Quantcast

Walker

niki

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,263 488 181
Alleybux
I mean this in the nicest way possible; but which CW exec did Sam Winchester sleep with to get his own TV show? Jared spent 15 seasons serving flat, one-dimensional acting on Supernatural. There is no way he’s a good enough actor to carry his own TV show.

I don’t dislike Jared, he’s good eye candy, but I don’t think he’s a good actor. I can look at the promo pic and tell that he can’t pull this off; he looks bored. Has anyone watched this show yet? It is as boring as it looks in the picture.

BorisNatasha

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,527 656 27
Alleybux

I haven't watched it, but Jared originally wanted to produce it for Jensen to star in. Thankfully Eric Kripke had a role for Jensen on The Boys instead.

Allegedly once Jared decided to star in it there was a bidding war between networks b/c of his rabid fan base.

Pettypisces

Pretty on the outside, petty on the inside
Reaction score
Reactions
223,694 4,802 397
Alleybux
He doesn’t do roundhouse kicks so that’s all you need to know.

63F52771-3E90-483E-B08E-D12695E54A47.gif

The roadhouse kicks made that mediocre show. They might as well just call the show something else then.

My grandma and auntie are gonna have a fit when I tell them about this lol

niki

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,263 488 181
Alleybux
Who here has watched the show? It aired last Thursday. How is it?

That’s what I want to know. I looked at the cast and I see Jared’s wife also has a role on the show, which is strike two. From her few appearances on Supernatural she’s a subpar actress so she’s not going to add anything to Walker. If Jared’s going to pull this off he needs a strong supporting cast and good writing.

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,649 2,609 1,020
Alleybux
That’s what I want to know. I looked at the cast and I see Jared’s wife also has a role on the show, which is strike two. From her few appearances on Supernatural she’s a subpar actress so she’s not going to add anything to Walker. If Jared’s going to pull this off he needs a strong supporting cast and good writing.
Oh I agree. I just watched the trailer and Jared's wife is the low point for me. She was horrible in Supernatural and from the trailer to Walker, she looks even worse in this...and I didn't even hear her speak in the trailer. 100% agree, this show definitely needs a strong supporting cast to last. The female lead appears to be a good actress, at least in the trailer. Jared is a bit weak here, but could be bearable with the right people to play off of.

Lilac80330

Act up and I'll tell you to go to bed!
Reaction score
Reactions
64,932 1,092 117
Alleybux

What in the hell? They adding his wife to this show? They did this with Grimm because David Giuntoli was sleeping with his character's love interest in the show before they started filming. Her character was rabidly hated because of the actresses non-acting. Only reason she stayed on the entire series is because she was smashing the lead actor. 1,000% sure this is the same exact reason here. When people do this with a show or movie, it always drags it down severely. I don't know of any case where it hasn't.

lilkunta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,971 1,810 2,283
Alleybux
I didnt know this show was being rebooted because I never watch WB.
All it is is superhero shows.
Good luck I guess.
Ill keep watching the original when I up with insomnia.
Reruns comes on oGRIT channel.

WWE Diva

90s Kid
Reaction score
Reactions
269,634 17,690 834
Alleybux
Yeah, I recall Jensen turning this down to do "The Boys". I can't help but wonder if that was because he didn't want to be tied down to another CW show. I don't blame him one bit. I'm glad he moved away from it & is working on different projects.

As for "Walker", I watched the first episode online for kicks. The writing was horrendous & Jared somehow managed to be worse here than he was on "Supernatural". Didn't think that was possible, but here we are. Genevieve's acting hasn't improved, but that's no surprise. I don't really have the desire to watch this, but the writing needs to seriously improve if they plan to keep this going, but then again, they'll probably just try to coast by on Jared's looks & fanbase. They love him over at the CW, so.

As for Jared's acting, he needs to work on it, but I know he won't. He didn't in the past 15 years, so why would he start now. Jensen was always the better actor by far & it showed. Jared always just creased his eyebrows, widened his eyes a bit to look like he was caught off-guard about something & gulped while his mouth twitched a little. He's in serious need of an acting coach.

BorisNatasha

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,527 656 27
Alleybux
Yeah, I recall Jensen turning this down to do "The Boys". I can't help but wonder if that was because he didn't want to be tied down to another CW show. I don't blame him one bit. I'm glad he moved away from it & is working on different projects.

As for "Walker", I watched the first episode online for kicks. The writing was horrendous & Jared somehow managed to be worse here than he was on "Supernatural". Didn't think that was possible, but here we are. Genevieve's acting hasn't improved, but that's no surprise. I don't really have the desire to watch this, but the writing needs to seriously improve if they plan to keep this going, but then again, they'll probably just try to coast by on Jared's looks & fanbase. They love him over at the CW, so.

As for Jared's acting, he needs to work on it, but I know he won't. He didn't in the past 15 years, so why would he start now. Jensen was always the better actor by far & it showed. Jared always just creased his eyebrows, widened his eyes a bit to look like he was caught off-guard about something & gulped while his mouth twitched a little. He's in serious need of an acting coach.

I don't blame Jensen for not wanting to be on another CW show. Jensen is a great actor and there is only so much you can do on a CW show.

I don't think Jensen wants to do another 20+ episode series any time soon. He spent 15 years as a lead Supernatural and missed out on a lot of opportunities because of the filming schedule. I think he guinely loves acting and wants to try different thins. Jared on the other hand was ready to retire after Supernatural, but once Jensen turned it down and he realized he could stay at the CW he changed his mind.

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,649 2,609 1,020
Alleybux

I'm not surprised, I could tell from the promo for Walker alone Jared's acting is extremely weak and not at all convincing. I'm not even familiar with the female lead, but it's clear she is what will help carry this show.

Like someone pointed out, this show will need a strong supportive cast to carry Jared and per the previews, it looks like that is lacking. His wife will only drag this sinking ship down further..My God..she makes me HATE watching Season 4 of Supernatural, just having to sit through her atrocious acting. It was a horrible idea to include his wife on Walker and I hope she can be replaced by another actress, ya know they do that sometimes..:unsure:

I am dead that you pointed out Jared's limited range and mannerisms. It was fine in Supernatural, but it won't cut it here. Poor guy...It's interesting how Kripke jokingly said it was his dream to keep Jensen employed.. I guess he doesn't feel the same about Jared. I don't like comparing the two, but that's telling imo.

Casmira

I’m Bold, Beautiful and Free
Reaction score
Reactions
114,185 3,125 1,674
Alleybux
Im watching, but what im not liking is they got a latina and her maybe black boyfriend, and biracial man (b/w) i think. No BW. Good thing we only Jared's no acting wife in flashback. Jensen woulda kilt it!

What is The Boys and is it on primetime?

WWE Diva

90s Kid
Reaction score
Reactions
269,634 17,690 834
Alleybux
I don't blame Jensen for not wanting to be on another CW show. Jensen is a great actor and there is only so much you can do on a CW show.

I don't think Jensen wants to do another 20+ episode series any time soon. He spent 15 years as a lead Supernatural and missed out on a lot of opportunities because of the filming schedule. I think he guinely loves acting and wants to try different thins. Jared on the other hand was ready to retire after Supernatural, but once Jensen turned it down and he realized he could stay at the CW he changed his mind.
I'm not surprised, I could tell from the promo for Walker alone Jared's acting is extremely weak and not at all convincing. I'm not even familiar with the female lead, but it's clear she is what will help carry this show.

Like someone pointed out, this show will need a strong supportive cast to carry Jared and per the previews, it looks like that is lacking. His wife will only drag this sinking ship down further..My God..she makes me HATE watching Season 4 of Supernatural, just having to sit through her atrocious acting. It was a horrible idea to include his wife on Walker and I hope she can be replaced by another actress, ya know they do that sometimes..:unsure:

I am dead that you pointed out Jared's limited range and mannerisms. It was fine in Supernatural, but it won't cut it here. Poor guy...It's interesting how Kripke jokingly said it was his dream to keep Jensen employed.. I guess he doesn't feel the same about Jared. I don't like comparing the two, but that's telling imo.

I think for Jared, the CW is as good as he's going to get right now. He fits right in with others around the network that can't act well. Those that can eventually move onto better things.

I didn't know Kripke said that about Jensen. It is telling. I wonder if (when he was still working on "Supernatural") always thought that Jensen was the better actor. It's funny that Jensen is the one who ended up going back to Kripke, especially since the Kripke years of the show are considered the best.

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,649 2,609 1,020
Alleybux
I think for Jared, the CW is as good as he's going to get right now. He fits right in with others around the network that can't act well. Those that can eventually move onto better things.

I didn't know Kripke said that about Jensen. It is telling. I wonder if (when he was still working on "Supernatural") always thought that Jensen was the better actor. It's funny that Jensen is the one who ended up going back to Kripke, especially since the Kripke years of the show are considered the best.
The shade :cry: But if his cringe acting in those clips of Walker is any indication, you're right.

I think I originally heard Kripke say that about Jensen in a video, but I can't remember where. Anyway, here's an excerpt of what he said

“When I was a child, I had a crazy, impossible dream — to provide Jensen Ackles with gainful employment,” said The Boys showrunner and executive producer Kripke in a statement. “I’m happy to say that dream has come true. Jensen is an amazing actor, an even better person, smells like warm chocolate chip cookies, and I consider him a brother. As Soldier Boy, the very first superhero, he’ll bring so much humor, pathos, and danger to the role. I can’t wait to be on set with him again, and bring a bit of ‘Supernatural’ to ‘The Boys.’”
‘The Boys’: ‘Supernatural’s Jensen Ackles Joins Season 3 Cast – Deadline

ReeceNicole

Resident cat lady
Reaction score
Reactions
35,597 396 135
Alleybux

I didnt know that Jensen was supposed to be Hawkeye in the Avengers and had to turn it down because of Supernatural. Could you imagine where his career would be now if he would have been able to take that role? sh!t Hawkeye might have actually had a fanbase!

Last edited:

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,932 1,092 117
Alleybux
I didnt now that Jensen was supposed to be Hawkeye in the Avengers and had to turn it down because of Supernatural. Could you imagine where his career would be now if he would have been able to take that role? sh!t Hawkeye might have actually had a fanbase!

I'm not familiar with any of Jensen's work. I mean I know he was on Supernatural, but I've never actually watched it. And if I'm being honest, that show looked super hokey and not worth my time to watch because of both him and Jared. But I guess that doesn't mean that Jensen's acting wasn't great or amazing on it. And because I only know Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, I can't really imagine anyone else as the character. I think Renner does a great job as the character. I also think that because he never got a standalone film like most of the other characters (aside from Mark Ruffalo with Hulk), that plays into why he doesn't much of a fanbase.

Sobreviviente

Birds of a feather "flocks" together
Reaction score
Reactions
71,385 977 342
Alleybux
The first episode was terrible. Jared and his female partner have no chemistry, and she's not a strong actress. Everything felt rushed and poorly developed. I also don't care to see Jared's real life wife in the series. She was awful as Ruby on SN, and her acting has not improved over the years.

I like seeing Mitch Peleggi and Coby Bell. We need more scenes with them and others who can act.

ReeceNicole

Resident cat lady
Reaction score
Reactions
35,597 396 135
Alleybux
I'm not familiar with any of Jensen's work. I mean I know he was on Supernatural, but I've never actually watched it. And if I'm being honest, that show looked super hokey and not worth my time to watch because of both him and Jared. But I guess that doesn't mean that Jensen's acting wasn't great or amazing on it. And because I only know Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, I can't really imagine anyone else as the character. I think Renner does a great job as the character. I also think that because he never got a standalone film like most of the other characters (aside from Mark Ruffalo with Hulk), that plays into why he doesn't much of a fanbase.

:LOL: Nah girl, He never got a standalone because no one cares. He also doesn't have the best PR/image. We will have to agree to disagree on Renner.

Jensen is a good actor. He gets hammy sometimes but he has a soap background so that is to be expected. But he can emote. I didn't watch much supernatural but I have seen Jensen in different projects and he generally solid and pretty charismatic.

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,932 1,092 117
Alleybux
:LOL: Nah girl, He never got a standalone because no one cares. He also doesn't have the best PR/image. We will have to agree to disagree on Renner.

Jensen is a good actor. He gets hammy sometimes but he has a soap background so that is to be expected. But he can emote. I didn't watch much supernatural but I have seen Jensen in different projects and he generally solid and pretty charismatic.

Unless a celebrity says or does something atrocious enough to have several of my friends sharing the article about it on Facebook, I don't really hear about them or their antics much. Explains why I don't know what you're talking about with Renner and his bad PR image. So, yes. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Haitian1

ghetto girl with a degree
Reaction score
Reactions
87,681 13,395 5,096
Alleybux
How is this an original series? Didnt the scifi channel have a walker texas ranger show or was it usa network meh one of them channels. And who asked for this never liked the original one. Was forced to watch it when I was home sick and my mom,grandma, or sister had it on.

Crazycruze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,067 630 75
Alleybux
Welp, it started at 0.4 and ticked down to 0.3 the following week. 0.3 is good for CW, I guess.

which one of you stopped watching? :sneaky:

So happy Jensen was able to break away from CW.

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,649 2,609 1,020
Alleybux
Welp, it started at 0.4 and ticked down to 0.3 the following week. 0.3 is good for CW, I guess.

which one of you stopped watching? :sneaky:

So happy Jensen was able to break away from CW.
I think it will be hard for Jared to find additional work because he's so tall and has limited range. It's not impossible, but he really should take some acting classes to help himself out. His wife should have done so all those years she was an unemployed actress, but it seems like she didn't.

Dutchess

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
45,842 2,421 1,224
Alleybux
I tried watching this but it’s so damn wack I turned it off about half way in. They need to stop remaking shows.

Crazycruze

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,067 630 75
Alleybux
I think it will be hard for Jared to find additional work because he's so tall and has limited range. It's not impossible, but he really should take some acting classes to help himself out. His wife should have done so all those years she was an unemployed actress, but it seems like she didn't.
Someone mentioned above that he was going to retire? I guess he‘s banking on residuals and convention money (which I’m pretty sure dried up because of COVID).

Reaction score
Reactions
6,873 192 7
Alleybux
I watched the first 3 episodes out of boredom. What (mostly)white mediocrity! It's painful how much better and believable Jensen would have been in this role, but like everyone else here, I'm glad Jensen stayed away.

Jared is so lackluster and not at all believable as a ranger, which I didn't expect since he's perfectly capable of looking the part. But he's just not believable as law enforcement. I can tell he wants to do more with the emotional scenes but has to reign it in because this isn't that kind of show. He should have done some emo kind of show or played an emo type of character, that's clearly his lane. And I hate to pile on his wife; I thought her playing the deceased wife wouldn't be too awful. But she's got to be one of the worst actresses ever. Even in the brief flashbacks, she's so uninspiring.

In his defense though, the writing for the show is painfully corny. Cringey, corny, and strives too hard to be "wholesome."

Was the original Walker this corny? I honestly can't remember.

WWE Diva

90s Kid
Reaction score
Reactions
269,634 17,690 834
Alleybux
I watched the first 3 episodes out of boredom. What (mostly)white mediocrity! It's painful how much better and believable Jensen would have been in this role, but like everyone else here, I'm glad Jensen stayed away.

Jared is so lackluster and not at all believable as a ranger, which I didn't expect since he's perfectly capable of looking the part. But he's just not believable as law enforcement. I can tell he wants to do more with the emotional scenes but has to reign it in because this isn't that kind of show. He should have done some emo kind of show or played an emo type of character, that's clearly his lane. And I hate to pile on his wife; I thought her playing the deceased wife wouldn't be too awful. But she's got to be one of the worst actresses ever. Even in the brief flashbacks, she's so uninspiring.

In his defense though, the writing for the show is painfully corny. Cringey, corny, and strives too hard to be "wholesome."

Was the original Walker this corny? I honestly can't remember.
I didn't watch the original, but I've seen those that did say it was a much better show.

WWE Diva

90s Kid
Reaction score
Reactions
269,634 17,690 834
Alleybux
Coming back to this because I saw that it's coming back in the fall. I had watched some other episodes months ago & it's still bad. I wonder how long they're going to drag this out for.

DCMarvelFan

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
54 1
Alleybux
Call me crazy but I actually liked season 1, maybe its Jared´s level of intensity and the things Walker battles with I find interesting, I saw they started filming season 2 a few days ago.

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,649 2,609 1,020
Alleybux
Call me crazy but I actually liked season 1, maybe its Jared´s level of intensity and the things Walker battles with I find interesting, I saw they started filming season 2 a few days ago.
I've never watched it, but as a SPN fan I like to hear from more people who've watched the show. Nice you're enjoying it. I may give it a chance, one episode at least.

pinkkryptonite

Bonnets 'r Us
Reaction score
Reactions
149,236 5,006 464
Alleybux
I saw the promos last year and said "nah". This week I saw that season 1 is on hbo max, so I watched, mainly for background noise. I agree with everyone about the dead wife's acting. It's just sad. And please tell me she's 45+, because the fillers and botox, chiiile.

Jared has the acting range of Ice Cube. He'll play every new role the same way.

Anyway, the show is ok for what it is - a reboot on the CW.

I actually like the latina partner. The gay brother doesn't add anything to the show. The Hoyt guy seems more interesting than all the Walkers.

I'm always happy to see Coby Bell.

I think this would have done better on another network like USA or even cbs where the rest of the 80s/90s reboots are.

harls

I ho’d so you could fly.
Reaction score
Reactions
252,170 5,753 278
Alleybux
Anyone watching season two? I think it has been good. I just want to know what they are going to do about Mickey since she is leaving the show.