Quantcast

What’s a hygiene tip/product that changed the game FOR YOU?

CapnCrunch

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,747 1,679 765
Alleybux
One last thing because I noticed a lot of people talking about collagen peptides. If you use them because you like the taste go for it, but collagen does not survive the process of digestion, and it is not absorbed by the body like vitamins and minerals are. Eating it is literally useless. Topical collagen is also useless because the collagen molecule is too large to permeate the skin.
Your body makes its own collagen. As long as you eat enough protein and vitamin C, you do not need anything else.
Yes! Collagen for sale is such a gimmick. The creams, serums, drinks are all BS. Protect the collagen you do have.

07poetry

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
534 7 3
Alleybux
A bidet or a bidet sprayer. You can get a sprayer attachment on amazon for under $20, and hook it up to any toilet, It is a game changer.
You never truly understand how much of a subpar job toilet paper does until you use a bidet. Wet wipes are cool, but the amount of waste they create is not (plus the additional cost). I come from a Caribbean family, and the women in my family all keep a small cup or an empty plastic container in the bathroom (like an empty margarine container). Before you sit on the toilet, you fill the container with warm water, and a little bit of body wash (optional). After doing your business, you use the container to wash yourself while you are still seated on the toilet. They do the same in the Philippines, it is called a tabo.
Using a bidet sprayer is the same concept, just less messy. It is seriously a game changer.

Lume deodorant is excellent for the whole body, especially during the Summer. It won't prevent sweating, but it removes any trace of an odor.

Korean Italy towels for removing dead skin are a life saver. So is a dry body brush.

Theres two products on amazon that I love for feet. One is a callus softener, one is a cuticle remover. They are both quite caustic to the point where you will end up with chemical burns if you use it on regular skin (you HAVE to wear gloves when applying), but they do the job better than any other foot product I've ever used. I keep them on a shelf by my tub, along with my pumice, a foot brush, cuticle trimmers and other tools, and as soon as I finish my shower (while the skin is nice and soft) I sit on the edge of the tub and tend to my feet. It doesn't need to be done every day, especially with the softening products, but doing it regularly will ensure maintenance of soft, lovely feet. If anyone is interested, I can post the amazon links.
where do you odor the lume deodorant? amazon

PilarsMom

God, PJ, money, family = my happiness
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
67,849 4,681 3,410
Alleybux
Cant say ive found a real secret that works abd i just cant share it with everybody

mee9mee9

a crinkle on earth
Reaction score
Reactions
109,953 6,123 2,206
Alleybux
check out smallflower.com. international bath and body products are sold. only place i know where you can buy german nivea

brwnm0nalisa

вяσωηмσηαℓιzα
Reaction score
Reactions
10,033 521 329
Alleybux
Using baking soda and a sprinkle of water as deodorant. It works 10000000x better than deodorant, I have absolutely NO SMELL under my arms & I’ve been doing this since about 2007 when a older lady told me this secret. I complained to her bc I could smell my deodorant wearing off SO fast … she told me she’s been using baking soda as deodorant since SHE was a little girl & from that day fwd I haven’t stopped!

atlchick272

Reaction score
Reactions
4,375 611 144
Alleybux
Using baking soda and a sprinkle of water as deodorant. It works 10000000x better than deodorant, I have absolutely NO SMELL under my arms & I’ve been doing this since about 2007 when a older lady told me this secret. I complained to her bc I could smell my deodorant wearing off SO fast … she told me she’s been using baking soda as deodorant since SHE was a little girl & from that day fwd I haven’t stopped!
Do you mix it together before putting it under the arms?

RokaParamia

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,584 929 58
Alleybux
I got a lot of ideas from this thread. Thanks to.everyone who posted. Here are my tips:

• Liquid chlorophyll taken daily for reduced/eliminated body odor
  • Stridex pads or AHA/BHA toner on armpits instead of deodorant (can put the toner in a foaming bottle so you don't have to use cotton pads, makes the product stretch out longer since none is wasted)
  • Neti pot to clean your nose and prevent post nasal drip and remove allergens
  • Salux Japanese cloth, Goshi Korean washcloth, African net or Korean Italy gloves to exfoliate (I like the long scarf-like cloths best because I can ball them up like a loofah or use them stretched to really get my back)
  • Mr. Pumice pumice sponge once or twice a week on soles of feet and heels
  • Homemade sugar and salt scrub (lots of recipes online, key ingredient is vegetable glycerine - substitute at least half of the oil for this, makes skin extremely soft)
  • African black soap (the brownie looking 1 lb block from the African market)
  • Homemade turmeric goat milk soap (I buy the goat milk melt and pour soap from Bulk Apothecary, add a little turmeric powder and khaollin clay, pour in molds, much cheaper than buying by the bar, lots of recipes online)
  • Dr. Bronners liquid castle soap for all over, diluted for my delicate areas (I've been using this soap for decades, its the GOAT)
  • Muslin washcloths (the kind for babies) for the delicate areas, a fresh one daily, can also be used to gently exfoliate the face
  • Pat body after shower until slightly damp, not bone dry
  • Kikamanumune High Moist Lotion (this is a Japanese version of a lotion, which is kind of a thicker toner) all over after a shower, followed by a Western lotion like Palmer's or Nivea
  • Also, I realized at my big age that I can stretch scented lotions or improve a lotion's qualities by mixing them (e.g., one squirt of Hempz and two squirts of Cerave)
  • Homemade body/hair butter (50% cocoa butter, 25% jojoba oil, 25% coconut oil) - my skin and hair love it and the ingredients never go rancid on me
  • Laser hair removal for armpits and bikini area
  • Bikini trimmer to kept pubic hair short (I didn't want to remove everything permanently and shaving and waxing give me ingrown hairs, trimming it very short works for me)
  • Bidets are the truth, I have a bidet attachment on each toilet

Last edited:

TeeJaazi

Argue with your mother.
Reaction score
Reactions
175,264 4,979 798
Alleybux
I got a lot of ideas from this thread. Thanks to.everyone who posted. Here are my tips:

• Stridex pads or AHA/BHA toner on armpits instead of deodorant (can put the toner in a foaming bottle so you don't have to use cotton pads, makes the product stretch out longer since none is wasted)
  • Salux Japanese cloth, Goshi Korean washcloth, African net or Korean Italy gloves to exfoliate (I like the long scarf-like cloths best because I can ball them up like a loofah or use them stretched to really get my back)
  • Homemade sugar and salt scrub (lots of recipes online, key ingredient is vegetable glycerine - substitute at least half of the oil for this, makes skin extremely soft)
  • Homemade turmeric goat milk soap (I buy the goat milk melt and pour soap from Bulk Apothecary, add a little turmeric powder and khaollin clay, pour in molds, much cheaper than buying by the bar, lots of recipes online)
  • Dr. Bronners liquid castle soap for all over, diluted for my delicate areas (I've been using this soap for decades, its the GOAT)
  • Muslin washcloths (the kind for babies) for the delicate areas, a fresh one daily, can also be used to gently exfoliate the face
  • Kikamanumune High Moist Lotion (this is a Japanese version of a lotion, which is kind of a thicker toner) all over after a shower, followed by a Western lotion like Palmer's or Nivea
  • Also, I realized at my big age that I can stretch scented lotions or improve a lotion's qualities by mixing them (e.g., one squirt of Hempz and two squirts of Cerave)
  • Homemade body/hair butter (50% cocoa butter, 25% jojoba oil, 25% coconut oil) - my skin and hair love it and the ingredients never go rancid on me
  • Bikini trimmer to kept pubic hair short (I didn't want to remove everything permanently and shaving and waxing give me ingrown hairs, trimming it very short works for me)
Great suggestions.

Pusssie

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
26,442 437 114
Alleybux

Thank you! Bookmarked! Lol I’m going to look into that neti pot. Have you personally used black soap? I’ve been thinking about buying it, but I’ve heard of some people getting hyperpigmentation from it? Although, it could be that the authentic soap wasn’t used in those cases. I use spf anyway, but still curious

RokaParamia

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,584 929 58
Alleybux
Thank you! Bookmarked! Lol I’m going to look into that neti pot. Have you personally used black soap? I’ve been thinking about buying it, but I’ve heard of some people getting hyperpigmentation from it? Although, it could be that the authentic soap wasn’t used in those cases. I use spf anyway, but still curious
I use it on my body. I think it would strip the oils from my face. But a lot of people swear by it especially for getting rid of acne or hyperpigmentation. Maybe someone seeing this can respond to your comment with their experience. That said, it has been excellent for getting rid of KP on my arms and roughness on my knees and elbows.

cristalena

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,382 267 10
Alleybux

Do you have a bikini trimmer rec? I was thinking about getting the Manscaped one

alpirpeep

(gem)ini
Reaction score
Reactions
32,691 545 77
Alleybux
One last thing because I noticed a lot of people talking about collagen peptides. If you use them because you like the taste go for it, but collagen does not survive the process of digestion, and it is not absorbed by the body like vitamins and minerals are. Eating it is literally useless. Topical collagen is also useless because the collagen molecule is too large to permeate the skin.
Your body makes its own collagen. As long as you eat enough protein and vitamin C, you do not need anything else.
@Idreamofdewi: Thank you for sharing all this! I'm taking notes. :love

Last edited:

RavenKeeper

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
673 48 55
Alleybux
Most wipes are not flushable. Even the flushable ones, is it convenient? yeah, but you're clogging something along the way.

Edit: Typos/grammar

Last edited:

ChihulyGlass

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,600 1,464 715
Alleybux
I never understand women that carry around wipes for their vagina.
If you shower twice a day you shouldn’t need those wipes. You can wear panty liners if you have excess discharge at certain points in your cycle, but wipes are so overrated and probably bad for you. As are panty liners if worn constantly by the way.
Hello, can one use the scrub towels on their face.

Binti Msupa

Salvation is by grace through faith,not works!
Reaction score
Reactions
2,749 93 12
Alleybux
Toilet paper then wet wipes for butt. A Bridget is better though

BeamMeUpThotty

It's the LiTtLe ThInGs
Reaction score
Reactions
56,324 3,391 303
Alleybux
First of all, african net sponges. I just started using one last year.

Real loofahs. But I hate how quickly they get moldy

Aluminum free deodorant for the sake of reducing your risk of BC

drinking water, eating fruits and veggies. They make you feel better too.

Using a pumice stone on your feet when you're not at the salon.

I've been taught to brush my tongue since I was a child.

Areka

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,717 70 14
Alleybux
Game changer that I found on this site actually. Using incontinence panties during a heavy period. Lifesaver! No worries about random leaks day or night. And they are more comfortable than I thought they would be. I use Silhouette Depends.
Do you stop have to wear a pad?

Areka

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,717 70 14
Alleybux
Does anyone sweat really heavily when they work out in their groin (vaginal) area? I have to wear thick black undies and black work out pants because I sweat in that area badly. Use to spread some powder down there until that lawsuit came out. I’m not usually an (overly) sweaty person otherwise
I can’t relate to the post, but since childhood I was told to not wear black socks as to not grow cultures on my skin.
Ie I had Athlete’s foot
Have you tried moisture wicking exercise clothes?
Also you can diy powder with cornstarch base.