Quantcast

Weird Blind Item About Joaquin Phoenix??

Micks Jagger

I'm Dusty And Proud
Reaction score
Reactions
50,820 4,261 2,793
Alleybux
Ok take it with a grain of salt its from Entertainment Lawyer. But I always wondered why you never see Joaquin with a girlfriend. Its speculated that the blind item is about Joaquin and his sister Rain. The dude is odd.

Have you ever wondered why this former A list movie actor and still a solid B+ movie actor with A list name recognition has never really had a girlfriend? Sure, there was the one on and off again relationship but that was a long time ago. He is never photographed with any women and has never talked about his dating life. Some people have speculated it is because he is gay. Nope. It is because he has had a relationship with his sister since they were in their teens. Not a sister/brother type relationship either. We are talking full on love of my life this is who I am with every night kind of relationship. The thing is that it isn't a secret in the family and the other family members are very accepting of it at home. Knowing this family they would probably be ok with it in public too, but some things have to be kept quiet

This is Joaquin with his sister Rain Phoenix

Rain+Phoenix+PETA+30th+Anniversary+Gala+Humanitarian+eV1tj6akDm6l.jpg
Rain+Phoenix+PETA+30th+Anniversary+Gala+Humanitarian+QIdVuaXfhaUl.jpg

CHEEZITQUEEN

King Tutan-Con-Man and his Felonious Bunch
Reaction score
Reactions
79,983 1,975 684
Alleybux
Wouldn't surprise me at all...they grew up in that Children of God cult...so yeah.

If you know nothing about it, read up on it and it's founder and it's xesual beliefs...truly sickening.

Makoto Kino

Sailor Jupiter
Reaction score
Reactions
117,042 2,253 628
Alleybux
I remember reading somewhere that he had problems maintaining girlfriends/erections because he was xesually abused in that cult. That and this blind item doesn't surprise me that much ... sounds like his life has been screwed since the beginning. :no:

DDelgado2000

Just here to watch the sh!tshow
Reaction score
Reactions
12,759 144 26
Alleybux
I believe it for some reason, assuming that its real. Other guesses were Keanu Reeves, Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey, John Cusack, Jake Gyllenhaal, The Lannisters (?), Phillip Seymour Hoffman, even Viggo Mortensen (one quick trip to Wiki and you see he has no sisters).

Joaquin Phoenix and that cult his parents raised him in more than makes sense here.

MJProphecies

P.I.M.P.
Reaction score
Reactions
207,539 78 29
Alleybux
I remember reading somewhere that he had problems maintaining girlfriends/erections because he was xesually abused in that cult. That and this blind item doesn't surprise me that much ... sounds like his life has been screwed since the beginning. :no:

River said he was having xes from I think 4 till aged 10 where he said he became "celibate" until 14 (what 10 year old needs to become celibate? :rose-dead: )

So I would imagine his other siblings went through the same thing. So sad.

This entertainment lawyer dude has been exposed as a liar though, but I imagine the Phoenix kids do have some issues.

Rhiannon

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,434 154 80
Alleybux
River said he was having xes from I think 4 till aged 10 where he said he became "celibate" until 14 (what 10 year old needs to become celibate? :rose-dead: )

So I would imagine his other siblings went through the same thing. So sad.

This entertainment lawyer dude has been exposed as a liar though, but I imagine the Phoenix kids do have some issues.

What the fck....
Who the hell was he sleeping with while he was 4? Other 4 year olds as well? Wow...sounds like child abuse

MJProphecies

P.I.M.P.
Reaction score
Reactions
207,539 78 29
Alleybux
What the fck....
Who the hell was he sleeping with while he was 4? Other 4 year olds as well? Wow...sounds like child abuse

He's never said. It was the Children of God cult thing, they let that happen, it was child abuse. It was most likely adults and children. I imagine the adults initiated it first, because what 4 year old knows how to have xes? :dont-know:

In an interview with Details Magazine in November 1991, River claimed he lost his virginity at age four while in the Children of God. "But I've blocked it out", he continued, "I was completely celibate from 10 to 14".

"I'm glad I did it when I was young," River once said, perhaps trying to justify the incident. "But I didn't want those and different body parts that were in my face to make me perverse when I was older."
Phoenix frequently spoke positively of his childhood and non-traditional upbringing. He rarely talked about the cult, however, once saying angrily, "They're disgusting, they're ruining people's lives".
So messed up.

lucki

Chocolate City Boss
Reaction score
Reactions
4,237 56 90
Alleybux
What is the world coming to? I hope that this is not true. Hell yeah the public would lose it-some things are taboo; xes with a sibling is high on the list

daffie

Self Proclaimed Dork
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
6,819 135 80
Alleybux
Which one of Joaquin's sisters is married to Casey Affleck? I thought it was Rain, but maybe not. I remember reading that Joaquin was extremely emotionally needy and went into fits of overwhelming crying fits around the time he was dating Liv Tyler. That may be why they are not together anymore.

sunshine824

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,285 19 7
Alleybux
TLI3YSU5TZI4GJDDH3OU2TNC4FXYME6I.gif

Not Joaquin. :cry:

I can believe it though. That cult was horrible.
Not only did they "allow" children to have xes(with adults and each other) they encouraged children to have xes and to seduce adults. :no:

I've read that River outing them is part of the reason behind his death. Yes, he OD'd, but there was more to it than that.

Sayat

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
47,270 884 507
Alleybux
Wouldn't surprise me at all...they grew up in that Children of God cult...so yeah.

If you know nothing about it, read up on it and it's founder and it's xesual beliefs...truly sickening.

I don't want to believe it because I love him but that's the first thing that came to my mind. Their leader was a very sick man as was his wife/mistress whose son committed a suicide murder years ago. They encouraged adults to have xes with children and parents would openly have xes in front of their kids in their communal living spaces.

This kind of ish happened more often back in the day, history is full of these kinds of stories. Again I hope its not true, I always thought Rain was gay. She was really good in Even Cowgirl's Get the Blues, Gus Van Sant loves this family.

Neutrality

Spiritual
Reaction score
Reactions
11,455 21 22
Alleybux
I believe it for some reason, assuming that its real. Other guesses were Keanu Reeves, Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey, John Cusack, Jake Gyllenhaal, The Lannisters (?), Phillip Seymour Hoffman, even Viggo Mortensen (one quick trip to Wiki and you see he has no sisters).

Joaquin Phoenix and that cult his parents raised him in more than makes sense here.

The Lannisters are tv characters, not real people. :dont-know: lol

brooksie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,776 1,467 149
Alleybux
I've heard this before about him and sadly I believe it. That cult was just outta this world w/ its perversion.

Micks Jagger

I'm Dusty And Proud
Reaction score
Reactions
50,820 4,261 2,793
Alleybux
Which one of Joaquin's sisters is married to Casey Affleck? I thought it was Rain, but maybe not. I remember reading that Joaquin was extremely emotionally needy and went into fits of overwhelming crying fits around the time he was dating Liv Tyler. That may be why they are not together anymore.

Casey is married to Summer Phoenix.

casey-affleck-summer-phoenix-wedding.jpg

Ashy to Ashes

Land of the Free...Somebody Lied
Reaction score
Reactions
95,666 2,518 1,863
Alleybux
Hmm idk about this. Joaquin isnt the type to talk about himself so maybe he has had a lot of girlfriends but keeps it hidden like everything else. I wished him and liv had stayed together, they made a cute couple. I love that movie they did, Inventing the Abbots.

No my boo keanu has had girlfriends. They were crackhead types, but he dates. And he even had a child but it died.

But not far off since keanu and river were best friends and he was close to joaquin.

And i believe kevin spacey is gay.

Suzy Poon Tang

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,862 30 4
Alleybux
Whomever guessed the Lannisters...I see what you did there... How very clever...ahem...not really.

Anyway, he was the first one I thought of, but even though I don't out anything past the cult he was part of, a small part of me hopes it isn't true. xesual abuse and brainwashing children means they have even more difficult, confusing,painful and complex lives as they deprogram and try to conform to mainstream values. I've heard all these things about his experiences with children of god but never once did I hear he got help. I hope he did, and I hope this blind item is just rubbish.

Commander Fess

Keeping LSA Honest
Reaction score
Reactions
36,220 1,190 1,587
Alleybux
they look so much alike. still none of them resemble River Phoenix though.
I doubt the story is true but either way, do not judge Joaquin Phoenix too harshly. he grew up in a cult, brother died in his arms and he was a child star. dude is trying.

ETA: why did she choose blue?

SAIHAA

STRAIGHT TALKER NO CHASER
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
75,512 1,371 1,761
Alleybux
I believe it. This family group up as hippies...with that whole free flowing love crap supported by drugs.

Emperatriz

Extra Spicey
Reaction score
Reactions
9,600 122 32
Alleybux
I posted on this a few weeks ago in this thread http://www.lipstickalley.com/f154/joaquin-phoenix-3-hawt-damn-3-a-382233/index3.html.
I remember reading he had an attraction to women that resembled his sisters. There was a woman he use to date she looks similiar to Rain and Summer. I think he dated a model after that and then Liv Tyler. There were rumors that Rain was gay or bi years ago. Also remember when Joaquin and Casey were filming that documentary? The lady that wanted to sue them stated,Casey was having xes with another woman in front of Joaquin. I thought it was a little odd since he's married to his sister.

Sayat

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
47,270 884 507
Alleybux
I believe it. This family group up as hippies...with that whole free flowing love crap supported by drugs.

Oh puleez, my parent's were hippies and part of the counter culture movement and ain't nobody into incest. If you read the other replies you may associate this with the CULT their parent's were involved in that could have exposed them to some ish. Free love during the 60's/70's hardly qualified as an open invitation to incest.

Donna Meagle

treat yo self
Reaction score
Reactions
61,242 911 283
Alleybux

Hey now, don't conflate hippies with cult members. Hippies only fµck consenting adults. Only insane people think it's acceptable to xesually assault children.