Quantcast

Vaginal fluid transplants may soon be available in US

Cutiefab

The Hound’s b*tch
Reaction score
Reactions
121,948 4,994 4,289
Alleybux
I was quietly reading the post until, oh...

« The Johns Hopkins University team say they were inspires by the success of faecal or poo transplants. »

Well, whatever they do as long as it works I guess...

hanginbyathread

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,135 1,855 317
Alleybux
Why not just take high doses of the lact... whatever that long word is, probiotics?

I may be wrong but....Lactobacillus thrives off of estrogen. If a woman has lower levels of estrogen even with a supplement the lactobacillus may not be abundant enough to keep other bacteria from over growing.

BeuTQueen

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
8,124 284 77
Alleybux
Awesome advancement for medical tech. No shade but, this is the reason a lot of women walk around smelling foul.. Not due to poor hygiene but, chronic BV.

lanoire

there's some wh*res in this house
Reaction score
Reactions
179,507 8,633 2,251
Alleybux
Oh, nah. Not at all. They can’t just isolate and grow the bacteria then treat the BV a different way?
A lot of those bacteria that make up the gut and vaginal microbial flora can’t be grown in laboratory settings. They can’t grow where there is oxygen and can’t grow without other microbes that it shares mutualistic relationships with.

They already do fecal transplants.

grainofrice

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,035 5,458 5,728
Alleybux
But how would that work? They don’t have vaginas.

Like if I put my juices under my arm it won’t suddenly start producing more juice?

This thread has officially gone left. You all know that trans women have a fake vagina from what Janet Mock said, it looks so real men can not tell the difference. I imagine it lacks the real vaginal fluids and I think a daily donation would make it feel legit for the trans community since they claim it looks legit.

Maybe because I am bad bodied but when I see Janet Mock body look better than mines, I believe her about her vagina. Her body is womanly AF why should her vagina not be. But I imagine her walls lack natural lubrication. Can someone post a GIF of this woman walking and swaying her hips.

Solace7

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,883 1,535 459
Alleybux
Vaginal fluid transplants may soon be available in US

US doctors are hoping to start offering women vaginal fluid transplants and have set up a programme to screen potential donors.

They believe some women could benefit from a dose of healthy vaginal microbes to protect against an infection called bacterial vaginosis (BV).

The Johns Hopkins University team say they were inspired by the success of faecal or poo transplants.

Although antibiotics can treat BV, it often comes back.

What is BV?
BV is not a xesually transmitted disease, despite being an infection.

It's quite common and women who have it may notice that they have an unusual discharge that has a strong fishy smell.

The condition is not usually serious, but should be treated because having BV makes women more vulnerable to catching xesually transmitted infections and getting urinary infections.

If the woman is pregnant, it increases the risk of her having the baby early.

Why might donor vaginal fluid help?
BV can happen when there is a change in the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina.

The vagina, like the gut, is home to lots of different microorganisms.

Our diets, lifestyles and some types of medication that we may take can upset this finely balanced ecosystem.

While there has been a large amount of work into the gut microbiome, less is known about the vagina.

Experts known that healthy microorganisms in the vagina prefer an acidic environment, and when the pH becomes too alkaline other bacteria - including those that cause BV - can thrive.

A number of factors can raise vaginal pH and make BV more likely, including having xes (semen and saliva are slightly alkaline) and using douches or vaginal washes, as well as hormonal changes at particular times of the month during a woman's menstrual cycle.

What would the transplant involve?

The researchers have been looking at what makes a fit, safe donation in preparation for starting to offer women with BV the transplants - which they hope to do soon now that they have regulatory approval from the Food and Drugs Administration.

They screened a small number of volunteers and have reported their findings in the journal Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology.

Based on the 20 women they have tested, the researchers say they have gained some insights into what might make an "ideal" donor.

Vaginal fluid samples dominated by a bacterium called Lactobacillus crispatus tended to have higher protective lactic acid content and a lower pH which might be beneficial, they say.

As a precaution, donors would be asked to abstain from xes for at least 30 days before giving a sample and would be screened for any infections, including HIV, to prevent them being passed on to any recipient, they add.

One of the researchers, Dr Laura Ensign, said: "The donation is a self collection, which we know people tend to prefer."

The woman inserts and then removes a flexible plastic disc - similar to a menstrual cup or a contraceptive diaphragm - to collect the sample.

"It's quick and easy and one sample collected like that would be enough material to make one dose for transfer," she said.

It would be drawn up into an applicator for the recipient to insert in a similar way to a tampon.

Dr Ensign said: "If we can get funding, we could start right away. Some of the donors that we studied said they would want to take part.

"We'd plan to give transplants to 40 recipients to begin with. Some would receive the real thing and others a placebo. All of them would get antibiotics for their BV too though."

Vaginal fluid transplants 'available soon in US'

Hopefully this helps the women who need but let’s all pray that none of us ever need this treatment or the poo one.

giphy.gif
lemme-move-my-bang-so-i-can-read-that-again-16137073.png

Adunni

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,572 42 61
Alleybux
It's happened. I'm getting to old to understand new age ish. You want me to put another woman's juice in my vagina?

SketiSpontielee

devonaoki: supermodel
Reaction score
Reactions
20,794 887 248
Alleybux
upload_2019-9-11_17-33-38.gif

This is for trans woman, but I like how the scientists aren’t not ballsy enough to tell us right now.

As someone that does suffer from micro flora imbalances, I STILL can’t imagine ever being comfortable injecting another woman’s puss juice RATHER THAN JUST EATING A YOGURT N PROBIOTICS.

upload_2019-9-11_17-32-43.gif
upload_2019-9-11_17-32-49.gif
upload_2019-9-11_17-32-46.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-11_17-33-34.gif
    upload_2019-9-11_17-33-34.gif
    182.8 KB · Views: 3

Yazzie6333

You won’t see a lot of me, when I win the lottery!
Reaction score
Reactions
30,017 486 110
Alleybux
I immediately thought of trans women while reading this because this is just too damn much otherwise. And what is a fecal transplant for? Black Jesus take the wheel...

kaydadiva28

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,769 104 19
Alleybux
Umm whet? Used coochie juices.. no ma’am. I know someone who suffered from chronic bv and they decided to try boric acid vaginal suppositories and she said it was a life changer.

stubborn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
145,854 11,419 18,059
Alleybux
BV is caused by an over growth of bacteria. Vaginal fluids contain lactobacilis, a good bacteria, that keeps the bad bacteria from over growing. Some women don’t produce enough fluids ( maybe related to hormones, giving hormones can cause other issues). ‘Transplanting’ might be a good option for some women.
The obvious solution would be to take probiotics. All this other stuff is too much.

Sexy Syd

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,051 1,123 419
Alleybux
BV is caused by an over growth of bacteria. Vaginal fluids contain lactobacilis, a good bacteria, that keeps the bad bacteria from over growing. Some women don’t produce enough fluids ( maybe related to hormones, giving hormones can cause other issues). ‘Transplanting’ might be a good option for some women.
Taking daily probotics with at least a billion CFUs and eating yogurt on a DAILY bases will increase the good bacteria in our guts and vagina ...those are natural remedies that certainly work maybe women should try that first before they give folks a NEW problem to deal with

Sexy Syd

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,051 1,123 419
Alleybux
Umm whet? Used coochie juices.. no ma’am. I know someone who suffered from chronic bv and they decided to try boric acid vaginal suppositories and she said it was a life changer.
I hear about the boric acid suppositories so much but it sounds so scary I would not even risk putting boric acid down there

hanginbyathread

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,135 1,855 317
Alleybux
The obvious solution would be to take probiotics. All this other stuff is too much.

Taking daily probotics with at least a billion CFUs and eating yogurt on a DAILY bases will increase the good bacteria in our guts and vagina ...those are natural remedies that certainly work maybe women should try that first before they give folks a NEW problem to deal with

I posted this somewhere else in the thread but basically taking probiotics is not enough in many cases.

Supplements don’t help because lactobacillus thrives because of certain hormones. If a woman has a hormonal issue the lactobacillus can’t survive. This is the same concept as with the fecal transplant. No one wants to have someone else’s feces transplanted into them, but they have no choice. If they could get help from supplements they would.

Also this study is focused on BV but it can help woman in post menopause and those who get frequent urinary tract infections.

It sounds gross in theory, but is probably a really easy cost effective way to manage a few women’s health issues.

kaydadiva28

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,769 104 19
Alleybux
I hear about the boric acid suppositories so much but it sounds so scary I would not even risk putting boric acid down there

She said there is no burning or irritation, you just have to wear a liner because it makes you a lil juicy next morning..lol. The brand she used is ph-d that her nurse practitioner told her about. I actually was thinking about buying some to keep ph in check as a once/twice a month maintenance dose.