Quantcast

Viola on Annalise's sexuality: " I had everything to do with that"

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,005 5,786 517
Alleybux
Viola just did an interview with Pridesource and talked about her coming to terms with accepting the LGBTQ community. Here's what she said about Annalise and her relationship with Eve.

Did you have something to do with Annalise’s xesual fluidity, then?

I had everything to do with that. And so did (creator) Pete Nowak; I can’t leave him out. I really have to give him credit for that too. But yeah, absolutely. And also, “I Am Jazz”: I was watching that one night. I love that show. But I was watching that one night and (trans TV star and model Jazz Jennings) was playing in the closet with one of her friends who was a trans teenager, and it was just great. They were talking about who they see themselves with in the future, and they were like, “Whoever, you know. I’m open. I’m open to a boy, I’m open to a girl.” And they started talking about just the attributes of the people they wanted to be with.

That transformed me more than anything. I thought, “That is the greatest thing in the world,” and I thought that that was a great idea for Annalise because Annalise is so damaged, so traumatized that what if she just said, “I’m just open to love”? God, think about what we can explore there.

Did your mother ever see the episode of “How to Get Away with Murder” you didn’t want her to see – the first time you kiss Famke Janssen?

Yep!

You said that you weren’t gonna show it to her.

I didn’t show it to her! She saw it on her own!

And?

She was good with it – because my niece is gay and at 9, 10 years old she told her mom, my sister: “Mom, I like girls,” and my sister said, “OK. Well, are you OK?” She said, “I think I’m fine.” She was like, “OK, well I’m good too.” And that was their conversation.
I find this so interesting that she is bringing this up now. Eve and AK's attraction to women has essentially been erased from the show. :Cry It seems that Eve is the only relationship that she ever talks about... I guess because she was directly involved and she found it believable.

Viola Davis Talks Journey to LGBTQ Acceptance, Finding Her Power & Why Her Favorite Role Was As a Man

Last edited:

justice denied

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,691 4,351 1,289
Alleybux
Viola just did an interview with Pridesource and talked about her coming to terms with accepting the LGBTQ community. Here's what she said about Annalise and her relationship with Eve.

I find this so interesting that she is bringing this up now. Eve and AK's attraction to women has essentially been erased from the show. :Cry I swear Eve is the only relationship that she ever talks about... I guess because she was directly involved and she found it believable.

Viola Davis Talks Journey to LGBTQ Acceptance, Finding Her Power & Why Her Favorite Role Was As a Man

Isn't Pride Source a LGBT magazine? So how is it surprising that she would talk about a lesbian relationship with them?

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,005 5,786 517
Alleybux
Isn't Pride Source a LGBT magazine? So how is it surprising that she would talk about a lesbian relationship with them?
It's surprising to me because Annalise's "pansexuality" has been a non factor for 3 seasons now (all male love interests if any). If this was when Famke was still part of the show I could understand.

Last edited:

justice denied

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,691 4,351 1,289
Alleybux
It's surprising to me because Annalise's "pansexuality" has been a non factor for 3 seasons now (all male love interests if any). If this was when Famke was still part of the show I could understand.

I haven't watched since the second season so I don't know what's been happening but again the magazine is LGBT focused so I see why they would ask her about it. And as far as I know, that was the only time she played a lesbian character.

Last edited:

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,005 5,786 517
Alleybux
I haven't watched since the second season so I don't know what's been happening but again the magazine is LGBT focused so I see why they would ask her about it. And as far as I know, that was the only time she played a lesbian character.
Season 2 will always be my favorite. You are right I just found in interesting due to the shows current treatment of Aks sexuality. I'm glad Viola is supportive.;)

Last edited: