Quantcast

Was asked if I received the Covid vaccine during a job interview.

RoseAndThorn

They who deny the thorn should not crave the rose
Reaction score
Reactions
13,322 553 60
Alleybux
look at y’all in here thinking healthcare providers don’t lie everyday. Smfh.

Not you saying this thinking it will make what you did okay.

If you gon lie about this I can't imagine what else you will lie about,

anxietyangel

ihatemyanxiety
Reaction score
Reactions
196 3
Alleybux
Is it legal for them to even ask this? This is private health information. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth as well. I wouldn't lie though bc I'm not in the priority groups. I would've just told them that I'm respecting that there are limited vaccine access and I'm following the guidelines re high risk groups getting access first. I'm not mad at you for lying though.

I was wondering if that's even a legal question to ask also!

UrbanChaos

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,803 223 90
Alleybux
I’ve volunteered in a hospital and every year they asked if I had the flu shot or if I had the tb test. I don’t think this is illegal for the employer to ask. I do think that it’s immoral to lie about considering you can have covid and be asymptomatic and spread it to people, especially those that have compromised immune systems. Also, vaccines don’t take a billion years to make anymore, it’s 2021, we have new and better technology so I think that vaccines can be created a lot faster nowadays.

This!!!

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
Also, HIPPA rights could potentially go down the drain.

In a job interview, if one has been asked and disclosed their vaccination status (let's assume in this instance the person has had both shots), that could be considered you have voluntarily waived your rights under HIPPA.

And, having done it once, who's to say that it does not down the road imply having done so permanently? That could open up all kinds of floodgates to having personal health info leaked, sold, and so on.

First, it's HIPAA not HIPPA.

Girl your personal health information is breached and sold all the time and it was done before this vaccine. COVID-19 was the perfect storm for breaches across industries. What are you even talking about?

Since you want to bring up HIPAA, what about schools that ask for vaccine information ... is that voluntarily waiving your rights under HIPAA. Businesses themselves are barely able to deal with their own PII ... they don't want the liability of protecting health information because that's another regulator in their business. They will ask for your little card and keep it moving ... they ain't thinking about the last time you went to the doctor or what you have. Also, to get medical information you have to sign off on releasing it to a third party ... AT YOUR DOCTOR'S OFFICE IN PERSON? Have you ever actually had to release information because anyone that had to would know that healthcare providers do not care if you have authorization ... they want that person to sign off in person so they can ensure that it is YOU that are signing off. They are checking ID ... some places will ever asked for a notarized letter to protect themselves because they don't want that HIPAA fine and they don't want a lawsuit.

Report: Healthcare data breaches spiked 55% in 2020 - MedCity News

Zebulon77

zen by design
Reaction score
Reactions
97,417 4,681 3,448
Alleybux
It might be a HIPPA violation. That's especially the case because you are only in the interview phase.
However, you lied. That could be a problem for you if you take the job and then are asked to present proof that you have taken the vaccine.

Xfactor101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,388 169 79
Alleybux
I get your point but... COVID is in a whole different ballpark from HIV...

Y'all groaners really think COVID and HIV are in the same category?? I can't help you at this point

Really don't need (your) help. Some people follow CNN, the Government and other media outlets and believe every word that they say. People lining up like blind, deaf, dumb sheeple and its not even mandatory.

I'm taking a back seat on this one. The CEO of Pfizer hasn't even taken it. RED FLAG!!

They created a pandemic and a non-cure vaccine within months. Yes I said it. Non-cure. Now they are saying you need three shots per year and you can still contact Covid!! I have even heard that they were working on this vaccine for some years now. Then my question is, why were they creating a vaccine for a non existent pandemic.

I wonder what the employer would have done if OP said, no. "Sorry, we can't hire you". What's next, No buying and selling unless you take the vaccine?? No ma'am.

The Bible is being fulfilled right before our eyes.

Xfactor101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,388 169 79
Alleybux
I hope you lose the job, reasons like this why it will continue spreading. You will go into a clean environment where everyone is vaccinated to ruin everything. You don’t want the vaccine, be honest and leave the public alone.

This is illegal and will not work out well for you. You are directly dealing with the public and lying.

How is it illegal? Can you explain??

Xfactor101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,388 169 79
Alleybux
The problem to me is not that you are skeptical about the vaccine, but you lied in an interview. Where I'm from you can be terminated for this. If your coworkers find out it will lead to a tense work environment. If you lied about something so basic...what else will you lie about. I'm not trying to be mean, but start off on the right foot.
This is wrong/
I actually just had this convo with our legal team recently to see what I can/cannot require.
I can require all employees have the vaccine AND show proof.
This is wrong/
I actually just had this convo with our legal team recently to see what I can/cannot require.
I can require all employees have the vaccine AND show proof.

You can do a whole lot of things but that doesn't make it legal.

Employers can't require Covid-19 vaccination under an EUA ...
www.statnews.com › 2021/02/23 › federal-law-prohibits-

Xfactor101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,388 169 79
Alleybux
Furthermore, the Covid vaccine isn't even FDA approved. Agreeing to take it waives your right to sue if any negative consequences or death occurs as a result.

I salute you OP. Not mad at you at all. People acting as if they never lied before. Hell, everybody lie and if you say you don't you are lying right now. Do what is best for you in regard to this thing. We don't know what and how it will effect us. It's too soon.

Xfactor101

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,388 169 79
Alleybux
Thank you for saying this. Reading this post as a disabled person was scaring the mess out of me. People are really saying the healthcare workers should lie and then put us, who are already one of the most vulnerable community's, at an even higher risk? It was making me afraid to go to the doctor to be real.

It is never okay for health officials to lie
about something like a vaccine. Our lives are in their hands and they're playing and being encouraged to be corrupt? Yikes.

You always have to be careful going to a hospital. That's usually where sick people go.

This is a matter of personal rights and I don't want mine violated by anyone.

liltutetute

Thebest
Reaction score
Reactions
53,630 8,384 4,710
Alleybux
My job keeps asking me if I plan on getting the vaccine. I’ve told them no plenty of times. I’ve already had Covid, I still have antibodies. I’m not even in an at risk group. I’m not finna get it and they not gonna fire me for it cuz I’ll
tell them I have a disability and can’t take it. They will just have to let me work from home forever.

I’ll be damned before I take a vaccine not approved by the fda

Kammy_Kakes

Flight Attendant Bae
Reaction score
Reactions
209,826 8,191 6,493
Alleybux
They are going to start to use this as a way to weed out block people. I’m sure the girls in Miami are one step ahead - bet you can buy paperwork that says you got the shot.

My thing is this... are you going to ask someone with HIV if they’re taking meds? No? Because it’s their personal medical business right? Same thing should apply to the COVID vaccine.

I’m grateful I work from home but also my company is very liberal. Medicinal marijuana is covered under our job insurance so you think they give af if we get this shot or not?

There are going to be lawsuits if they force this vaccine on people at every turn.
Welllll I meeeean working with food, they ask for shot records for hep a & entering school....

SweetMimosa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,582 786 171
Alleybux
This is more of a social thing, they should have never asked you that question its none of their business. We are officially in the Twilight Zone people.

MrsTarheel

I’m always watching...
Reaction score
Reactions
652 14 4
Alleybux
Really don't need (your) help. Some people follow CNN, the Government and other media outlets and believe every word that they say. People lining up like blind, deaf, dumb sheeple and its not even mandatory.

I'm taking a back seat on this one. The CEO of Pfizer hasn't even taken it. RED FLAG!!

They created a pandemic and a non-cure vaccine within months. Yes I said it. Non-cure. Now they are saying you need three shots per year and you can still contact Covid!! I have even heard that they were working on this vaccine for some years now. Then my question is, why were they creating a vaccine for a non existent pandemic.

I wonder what the employer would have done if OP said, no. "Sorry, we can't hire you". What's next, No buying and selling unless you take the vaccine?? No ma'am.

Actually, the CEO of Pfizer has taken the vaccine.

https://www.axios.com/pfizer-ceo-coronavirus-vaccine-e7599596-a658-41ed-82fd-5389347c3f2b.html

Last edited:

MrsTarheel

I’m always watching...
Reaction score
Reactions
652 14 4
Alleybux

Actually, the CEO of Pfizer has taken the vaccine. ‍♀️

https://www.axios.com/pfizer-ceo-coronavirus-vaccine-e7599596-a658-41ed-82fd-5389347c3f2b.html

Iced tea

Every thumbs down I get gives me an orgasm
Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
Is it legal for them to even ask this? This is private health information. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth as well. I wouldn't lie though bc I'm not in the priority groups. I would've just told them that I'm respecting that there are limited vaccine access and I'm following the guidelines re high risk groups getting access first. I'm not mad at you for lying though.
You shoulda said you are exempt from the vaccine because of allergy issues. Nevertheless you take your supplements religiously to boost your immune system, and these have sustained through the pandemic.

Allergies and respecting my ass. I live in Miami and you both wouldn't have gotten hired. OP lied because she knows how people are.

Iced tea

Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
So you are a provider and a liar. I hope you don’t get hired. And if you do, fired.

You aren’t entitled to the job you want. You can always apply to a different employer that doesn’t require the vaccine.

You are the weakest link.
People need jobs man, you hoping a person lose their job for an experimental vaccination??? The amount of brainwashing you and you thumb ups have endured makes me sick.

BaeCole

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
273,153 6,668 6,001
Alleybux
I wish people would actually do research before spouting nonsense. Just say you're an anti-vaxxer. Some career require vaccines and even pay for you to get them. Some example or the HEP vaccines and rabies. I had to get both for my career field. I honestly don't know what people think is going to happen to them, but this is no different then denying your child required vaccines for school admission.

I just had this convo with my sister who was like she doesn't want to die from the vaccine. Idiot. And when I asked her what research she had done she said and I quote "I read something on Facebook." You already have a weakened immune system and you're playing with your health over some unverified sh!t you read on FB? OK. DO YOU.

Anyway, it's best not to lie when employers ask this because it can be verified.

Iced tea

Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
If the HIV positive person was a xes worker or working in other high risk environments you bet their medication status would be more than just their "personal business"

Sideeye to everyone that agreed with your comment. You can get COVID by sharing the same air as someone else! Not similar to HIV at ALL.
I'm sorry but WHAT? xes work is illegal for many reasons and the spread of disease is one of them. Anyone fµck!ng a xes worker with or without a condom is a dumb motherfµcker and deserve disease.

Jsolidus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,829 5,402 5,377
Alleybux
Employee health wont/cant ask for proof since the vaccine is not mandated.
I was thinking this too. And is it even legal to ask about ones health background? Unless the vaccine is a requirement because you're working in health or a school it should be illegal to even ask.

Molly Grue

¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Reaction score
Reactions
67,110 3,619 1,400
Alleybux
I'm sorry but WHAT? xes work is illegal for many reasons and the spread of disease is one of them. Anyone fµck!ng a xes worker with or without a condom is a dumb motherfµcker and deserve disease.

Your comment has nothing to do with what I said lol

Iced tea

Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
Your comment has nothing to do with what I said lol
You dont go balls deep in a prostitute and expect them to be clean. I dont give a fµck what they say.

Most Americans got disease, you dont just trust somebody. That makes anyone who does that a FOOL.

Furthermore you are comparing this to OP, OP lied to get food on her table. People lie 100 times more for fµck!ng less.

Molly Grue

¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Reaction score
Reactions
67,110 3,619 1,400
Alleybux
You dont go balls deep in a prostitute and expect them to be clean. I dont give a fµck what they say.

Most Americans got disease, you dont just trust somebody. That makes anyone who does that a FOOL.

Furthermore you are comparing this to OP, OP lied to get food on her table. People lie 100 times more for fµck!ng less.

Ew what?? You are coming out of left field with this and making the most gross comments in response to a convo you clearly don't understand. Please stop. No one thinks anyone should be raw dogging prostitutes, Jesus Christ.

Taloolo

headin back to the drawing board
Reaction score
Reactions
8,899 175 111
Alleybux

Don't understand why you quoted me with that explanation when no where in my post did I write nor indicate that you should take the vaccine. All I did was state a fact that is true regardless of one's stance, and if someone can't educate yourself on the differences between the two diseases then the person can continue to bask in his/her ignorance.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
My job keeps asking me if I plan on getting the vaccine. I’ve told them no plenty of times. I’ve already had Covid, I still have antibodies. I’m not even in an at risk group. I’m not finna get it and they not gonna fire me for it cuz I’ll
tell them I have a disability and can’t take it. They will just have to let me work from home forever.

I’ll be damned before I take a vaccine not approved by the fda

You have to show documentaton of a disability. Sometimes extensive. Just to prove I have a hearing loss ... I had to show the actual hearing test even tho they can't read it and get a letter from my doctor stating my disability. No the doctor's letter was not enough. Saying you have a disability does not mean you have to be accommodated and the amount of proof you have to show ... you better have a good one and documentation because sometimes they will call your doctor. Also, if the accommodation you are asking for isn't something that is doable ... they don't have to give you anything ... they can be nice and give you a different one, but not exactly what you want.

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
I'm scared. I know dying from it is one in a million but what if I am the millionth!
and you potentially have a higher chance of contracting severe covid than effects from the vaccine. There are risks for everything sadly ): but I'd rather take the vaccine than have long term effects from Covid or even die too.

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
I hope you lose the job, reasons like this why it will continue spreading. You will go into a clean environment where everyone is vaccinated to ruin everything. You don’t want the vaccine, be honest and leave the public alone.

This is illegal and will not work out well for you. You are directly dealing with the public and lying.
Exactly

TheFinalLevel

Summertime
Reaction score
Reactions
74,432 873 640
Alleybux
If it isn't legal now for them to ask and require it, it will be by the end of 2021.

Came in here to say that this is correct. It will be required for everything in this country. Y'all can sit and whine all you want about rights and freedom, but you will comply at the end of the day as long as you live in this country.

Either way OP lied on the interview and she will be found out.

You already take the damn flu shot and other shots required to be in schools and universities already....stop it.

Ms Muse

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,325 1,532 718
Alleybux
My cousin has leukemia, she can't get the vaccin. Now the family, friends and even some neighbors signed on for the vaccin. It's a small sacrifice for us and potentially lifesaving for her.
Deciding on the vaccin is a personal choice. But you can't fault a private company in wanting to keep all their workers safe. let's say you're a boss and have 1000 people working under you, and you're sick or one of your workers is, if the law allows you ofcourse you want your staff to be vaccinated. Don't agree? than you are free to find employment elsewhere.

The reason this vaccin been made in such little time is because of technological breakthroughs and scientific discoveries. When people say that before it took 10 years to make a vaccin and now just one year. They don't keep in account that, before we did not have the same advanced technology as we do now. Our technology is way more advanced than let's say 30 years ago. All the data scientist collected over the decades and trials they done benefited the search for this vaccin. The discovery of MRNA alone, will mean that from now on vaccins won't take long to make, a whole new era in vaccinology. The whole world was working together, so many scientists were looking for a cure, this also answers for the speed in which these vaccins were made.
Can't you still get and transmit COVID even with the vaccine? I'm not anti-vax, I've gotten my shots. But I still wear my mask around vulnerable family members because the vaccine only protects me from major symptoms, not those around me.

DutchMeisje

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,037 597 182
Alleybux
Can't you still get and transmit COVID even with the vaccine? I'm not anti-vax, I've gotten my shots. But I still wear my mask around vulnerable family members because the vaccine only protects me from major symptoms, not those around me.

Excellent question!. So far there are no definitive answers they still testing this. But from everything I found the vaccine I have (Pfizer) is supposed to keep me from transmitting any virus. Moderna does the same.

This is some of what I found:

“Ten vaccines have proved effective at protecting people from developing symptoms of Covid-19, the disease that can result from infection with SARS-CoV-2. Less is known about how well some of the various inoculations prevent people from getting an asymptomatic infection or passing the virus on to others. But preliminary evidence suggests that two vaccines, one from Moderna Inc. and another from Pfizer Inc.and BioNTech SE, are highly protective against the spread of the virus in addition to symptoms, and another from AstraZeneca Plc does a reasonably good job”

Till they have more definitive answers I will keep wearing masks when I am with vulnerable people. I do take more liberties when I am around healthy vaccinated friends and family.

Last edited: