Quantcast

Vent about your Job 2021

EAZYDUZIT

Trevante’s Poetic Inspo
Reaction score
Reactions
68,139 572 207
Alleybux
I’m just tired of working. That’s it. 40 hours a week is way too much. I wish we could hibernate like bears for months at a time.

whatsayu

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,044 2,101 1,854
Alleybux
I just started at this place 3 weeks ago and I’m already over it. Overall, the people are very friendly, but the workload is crazy.

There’s one ass kisser I spotted that I don’t like: she’s the “do too much type.” Whatever. I’m trying to silver line this thing. They have a lot of great technology that I can become familiar with

This really do not like this particular company’s benefits package. I can’t see myself making past 2022 .

Roonieboon

fµck christmas.
Reaction score
Reactions
13,140 180 79
Alleybux
Older women always want to try younger attractive women co-workers.

One of them locked a door behind me on purpose....she's 37-38/black btw and doing little kid sh!t. She runs past me mad crazy, even when there's multiple people in the same area, the whole energy becomes....wtf? quick. I got you that pressed that all other co-workers can notice? Unprofessional. She periodically walks past my office to "check her mail" everyday and is now copying my attire/hair.

Shes nice to the new people because they're not a threat ("pretty") to her. I tried to be cordial and say good morning when I was just starting but she legit ran and turned her head down to the floor.... I just pay her (and her sidekick- old enough to be my mother) absolute dust. I come in to work smart and to do the absolute bare minimum while looking cute. I won't spend any energy to play with you if I'm not getting paid extra for it.

I just greet everyone in the office and put in headphones in asap and keep my mask on to avoid the toxic bs. People can't control their insecurities so they make you responsible for their shortcomings.

Started job-hunting as soon as I heard ppl having mental breakdowns on their cells during first week, open fights, gossip, etc.).

I'm proud to be one of the unloyal millienlials. Not my mental health, y'all can keep it. This frog will be hopping sooner than later.

90sMelaninbae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,937 965 32
Alleybux
I should've known this job was going to be some bs when I heard three people quit in the same month I got hired. This department is full of old women who believe they are all managers and that they can boss people around. And I'm used to working with no supervision, I can't get a moment's peace everywhere I turn someone is hollering my name, breathing down my neck, nitpicking at little stuff, going behind messing with stuff I just finished working on.
My therapist already advised me to quit. I'm over stressing my mental health for these jobs. Just wait until I hit them with that two weeks notice Friday.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,695 238 5
Alleybux
If another rich, white person calls here again complaining about critical race theory! No matter how much money they give or what they say, they're ALL racist. I hate working around them. I'm so irritated.

90sMelaninbae

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,937 965 32
Alleybux
I'm not even going in today. I had already called in a replacement for my other job because they asked me to come in Saturday on my day off and then last night, she had the nerve to call me and ask me to come in Sunday. Saturday might be my last day, I'm torn between quitting immediately or giving them a two week notice.

hazeleyedhoney

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
204 15
Alleybux
I've been working at my job for 10yrs. Literally been working there longer than EVERYONE minus the bosses. Over that time I've seen multiple managers come and go. The last manager was a narcissist and she antagonized me for 2 years. She would make derogatory remarks to me in front of customers and other employees not to mention she was a racist that made racist remarks to me in front of coworkers. She would get into shouting matches with me. Crazy b!tch even held me in a room against my will because she wanted to know why i don't talk to her anymore. The bosses would do nothing about it. That was my cue to leave but stupid me stuck it out. She eventually got fired right before covid but not because of anything she did to me or other employees. They decided to hire a manager from within the company so naturally being a senior employee ,having years of experience , never been written up ,and always commened on my performance i applied. Went through the interview process and was told i was the best bar none. Those MF'rs went with someone else. Mind you I'm the one everyone asks how to do something. Im the one that was acting manager when the manager was out for several months milking disability. Im the one that built the majority of the team we have now. And the person who got promoted over me is my close friend who i got the interview at my place. When i asked what i was lacking as an employee to not get the promotion they told me i wasn't lacking anything

Pat McGroin

Yeeeerp!
Reaction score
Reactions
20,118 1,109 209
Alleybux
I've been working at my job for 10yrs. Literally been working there longer than EVERYONE minus the bosses. Over that time I've seen multiple managers come and go. The last manager was a narcissist and she antagonized me for 2 years. She would make derogatory remarks to me in front of customers and other employees not to mention she was a racist that made racist remarks to me in front of coworkers. She would get into shouting matches with me. Crazy b!tch even held me in a room against my will because she wanted to know why i don't talk to her anymore. The bosses would do nothing about it. That was my cue to leave but stupid me stuck it out. She eventually got fired right before covid but not because of anything she did to me or other employees. They decided to hire a manager from within the company so naturally being a senior employee ,having years of experience , never been written up ,and always commened on my performance i applied. Went through the interview process and was told i was the best bar none. Those MF'rs went with someone else. Mind you I'm the one everyone asks how to do something. Im the one that was acting manager when the manager was out for several months milking disability. Im the one that built the majority of the team we have now. And the person who got promoted over me is my close friend who i got the interview at my place. When i asked what i was lacking as an employee to not get the promotion they told me i wasn't lacking anything

You should’ve left this job a long time ago.

1soluvly

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,002 1,503 1,152
Alleybux
I HATE my job. The supervisor/directors have never worked in my position. They don't understand the job. They act like they can't grasp that every workers caseload makes each person do different things. Then when you can't meet unrealistic expectations They praise people I know are lying about their work. It is so annoying. Then the one little promotion that is available for my position They won't formally give me but expect me to informally do anyhow and when I don't I have to hear how I am not a team player.

edit: removed a portion I felt was too specific. I can't figure out how to be incog

Last edited:

hazeleyedhoney

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
204 15
Alleybux
You should’ve left this job a long time ago.
I know....I'm seriously looking elsewhere now. The only thing is other places aren't paying anywhere near what I get now . Honestly they just soured me from even wanting to continue in the same line of work.

TheFinalLevel

Summertime
Reaction score
Reactions
74,432 873 640
Alleybux
Feeling unappreciated and overlooked yet again as another coworker gets recognized over me (and I do really like her, she does a good job at what she does but I get more volume and just generally have more responsibilities than her). I work hard, get complimented on the work that I do and how reliable I am, so much so that my managers have increased my workload the last few months and put more on my plate bc they know I can handle it. Never late, never call out, I've even made myself available on days we're short staffed and many ppl call out, including weekends, holidays, still no official recognition.

My birthday is next month and I most likely would've showed up like the good little soldier I always am but nah, after this latest slap, I think I'll take my whole birthday weekend plus a few more days off with all the vacation I've accumulated. I deserve it and I'm tired of always putting this job first with nothing to show for it. Maybe when I'm not there to pick up the slack like always, just maybe then will my fµck!ng supervisors will recognize my efforts.

I would also start applying for a new job.

This is why it's better to be average at jobs. The moment you start being exceptional, they don't want you to leave your position. It's rare that you will promoted if you are a hard worker.

just11412

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
179,162 3,085 528
Alleybux
Yesterday I wanted to quit. I mean I always talk sh!t but I know I was talking mess. But... This time they really pissed me off. I hate not having a good solid plan. And on Friday they did not. I need to look for a new job. At least start looking.

Fashion Killa

Hanna Marin-Rivers
Reaction score
Reactions
174,266 6,533 1,231
Alleybux
I would also start applying for a new job.

This is why it's better to be average at jobs. The moment you start being exceptional, they don't want you to leave your position. It's rare that you will promoted if you are a hard worker.

Boy am I just finding out.

Pat McGroin

Yeeeerp!
Reaction score
Reactions
20,118 1,109 209
Alleybux
I know....I'm seriously looking elsewhere now. The only thing is other places aren't paying anywhere near what I get now . Honestly they just soured me from even wanting to continue in the same line of work.

Most of my growth came from being uncomfortable, maybe this is happening so you can reinvent your career down a different path.

Tosents

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
998 89 41
Alleybux
I‘m glad to have a job despite all my posts...I don’t see the anonymous button but doesn’t matter; I swear my coworker keeps mentioning my screen name...I only wish I did not have a white female boss but I will survive like I usually do...:cry:

Roonieboon

fµck christmas.
Reaction score
Reactions
13,140 180 79
Alleybux
getting my home office set up today, my coworker said he's going to personally facetime everyone to chat because he misses the normal days in tech. He will soon be blocked, annoying as hell. Being half-remote doesn't change sh!t with micromanagers/annoying co-workers.

TheFinalLevel

Summertime
Reaction score
Reactions
74,432 873 640
Alleybux
I‘m glad to have a job despite all my posts...I don’t see the anonymous button but doesn’t matter; I swear my coworker keeps mentioning my screen name...I only wish I did not have a white female boss but I will survive like I usually do...:cry:

Wow. You need to leave. Thats weird that your coworker knows your username on LSA.

SunnyChi

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,349 36 28
Alleybux
I am soooo over this man at my job(seems like the story of my life lol). He is always giving orders and not minding his business. You’re not my boss or my bosses boss go sit tf down. I’m talking to my boss he is standing behind me. Mind your business sir.

Roonieboon

fµck christmas.
Reaction score
Reactions
13,140 180 79
Alleybux
I dread going in tomorrow, only look forward to watering my plants tbh. Now I'm being micromanaged remotely also. My supervisor is already planning on holding a meeting to cut it down to one remote day because she's that bored. I'm through.

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,921 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
After thinking about it for a year I’ve finally resigned. I have been unhappy here for a while. Declined two raises with b.s. excuses while the LAZIEST do nothing folks are promoted. It’s been discouraging to say the least. I finally said enough is enough. My colleagues are upset and say the good people always leave. I’ve been genuinely complimented on my work ethic and contributions and that makes me feel really good that it wasn’t unnoticed by my colleagues. I’m thankful for the sincere Black women here who I’ve connected with and who poured into me. I believe in authentic connections and timing and know all of this was in my life plan.

I don’t have anything lined up but stepping out in faith. I’ve been here before and God has never left me or forsaken me. Thankfully I do have a spouse that can carry the weight and I also have enough personal savings for 6-9 months...longer if I’m frugal. I think I’ll rest for a month or two. It’s been rough dealing with mistreatment during Covid and unfulfilled promises but I’m hopeful something better awaits because I know what I bring to the table.
Thanks to this forum and Reddit anti work I feel so good about my decision. We have the power within us once we value ourselves and know our worth.

Binch

Just minding my own business...
Reaction score
Reactions
31,456 509 285
Alleybux
Constantly understaffed, boring repetitive work, and I work with old malfunctioning cash machines. I'm not paid enough for this. But I don't have the credentials for a better paying job.

Psalm

Reaction score
Reactions
283,921 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
So I resigned from my job in the federal government. It was a temp job and would end in a couple of months. They might have extended us again but I chose to resign ahead of time.

I heard favoritism was rampant in the government, but my mind is blown at how extreme it is. There’s this white guy we’ll call “Jake” who was treated as if he was superhuman. He got promoted twice in 7 months. The first promotion was for lead, the second promotion was for supervisor. 2 black female managers promoted him. I have never seen one person’s ass kissed so much at a job before. “Jake is awesome at everything.” “Jake is so great.” Jake Jake Jake. You could mention the sky is blue and they would find a way to make it about Jake and mention him. He wouldn’t even be on the daily conference calls we had and they would still mention him. “If you have any questions, ask Jake!” And think it was hilarious.

There’s no receptionist there so the most junior people had to provide reception desk coverage. Before Jake got promoted, they would make a reception desk schedule and he would be left off because the coordinator didn’t want him up there. Why can’t he be up there? He had the same job title as me and I had to do it. He got out of doing most of the stuff the clerical staff had to do because he was working on special projects for management.

Jake ended up getting a job at the regional office and they were still kissing his ass at my office. “Jake is going to be sitting on a throne over there!” Someone sat at his old desk and they were pissed and said they could at least wait til his seat got cold. Smh.

I found a new job as a HR Coordinator and as I turned in my resignation, my supervisor asked me were there any more HR jobs because she has an HR certification. Lemme get this straight. You promote Jake twice over me and want me to get you an HR job at my new gig? Get real. Find out if Jake has any HR jobs at his new place of work. She was trying to get the most information out of me about my new job and started kissing my ass as if I was going to get her in. Hell no. We were going over my performance review and she had to nerve to mention Jake. Is this my performance review or his? I have never seen some blatant favoritism on any job as I did at that job. I’m glad I’m out of there.
Wow they sound like slaves for real.

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,319 4,977 407
Alleybux
y do ww bosses seem to complicate processes and add more layers instead of clearing the pathways for the best outcome based on the group's productivity? I feel bad for that other team, chi......

Contacts

Out of Character
Reaction score
Reactions
24,033 669 287
Alleybux
I’m clearly holding the programs together and have been for 4 months now but apparently the head boss still needs more evidence that I can be promoted.

I can’t let them get in my head because I know I deserve the promotion but this is really how workers get discouraged smh

SunnyChi

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,349 36 28
Alleybux
This man either needs a snicker or a pad. Smh his attitude is ridiculous...if we weren’t in the workplace he would have been got cursed tf out.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,501 494,984 222,872
Alleybux
It's the fact that my supervisor is creating more rules and sending countless emails because she thinks that doing the most will exclude her from the scale down for me.

pawmm

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
928 2 1
Alleybux
I am tired of reading emails the length of research papers. Everyone is abusing the original intent of email. Period.

I am also tired of people NOT reading my emails. All of the answers to your questions are in the email YOU decided to overlook. I've gotten to the point of not answering their questions and directing them to READ the email!

Cinnahs

Black and Beautiful
Reaction score
Reactions
239,417 4,931 1,464
Alleybux
I hate that I am being called into the office next week, even part time. I do not want to be around these fake people. We also have completely given up on pandemic precautions. I hate living in a red state and working at this maga country job!

I wish that I had started my job search in March of this year. I have been interviewing like crazy and I have made it to second and final rounds but I won't hear anything until later next week. I want to have a new job before the fall that is completely remote!

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,501 494,984 222,872
Alleybux
I just finished a call signing off on two involuntary separations for tomorrow. I am emensly connected to the impacts people will feel whenever I have had to do these or sign off on them and never make these decisions lightly. However, with this unprofessional BS I am smiling inside knowing full well it’s not us. And leaning into your caucasity doesn’t always work out like you expect. Especially when there is a black woman involved.

Delet This

That gum you like is coming back in style
Reaction score
Reactions
146,283 7,986 998
Alleybux
I went back to work doing part time janitorial and got hired at another part time retail job.

I only did one day orientation not even an hour into I know they got me fµcked up. that's the entire gag these retail & service jobs crying & begging people to work for them... boo hooing they cant people but be rude as fµck or shady from the beginning. even in my interview making me wait an hour then laughing and orientation set up putting it a month away from hire date then claiming I had to pick up a packet she never gave me to drive back. Then back pedaling a different orientation date with some cunty remarks

I already know this place isn't gonna work out, I almost walked out today when these Karen managers were rolling their eyes and saying sarcastic comments to me about when I could work or why, and separating me from the 2 other new hires w the same title to do a demo for them to critique and study.

windchaser

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
130,706 7,548 341
Alleybux
I've 85% decided that my last day will be June 30th. I'm planning on enjoying July and August off and hitting the job search after that. I'm prepared to live off my savings for up to a year if needed but hopefully it won't come to that. I'm hoping to secure a new job by September/October.

I'm scared but I've prayed about it and all the signs and messages I've been receiving in the past week is indicating that this is the path I should follow. Even random IG posts I've been seeing seem to serve as a confirmation:

Tomorrow is my last day! Glad I went with my gut.

trice504

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,768 746 202
Alleybux
I've been helping the other department at my job for over 1 year and over it. I see why this job is always hiring.

Psalm

Reaction score
Reactions
283,921 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
Tomorrow is my last day! Glad I went with my gut.
Me too!! Good luck to us!

why did I have an evaluation today that also listed my supervisors goals for me this upcoming fiscal year?!?! Um what part of I’m out of here don’t they understand??!?!?

Arrcadiaa

HYPNOTIZED WITH HATRED
Reaction score
Reactions
85,301 2,211 1,076
Alleybux
My CEO is a lying b!tch.

She is almost 70 trying to run a company and wants people to kiss her ass, I am not going to kiss your ass lady.

My supervisor is a sorry excuse for a man who will kiss the CEO's ass and try to throw me under the bus any chance he gets. I am so glad I am about leave from this toxic environment.

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom