Wanting to go off birth control

Closer To My Dreams
Reactions
55,177 2,866 1,050
Alleybux
I’ve been thinking about going off my birth control pills since last month. However, I’m pretty dependent on them and I know my doctor will probably throw a fit. I got on them after having an early MC back in November.

Anyway, I want to get off of it and start being healthier again.

Loving you from afar
Reactions
38,663 628 270
Alleybux
1617852761424.png

ok so do that.

Reactions
9,691 212 177
Alleybux
I’ve been thinking about going off my birth control pills since last month. However, I’m pretty dependent on them and I know my doctor will probably throw a fit. I got on them after having an early MC back in November.

Are you active with a partner(s)?

How are BC affecting your health?

Closer To My Dreams
Reactions
55,177 2,866 1,050
Alleybux
Are you active with a partner(s)?

How are BC affecting your health?
1. Not really. It’s been a month since our last encounter.

2. very weird crying spells, moody and I’ve been anxious since I started the pill months ago. I don’t really see a big change within my period except they are shorter. Last month, it was only four days and watery at the end.

woe betide thee
Reactions
74,609 1,798 2,074
Alleybux

make the right decision for you. are you looking for advice or commiseration?

Reactions
750 82 1
Alleybux
I’m anti birth control pills. It causes a lot of long term illnesses not presented when initially offered. I know so many young women with fibroids and depression, and older women with breast cancer.

Reactions
95,333 268 70
Alleybux
use condoms. and look into natural methods of plan b (herbs) in case you need some extra insurance.

i also highly recommend you do research into detoxing the body after hormonal birth control. there's some things you'll want to do for your hormones and overall health when getting off bc.

Sweet Tart
Reactions
162 2
Alleybux

Part time she-bitch
Reactions
12,908 323 510
Alleybux
I stopped hormonal BC due to mental health reasons. Just get a cycle tracker. Pay attention to your stress levels and what you eat. They really impact how your cycle is. Also be aware that the hormones might have covered up or exacerbated a long existing issue.

Alleybux
I recommend you look into Fertility Awareness Based Methods, starting with the Fertility Friday podcast, episode #1. If you're into reading, the Fifth Vital Sign by Lisa Hendricks-Jack and Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler are the best resources out there. I was on hormonal birth control for 14 years, and dealt with horrible side effects, thinking there were no other options. I found out just last year that there is an evidence based method (Fertility Awareness methods like the symptothermal method) that is 99.6% effective. The downfall? People don't know about it, and think it is the rhythm method, which is like 50% effective. Even my health care facility (Kaiser) lists it as a conflates the two, but this is NOT that.

While there are different Fertility Awarness based methods, I prefer the symptothermal method, which requires you to take a daily observation of three of your body's signs (cervical fluid, basal body temperature, cervical position), chart them, and then use that information to determine if you are fertile that day. Since women are only fertile 5-6 days out of the month, you can either choose to be abstinent during that time (the fertile window), or choose to use a [non-hormonal] barrier method like condoms. Again, please note that this is NOT some hoodoo b.s., this is backed by science. Look into the two names/resources I listed above to find more info to find out more. Or you can ask me questions. I recommend getting all the info you can before coming off the hormonal birth control, and those two women are great, great resources. I HTH.

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

Recent Posts

Regè-Jean Page Appreciation/ Tea Thread
Right. He is very handsome but there are many handsome black men out there. I am not sure why they're acting this crazy over this one. This is a...
Lolo Jones, 38, opens up about difficulty dating: ‘You give up hope’
I agree with this to an extent, but at the same time I wish people (like some fonts in this thread) didn't beat themselves up for not dating...
Okay but can we talk about how insecure competitive and over-sensitive men are their physical...
Good thing men over 6ft are not the majority either in America or the world. Cope, short men love making stuff up to feel comfortable with...
Unpopular opinions: Prince William
I was watching old videos of princess Diana with prince William and prince Harry and I noticed she was usually with prince Harry and interacting...
Mark Lamont Hill questions BLM founder who has become a multimillionaire
Every last one of them. People are suckers. Black folks always running on emotions. And stay getting caught up. 100%. The more things change...
Crying all the time
Lexapro/Celexa stopped working for me also. You need to change to something else. I also strongly recommend you getting checked for ADHD and be...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
I would love to know how long all of you think we’re going to be suffering through all this before the Breakup tbh my guess: we still have 6 or 7...
Dionne Warrick says Mariah , Brandy, Mary J and Toni are not icons
If that's true, then Aretha wasn't an icon. Dionne has had: -60 years in the business -69 charted singles on the hot 100 (she's also charted on...
Top Bottom