully vaccinated person to know if they are perhaps carrying an asymptomatic infection that could spread to someone else."

Exactly why I'm skeptical too!

whatchusay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,302 758 355
Alleybux
I’m against the vaxx but it’s your mama’s house. Don’t like her rule, then move the hell out and live your life under your own damn roof. Problem solved.

The only reason why I may consider taking the vaxx now is because they are taking away the mask mandate. WTF masks only work if both parties are covered so to have people walking around all wiilly billy is insane to me.

LeChatNoir

Lurker Supreme
Reaction score
Reactions
61,896 5,743 1,374
Alleybux
OP, I hope you didn't cave into pressure and take the jab....

Good luck OP and be well.

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,107 5,830 6,841
Alleybux
What can i do about my family pressuring me, arguing with me, trying to impose their beliefs on me about getting vaccinated? i plan not to get the vaccine and my family is trying to pressure me about having it. no matter how many times that i tell them I'm not getting it, it falls on deaf ears. My mom has even threatened me into kicking me out of the house if I don't have it (she's 90 i live with her because I'm her caretaker) I don't have the financial means to move anywhere, but I'm not going to allow someone not respecting my beliefs or me and shaming me. What should i do? Where could i go if she kicks me out?

Get the fk VACCINATED you big dummy!!!!

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,107 5,830 6,841
Alleybux
Before the vaccine even came out people had family members dying and the same fonts were saying who cares, millions live, so what’s really the difference?

People just don't value their lives! The fools!

But the rest of us DO!

We have vacations to Italy, Aruba, Japan and beyond BOOKED so we want the fk to LIVE!

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,107 5,830 6,841
Alleybux
Interesting because every doctor and nurse I know, including my parents, believe in the vaccine and have gotten it. I was hesitant but if my dad, a surgeon, encouraged me to get it, I’ll take his advice. Random Internet strangers who are not medical professionals should not be giving medical advice.

The Tuskegee experiments were about withholding medical care, so not really the same thing.

Not the same thing at all!

These people are depressed and just don't care about their lives anymore. That is the real problem.

People in India and Africa would give anything for the vaccine and these stupid Americans making up stories so they not take the vaccine and can KEEP the virus active and spread it around.

HighPriestess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,672 6,259 8,889
Alleybux
What can i do about my family pressuring me, arguing with me, trying to impose their beliefs on me about getting vaccinated? i plan not to get the vaccine and my family is trying to pressure me about having it. no matter how many times that i tell them I'm not getting it, it falls on deaf ears. My mom has even threatened me into kicking me out of the house if I don't have it (she's 90 i live with her because I'm her caretaker) I don't have the financial means to move anywhere, but I'm not going to allow someone not respecting my beliefs or me and shaming me. What should i do? Where could i go if she kicks me out?
just tell her you got it. I feel you. I argue s my family about the sh!t too. I tell anyone and everyone to fµck off. I'm trrans vax. Im not vaxxerd but i identify as vaxxerd. respect my pronoun. lol

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,107 5,830 6,841
Alleybux
Just lie and pretend you got it. There will be no way for her to verify if you did

You receive a Vaccination certificate when you get vaccinated you big dummy!!! Just goes to show how out of touch with reality you fools are.

I live in Europe and they say as of 23 June they will digitize them (on your phone) so we can fly to the beach in Italy. :)

Ain't nobody taking your WORD that you've been vaccinated. Duh! Too many liars out there. I can't wait until they block you fools from entering restaurants, the bank, the workplace - all normal public places unless you show your certificate.

Just starve all you dummies out! LOL! That will stop the spread and solve the anti-vaxxer problem!!!

Last edited:

HipsDontLie

Just here for the mess
Reaction score
Reactions
101,866 6,880 8,130
Alleybux
You receive a Vaccination certificate when you get vaccinated you big dummy!!! Just goes to show how out of touch with reality you fools are.

I live in Europe and they say as of 23 June they will digitize them (on your phone) so we can fly to the beach in Italy. :)

Ain't nobody taking your WORD that you've been vaccinated. Duh! Too many liars out there. I can't wait until they block you fools from entering restaurants, the bank, the workplace - all normal public places unless you show your certificate.

Just starve all you dummies out! LOL! That will stop the spread and solve the anti-vaxxer problem!!!
Can someone tell me why these clinical trial participants are so self righteous and tyrannical?