Quantcast

Vernon Coleman, youngest Black tech CEO at 23 raises $4mill seed round from Alexis Ohanian

Reaction score
Reactions
8,120 394 335
Alleybux
Which is the best for deal-flow and partnerships? To close business deals?

Well, it depends, certain networks are more active with HNWI in certain countries.
I've made international and US deals and partnerships mostly on: ASW and Internations...via the platform and the events they host is how you meet the movers/shakers. London, Zurich, Paris, Miami and NYC are the cities I've felt these networks were most useful.

Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,039 19,673 18,910
Alleybux
Well, it depends, certain networks are more active with HNWI in certain countries.
I've made international and US deals and partnerships mostly on: ASW and Internations...via the platform and the events they host is how you meet the movers/shakers. London, Zurich, Paris, Miami and NYC are the cities I've felt these networks were most useful.

I need to build a network in Miami & London. Potentially Denmark as well. I need to get in touch with decision-makers for the UAE. Which one are best for that? I don't want to join all of them if I don't have to.

Reaction score
Reactions
8,120 394 335
Alleybux
I need to build a network in Miami & London. Potentially Denmark as well. I need to get in touch with decision-makers for the UAE. Which one are best for that? I don't want to join all of them if I don't have to.

Perhaps ASW... bear in mind that covid has paused all in-person events/networkers so you won't fully experience the membership benefits at this time.
Both Asw and Internations are global, so your membership is world-wide. Every country I visit, I always look up the events and message boards.

If you haven't already, go on Linkedin and start following these UK-based groups (lurk and "read the room" first, then post comments/replies time to time): Black or arab angel/ venture capital groups, philanthropy, the Black female barristers (uk lawyers) and the tech groups in London, Brussels, Berlin and Zurich. A lot of UAE guys participate in all these same networks. Also, EU parliament on Linkedin is another great way to interact with the "deciders." They have weekly podcasts and you can ask the diplomats/politicians questions. Great exposure for your brand.

Mikhail Bakunin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,039 19,673 18,910
Alleybux
Perhaps ASW... bear in mind that covid has paused all in-person events/networkers so you won't fully experience the membership benefits at this time.
Both Asw and Internations are global, so your membership is world-wide. Every country I visit, I always look up the events and message boards.

If you haven't already, go on Linkedin and start following these UK-based groups (lurk and "read the room" first, then post comments/replies time to time): Black or arab angel/ venture capital groups, philanthropy, the Black female barristers (uk lawyers) and the tech groups in London, Brussels, Berlin and Zurich. A lot of UAE guys participate in all these same networks. Also, EU parliament on Linkedin is another great way to interact with the "deciders." They have weekly podcasts and you can ask the diplomats/politicians questions. Great exposure for your brand.

Looks like elysiants is dead.

ace416

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,322 256 252
Alleybux
As a rule of thumb if I hear about the founder before the product then I don't expect it to succeed but I do hope he is the exception

kettleballs

On Ye's workout plan, never an Ozempic bobblehead
Reaction score
Reactions
208,812 22,144 18,670
Alleybux
He looks older than 23...hmmmm dats someone's daddy!

SUGAR DADDY...I mean.

JustKelly44

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,445 5,637 4,899
Alleybux
I mean good for him or whatever, but Its not a win for black people or anything. This is just another “first black ____ to” whatever, he’s being used. It’s really low key shade.

StylishCurvyGirl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,466 223 18
Alleybux
I'd be willing to try it. I tried white founded Clubhouse with no problem and I stay away from the ghetto rooms in there. I think social media is whatever you make it no matter what platform you use.

KNOX 1052

I'mma just tell you right now... I don't care.
Reaction score
Reactions
6,927 37 54
Alleybux
Clubhouse is basically Discord, which already has video and audio. There's already 1000 apps like this I wonder what will set this apart from the rest.
Clubhouse and Discord are completely effin different lol. COMPLETELY.

Shy Vy

Shy
Reaction score
Reactions
81,729 2,681 178
Alleybux
It does feel a little like oversaturation in terms of these new social networks coming out, but still congratulations to this young man. I hope he's successful with it.