General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,431 566 612
Alleybux
Weighing the Costs of Speaking Out About Harvey Weinstein

Weighing the Costs of Speaking Out About Harvey Weinstein

--New Accusers, Darryl Hannah and Annabella Sciorra--

In March, Annabella Sciorra, who received an Emmy nomination for her role in “The Sopranos,” agreed to talk with me for a story I was reporting about Harvey Weinstein. Speaking by phone, I explained that two sources had told me that she had a serious allegation regarding the producer. Sciorra, however, told me that Weinstein had never done anything inappropriate. Perhaps she just wasn’t his type, she said, with an air of what seemed to be studied nonchalance. But, two weeks ago, after The New Yorker published the story, in which thirteen women accused Weinstein of xesual assault and harassment, Sciorra called me. The truth, she said, was that she had been struggling to speak about Weinstein for more than twenty years. She was still living in fear of him, and slept with a baseball bat by her bed. Weinstein, she told me, had violently raped her in the early nineteen-nineties, and, over the next several years, xesually harassed her repeatedly.

“I was so scared. I was looking out the window of my living room, and I faced the water of the East River,” she said, recalling our initial conversation. “I really wanted to tell you. I was like, ‘This is the moment you’ve been waiting for your whole life. . . .’ ” she said. “I really, really panicked,” she added. “I was shaking. And I just wanted to get off the phone.”

All told, more than fifty women have now levelled accusations against Weinstein, in accounts published by the New York Times, The New Yorker, and other outlets. But many other victims have continued to be reluctant to talk to me about their experiences, declining interview requests or initially agreeing to talk and then wavering. As more women have come forward, the costs of doing so have certainly shifted. But many still say that they face overwhelming pressures to stay silent, ranging from the spectre of career damage to fears about the life-altering consequences of being marked as xesual-assault victims. “Now when I go to a restaurant or to an event, people are going to know that this happened to me,” Sciorra said. “They’re gonna look at me and they’re gonna know. I’m an intensely private person, and this is the most unprivate thing you can do.”

The actress Daryl Hannah told me this week about two incidents that occurred, during the early aughts, in which Weinstein pounded on her hotel-room door until she, in one case, escaped out a back entrance. When it happened again the following day, she barricaded herself in her room using furniture. Another time, Weinstein asked her if he could touch her breasts. She believes that, after she refused, Weinstein retaliated against her professionally. “I am a private person, with a rule of speaking to the press only for professional reasons,” she told me. Hannah said that she had decided to speak publicly about her experiences for the first time, more than a decade after they occurred, because “I feel a moral obligation to support the women who have suffered much more egregious transgressions.” She, like many women who have come forward, still had doubts about the trade-offs she would have to make for speaking openly. “It’s one of those things your body has to adjust to. You get dragged into the gutter of nastiness and pettiness and shame and all of these things, and it sometimes seems healthier and wiser to just move on with your life and not allow yourself to be re-victimized.”

A woman who appeared anonymously in my previous article, alleging that Weinstein raped her while she worked for him, and who has chosen to remain nameless, told me that she has yet to tell even people close to her about the full extent of her allegation. “I want to be braver. I really do,” she told me. “I want to be able to put my name to this and talk through what happened, but I am surrounded by people who, the first thing they’ll do is read this article, and I’ll be working three desks from them, and they’ll know details of my life I haven’t even told my family.” For many women, this was the most difficult decision of their lives. Sciorra, too, still has doubts. “Even now, as I tell you, and have had all these women around saying it’s O.K.,” Sciorra told me, “I'm petrified again.”

Sallie Hofmeister, a spokesperson for Weinstein, issued a statement in response to the allegations by Sciorra and Hannah. “Mr. Weinstein unequivocally denies any allegations of non-consensual xes,” she said.

Sciorra first met Weinstein in the early nineties, when she was an emerging star after appearing in films such as “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle.” Her agent introduced them at an industry party in Los Angeles. Weinstein was friendly, she said, and gave her a ride home; they talked about their shared love of film. Several months later, when her friend Warren Leight was trying to get a romantic-comedy screenplay he’d written made, Sciorra called Weinstein about it. Weinstein said that he wanted to make the film, which was called “The Night We Never Met,” and to start filming with Sciorra in a leading role. He wanted her to start work immediately after she finished two back-to-back shoots she already had planned for that summer. “I said, ‘Harvey, I cannot do this right now. I need some time,’ ” she recalled. “That’s the first time he threatened to sue me.” (Sources close to Weinstein deny that he threatened to sue Sciorra.)

After Sciorra finished making “The Night We Never Met,” she said that she became ensconced in “this circle of Miramax,” referring to Weinstein’s studio, which was then gaining an increasingly dominant role in the industry. There were so many screenings and events and dinners, Sciorra said, that it was hard to imagine life outside of the Weinstein ecosystem. At one dinner, in New York, she recalled, “Harvey was there, and I got up to leave. And Harvey said, ‘Oh, I'll drop you off.’ Harvey had dropped me off before, so I didn’t really expect anything out of the ordinary—I expected just to be dropped off.” In the car, Weinstein said goodbye to Sciorra, and she went upstairs to her apartment. She was alone and getting ready for bed a few minutes later when she heard a knock on the door. “It wasn’t that late,” she said. “Like, it wasn’t the middle of the night, so I opened the door a crack to see who it was. And he pushed the door open.” She paused to collect herself. Weinstein, she continued, “walked in like it was his apartment, like he owned the place, and started unbuttoning his shirt. So it was very clear where he thought this was going to go. And I was in a nightgown. I didn’t have much on.” He circled the apartment; to Sciorra, it appeared that he was checking whether anyone else was there.

Sciorra told me that listening to a recording from 2015 that The New Yorker released earlier this month, in which Weinstein is heard demanding that a model enter his hotel room, “really triggered me.” Sciorra remembered Weinstein employing the same tactics as he cornered her, backing her into her bedroom. “Come here, come on, cut it out, what are you doing, come here,” she remembered him saying. She tried to be assertive. “This is not happening,” she told him. “You’ve got to go. You have to leave. Get out of my apartment.”

Then Weinstein grabbed her, she said. “He shoved me onto the bed, and he got on top of me.” Sciorra struggled. “I kicked and I yelled,” she said, but Weinstein locked her arms over her head with one hand and forced xesual intercourse on her. “When he was done, he ejaculated on my leg, and on my nightgown.” It was a family heirloom, handed down from relatives in Italy and embroidered in white cotton. “He said, ‘I have impeccable timing,’ and then he said, ‘This is for you.’ ” Sciorra paused. “And then he attempted to perform oral xes on me. And I struggled, but I had very little strength left in me.” Sciorra said that her body started to shake violently. “I think, in a way, that’s what made him leave, because it looked like I was having a seizure or something.”

In the weeks and months that followed the alleged attack, Sciorra didn’t tell anyone about it. “Like most of these women, I was so ashamed of what happened,” she said. “And I fought. I fought. But still I was like, Why did I open that door? Who opens the door at that time of night? I was definitely embarrassed by it. I felt disgusting. I felt like I had fµcked up.” She grew depressed and lost weight. Her father, unaware of the attack but concerned for her well-being, urged her to seek help, and she did see a therapist, but, she said, “I don’t even think I told the therapist. It’s pathetic.”
Sciorra never spoke to the police. Neither did the anonymous woman who alleged rape in the earlier New Yorker article, although two others did. The anonymous woman said that, although “I regret not being maybe stronger in the moment,” her fears that charging Weinstein publicly might change her life permanently were too great. “It’s hard to know. . . . It’s like choosing a different life path.”

Some of the obstacles that Sciorra and other women believed they faced were related to Weinstein’s power in the film industry. Sciorra said that she felt the impact on her livelihood almost immediately. “From 1992, I didn’t work again until 1995,” she said. “I just kept getting this pushback of ‘We heard you were difficult; we heard this or that.’ I think that that was the Harvey machine.” The actress Rosie Perez, a friend who was among the first to discuss Sciorra’s allegations with her, told me, “She was riding high, and then she started acting weird and getting reclusive. It made no sense. Why did this woman, who was so talented, and riding so high, doing hit after hit, then all of a sudden fall off the map? It hurts me as a fellow-actress to see her career not flourish the way it should have.”

Several years later, Sciorra did begin working again. Weinstein again pursued her with unwanted xesual advances, she said. In 1995, she was in London shooting “The Innocent Sleep,” which Weinstein did not produce. According to Sciorra, Weinstein began leaving her messages, demanding that she call him or that they meet at his hotel. “I don’t know how he found me,” she said. “I’d come home from work and there’d be a message that Harvey Weinstein had called. This went on and on.” He sent cars to her hotel to bring her to him, which she ignored. One night, he showed up at her room and began pounding on the door, she said. “For nights after, I couldn't sleep. I piled furniture in front of the door, like in the movies.” Finally, she pleaded with Matthew Vaughn, then a twenty-two-year-old producer on the film, and more recently a prominent director, to move her secretly to a different hotel. (Vaughn said that he recalled booking her a room elsewhere.)

Two years later, Sciorra appeared in the crime drama “Cop Land” as Liz Randone, the wife of a corrupt police officer. She said that she auditioned for the part without realizing at first that it was a Miramax film, and she learned that Weinstein’s company was involved only when she began contract negotiations. (A person close to Weinstein contested this, saying that the script had the studio’s name on it.) In May, 1997, shortly before the film’s release, she went to the Cannes Film Festival. When she checked into the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc, in Antibes, France, a Miramax associate told her that Weinstein’s room would be next to hers. “My heart just sank,” Sciorra recalled. Early one morning, while she was still asleep, there was a knock on the door. Groggy, and thinking she must have forgotten about an early hair-and-makeup call, she opened the door. “There’s Harvey in his underwear, holding a bottle of baby oil in one hand and a tape, a movie, in the other,” she recalled. “And it was horrific, because I'd been there before.” Sciorra said that she ran from Weinstein. “He was closing in really quickly, and I pressed all the call buttons for valet service and room service. I kept pressing all of them until someone showed up.” Weinstein retreated, she said, when hotel staff arrived.

Over time, Sciorra opened up to a small number of people. Perez said that she heard from an acquaintance about Weinstein’s behavior at the hotel in London and questioned Sciorra about what happened. Sciorra told Perez about the attack in her apartment, and Perez, who was xesually assaulted by a relative during her childhood, began crying. “I said, ‘Oh, Annabella, you’ve gotta go to the police.’ She said, ‘I can’t go to the police. He’s destroying my career.’ ”

Unlike Sciorra, Daryl Hannah, who is known for her roles in “Splash,” “Wall Street,” and many other films, told colleagues about what had happened to her. “I did tell people about it,” she told me. “And it didn’t matter.” Hannah first met Weinstein at the Cannes Film Festival, in the early aughts, before she appeared in “Kill Bill: Volume 1,” which Weinstein produced. She was returning to her room at the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc, the same hotel where Sciorra said Weinstein harassed her. She saw Weinstein, who was at a reception in the hotel bar nearby. He called her over, and told her that he loved her work. Then he asked for her room number so that he could call her to schedule a meeting.

continued

Last edited by a moderator:

ettbette

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,431 566 612
Alleybux
Unlike Sciorra, Daryl Hannah, who is known for her roles in “Splash,” “Wall Street,” and many other films, told colleagues about what had happened to her. “I did tell people about it,” she told me. “And it didn’t matter.” Hannah first met Weinstein at the Cannes Film Festival, in the early aughts, before she appeared in “Kill Bill: Volume 1,” which Weinstein produced. She was returning to her room at the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc, the same hotel where Sciorra said Weinstein harassed her. She saw Weinstein, who was at a reception in the hotel bar nearby. He called her over, and told her that he loved her work. Then he asked for her room number so that he could call her to schedule a meeting.

“That seemed pretty normal to me, you know, how people talk in business, and I didn’t know his reputation or anything,” Hannah said. She was in her room, already in her pajamas and getting ready for bed, when the phone calls started. “It felt like it was too late to have a meeting. I didn’t want to answer.” Though she didn’t pick up, she guessed that it was Weinstein. “And then, shortly thereafter, the knocking on the door began,” she told me. “It was sort of incessant, and then it started turning into pounding on my door,” she said. She was certain that it was Weinstein—as she recalls, she saw him through the peephole in the door. The pounding became so frightening that Hannah, who was staying on the ground floor, left her room via an exterior door. She spent the night in her makeup artist’s room. The following evening, Hannah was in her room with the makeup artist, packing her things ahead of their departure the next morning, when the pounding on the door began again. “The knocking started again and again. And I was like, ‘Oh, sh!t,’ ” Hannah recalled. “We actually pushed a dresser in front of the door and just kind of huddled in the room.” The next morning, as they left, Weinstein was standing outside the hotel, and appeared, she felt, to be waiting for her. She left quickly and went to the airport.

Several years later, while she was promoting “Kill Bill: Volume 2,” Hannah was in Rome for the film’s Italian première. She and the rest of the cast were scheduled to depart the following morning on a private plane belonging to Miramax. The première was followed by a reception, after which Hannah was in her suite at the Hassler Roma hotel with another hair-and-makeup artist, Steeve Daviault. The two had changed into their pajamas and were sitting on Hannah’s bed with an order of room-service spaghetti, watching a Sophia Loren movie, when Weinstein entered the bedroom. “He had a key,” Hannah recalled. “He came through the living room and into the bedroom. He just burst in like a raging bull. And I know with every fibre of my being that if my male makeup artist was not in that room, things would not have gone well. It was scary.” Daviault remembered the incident vividly. “I was there to keep her safe,” he told me.

When Hannah asked Weinstein what he was doing, he became flustered and angry, she said. Weinstein demanded that she get dressed and attend a party downstairs. Hannah pointed out that no one had ever mentioned a party. Weinstein stormed out, and she quickly took off her glasses and pajamas, donned a dress, and headed downstairs. When she arrived at the reception room Weinstein had mentioned, it was “completely empty,” Hannah recalled. “And it wasn’t even like there had been a party there. I didn’t see drinks around.” As she turned to leave, Weinstein was standing by the elevator. Hannah asked him what was happening and Weinstein replied, “Are your tits real?” Then he asked if he could feel them. “I said, ‘No, you can’t!’ And then he said, ‘At least flash me, then.’ And I said, ‘fµck off, Harvey.’ ” She took the elevator back to her room and went to sleep.

“I experienced instant repercussions,” she told me. The next morning, the Miramax private plane left without Hannah on it. Her flights for a trip to Cannes for the film’s French première were cancelled, as were her hotel room in Cannes and her hair-and-makeup artist for the festival. “I called everybody,” she recalled, including her manager, a producer on the film, and its director, Quentin Tarantino, who has since told the Times that he knew enough, from his years collaborating with Weinstein, to have done more to stop him, and regrets his failure to do so. “I called all the powers that be and told them what had happened,” Hannah said. “And that I thought that was the repercussion, you know, the backlash from my experience.”

“And it didn’t matter,” Hannah said. “I think that it doesn’t matter if you’re a well-known actress, it doesn’t matter if you’re twenty or if you’re forty, it doesn’t matter if you report or if you don’t, because we are not believed. We are more than not believed—we are berated and criticized and blamed.”

Other women told me that Hannah’s fear of retaliation was well-founded. The actress Ellen Barkin told me that, though she was never a victim of Weinstein’s xesual advances, he frequently verbally abused her, calling her a “cunt” and “cunt b!tch” during the filming of “Into the West,” which he produced. “The repercussions are real,” she said. “I was terrified Harvey was going to make it impossible to go back to work, with those tentacles of his.” She continued, “This fear of losing your career is not losing your ticket to a borrowed dress and earrings someone paid you to wear. It’s losing your ability to support yourself, to support your family, and this is fµck!ng real whether you are the biggest movie star or the lowest-pay-grade assistant.”

Many of the women with allegations about Weinstein told me that the forces that kept them quiet continue to this day. Beginning in the early months of this year, Weinstein and his associates began calling women to determine who had spoken to the press. Three women who received those calls in the weeks leading up to the Times story said that they were pressed for details about their communications with reporters. The calls nearly silenced them. In addition, Sciorra and several other individuals connected to the story received calls from a man they believed was working for Weinstein and posing as a journalist, who offered few details about himself and did not name any publication he was working for. “He said he was doing a piece about how movies have changed in the last thirty years, and I was like, ‘You fucker.’ ”

Sciorra and others said that Weinstein has a reputation for using the press to smear and intimidate people he sees as threats. “I’ve known now for a long time how powerful Harvey became, and how he owned a lot of journalists and gossip columnists,” Sciorra told me. Three sources with knowledge of the activities of Miramax Books corroborated some of Sciorra’s suspicions, saying that Weinstein would offer book deals to gossip columnists. The implication, both sources felt, was that he was trying to influence them. Weinstein’s reputation for manipulating the media created an atmosphere of paranoia. During one of our conversations, Sciorra said to me, “As I was talking to you, I got scared that it wasn’t really you.”

The power of the tabloid press to help silence women has been underscored in recent weeks. While there has been an enormous outpouring of support for those who have spoken out against Weinstein, there has also been a backlash. Asia Argento, an Italian actress who alleged, in the earlier New Yorker story, that Weinstein forcibly performed oral xes on her, and also described, in all its nuance, their ensuing relationship, which included consensual xes, told me that, when she decided to speak, she was knowingly sacrificing her reputation. “This will completely destroy me,” she predicted.

Since her story was made public, she has fled her native Italy, following public shaming there. The journalist Renato Farina wrote an article about her in the conservative daily Libero, titled “First they give it away, then they whine and pretend to repent.” In a radio interview, the paper’s editor, Vittorio Feltri, said that Argento should be thankful that Weinstein had forced oral xes on her. Some women joined the chorus, including the commentator Selvaggia Lucarelli. She suggested that it was not “legitimate” to raise an allegation twenty years after the fact.

“I knew, when I spoke up, that things would be difficult. That there would be some who would doubt me, mock me, even malign me. I knew this,” Argento told me this week. “But I was unprepared for the naked contempt, the unapologetically hateful public shaming and vilification I received in my own country. Much of it from women. Women! . . . It hurt me. Badly.”

Sciorra said that the attacks on Argento and other accusers reinforced her fears about speaking out, but they also finally made her believe that she had no choice but to do so. “The way they’re treating Asia, and the way they’re treating a lot of women, is so infuriating,” she said. The attempts to downplay the significance of Argento’s allegations made her realize the importance of her own story. “O.K., you want rape?” she said, addressing those commentators who questioned whether Argento’s experience qualified. “Here’s fµck!ng rape.”

Virtually all the women I talked to who were struggling with whether to speak publicly said that advice from friends, loved ones, and colleagues was a deciding factor. Sciorra was one of several who told me that those they had consulted urged them to stay quiet. “I spoke with two people in the business who I’ve known for a while, and they were very clearly against me saying anything,” she told me. “And they were people I always really trusted and I respect. And they felt that no good could come out of it. Immediately, the response was ‘Stay as far away from this as possible.’ ”

Rosie Perez said that she urged Sciorra to speak by describing her own experience of going public about her assault. “I told her, ‘I used to tread water for years. It’s fµck!ng exhausting, and maybe speaking out, that’s your lifeboat. Grab on and get out,’ ” Perez recalled. “I said, ‘Honey, the water never goes away. But, after I went public, it became a puddle and I built a bridge over it, and one day you’re gonna get there, too.’ ”

Ronan Farrow, a television and print reporter, is the author of the upcoming book “War on Peace: The End of Diplomacy and the Decline of American Influence.”

Last edited:

Ladybug1985

ebony
Reaction score
Reactions
29,150 554 177
Alleybux
Wow...What woman in Hollywood didn't this monster harass? He was bold as hell showing up to these women's hotel rooms half ass nake demanding xes. He was/is a got damn demon. If everyone in Hollywood knew about him the women....especially the famous women could have bought him down years ago. He don't need rehab this SOB needs to be in prison. He is a serial rapist.

MrsTresvant

Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,499 20,159 17,409
Alleybux
Holy sh!t, please tell me Annabella kept that vintage nightgown?

Also, wasn't the word on the curb that she fell off due to drugs or something?

This dude seems like a serial rapist and plausibly a murderer...ain't no telling what he's capable of.

me222

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,166 3,573 526
Alleybux
Actress Annabella Sciorra says Harvey Weinstein raped her in her apartment in the '90s
portrait-actress-annabella-sciorra.jpg

Emmy-nominated actress Annabella Sciorra told The New Yorker that Harvey Weinstein violently raped her in her apartment in the 1990s.
(James Keivom/New York Daily News)

Updated: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 1:13 AM

For more than 20 years, actress Annabella Sciorra says she has kept a horrific secret: Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein raped her in the 1990s, and xesually harassed her for years later.

Sciorra, 53, an Emmy-nominated actress for her role in “The Sopranos” and a film actress with credits like Spike Lee’s “Jungle Fever” to her name, on Friday became the latest in a string of at least 50 women to accuse Weinstein of xesual abuse and harassment.

The alleged rape occurred sometime around 1992, when Sciorra filmed “The Night We Never Met,” which was backed by Miramax, Weinstein’s then company.

She’d known Weinstein for a few years, she said. They often saw each other at events, dinners and screenings, and after one such evening in New York, she said, Weinstein offered to give her a ride home.

weinstein.jpg

Harvey Weinstein, who recently did a week at a therapy facility, denies all allegations of nonconsensual xes.
(Richard Shotwell/AP)

“Harvey had dropped me off before, so I didn’t really expect anything out of the ordinary – I expected just to be dropped off,” the petite Italian-American actress told The New Yorker. Weinstein drove her home and said goodbye, and Sciorra went to her apartment and got ready for bed.

A few minutes later, someone knocked at the door. “It wasn’t that late ... like it wasn’t the middle of the night, so I opened the door a crack to see who it was. And he pushed the door open,” she told The New Yorker.

Weinstein “walked in like it was his apartment, like he owned the place, and started unbuttoning his shirt. So it was very clear where he thought this was going to go. And I was in a nightgown. I didn’t have much on,” the actress said.

After he’d taken a circuit of the apartment – apparently making sure they were alone, Sciorra said – he grabbed at her. “This is not happening,” she told him, according to The New Yorker. “You’ve got to go. You have to leave. Get out of my apartment.”

But Weinstein wouldn’t budge. He cornered her in the bedroom, she said. She remembered him saying things like, “Come here, come on, cut it out, what are you doing, come here,” the magazine reported.

“He shoved me onto the bed, and he got on top of me. I kicked and I yelled,” she said in the interview. But Weinstein, now 65, held her down, with her hands over her head, she told The New Yorker. She fought him – wearing a white cotton nightgown that was a family heirloom from Italy.

“When he was done, he ejaculated on my leg, and on my nightgown. He said, ‘I have impeccable timing,’ and then he said, ‘This is for you,’” Sciorra told The New Yorker.

“And then he attempted to perform oral xes on me. And I struggled, but I had very little strength left in me,” she said. Weinstein left, and Sciorra said she never spoke of the rape and never went to police.

But her work began to dry up; rumors that she was “difficult” came back to her, she told The New Yorker. From 1992 to 1995, she got no work, she said in the interview.

She finally got a job in “The Innocent Sleep” and went to London where, she said, Weinstein began calling her hotel. Sciorra said Weinstein sent cars to the hotel and one night pounded on her room door. She asked the film producer to find her another place to stay, The New Yorker said.

115887017ml037-65th-annual.jpg

The alleged rape by Weinstein occurred sometime around 1992, when Annabella Sciorra (pictured) filmed Miramax's “The Night We Never Met." (Jason Kempin/Getty Images)

Similar incidents occurred over the next few years, she alleged, the worst in 1997 when Sciorra found out Weinstein was in the room next to hers at the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc. “My heart just sank,” Sciorra told The New Yorker.

Early one morning, someone knocked on the door, she said. “There’s Harvey in his underwear, holding a bottle of baby oil in one hand and a tape, a movie, in the other. And it was horrific, because I’d been there before,” she told The New Yorker. She ran for the hotel room phone.

“He was closing in really quickly, and I pressed all the call buttons for valet service and room service,” she said, adding that the burly producer left when a hotel staffer arrived. Weinstein, who did a week at a therapy facility after initial allegations surfaced, denies all allegations of nonconsensual xes.

“Splash” actress Darryl Hannah also detailed hair-raising incidents with Weinstein for The New Yorker on Friday – although she said he was never able to get her alone.

special-screening-greedy-lying-bastards.jpg

“Splash” actress Darryl Hannah also detailed hair-raising incidents with Weinstein for The New Yorker.
(Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

On one press junket overseas, she said, for a Weinstein film, he strolled into her hotel suite late at night after letting himself in with his own key, she told The New Yorker.

“He came through the living room and into the bedroom. He just burst in like a raging bull. And I know with every fiber of my being that if my male makeup artist was not in that room, things would not have gone well. It was scary,” she said in the interview.

Annabella Sciorra says Weinstein busted into home, raped her

FaithfulMirror

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,315 944 863
Alleybux
I remember her working then disappearing after rumors came out about how difficult she was. I definitely believe this.

Casimira

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,936 1,362 308
Alleybux
Weinstein is a manipulator, he uses power and influence to back women in the corner. He doesn't sound like the kind of predator that randomly attacks you while wearing you white Italian heirloom dress in the middle of the night.

You must have missed all the accounts told by other actresses, assistants, etc. who said HW showed up at their apartments or hotel rooms late at night and chased them around the room. Many of them hid in the bathroom or were lucky that they weren't alone.

He raped another actress in the EXACT SAME WAY. He knocked on her door when she was already dressed for bed.

IN THE SAME ARTICLE, Darryl Hannah says HW aggressively knocked on her door late at night and she barricaded the door with furniture.

EDIT: You are pathetic for groaning me. I didn't even groan you at first even though your post was ignorant as hell. You should thank me for educating your ass.

Last edited:

dirtysexytalk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,608 498 39
Alleybux
Harvey Weinstein is no different from Ted Bundy, The Night Stalker and other serial rapists. He needs to die in prison. How couldn't Matt Damon, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lawrence and Meryl Streep know, come on Meryl! Her statement was so condescending and self-involved. A lot of these people didn't wanna say they knew because it makes them seem guilty, selfish and cowardly.

I have lost all respect for Quentin Tarantino. Once upon a time, QT, was considered the only filmmaker writing quality roles for women. But, he was still working with Weinstein, a man that xesually assaulted his girlfriend and actresses. He doesn't do anything to speak out about it, prevent it or fight back. So many women fell for his champion of strong women act. Total bµllsh!t. He was literally gaining power and making money while women were suffering for his movies. He always use to talk about how "good" Harvey Weinstein was for him.

Casimira

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,936 1,362 308
Alleybux
Holy sh!t, please tell me Annabella kept that vintage nightgown?

Also, wasn't the word on the curb that she fell off due to drugs or something?

This dude seems like a serial rapist and plausibly a murderer...ain't no telling what he's capable of.

You do have to wonder if he's had someone killed. He's a sociopath.

Casimira

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,936 1,362 308
Alleybux
I have lost all respect for Quentin Tarantino. Once upon a time, QT, was considered the only filmmaker writing quality roles for women. But, he was still working with Weinstein, a man that xesually assaulted his girlfriend and actresses. He doesn't do anything to speak out about it, prevent it or fight back. So many women fell for his champion of strong women act. Total bµllsh!t. He was literally gaining power and making money while women were suffering for his movies. He always use to talk about how "good" Harvey Weinstein was for him.

His own girlfriend (Mira), his friend's girlfriend (Rose), actresses in his movies (Daryl Hannah). QT is pathetic.

I've lost so much respect for artists that I used to admire.

The only people that look decent: Angelina Jolie (never worked with him again and warned others), Ronan Farrow (brave reporting), that Italian model who tried to press charges that everyone thought was just a hoe, a few writers and directors who refused to work with HW.

fashionfreak

Queen B
Reaction score
Reactions
160,084 5,392 5,607
Alleybux
Wooow. You rape her then make sure she doesn't get work? Foul beyond belief. UGHHHHHHH!!!!! DISGUSTING PIG!!! I AM SO ANGRY on behalf of all these women. Ew ew ew ew.

FunkyMind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,203 878 107
Alleybux
On one press junket overseas, she said, for a Weinstein film, he strolled into her hotel suite late at night after letting himself in with his own key, she told The New Yorker.
Wtf?! Who gave him a key?

brockhampton

JK Rowling STAN
Reaction score
Reactions
130,841 3,780 1,913
Alleybux
why haven't they killed this sicko yet? they need to make an example out of him to show rapists that their behavior will not be tolerated

DisplacedVanity

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,466 1,828 1,320
Alleybux
I like Annabella, loved her on L&O, The Sopranos, etc. This story just made my heart sink. She was not only violently raped and humiliated, but blackballed for NO reason. Imagine getting raped and then barred from working in your field for an indefinite amount of years all because you didn't just lie back and allow a scumbag to force himself on you. And THEN he tried it again!! It's sickening.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
So are you telling me that none of these assaults are prosecutable??? What is the statute of limitation in California, exactly? What about New York, for that matter (seeing that he attacked women in NYC several times)? This man is a serial rapist. He needs to see the inside of a jail cell.

SweetNique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,798 2,124 1,854
Alleybux
I love her in Jungle Fever,never saw her in anything after that but a Touched By An Angel episode.I never heard about her being difficult but I was very going then(I didnt see Jungle Fever until I was about 13 anyway) Just figured maybe the business just didnt work out for her.Its still so hard to believe how Long this devil did this and so few who came forth.

cleokat

"I'm sick of this church!"
Reaction score
Reactions
122,009 3,423 1,757
Alleybux
So this man is just going around raping people and people know it? He was allowed to freely walk among folks and no one put a stop to it? I'm talking about men beating his ass. He HAD to have stepped to the wrong man's chick, daughter, sister, friend who didn't gaf about working in Hollywood. That thought is even scarier, how complicit others were by not calling out pervasive acts of violence against women. This is outrageous!

Casimira

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,936 1,362 308
Alleybux
So this man is just going around raping people and people know it? He was allowed to freely walk among folks and no one put a stop to it? I'm talking about men beating his ass. He HAD to have stepped to the wrong man's chick, daughter, sister, friend who didn't gaf about working in Hollywood. That thought is even scarier, how complicit others were by not calling out pervasive acts of violence against women. This is outrageous!

There's a rumor that he assaulted an Italian actress (I don't know who) whose actor boyfriend beat HW so badly that he has hearing loss in one ear. The actor didn't work for two years.

ube1kenobi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,790 628 85
Alleybux
someone needs to sniper shoot him. like *pow* bye b!tch....get rid of your filthy ass and let the women he hurt breathe again. geddemn

Cakeums

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,427 2,905 1,709
Alleybux
Is there a cosby style class action suit coming? I'm here for it. Why did cosby need to be sued while weinstein walks the streets?

nita3000

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,454 621 853
Alleybux
Nooooooooo.
My heart sank when I saw the title.
I like Annabelle, she's a good actress.
And this sick bastard is trying to play us all by putting himself in therapy. That asshole needs solitary confinement.

This makes me very curious of Marisa Tomei. After she won her Oscar, her career just died.

nita3000

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,454 621 853
Alleybux
Is there a cosby style class action suit coming? I'm here for it. Why did cosby need to be sued while weinstein walks the streets?
You know it's coming, once it becomes clear that the company knew what was going on; it's a wrap. I guess Jay Z will rescind his offer to buy Weinstein shares.?!

cleokat

"I'm sick of this church!"
Reaction score
Reactions
122,009 3,423 1,757
Alleybux
There's a rumor that he assaulted an Italian actress (I don't know who) whose actor boyfriend beat HW so badly that he has hearing loss in one ear. The actor didn't work for two years.
Ohhhhhh. Hope it's true but, apparently, his ass wasn't beat enough times. Crazy. Smh.

Sugababe

Aquarius
Reaction score
Reactions
12,199 4,120 209
Alleybux
eeksad
“And it didn’t matter,” Hannah said. “I think that it doesn’t matter if you’re a well-known actress, it doesn’t matter if you’re twenty or if you’re forty, it doesn’t matter if you report or if you don’t, because we are not believed. We are more than not believed—we are berated and criticized and blamed.”

Sciorra was one of several who told me that those they had consulted urged them to stay quiet. “I spoke with two people in the business who I’ve known for a while, and they were very clearly against me saying anything,” she told me. “And they were people I always really trusted and I respect. And they felt that no good could come out of it. Immediately, the response was ‘Stay as far away from this as possible.’ ”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it took the NYT times article with more than a dozen outspoken women make an impact. Single incidents spread over years could not harm him.

And I think there are still many women who have not spoken publicly for whatever reason. It's a very intimate thing to reveal and not everybody want their name in the press.

And there are probably just as many women who had xes with him willingly to help their careers.

DisplacedVanity

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,466 1,828 1,320
Alleybux

This is why power is so.....powerful. It makes you insulated and hard to get to. A person from outside the industry stepping to a man like could face steep jail time, fines and ruination. You don't have to be part of the industry to feel the reach of a man like that. A powerful man can place a few calls and get you blackballed from ever waiting tables if he wanted to, let alone getting jobs in other prominent industries.

Aside from that, a lot of these women were careful about who they told, or didn't tell at all. You think Annabelle told her boyfriends or relatives about this attack? You think an actress with a protective/hotheaded father, brother of friend NOT in the industry would tell them about something like this? Especially knowing what kind of damage a wealthy, powerful man like HW could do?

bxxcd

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,825 979 136
Alleybux
Unbelievable. The last thing I remember seeing her in was What Dreams May Come and I think was around 98.