Quantcast

Weaves, Weaves, Weaves... truths and misconceptions

Moremi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
631 30 17
Alleybux
I am a weave head... I've tried wigs and they didnt work out for me... So I am probably one of the only few poeple still wearing weaves.

I have personally tired:
Relaxed texture (current texture)
Indian Curly
Processed and virgin Indian Wavy
Indian straight
Kinky Curly(indian)

This thread is really for asking questions, sharing experiences, and learning.

So the most annoying thing I see is "raw cambodia, brazillian, peruvian" bish.. thats process chinese/indian hair - Be honest about your textures.
I also hate hate people that just up and sell hair, no knowledge, just sell hair...

Mavis Gary

Young Adult
Reaction score
Reactions
69,360 1,698 714
Alleybux
Um why do you feel like you are in the minority with wearing weaves? Just because all the instathots wear wigs doesn't mean us normal folk do. Plenty, plenty of people still rocking weaves.

What's the diff between a wig and a unit?

THE GREAT 1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
63,680 1,541 264
Alleybux
How is a unit different from a wig?

Well it actually is but it's fitted to your head (at least the ones I have are) and can be cut how you like it. One of mine is curly but can be blown dry and worn straight.

Long story short....
The women who use to do my curly weaves died. She was an excellent stylish and was able to make my weaves look natural because (I liked a center part with no leave out). After her passing I tried other stylist and no one could give me that natural look I liked. I tried on wigs and thought they looked very fake and were ill-fitting on me.

Fast forward years later I'm at the shop getting my nails done and I see someone having a unit fitted. I decide to try one and voile' I love it. I slip it off at night and can still take care of my natural hair underneath.

Moremi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
631 30 17
Alleybux
Laniks hair...its not as kinky as I would want but its easy for me to get.
I think chinese origin may be better, what i am using is indian hair.
edited to add Disclaimer... i used to own lanikshair.. and its still run by family. I am not advertising
Where did you fee the relaxed texture from?

Moremi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
631 30 17
Alleybux
i personally havent but ordered for my sister from Kinkistry - she loves it and wants to order more.
She got like 2-3 installs from it and it was colored.
have you tried afro kinky curly weaves?

the ones resembling 4c hair?

I am natural,that is the only weave that blends effortlessly.

Moremi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
631 30 17
Alleybux
Ive noticed that Hair from Ali Baba vendors are expensive... more expensive than ordering from Indian Vendors.

BTW... a lot of vendors are now on Amazon, I think this may be a better option than Ali baba

Moremi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
631 30 17
Alleybux
I just found something really cool....really good vendors are in indonesia. Please let google be your friend.

Moremi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
631 30 17
Alleybux
I hate to do stuff like this.. but since this thread is not popping.. and I can delete later

I just found this peoples vendor - Purely by mistake
http://www.sensationnel.com/

Vendor is
HAIR STAR INDONESIA

You can tell from the shipment data.
Pt Hair Star Indonesia Exporter Data to USA

Hair star is obviously a manufacturer and will most likely only take large orders, they look like they supply beauty supply stores and even chinese vendors.

This is how I find my vendors, it's a long annoying process...

Juny.B.Jones

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
289,379 8,018 6,613
Alleybux
@Moremi yep I found a lot like that too in China. Those venders supplied hair to other countries because I had never heard of those weave brands

soco90766

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
356 1
Alleybux
Ive noticed that Hair from Ali Baba vendors are expensive... more expensive than ordering from Indian Vendors.

BTW... a lot of vendors are now on Amazon, I think this may be a better option than Ali baba

Thanks for suggesting Amazon. I didn't even think of it as an option but I looked and found some pretty good stuff on there. Same price but better return policy [emoji1474]

Gonna order a 360 frontal with 2 bundles and hope for the best

Moremi

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
631 30 17
Alleybux
Yes its a better return policy and payment and the prices arent that bad.

Good luck.
Thanks for suggesting Amazon. I didn't even think of it as an option but I looked and found some pretty good stuff on there. Same price but better return policy [emoji1474]

Gonna order a 360 frontal with 2 bundles and hope for the best